Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,456 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

What Is The Usefulness Of The Bvn Registration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Usefulness Of The Bvn Registration? (592 Views)

Adeosun Wants CBN To Extend BVN To Micro Finance Banks / No Biafran Should Do BVN Registration / FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Usefulness Of The Bvn Registration? by michaelwilli(m): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
The cbn claims that the bvn number makes your account secure. I haven't made any transactions in which my bvn was required on the teller or something of such. Is it just a way to easily monitor people's financial transactions since all their accounts which may be under different names are tied to one bvn number? I still don't see the need.
Re: What Is The Usefulness Of The Bvn Registration? by bettercreature(m): 7:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
michaelwilli:
The cbn claims that the bvn number makes your account secure. I haven't made any transactions in which my bvn was required on the teller or something of such. Is it just a way to easily monitor people's financial transactions since all their accounts which may be under different names are tied to one bvn number? I still don't see the need.
It's used to check corruption as in your 50 bank accounts can be accessed with just a click
Re: What Is The Usefulness Of The Bvn Registration? by libertyfather(m): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
It even a centered avenue for scam into one's account.... it baseless for all I care
Re: What Is The Usefulness Of The Bvn Registration? by BIDEEN: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
Last year I hit a jackpot from GTB tho unintentional but a system error,will they trace me to other accounts with that?
Re: What Is The Usefulness Of The Bvn Registration? by Gmajor(m): 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
...so what happens if I get a BVN from bank A, then I go to bank B, but instead of given them my BVN I get a new one. how then will the two accounts be linked ?

(1) (Reply)

Can Oil Benefit The People Of The Niger Delta / 83 ‘biafra’ Activists Arrested In Bayelsa / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.