Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta - Poems For Review (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta (23198 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NCPC Season 2: Weno & TheScrypt Emerge Winners Of The Renga Fiesta.... / The Roast: An NPC Initiative. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Chrizoby(m): 6:56am On Nov 03, 2015
My thought swerves like the waves of the sea.
Clouded n confused there is nothing to see.
Hw dare u change in a tinkle of an eye.
You who trembles n shivers when I'm near.
Alas! something is lurking gruesomely in the dark.
And because of my feelings my vision now is black. My thought swerves like the waves of the sea.
And because of my feelings my vision now is black.
My thought swerves like the waves of the sea.
And because of my feelings my vision now is black.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by eyhannu: 6:56am On Nov 03, 2015
Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the places you can, Through all the ways you can, At all the times you can, As long as ever you can.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by trailblaiza(m): 6:57am On Nov 03, 2015
Father said it would never be smooth.
Mother said it would always be bad and good.
Life we eventually discovered to be a boxing ring.
So let's be ready for whatever challenge and fight it brings.
In storms, we'll sail hard, survive and reach the shore.
In calms, we'll sail smooth and hope against any of its knocks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 03, 2015
imohchard:
DudE... Am trying to decify your msg, but just like every great poem,only the writer understands it best

Smiles. Well, this is it.
The first line means I was still a child that just came into this earth- the sphere. Trying to familiarize myself with it.
The second line- two pens shoot fertilized dreams in my mouth- it means mom's two breasts feeding me, her words and her lessons. Like my son, you are born to be great.
Third line- now I am no more a suckling. I am no more a child but now an adult who is confused.
Fourth line- how to plant the dream is still unclear. Vague and covered in clouds
fifth line- I feel like an innocent prisoner is struggling within me- The dream is d prisoner. It wishes to come out. I wish to become somebody
sixth line- a SHOUT of freedom in a WHISPER- Now that is pure oxymoron. How can a shout be a whisper? But then, your thought like a whisper is so loud within that you can hardly contain it most time. That is it. I hope you understand me sir. Thanks cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Geezyayo(m): 7:01am On Nov 03, 2015
O' what a shame
Our heroes died in vain
Damn i can feel their pain
A man who fights for truth
Bleeds and dies
Gives his life
All for truth
Shall not ever die
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by generaliy07(m): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2015
Kept staring on the space bar
Lost my next line to bottles in this lonely bar
Like an aspiring lawyer who missed being called to the bar
Feelings of hurt like my main line just got barred
Scrap that, aint giving in to this sh*t,there's no calling my ex back
Y'all keep reading? Its a story of love gone bad

I'm in, manage that, typed it in a hurry

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Tuminibody: 7:08am On Nov 03, 2015
My missus

Cry on my shoulders
Forget all work folders
Wet my chest with your tears
Unloading all your fears
Run into my arms when scared
Together we'll tread where others dread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Dchiefpriest(m): 7:09am On Nov 03, 2015
Have u not hrd? Have u not bn told? Even the toad was nt told to prepare for the untold. U dnt need to be told Sucex is for the untold.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by JigsawKillah(m): 7:11am On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda:
And what do you think?

Give him one
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by frankeinstein(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2015
You placed your hands against my chest.
Warm,like the desires now brewing up.
Time held her breath and waited for us,
Your longing eyes piercing through my defences.
In the sweet silence of that sultry night,you led
Me into that land of pleasant dreams.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Dchiefpriest(m): 7:13am On Nov 03, 2015
Dchiefpriest:
Have u not hrd? Have u not bn told? Even the toad was nt told to prepare for the untold. U dnt need to be told Sucex is for the untold.

hope i made it?
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by AishyWemsy(f): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2015
I caught him watching me sleep
He smiled and kissed me good morning
We got up prayed, had some chores
We fed each other and prepared for work
We kissed good bye, I slowed down and said HEY HONEY HAVE A SUPER DAY
Love is complicated and yet SO SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 03, 2015
MY FIRST POEM, DON'T LAUGH ME. Thinking about how moral has encroached on our freedom of thought. Even within you, you are unsafe. Somebody should please teach me how to organize my thought or re-write the 'below'(I feel ashamed to call it poem)

The won't allow me
I am safe here
My thought, very wide
Yes, I am safe here
They won't see it
My moral! I am not safe.

4 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Even if day turns night and nite becloud day,..IT'S WELL

Even if the stars in the sky stops shinning,..IT'S WELL

Even if seas becomes dry lands,..IT'S WELL

Even if the fair lillies that grows by the roadside becomes dead,..IT'S WELL

Even when the lips u usually kiss now belongs to another's man,..IT'S WELL

Even when the heart that use to love becomes hate,..IT'S WELL.
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda:
JIGSAWKILLAH
I want to feel the softness of your tongue against mine And our mouths sealed together as our legs interwine I want to feel you slide into me hard and warm And my heart tighten as the next moan forms I just want to rip off your clothes I'm overwhelmed
why are you so obsessed with sex?
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by CChine(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2015
Before the sun rise
our heart is already aching

Our pride taken
and our courage crashed

Just looking at the sky our hope blank

Can our pair be right even when our decisions are right?

