Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical (16343 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / It’s Clear Sign That PDP Will Win In 2019 – Jonathan / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
bolawillams:
The issue is beyond the display of logic or philosophy. It's about being sincere with ourselves as a people.

You say PDP destroyed Nigeria and I ask, is PDP a human being? Why are you focusing on the party rather than the individuals that make up the party? Obj led Nigeria as a PDP president, but he had his freedom of choice. He had the power to choose either to do right or wrong. His decisions and indecision weren't a result of party ideology. And let me state it clearly here, there is nothing like party ideology in practical politics. Those words are mere rhetoric except you can prove to me that any party official can mandate the president or governors on how to carry on their administrative affairs.

You argue that PDP is a killer and destructive party yet Donald Duke was a governor under PDP and he transformed Cross River State. Sullivan Chime and Chris Ngige were PDP governors of Enugu and Anambra states respectively, and they did excellently well as governors. Even Godswill Akpabio did so much in transforming Akwa Ibom into one of the most beautiful states today. Rotimi Amaechi in his first tenure was a PDP governor and he did very well then. Majority of his wonderful projects were done under PDP.
So when you say that party ideology determines the actions and inaction's of politicians, what exactly are you referring to?

Shehu Shagari's administration was noted for massive corruption before Buhari toppled the government. Please can you tell me the party that was in power in those years? Nobody remembers the party because it's not all about the party, but about the individuals in the party.
When you talk about leadership failure, I will agree that it can affect the outcome of government, but leadership failure isn't about party but about the leaders themselves.
Audu Ogbeh and Barnabas Gemade were both PDP chairmen in the past. You can't alienate them from the failures of PDP as a party in those years because they are no longer in PDP, cos doing that will mean shifting the blame for their mistakes to those who are currently in PDP today, some of whom were not there when the mess were done. For example, you can't blame Nuhu Ribadu for the ills of PDP over the past 16 years because he's now in PDP, despite that he's barely 2 years in the party, while you hail El Rufai and Kwankwaso as change agents despite that they were in PDP for over 12 out of the 16 years of PDP rule.

So in essence, my point is that the focus shouldn't be on the party alone, but on the major players in those years. When we shift our focus to the major actors in those years of misgovernance rather than on the party, then people like El Rufai, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Atiku, Saraki Obasanjo, Audu Ogbeh, Barnabas Gemade, and a host of other former PDP stalwarts who are active in APC today will stop displaying their arrogance, but rather go and hide their faces in shame knowing that we've not forgotten their history. They should also not be allowed to criticise PDP like they are currently doing, or even be involved in critical decision making in this administration, being that they are part and parcel of the decay of this country. It's only when this is done that we can talk about a true and sincere CHANGE in Nigeria.
You captured it well.

1 Like

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2015
PassingShot:

The answer that's applicable if those questions were on a company is applicable in case of a party. Ok?
Every party is a legal being that can sue and be sued.

What's your point? Again, if PDP is not responsible for the rot, which party is?
My point simply is, the Politicians who were in the PDP within this period are responsible for the state of this nation. People take blame not emblems.

Nigeria as an entity is not bad in any way. It's simply a name for people living in Nigeria. It's some Nigerians, Humans, who are bad. I won't kill today in Nigeria, fly abroad to a better country and begin a sermon on how bad Nigeria is.

2 Likes

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by PassingShot(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
bolawillams:
The issue is beyond the display of logic or philosophy. It's about being sincere with ourselves as a people.

You say PDP destroyed Nigeria and I ask, is PDP a human being? Why are you focusing on the party rather than the individuals that make up the party? Obj led Nigeria as a PDP president, but he had his freedom of choice. He had the power to choose either to do right or wrong. His decisions and indecision weren't a result of party ideology. And let me state it clearly here, there is nothing like party ideology in practical politics. Those words are mere rhetoric except you can prove to me that any party official can mandate the president or governors on how to carry on their administrative affairs.

You argue that PDP is a killer and destructive party yet Donald Duke was a governor under PDP and he transformed Cross River State. Sullivan Chime and Chris Ngige were PDP governors of Enugu and Anambra states respectively, and they did excellently well as governors. Even Godswill Akpabio did so much in transforming Akwa Ibom into one of the most beautiful states today. Rotimi Amaechi in his first tenure was a PDP governor and he did very well then. Majority of his wonderful projects were done under PDP.
So when you say that party ideology determines the actions and inaction's of politicians, what exactly are you referring to?

Shehu Shagari's administration was noted for massive corruption before Buhari toppled the government. Please can you tell me the party that was in power in those years? Nobody remembers the party because it's not all about the party, but about the individuals in the party.
When you talk about leadership failure, I will agree that it can affect the outcome of government, but leadership failure isn't about party but about the leaders themselves.
Audu Ogbeh and Barnabas Gemade were both PDP chairmen in the past. You can't alienate them from the failures of PDP as a party in those years because they are no longer in PDP, cos doing that will mean shifting the blame for their mistakes to those who are currently in PDP today, some of whom were not there when the mess were done. For example, you can't blame Nuhu Ribadu for the ills of PDP over the past 16 years because he's now in PDP, despite that he's barely 2 years in the party, while you hail El Rufai and Kwankwaso as change agents despite that they were in PDP for over 12 out of the 16 years of PDP rule.

