Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda (5072 Views)

See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) / What The Warning Symbols Flashing On Your Car's Dashboard Is Trying To Tell You / WARNING!!! Don't Put Your Feet On The Dashboard Of Your Car (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by politician(m): 8:55am On Nov 02, 2015
Dear Nairaland!!

i have a 2001 honda civic EP2 hatchback,I parked the car at work and on trying to leave the premises, the car refuse to start.

The central lock and key fob is not working. The ignition will roll as if it want to start but will just keep rolling.

The immobilizer signs (the green key on the dashboard ) keeps flashing. The car security is factory fitted and has not been worked on since i bought it in 2013.

the scan shows no code but the key programming guy said immobilizer not normal.

Changed transponder, still no gree start ooo.

The rewire is now saying its brainbox embarassed

Please gurus, i really need professional advice
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by kingreign(m): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2015
politician:
Dear Nairaland!!

i have a 2001 honda civic EP2 hatchback,I parked the car at work and on trying to leave the premises, the car refuse to start.

The central lock and key fob is not working. The ignition will roll as if it want to start but will just keep rolling.

The immobilizer signs (the green key on the dashboard ) keeps flashing. The car security is factory fitted and has not been worked on since i bought it in 2013.

No be brain box. No try am.

Wait, did you remove and reattach battery while key was in ignition or in door keyhole?

1 Like

Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by adanny01(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2015
politician:
Dear Nairaland!!

Looks like your car is immobilized by the system.

It means your key and fob has lost communication or coding to transciever or immobilizer unit.

I just wonder how you changed the transponder. The transponder is coded and a new one will definately not work until you reprogram. Reprogramming the fob is easy and can be done by DIY but for the key, its not so easy. Find a key programmer.

If you allow that rewire, he will rewire your car and it will never be the same. The immibilizer usually shuts down power to critical engine parts like coil pack, injectors and fuel pump. Since these parts are controlled by the ECU the ECU is directly reaponsible for their shutdown but under the instructions of the Immobilizer unit. What rewires do in this case is to power those parts directly from the battery except the coil packs which in your cased it might be a distributor coil which makes their job easier.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by politician(m): 10:14am On Nov 02, 2015
kingreign:

No be brain box. No try am.

Wait, did you remove and reattach battery while key was in ignition or in door keyhole?

Thanks for the response boss!!

That might have been done while trouble shooting.

Can you help with a way to solve this puzzle as the technicians have resulted to experimental measures with no guarantee.

Regards
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by kingreign(m): 10:29am On Nov 02, 2015
politician:

Thanks for the response boss!!

That might have been done while trouble shooting.

Can you help with a way to solve this puzzle as the technicians have resulted to experimental measures with no guarantee.

Regards

Your location?
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by politician(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2015
kingreign:

Your location?

Im in Ibadan.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by kingreign(m): 10:40am On Nov 02, 2015
politician:

Im in Ibadan.
If you're the owner of the car,

Call me up 07034581213. I don't want to write the procedure for reprogramming the key and fob here for security reasons.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by mayor2013: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2015
politician:
Dear Nairaland!!

Answer these few questions

1) with the key in the ignition turned to the on position Does the key light still flashes?

2) Whith the key taken out of the ignition does the light flash?

3) with the key out of the ignition and all doors closed does the immobiliser light flash?

4) Have you tried running a scan on the immobiliser control unit?

As for number 4 if a hand held scan tool was used. It is impossible to read fault errors from the immobiliser control unit. So therefore, a professional scan tool needs to be used
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by politician(m): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2015
mayor2013:

Answer these few questions

1) with the key in the ignition turned to the on position Does the key light still flashes? - yes the immobilizer key flashes.[/color]

2) Whith the key taken out of the ignition does the light flash? - [color=#990000]it does not flash when taken out of the ignition. ( it used to flash like 5 times before when out of ignition but now it doesnt)

3) with the key out of the ignition and all doors closed does the immobiliser light flash? - no it does not.

4) Have you tried running a scan on the immobiliser control unit? - A guy brought a handheld and one installed on PC to scan and the result was immoblizer not normal. he opined that it might be the transponder is not making it to read signals, changed transponder . Still same green key flashing. cry

As for number 4 if a hand held scan tool was used. It is impossible to read fault errors from the immobiliser control unit. So therefore, a professional scan tool needs to be used

Thanks for the time out to reply!

Can you describe a professional scan tool as these guys keep saying they have it but it cant read any code.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by mayor2013: 11:57am On Nov 02, 2015
politician:

Can you describe a professional scan tool as these guys keep saying they have it but it cant read any code.

There are millions out there. But when you see one you should be able to know. A non professional type looks smaller in size like the size of a fist,A professional scan tool looks bigger in size and complex in using. So all those guys carrying a scan tool do not know what to do huh!!!
angry was there any time you took off the battery of the car without removing the key from the ignition cry
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by adanny01(m): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
I thank mods for lifting the ban. I was shocked.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by adanny01(m): 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thank mods for lifting the ban. I was shocked.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by honmusa(m): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
politician:

Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by honmusa(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
politician:

check below for examples of professional scan tools and powerful DiY scantools and analysis tool.
https://www.nairaland.com/2452516/bonanza-order-new-autel-maxidas

www.nairaland.com/2646132/bonanza-launch-x431-iv-professional

https://www.nairaland.com/2078663/bonanza-fastest-automobile-scanner-obdlink
in case u are interested .call autologic @ 08061166316 for more info.

Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by abatically(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op, does ur check engine light come on when the key is on ignition? If check engine light doesn't come on the its probably the ECU. Check the fusebox for the ECU fuse.

This happened to my Honda accord sometimes ago. I almost replaced my immobilizer receiver unit as advised by some technicians. The car would not start and the green key symbol kept flashing on the instrument cluster whenever I insert the key. The check engine light never came up. Luckily I decided to check the fuse and found the ECU fuse was damaged. Replaced fuse and everything came back to normal.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by politician(m): 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
adanny01:

Looks like your car is immobilized by the system.

It means your key and fob has lost communication or coding to transciever or immobilizer unit.

I just wonder how you changed the transponder. The transponder is coded and a new one will definately not work until you reprogram. Reprogramming the fob is easy and can be done by DIY but for the key, its not so easy. Find a key programmer.

If you allow that rewire, he will rewire your car and it will never be the same. The immibilizer usually shuts down power to critical engine parts like coil pack, injectors and fuel pump. Since these parts are controlled by the ECU the ECU is directly reaponsible for their shutdown but under the instructions of the Immobilizer unit. What rewires do in this case is to power those parts directly from the battery except the coil packs which in your cased it might be a distributor coil which makes their job easier.

Thanks for the insight.

I need the service of an auto technician with high tech gadget but cant get any in ibadan now.
Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by DECOtech(m): 6:53am On Nov 03, 2015
politician:

please leave that brainbox alone.

One way or the other, the key fob info has been deregistered from the brainbox or the key fob has gone bad.

what you need to do is to get someone with a high end scantool to re-register that key to your brainbox or register the new key fob to your brainbox and your worries are over.

1 Like

Re: Immobilizer Flashing On Dashboard- Honda by kingreign(m): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2015
politician:

After your calls, I told you to call me back I will link you to someone but you failed to do so. Contact baconline via these 07026017827, 07088216312. He's in Ibadan Ring road I presume.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Tundra Or Tacoma ..... Help Me Choose / Honda Has Done It Again ( pictures attached) / Lagos Okada Riders On Strike,Inorder To Attend Court Over Ikeja Business Distric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.