Even if our feet are strong, can it last for long?

I doubt if her words can satisfy me tonite

Cchine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by ferdspiration: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Feeling hot,then realize nepa jus took the power...

So weak so wouldn't take a shower...

Tryna sleep but my heart keep beating faster...

And my brain wouldn't stop to think faster...

I think about how much have missed my sister....

All those moment we both spend together...

Am in for this Mr llaykron..
is this 6 line?
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by trailblaiza(m): 7:40am On Nov 03, 2015
generaliy07:
Kept staring on the space bar
Lost my next line to bottles in this lonely bar
Like an aspiring lawyer who missed being called to the bar
Feelings of hurt like my main line just got barred
Scrap that, aint giving in to this sh*t,there's no calling my ex back
Y'all keep reading? Its a story of love gone bad

I'm in, manage that, typed it in a hurry
i don dey look out for you cheesy
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by ferdspiration: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2015
LIKE THE MOON

We all are like the moon
¤

With a dark side too
¤

Which we mustn't show to anyone
¤

Especially at night when
¤

Everyone is busy
¤
Like the moon

2 Likes

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2015
WarRLaY:
why are you so obsessed with sex?
And how is it your business if I'm obssesd or not? undecided
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by doncutie(m): 7:54am On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda

Let's go then you and I

as the evening spreads against the Sky

through gasping pleasurable Streets

to loves thresholding Beats

moaning away our mind's Lust

to the stampedes of orgasmic Thrust

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Laveda(f): 7:56am On Nov 03, 2015
midehi2:

is that you on your profile?...damn gosh!
Maybe yes. Maybe No
Why ask?
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by slap1(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2015
69MissedCalls:
students, pay attention
to this is important information
for perfection in examinations
students in the nation
need determination
in order to achieve promotion

u dey feel me ba? grin

Lol, you have kolo!
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by AlPeter: 8:00am On Nov 03, 2015
Imanuelle:
How on earth can they not see The pains and tears buried so deep The nights and times we cannot eat Our moulds and faces, very lean Do they think we'll never notice The smiles with which they stole our peace...?

embarassed grin
bros, you finish me...... But
why are so cruel to people always trying to oppress the feeble with words that pricks like the needle discouraging those still trying to mumble guy, you have to be very careful before I send you back to the cradle
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 03, 2015
Laveda:
And how is it your business if I'm obssesd or not? undecided
ain't cool, we don't need useless people in Nigeria, dogs,goats and cows are only allowed to be like you
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by Ezechiams(m): 8:02am On Nov 03, 2015
How did the land of our dreams
Suddenly become a land of nightmares
Here we are derelict in ruins and rumpled in pieces
Whatever ensued to the color in our flag that stands for peace
I'm sad and crestfallen as I ponder in sobriety..
Open your eyes and Rise from the bed of self-pity...
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by AlPeter: 8:03am On Nov 03, 2015
Imanuelle:
How on earth can they not see The pains and tears buried so deep The nights and times we cannot eat Our moulds and faces, very lean Do they think we'll never notice The smiles with which they stole our peace...?

embarassed grin
bros, you finish me...... But
why are so cruel to people always trying to oppress the feeble with words that pricks like the needle discouraging those still trying to mumble guy, you have to be very careful before I send you back to the cradle...
Al E. Peter sign me in
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by flavour360blog: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2015
Alive Again

At first, it felt real
Bask of the moon rays kept it alive
Time past and dusk set in
Clock ticked as it faded
Rain came and washed it away
Till I felt alive again......
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by javalove(m): 8:07am On Nov 03, 2015
Away
====

I could decide to pick a prostitute and “sex” it away
I could decide to get a wrap of ganja and smoke it away…
Or visit a “pharmacist” to sniff it away
I could decide to spend all day and night in a bar drinking it away
At least I know, like my friends say
The bottle doesn’t betray

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by godzson(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2015
African dream arising
Like we trying to raise pyramids above pharaoh
Freedom is just for d elites
D masses are just its fighters
Gunshot representing church bell
Mama africa take us bacl to our history, before its to late
Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by godzson(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2015
African dream arising
Like we trying to raise pyramids above pharaoh
Freedom is just for d elites
D masses are just its fighters
Gunshot representing church bell
Mama africa take us bacl to our history, before its late

1 Like

Re: NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta by toyejohnson(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2015
divinepen:
Staggering aimlessly like the village drunk
He wobbled the bag into the truck's trunk
Looking up the sky, he saw his mother smile
Ten years long gone, yet she seemed not a mile
With his veins full of chilled strong gin
He struggled to the steering for the last drive
deep man, very deep. good one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Rhymes / The Last Monkey In Idanre / What If I Am A Black Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.