So in essence, my point is that the focus shouldn't be on the party alone, but on the major players in those years. When we shift our focus to the major actors in those years of misgovernance rather than on the party, then people like El Rufai, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Atiku, Saraki Obasanjo, Audu Ogbeh, Barnabas Gemade, and a host of other former PDP stalwarts who are active in APC today will stop displaying their arrogance, but rather go and hide their faces in shame knowing that we've not forgotten their history. They should also not be allowed to criticise PDP like they are currently doing, or even be involved in critical decision making in this administration, being that they are part and parcel of the decay of this country. It's only when this is done that we can talk about a true and sincere CHANGE in Nigeria.
However, the question still remains:
Is it logical for any sane human being to absolve PDP as a party of the sixteen year failure?
Remember that we're having this debate because someone claims it's illogical to blame PDP g or the rot.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by PassingShot(m): 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Reyginus:
My point simply is, the Politicians who were in the PDP within this period are responsible for the state of this nation. People take blame not emblems.

Nigeria as an entity is not bad in any way. It's simply a name for people living in Nigeria. It's some Nigerians, Humans, who are bad. I won't kill today in Nigeria, fly abroad to a better country and begin a sermon on how bad Nigeria is.
Sure, the politicians, whether still there or left are to blame but they represented a party. After all, no politician can participate in an election in Nigeria as an independent candidate.

The truth may be hard to stomach, but it has to be said no matter what.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by oloyede252(m): 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2015
Firefire:

I wonder why you still refused to see logic in all our comments and submissions ?

APC = PDP

No efficacy in the name without the individuals.

The individuals behind the name (PDP) are now fully congregated in APC.

APC, party of the evil congregation of PDP.
fire you are dull.you said pdp=apc but apc is an evil party while pdp is not.
You are the father of hypocracy.

Oya who ruled nigeria for 16 years?apc right because their leaders were former members of pdp(going by your logic)

buy sense na.if your logic is flawed.
Ode wailer

1 Like

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
PassingShot:

Sure, the politicians, whether still there or left are to blame but they represented a party. After all, no politician can participate in an election in Nigeria as an independent candidate.

The truth may be hard to stomach, but it has to be said no matter what.
No problem. I belief if you are open to getting the point you must have by now.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Firefire(m): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2015
feeloscar:
Firefire, you still dey alive? Thought you left when GEJ lost.

You be wan kill me? cheesy

Ogun odun loni, gboingboin loke, oke gboingboin.

Ogbon odun loni, gboingboin loke, oke gboingboin .

Ogorun odun loni, gboingboin Loke, oke gboingboin.

Esu ma se mi, Omo elomi ni o se.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Firefire(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
oloyede252:

fire you are dull.you said pdp=apc but apc is an evil party while pdp is not.
You are the father of hypocracy.

Oya who ruled nigeria for 16 years?apc right because their leaders were former members of pdp(going by your logic)

buy sense na.if your logic is flawed.
Ode wailer

Sorry ore, APC is evil.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by PassingShot(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
Reyginus:
No problem. I belief if you are open to getting the point you must have by now.
Your point is not lost because it's what I stated already in the original post. It's you that's refusing to accept the fact that it amounts to act of irresponsibility to want to absolve PDP of bad leadership in the last sixteen years.

1 Like

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by oloyede252(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2015
Firefire:

Sorry ore, APC is evil.
but apc=pdp
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
PassingShot:

Your point is not lost because it's what I stated already in the original post. It's you that's refusing to accept the fact that it amounts to act of irresponsibility to want to absolve PDP of bad leadership in the last sixteen years.
Okay.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by harristo(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
PassingShot get over yourself, for as long as you and Nigerians continue to think PDP was responsible for the last 16 years of ruin, Nigeria will continue will continue to remain in ruins.

As long as Nigerians continue to think that PDP as a party, instead of PDP members was responsible for ruining the country, Nigeria will not change.

These same people that ruined Nigeria under PDP umbrella who have now moved to APC, will continue to destroy the country, while guys like PassingShot will be busy chasing after PDP.

As much as I hate PDP, I had to agree with TonyeBarcanista's logic - one you seemed to have failed to understand after all you talk of logic.

FYI you don't read a logic based sentence or writeup the same way you would read a plain or straightforward sentence or writeup. You have to understand the logic behind it.

Yesterday TonyeBarcanista wasn't trying to exonerate PDP of all that happened in the last 16 years. In simple terms, he said that people in PDP were responsible, not PDP itself - people that are now in APC.

Abeg TonyeBarcanista, e be like say you go for title the piece, 'Why it is logical to claim that APC destroyed Nigeria for the last 16 years'. maybe na that time they for understand pass.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by BushidoBlue(m): 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
harristo:
PassingShot get over yourself, for as long as you and Nigerians continue to think PDP was responsible for the last 16 years of ruin, Nigeria will continue will continue to remain in ruins.

