Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,401 members, 7,800,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. (1800 Views)

This Is What My Girl Killed Just Now / Meet My Girl TASHA! / My Girl Bella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Petlanders meet my girl Nancy, she's 14month old, very active and full of energy. My major challenge with Nancy is the beef she has for vehicles mostly vehicles in motion, as she attacks on sight, well most times its hilarious when she does it but this makes it dangerous walking her because she tries to attack every vehicle she sees.
Anybody in the house who has faced this problem and can proffer solutions. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos ..

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
grayht:
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos ..
True talk
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by Jackeeh(m): 11:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nancy is a cute healthy macho gurl. Kudos OP

1 Like

Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by Stancrus(m): 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Men dis ur female boerbel muscle no be here oh abi she dea gym

1 Like

Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2015
Jackeeh:
Nancy is a cute healthy macho gurl. Kudos OP
Thanks bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Stancrus:
Men dis ur female boerbel muscle no be here oh abi she dea gym
Lmao, No o, gym ke! Well its her bloodline, I'll upload pics of her dad, mum and siblings, they are all muscular. smiley
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2015
Nice dog bro,
It's usual, it's just prey instincts,
She consider those vehicles as enemies
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
CoolSmithz:
Nice dog bro,
It's usual, it's just prey instincts,
She consider those vehicles as enemies
U're right, I've tried to socialize her with vehicles buh shes's too hyper. Looking for other possible methods. Thanks.
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by barcaboi(m): 6:22am On Nov 03, 2015
mako007:
Petlanders meet my girl Nancy, she's 14month old, very active and full of energy. My major challenge with Nancy is the beef she has for vehicles mostly vehicles in motion, as she attacks on sight, well most times its hilarious when she does it but this makes it dangerous walking her because she tries to attack every vehicle she sees.
Anybody in the house who has faced this problem and can proffer solutions. Thanks.
My caucasian use 2 do it too but I walked him often especially on busy roads so he got use 2 seeing vehicles and I also read using harness encourages pulling and so....read it up too.....I use choke chain instead tho only on walks
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 9:08am On Nov 03, 2015
barcaboi:

My caucasian use 2 do it too but I walked him often especially on busy roads so he got use 2 seeing vehicles and I also read using harness encourages pulling and so....read it up too.....I use choke chain instead tho only on walks
Thanks bro and to think that I bought the harness because of her pull pull buh with her level of energy the choke chain could injure her that was why I stopped using it.
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by barcaboi(m): 9:25am On Nov 03, 2015
mako007:
Thanks bro and to think that I bought the harness because of her pull pull buh with her level of energy the choke chain could injure her that was why I stopped using it.
like I read harness encourages the pulling. ...watch Caesar Milans video on youtube tho I don't have a link......while walking stop regularly and cuddle or play with your dog even while cars are passing on the other side. ...your body language makes her know if you're calm or scared that she'll charge.....it doesn't take a day so patience is required. ....choke chain isused only to walk and remove it after walking. ....when she charges forward; pull her back hard but not too hard......also reduce the length of the chain or leash so she'll just by your side....just what I did and I adopted the dog at 2yrs and now I can walk him like I raised him myself

1 Like

Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 9:51am On Nov 03, 2015
barcaboi:
like I read harness encourages the pulling. ...watch Caesar Milans video on youtube tho I don't have a link......while walking stop regularly and cuddle or play with your dog even while cars are passing on the other side. ...your body language makes her know if you're calm or scared that she'll charge.....it doesn't take a day so patience is required. ....choke chain isused only to walk and remove it after walking. ....when she charges forward; pull her back hard but not too hard......also reduce the length of the chain or leash so she'll just by your side....just what I did and I adopted the dog at 2yrs and now I can walk him like I raised him myself
Wow! Thanks u've been most helpful, I'll surely try this next weekend. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by barcaboi(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2015
mako007:
Wow! Thanks u've been most helpful, I'll surely try this next weekend. Cheers
happy 2 help...we all learn every day
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
barcaboi:

happy 2 help...we all learn every day
smiley
Re: Help! My Girl Nancy Charges At Vehicles. by mako007(m): 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hello house Nancy needs a new home, pls call me on 07030422904

(1) (Reply)

Cleaned Cow Foetus For Your Dog / Dairy Of My Gsd / Heartbreaking Moment As People Skin An Elephant While Its Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.