Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,790 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

The Approved Proposed States To Be Created - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Approved Proposed States To Be Created (2202 Views)

States To Benefit From The N345b EU Fund / Safest Cities/states To Stay In Nigeria During The Coming Elections. / The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2009
The following are the State due for Creation

1. Adada State( from Ebony, Enugu and Abia)
2. Apa State ( from Benue, Kogi, Nassarawa and Cross River)
3. Kaduna South State ( all Kaduna southern)
4.Azare State ( from Bauchi and Gombe)
5.Odouduwa State (OSun, Oyo ekiti and Ondo)
6. Ijaw state ( only Ijaw people go be state)

These are the Plan

so my people if your side no d here forget an oh.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by ElRazur: 2:42pm On May 11, 2009
Division only encourages sectarianism and tribalism. This is not what we need! We have enough state as it is already.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 11, 2009
you got source homie??
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by DisGuy: 2:47pm On May 11, 2009
2. Apa State ( from Benue, Kogi, Nassarawa and Cross River)

hows this possible? cross river is no where near those other states!
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 2:49pm On May 11, 2009
ElRazur

I personality will be for a new state to be created, since no Nigerian is even planing to be good again, if possible I will personally say each tribe should even be a state, that will make  politicians to have at least pity on they tribal person.

We here I can say for my Yoruba and Ibo brothers here

Hmmm Ekiti, Hmmm Anambra,
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 2:50pm On May 11, 2009
Yakutsk

check your map very well Benue and Cross River. and Oju LGA of Benue State
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by tpiah: 3:06pm On May 11, 2009
Dis Guy:

hows this possible? cross river is no where near those other states!

Cross River and Bornu states can relocate to be part of the union.

or they can stay in their current locations and still join the new state.

Their excos will just allocate more money for travel expenses, that's all.

I know the OP isnt typing while drunk. wink
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by Ibime(m): 3:08pm On May 11, 2009
@ OP,

Link please.

BTW, Ijaw people already get state. Its called Bayelsa.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by tpiah: 3:11pm On May 11, 2009
just checked and yes, northern Cross River borders Benue. So the OP indeed isnt drunk.

I think after a while tiny Lagos may become the biggest state in Nigeria with the way things are going.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by tpiah: 3:14pm On May 11, 2009
Current Nigerian states- everyone get your pencil and scissors and carve out your proposed state

Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by Ben13: 3:17pm On May 11, 2009
Naija is trying o. we are heading to 100 states. sad
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by ElRazur: 3:18pm On May 11, 2009
enohj2ee:

ElRazur

I personality will be for a new state to be created, since no Nigerian is even planing to be good again, if possible I will personally say each tribe should even be a state, that will make  politicians to have at least pity on they tribal person.

We here I can say for my Yoruba and Ibo brothers here

Hmmm Ekiti,  Hmmm Anambra,   

Oga/Nna/Aboki. lol I respect your view, but do you not think it may be doing more harm than good? Why can we not work for a common goal? Why do we see the need to keep spilting ourselves with boundaries and borders? Where does it stop?
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 3:19pm On May 11, 2009
we heading for only 42 now, more six will be created ok
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On May 11, 2009
what is the purpose of this?
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by asha80(m): 3:21pm On May 11, 2009
ElRazur:

Oga/Nna/Aboki. lol I respect you view, but do you not think it may be doing more harm than good? Why can we not work for a common goal? Why do we see the need to keep spilting ourselves with boundaries and borders? Where does it stop?

Until nigeria starts practising real federalism or go back to real regionalism creation of more states will not stop.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 3:24pm On May 11, 2009
ElRazur

from our common sense, its difficult  to do wrong things to your tribal person, at least I have seen that in  employment point of view in all Paratratals

Even the Ibos and  yoruba brothers despite the Ekiti wahala and Anambra polical wahala still do these.

so its better
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by tpiah: 3:28pm On May 11, 2009
enohj2ee:

from our common sense, its difficult to do wrong things to your tribal person, at least I have seen that in employment point of view in all Paratratals

are you for real?
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by ElRazur: 3:29pm On May 11, 2009
asha 80:

Until nigeria starts practising real federalism or go back to real regionalism creation of more states will not stop.

How do we achieve that? With the foundations we have built - a very weak one - I am sceptical we will ever see a true federalism.

enohj2ee:

ElRazur

from our common sense, its difficult  to do wrong things to your tribal person, at least I have seen that in  employment point of view in all Paratratals

Even the Ibos and  yoruba brothers despite the Ekiti wahala and Anambra polical wahala still do these.

so its better

Again I see your logic. However it is not always true. As much as their is tribalism, it is a common knowledge that a Yoruba man will still want the down fall of another Yoruba man in the place of work. Same goes for other tribes.

I am not so sure about this approach of creating new states every 5 or 6 years. How have the last ones created helped the nation over all?
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by ElRazur: 3:30pm On May 11, 2009
tpiah:

are you for real?