As long as Nigerians continue to think that PDP as a party, instead of PDP members was responsible for ruining the country, Nigeria will not change.

These same people that ruined Nigeria under PDP umbrella who have now moved to APC, will continue to destroy the country, while guys like PassingShot will be busy chasing after PDP.

As much as I hate PDP, I had to agree with TonyeBarcanista's logic - one you seemed to have failed to understand after all you talk of logic.

FYI you don't read a logic based sentence or writeup the same way you would read a plain or straightforward sentence or writeup. You have to understand the logic behind it.

Yesterday TonyeBarcanista wasn't trying to exonerate PDP of all that happened in the last 16 years. In simple terms, he said that people in PDP were responsible, not PDP itself - people that are now in APC.

Abeg TonyeBarcanista, e be like say you go for title the piece, 'Why it is logical to claim that APC destroyed Nigeria for the last 16 years'. maybe na that time they for understand pass.

No be small thing indeed bros....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by oseo1(m): 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
But a lot of those same people are in APC now so who is fooling who
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by djkirkoo2(m): 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
abeg tell us the people wey bin dey d PDP for d past 16 years, abi becos say dem change party mean say no be dem? If a party wey contain 90% of PDP na wetin u go talk?
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
HARDDON:
Party is faceless, individuals makes party. And we all knw where the major players back den, belong now.

How can u put new wine in an old bottle and thereafter go into d streets waving broom sticks shouting change?

Split hairs from now till morrow, fact remains, the old hags are hanging on, striving to remain relevant, not untill dey all die,we mourn them for a week n restructure, change wud remains elusive
this post exemplified logic.not the superficial write up of the op.majot players of that 16 year misrule are now in the apc and that's the issue besides,Nigeria was already a mess prior to 1999.pray buhari is an exception

1 Like

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by jerusalem101: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
After reading your story, I now understand that your are no different from Tonyebarcanista. You both are e-rat funded by your parties to come and be telling us jargon, instead of proffering solution to the sinking state of the economic.,
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
PDP was a curse on our polity.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by DropShot: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
jerusalem101:
After reading your story, I now understand that your are no different from Tonyebarcanista. You both are e-rat funded by your parties to come and be telling us jargon, instead of proffering solution to the sinking state of the economic.,
The guy makes sense die. The issue is about logic of the claim dat pdp destroyed Nigeria for sixteen years Which is right.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by HARDDON: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
eduj:

this post exemplified logic.not the superficial write up of the op.majot players of that 16 year misrule are now in the apc and that's the issue besides,Nigeria was already a mess prior to 1999.pray buhari is an exception

A chick that would grow into a cock can be spotted d very moment it was hatched.

With all d cards he's played so far, u nid no soothe sayer to tell u, he dines with them
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by AngryNigerian(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
Who is PDP? Where does PDP reside? What tribe is PDP?

If the op can provide the answers to the above questions, I assure him that I'll personally catch PDP and deal so severely with it for the ruins of the last 16 years. In fact, anybody way take him korokoro EYES see PDP should let me know

Chaiii! God wen bless you na the same God when bles Uncle Solo for Bible! We are being deceived by these crooks & 419ers that were chased away in the. 80s & 90s!!!
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by Okanokan(m): 12:35am On Nov 04, 2015
The issue is beyond LOGIC. We are talking stark reality. Apc=Pdp, Pdp =Apc, we are talking of the same FACES, same VOICES, same ACTIONS, which include STYLE and METHODOLOGY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by feeloscar(m): 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
Firefire:

You be wan kill me? cheesy

Ogun odun loni, gboingboin loke, oke gboingboin.

Ogbon odun loni, gboingboin loke, oke gboingboin .

Ogorun odun loni, gboingboin Loke, oke gboingboin.

Esu ma se mi, Omo elomi ni o se.
I humbly wish you same.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by PassingShot(m): 6:35am On Feb 15, 2017
This was trashed in 2015.

Regurgitating same tired argument of PDP does not change the fact.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by PassingShot(m): 6:39am On Feb 15, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, this thread is still perfect for a rejoinder to the one https://www.nairaland.com/3628922/16-years-pdp-misrule-see you put at FP yesterday.

You can thus take it to FP as well.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by lalasticlala(m): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2017
PassingShot:
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, this thread is still perfect for a rejoinder to the one https://www.nairaland.com/3628922/16-years-pdp-misrule-see you put at FP yesterday.

You can thus take it to FP as well.

This thread already made home page
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by PassingShot(m): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2017
lalasticlala:

This thread already made home page
But it still addresses the issue raised in that one I referenced.
Re: Claim that PDP Responsible for 16 Years Of Ruins - Very Logical by 18SNVL: 10:57am On Feb 15, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye In Different Turban Attires (Photos) / Reps Reject Move To Observe One Minute Silence For Late Ken Saro Wiwa / Igbos Will Declare Support For Buhari In 2019 – Senator Sodangi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.