Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:33 AM

HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An (30276 Views)

HID Awolowo's Corpse And Casket (Photos) / How They Buried HID Awolowo (photos) / Funeral Service: Casket HID Awolowo Was Laid In (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by NaijNewsToday: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
Wife of Late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, Mrs H.I.D Awolowo who died on September nineteenth, will be covered on November 25th in a white damask fabric she purchased and kept for this reason 36 years back. Her little girl, Reverend (Mrs) Tola Oyediran, uncovered this, saying

“Mama in her unique way had kept a white damask to be laid in her casket whenever she died since the day she stopped her fabric sales business. And if I am not mistaken, I think she stopped selling fabrics around 1979; meaning that since then, she had kept that damask for that purpose. That is her wish and it will be like that.”
she said

Oyediran additionally uncovered that Mama will be covered in a gold coffin which will be acquired from the United States of America. She will be covered adjacent to her spouse inside the Awolowo catacomb in the family compound in Okenne, Ogun state.

SOURCE: http://www.thenews.ng/2015/11/02/hid-awolowo-to-be-buried-in-a-gold-casket-and-a-white-damask-cloth-she-bought-and-kept-36-years-ago/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by ELTON123(m): 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
HIV awolowo don die make una no de waste money anyhow.cry

23 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by deewhone(f): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
Oh! Dem neva bury am. What happen 2 a normal coffin? People are in dire need of money and here u are spending millions of naira just on a coffin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by damton(m): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
ELTON123:
HIV awolowo don die make una no de waste money anyhow.cry
No be only HIV , na malaria awolowo you go see.

5 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Chinaimporter: 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
May her soul rest in peace.
Gold or no gold.....the dead is already dead and o amount of luxury can change anything.
Awolowo was a great man but just could not rise above tribal and religious sentiments.
I dont even have a problem with him for supporting the biafran war and starving the igbos after being imprisoned by the hausa/fulanis and akintola and being released from prison by ojukwu. My major problem with his is why did he make the abandoned property act after igbos have been defeated?
Why did he make the 20 pounds policy?
Why did he disenfranchise the yoruba muslims?
Anytime i think about him,all i see is a tribalist.
Of all our founding fathers he did most harm to our integration than anybody

11 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by deebsman1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Honestly, that was when mama started thinking seriously about death
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by HungerBAD: 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
Rest in peace Ma'am.

Gold Casket? Why is the daughter even saying all this? some jobless thief might think it is real Gold and want a slice of the Casket.

Gold Casket, Bamboo Casket, Wrapper Casket, Mat Casket, No Casket, it does not matter.

Up there at the Gate of Heaven, it is equal treatment.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by wellmax(m): 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Whao, its good she prepared for death, many roaming around today are usually taken unawares.

[size=14pt]Live with eternity in view.[/size]
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by tolustx(m): 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
That is good

Psalm 90:12 "Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom."
I guess wisdom taught her to prepare for the day.

I heard of a man who had five wives and so before he died, he dug 6 graves, one for each of the wives and one for him. Right now, three of the graves have inhabitants, the last three are still loading...
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by GEJmustGO(f): 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Up ap
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by KunleBoye: 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity

4 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Respect! You and your hubby will always be remembered even in death. To all those 'comfraudsters' making derogatory comments and making jest of her name, it doesn't come as a surprise from a people who stretch their hands to greet their parents in the morning and can spit on their mother's grave'. BTW, if the Awolowo family decides to bury their matriach in a gold casket, is it your money they borrowed to buy it? When the time comes to bury your parents, please buy a bamboo casket, who cares?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
eeyahh
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by ebhohimimen(m): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Meaning they want guys to bring out the casket from the grave, cos guys from the west can do such a tin

5 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by odinese(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
.this is sh?t!
I pray I live long like her thou.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by DATAW0NDER: 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
WHY SENSE DEY LACK FOR THIS COUNTRY? WAT IS THE NEED OF A GOOD CASKET IF TRUE?

1 Like

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by shadrach77: 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
I wonder what her initials would have been if her third name was Victoria instead of Dideolu cheesy

2 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Pinkyoma: 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
grin
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by nollyway(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
Akuko mike ejeagha grin

1 Like

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
Goodnight, ". . . jewel of inestimable value."

3 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Idrismusty97(m): 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
Bury her with normal casket to aviod theifs digging up the grave and desecrating her corpse. What's the point of all these frivolities? She is dead.

2 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
Go Well Mama
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by depezee(m): 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2015
When she is buried in gold casket and a white damask cloth her copse will not decompose abi? Beautiful nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by ahamonyeka(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
MIC gold don hammer.
Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by Ajibam: 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gold or no gold.. Food for termites .

2 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by fulaniHERDSman(m): 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Southerners and plenty stuffid turenci angry

1 Like

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by confamgist237: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Gold??

Na whaoo xtian too dey waste money..

That is why i love my religion..

Even as abacha and others get money rich.. Na ordinary mat dem take burial dem..

This is waste of money now..

Why Gold casket..

Vanity upon vanity...

3 Likes

Re: HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An by godoluwa(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
RID Hannah Idowu Dideolu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Day 3: NLC -TUC Strike Updates / How I Was Betrayed At Pdp’s National Convention In Port Harcourt —sheriff / Idia Ize-Iyamu Pictured With Fish Seller In Edo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.