Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... (3891 Views)

How To Take The Full Body Measurement (video) / For All Fashion Designers / Phils'collectible Fashion Gallery- Fashion Lovers//entrepreneurs Lets Meet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
If u r a fashion designer, join this BBM channel where we can share our experiences, shar4 knowledge on certain topics n learn from each other....we would also share job openings for tailors as well as the best places to do your aprenticeship...
BBM CHANNEL; C00371216
Lets help each other and have fun whilst we are at it
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 12:52am On Nov 05, 2015
Hello fellow sewists ...
One of my most fav sayings is "you cnt dance all night if you ino only 1tune..this can be interpreted2mean d amt of knowledge u have would determine ur altitude...

So I found this on craftsy.com
8 TYPES OF DARTS...

A dart is a folded wedge of fabric that is tapered and stitched down to give shape to a garment.

There are two main components of a dart: the point, also known as the apex, and the legs, which start at the widest part of the dart. The dart legs are the two lines that are brought together to create the fold of fabric that is stitched. Darts need to be sewn in the correct direction, from the widest point of the legs to the apex, to ensure they lay flat and press well.

Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 12:54am On Nov 05, 2015
1. Plain darts

The plain dart is the most common type of dart that you will see in sewing and is usually found around the bust, waist and hips. This type of dart can be manipulated and altered to make different design elements that still function just like a dart such as princess seams and pleats.
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 12:58am On Nov 05, 2015
2. Bust darts

Bust darts usually start the side seam of a garment and end near the apex of the bust in order to make the bodice of a garment more formfitting.

I taught HOW TO MAKE A BURST DART IN DETAIL on the pretty girls sew BBM channel. ..
Pls join the channel to view it in detail.. BBM channel: c00371216

Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 1:03am On Nov 05, 2015
3. French darts

French darts are a type of elongated bust dart that start at the side seam, down near the waistline, and end up near the bust point.
4. Other types of plain darts include shoulder darts and neck darts

These are used to add a feminine shape to a garment that might look boxy without that shaping. Think of the difference between a man and woman’s blazer. Waist darts are also simple darts that are found in pants and un-gathered skirts.

Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 1:05am On Nov 05, 2015
5. Dart tucks

Dart tucks are a variation of darts that are constructed much like a standard version but the points are left open. The open ends give a pleated appearance, which adds a softer look to billowy pants and blouses.
6. Elbow darts

Elbow darts are seen more in couture, tailored jackets and allow you to have a more fitted sleeve with room to move. When you hang your arms loosely at your sides, you usually keep a slight bend at the elbow, and the elbow dart accommodates that natural bend.
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 1:08am On Nov 05, 2015
7. Double pointed darts

Double pointed darts are just like having two darts joined together at their widest ends, with one point toward the bust and one toward the waist. Double pointed darts are used to give shaping to the middle of a garment like in a dress or fitted jacket.
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 1:14am On Nov 05, 2015
. Curved darts

Curved darts are used when the straight line of a basic dart does not provide enough contour to fit your shape. Curved darts can be stitched slightly concave or convex depending on the shape you need to fit.

Have a great night rest guys and subscribe to the' pretty girls sew' channel ...its a channel for designers, sewing professional and apprentices...
Channel pin; c00371216
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 12:02am On Nov 08, 2015
2daynisnour style inspiration sunday #SIS...get ready2shar3 pics of styles that have inspired u, styles that were soi awesome that u just replicated completely. ..

U can also join fellow fashion lovers on the PRETTY GIRLS SEW bbm channel (c00371216) 2 join in d fun...
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by ken4jj(m): 12:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
purediamonds:
2daynisnour style inspiration sunday #SIS...get ready2shar3 pics of styles that have inspired u, styles that were soi awesome that u just replicated completely. ..

U can also join fellow fashion lovers on the PRETTY GIRLS SEW bbm channel (c00371216) 2 join in d fun...

Good job. I love women fashion. It is something i would have learnt if i were a woman.
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
hello guys...I decided2do a quickie on how2take body measurements ...het it is...

1.Chest/Bust
Measure around the fullest part of the chest/bust. Do not draw the tape too tightly.
2. Center Back Neck–to-Cuff

With arm slightly bent, measure from back base of neck across shoulder around bend of elbow to wrist..u can also use dis measurement 2get d length of short sleeve, elbow-length sleeve n long sleeve....just divide d shoulder width measurement by 2 n subtrave d result from each of d sleevelength measurement u av taken..

I am having issue sharing pictures to better illustrate what I am talkin abt...I wonder why cry
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
3. Back Waist Length
Measure from the most prominent bone at base of neck to the natural waistline....
many sewists dnt take dis measur3ment yet tis very important especially for fat women...if u use d same measurement u used for d fromt waist measurement for d bck waist measurement u wld av a situation wre d zip would form a bulge@d bck...wich isnt a pleasant sight@all...
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
4. shoulder width;

Measure from shoulder to shoulder.

5. Sleeve Length
With arm slightly bent, measure from armpit to cuff. this is actually for.d inseam of d sleeve...if dre is anything u dnt understand guys jst lemme know..

6. Upper Arm
Measure around the widest section of the upper arm located above the elbow.

7. Armhole Depth
Measure from the top outside edge of the shoulder down to the armpit.

I think i shud actually jst find a measurement chart4armhole depth n share it...

8. Waist
Measure your waist at the smaller circumference of your natural waist, usually just above the belly button.

9. Hip
Measure at the widest part of your lower hip.
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
in taking all these measurement, ensure u rnt holding d taperule2tightly around whichever body part u r measuring except I plan2sew with a stretchy fabric..however if its a non-stretch fabric do ensure d taperule isnt held2tightly...
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
I think I shud do a more comprehensive tutorial on how to take body measurements correctly...I find out dt many sewists /sewing professionals dnt tale certainmeasurements wich r very impt for perfect fit ...if thou art interested, join the BB channel-c00371216 ...u can also ask questions n drop comments
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by Duchesskm(f): 6:11am On Jan 17, 2016
Nice one. Weldone.
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hi guys..so I just did a more indepth analysis of dart placement on my BBM CHANNEL (c00371216) .join the channel to join in the conversation. .

1. SHOULDER DART; this is done in d middle of d shoulder.4best results, it shud end 2inches4rm d bu4st point.
2.NECKLINE DART; is midway between d centre front n d edge of d neckline.4best results, it shud end2inches from d burstpoint (Bpt).

3.SIDE BURST DART; is on a line squared thru d burstpoint 4rm d centre front.should end one and a half inches from d Bpt
Re: All Fashion lovers Enter Here.... how to take measurement...... by purediamonds: 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
TRAINING ON HOW TO MAKE IBO BLOUSES, TUBE DRESSES/BLOUSES AND STRAPLESS EVENING DRESSES..
VENUE; Chocolate Fashion School, Ire-akari estate, Isolo
DURATION; 9 days in September
COURSE FEE; 20, 000naira only
Course outline;
*understanding the tape rule
*taking proper measurement
*making ibo blouses (with princess cut from armscye and shoulder)
*sleeves (both puff, wraglan and straight sleeves)
* making a bustier/strapless blouse/dress *how to fit a breast cup into ur strapless dress or blouse...

For enquiries; 08183210638
BBMC; c00371216

(1) (Reply)

Juliet Ibrahim Debuts Short Natural Hair…are You Feeling Her Look? / Celebrity Red Carpet Style- Anna Kendrick / Check Out This Baby Girl's Fashion Style Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.