I don't think he is saying it is impossible, more like he is saying it will be harder than an outsider. smiley
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On May 11, 2009
enohj2ee:

ElRazur

so its better

i can blv i am reading this.
tpiah:

are you for real?

all the ones we have created are still going thru probs.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2009
ElRazur

well if you dont want more state, I want it and I pray for it

and from analysis so far 80% of the 141 pollution Nigerians want new states to be created

1. In the Senate: the Number one man want it.
2. In the FHR: the Number one man want it
3. NLC wants it
4. Development Required it
5. All tribes want it
6. it is the sole cry of the minority

Thanks
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On May 11, 2009
enohj2ee:

ElRazur

and from analysis so far 80% of the 141 pollution Nigerians want new states to be created

3. NLC wants it
5. All tribes want it

Thanks

So i guess cos people wants it, is enuf to create it?
what will be the implications? the ones we have are yet to be developed.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by ElRazur: 3:44pm On May 11, 2009
enohj2ee:

ElRazur

3. NLC wants it
5. All tribes want it

Thanks

Again I respect you view. You know, just because people want something do not mean it will work. Most of us will prefer to get paid for doing nothing, but it will never happen. lol.

1. The number one man is a product of the very problem that is affecting Nigeria.

2. Same as above.

3. Same as above.

4. Developments can be done under existing states, if only we get rid of the incompetency, corruption embezzlement and scandals.

5.I don't get involve in tribal issue, however as a member of a tribe in Niaja, I am an exception and really not convinced we need one.

6. Policies can be drawn up to look after the minority interest. And ideal, in a democracy, the majority wins the vote and should have a say. [Not always true though]

smiley
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 3:50pm On May 11, 2009
ElRazur

Have u ever think deep if we were still under the Colonial master? and what they did to us? my friend the only answer to minority now is the state creation.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by ElRazur: 3:51pm On May 11, 2009
enohj2ee:

ElRazur

Have u ever think deep if we were still under the Colonial master? and what they did to us? my friend the only answer to minority now is the state creation.

I really do not understand your post, and how the colonial masters are involved in this. Can you please make it clearer? Who are these minorities you speak of? smiley
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 3:58pm On May 11, 2009
Nairalanders can you guys come to my aim and tell us Who are minorities in Nigeria
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by ElRazur: 4:00pm On May 11, 2009
enohj2ee:

Nairalanders can you guys come to my aim and tell us Who are minorities in Nigeria

Kai magida, why you dey yawa mi like that now? I know what is a minority, I am just wondering which tribe minority you think needs a state? Or which one of them are you representing. smiley
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 4:06pm On May 11, 2009
I am representing all the minorities tribes. Go to Kaduna state you will see them, Come to Benue you will see them, come to Kogi them full, Come to Cross River and run to the Niger Delta, have ever think in your mind if the Oil rich area where in Enugu, or OYO or Kano, we the enviro be like the present Niger delta area.

Brother we need am oh, I Isoku self, I pray for Apa and Kaduna south all times
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by MrCrackles(m): 4:10pm On May 11, 2009
What the fuc.k is all this breaking up of the nation now?

Who is the slowpoke who approved the proposed states? angry angry
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by Strength10: 4:16pm On May 11, 2009
Hey Enohj2ee, do you have any source(s) for this. Is this your personal opinion or from the Senate? because the last time i checked, the only region that needs an additional state is the Southeast. More states means more bureaucracy. In my opinion, we should go back to regions, but it will never happen anytime soon, so the only option at this time is to make the best out of the ones we have. But if those stated must be created in other regions, 2 states then must then be created in the southeast for equity and proportional representation in the House and Senate. Its is really ironic and saddening that when time comes for a state to be created in the southeast, every region intentionally starts agitation for a new state so in that process, the bill dies, everything is throne out and none is created. It is a shame. I also blame the southeast politicians for not having any consensus yet on which state should be created.
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by enohj2ee(m): 4:22pm On May 11, 2009
Strength10

source with held for now.

six new states are to be created
1. Adada State
2. Apa State
3. Kaduna South State
4 .Azare State
5. Odouduwa State
6. Ijaw state

Just wait and note ok
Re: The Approved Proposed States To Be Created by vigasimple(m): 4:49pm On May 11, 2009
I have said it before and I will say it again.

All President Yar'nothing, Yar A'failure is doing is

DIVERSION 2011.   

They started with Rebranding and repackaging, now it is states creation.

This is what I called VISIONLESS 2020.

What did this government do in 2 years in office- reversal reversal reversal. They even have the audacity to lie and send RIBADU to some dubious school in KURU, and get rid of him as we knew they are going to do.

Do anybody continue to see AOODAONKA AND IBORI handwriting everywhere in this governement.

What are the achievements of the present states before you create more. Goverment has no business in business. The only major employment player in Nigeria is the government.

What Nigerians need is an enviroment to create business that will create more jobs, not governemnt jobs.

You don't go to school simply to go work in some local goverment or State or even federal government on some inadequate salary to be supplemented by bribes and fraud.

It is time will stand up and say NO to this DIVERSION governemnt, a government of DO NOTHING and SERVANT NO LEADERSHIP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture: Myth And Truth About The Three Statue Elders In Lagos City Entrance / Rivers Assembly’ll Soon Reconvene, I Have The Key –evans Bipi / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Beautiful Wives Spotted Again, But This Time Dressed Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.