Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Which Plugin Will Best Secure My Wordpress Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Plugin Will Best Secure My Wordpress Website? (516 Views)

Please Which Plugin Can Help Me Do This In Wordpress / Top 15 Best Secure Android Browsers To Browse Web Securely / What Is The Best Plugin I Can Use For A Download Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Plugin Will Best Secure My Wordpress Website? by todhost(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2015
WordPress is without doubt, the most widely used content management systems. As a result, it has also come under heavy attack and so users need to take steps to secure their WordPress websites. The issue of whuch plugin best does the job is entirely for the site owner/admin to take. However, in this tutorial, we will provide you with the top three security plugins that we have found to be valuable in securing your WordPress website. We strongly recommend that whichever plugin you choose should be properly maintained. Below are our recommended three:

WordFence

The good thing about WordFence is that it will perform a scan on all of your source code files, themes, and plugins to verify their integrity and security. AIn addition, this plugin offers firewalls,dditionally, A great and unique feature of this plugin is the real-time map on the WordFence homepage that tracks attacks on WordPress sites. This map is used as a crowd-sourced approach to blocking attacks. If one site using the plugin is attacked, the attacker is then blocked by all other sites using the plugin, allowing your site to be even more protected.

iThemes Security

This plugin was formerly known as Better WP Security, this plugin prevents a number of different common attacks through strengthened user credentials, site & database monitoring, locking out users with multiple invalid login attempts, changing the admin login path and username, and limiting the number of times users can access the site (brute force protection). This very useful plugin backs up database files prior to securing your site. It’s easy-to-use, quick start installation makes this plugin ideal for site security.

BulletProof Security

This plugin is very effective in securing and monitoring logins, as well as prevent SQL injection attacks, BulletProof Security uses .htaccess files to secure the entire WordPress installation. It also protects against RFI, CSRF, XSS, and Base64 attacks. This plugin also features verbose logging capabilities, which are handy for troubleshooting by your admins.

https://www.todhost.com/knowledgebase/710/Which-Plugin-Will-Best-Secure-my-WordPress-Website.html
Re: Which Plugin Will Best Secure My Wordpress Website? by yomalex(m): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ithemes Security is great can even lock you out if you 'mis-behave'
I can offer anyone who needs for a token smiley
Re: Which Plugin Will Best Secure My Wordpress Website? by todhost(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2015
yomalex:
Ithemes Security is great can even lock you out if you 'mis-behave'

I can offer anyone who needs for a token smiley

Why not share your thoughts directly on the blog at: https://www.todhost.com/knowledgebase/710/Which-Plugin-Will-Best-Secure-my-WordPress-Website.html

(1) (Reply)

Develop And Host Websites For Free On Www.ebn.biz/cornell / I Will Write You Great And Seo Friendly Content For Your Blog / Web Design/ Development Or Blog Design For As Low As 15000 Covers Hosting Fees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.