Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths (1020 Views)

Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up / Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC / President Buhari Playing With His Grandchild (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Emekamex(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Five months after the celebrated announcement of the clean-up of Ogoni land by President Muhammadu Buhari, the youths of Ogoni land have accused the President of playing politics with the exercise. In statement by the president of the National Youth Council of the Ogoni people, Dr Young Nkpah, he accused President Buhari of deceiving Ogoni people by that announcement.

President Buhari had immediately after assumption of office announced his readiness to implement the United Nations Environmental Programme, UNEP report on cleaning of Ogoni land.

However, Dr Nkpah said “after a study of the approach, loud pronouncements and long delays adopted by the government on the globally celebrated implementation, the Ogoni people are not persuaded about the sincerity of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government whose earlier promises were designed to score cheap political points.”

He said after the July 28, 2015, consultative meeting held in Abuja and chaired by the immediate past Head of Service, Danladi Kifasi, the federal government has yet to release any funds to kick start the process.

“Since the announcement by President Buhari of immediate action and release of funds, the federal government has seemingly dosed-off on the program without regard to the health hazards and increasing mortality rate resulting from the long polluted Ogoniland.

“The silence by President Buhari’s administration has raised strong suspicion among the Ogonis that the federal government in collaboration with SHELL has opted for their usual primitive strategy of divide and rule to set the Ogoni leaders and the people against themselves and also employing gradual frustration of the oil clean-up program to force the collective loyalty of the Ogoni nation to join the ruling party in the country,” the statement said.

The youth leader said that the Ogoni struggle had gone beyond being politicized and warned that “any attempt to break the formidable rank of the united Ogoni people will be vehemently resisted by the National Youth Council of the Ogoni people and the entire Ogoni nation.”

He called on the President to urgently remove whatever obstacles militating against implementation of the UNEP report in order to sustain the peace in Ogoni land.

Source-> http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/buhari-playing-politics-with-ogoni-clean-up-ogoni-youths/

Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by demarc001: 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Anoda Scam

1 Like

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by kenny987(f): 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Southerners should keep sleeping. Is it every statement they actually believe? Every statement or pronouncement from the Presidency should be weighed on the balance of 97% and 5%. GMB made his mindset and thought processes perfectly clear at that point so it is time for Southerners particularly SE and SS to take their leaders to task, open their eyes n fight against every unwholesome infiltration of evil. It starts from the Rivers rerun elections n beyond.

He who has ears let him hear and as the wise ones say, we must use our tongue to count our teeth and use daylight to find n catch the black goat!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by AraduF90(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
Anoda promise broken SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Xpaz: 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
hahaha.
Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Tunami(m): 9:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
i don't even know wether to take this current administration or not.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by cele360: 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
hahaha baba 419

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Just like we earlier said. Buhari-led government is 99.99% rhetoric and 0.01% action. May God Help Us

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
Lol
Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Just like we earlier said. Buhari-led government is 99.99% rhetoric and 0.01% action. May God Help Us
Yet you frown against biafra. Shut the hell up and suffer till you die. Mad man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by frankie15x(m): 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
Biafra all we know

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by doctokwus: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
Look at this clown.
They are still leaving in the past where they think govt just dips it's hands into its coffers and releases funds.
Mr man,there are painstaking steps to be taken before the fund is released. Besides that,the first necessary legal step before d release of d funds, the constitution of the board comprising various stakeholders hasn't been done, so any fund release will be null and void under the law.
People exhibiting poor education everyday in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Dosinspector(m): 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
"Good morning Ogoni people -OJUKWU",5 billion was released for IDP in north about 4months ago,baba we re watching

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
Diegobonito:
Yet you frown against biafra. Shut the hell up and suffer till you die. Mad man
Some of you lot are psychologically unstable. You don't know who your antagonists are yet you keep chasing the wrong set. Let me reteirate that "I am not against Biafran agitation". When it comes to ethnic interest, I concern myself with those of my people and not interfer in another man's struggle. This topic is about APC administration, my criticism is based on my role as opposition(PDP commentator).

You need to stop these childish and emotional comments
Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by kenny987(f): 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
doctokwus:
Look at this clown.
They are still leaving in the past where they think govt just dips it's hands into its coffers and releases funds.
Mr man,there are painstaking steps to be taken before the fund is released. Besides that,the first necessary legal step before d release of d funds, the constitution of the board comprising various stakeholders hasn't been done, so any fund release will be null and void under the law.
People exhibiting poor education everyday in Nigeria

And all funds that have been released so far from so-called bailouts to funds for IDPs et al, those ones are perfectly valid under law right?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by gregg2: 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Another scam from this lying government

1 Like

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by LastSurvivor: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
A thief will steal from you
a murder will kill you
but you will never never known your stand with a cheat and a LIAR like buhari..
Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Codedb2: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Slaves
They take your oil
Enrich themselves
You beg for clean up
Ogoni people good morning grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
Codedb2:
Slaves
They take your oil
Enrich themselves
You beg for clean up
Ogoni people good morning grin

Ogoni, Nigeria is broke. Do your worse. grin
Thought Buhari is now your saviour. They killed Saro Wiwa and others, steal your oil, fund IDP with N5Billion, nothing for the goose that lay the golden egg. shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by basilo101: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Talk too much and get the Saro Wiwa treatment. U think nothern minorities are fools by aligning with the hausas?? continue ur yeye Ogoni agitation that is not up to 5000 people
Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by gregg2: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
The scales are now falling off the eyes
of Nigerians about the scam called Buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by hoobs(m): 11:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
2moro now these same idiots will start jumping up and down in igwocha doing Niger delta!!!
Anyways e no concern me,no b my land!
Re: Buhari Playing Politics With Ogoni Clean Up – Ogoni Youths by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 02, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Some of you lot are psychologically unstable. You don't know who your antagonists are yet you keep chasing the wrong set. Let me reteirate that "I am not against Biafran agitation". When it comes to ethnic interest, I concern myself with those of my people and not interfer in another man's struggle. This topic is about APC administration, my criticism is based on my role as opposition(PDP commentator).

You need to stop these childish and emotional comments
Goto hell

(1) (Reply)

Customs Officers No Go Die Well By Abiodun Ladepo / World’s Second-biggest Diamond Discovered In Botswana / PHOTOS: Governor Nasir El-rufai At Ake Arts And Book Festival In Abeokuta,ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.