Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (172850 Views)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by erico2k2(m): 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
spyder880:
Foundation done, concrete blinding and column bases all competed.
quick question for you on these starter bars, how many did I full length of y16 produce?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by obua: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks for the info.
Why don't you post the plan now?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by mufutau55(m): 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2015
obua:
Thanks for the info.

Oga Spyder... and the 3D o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by plasgidy: 2:38am On Nov 07, 2015
Spydoo congrats oo, a very good turn deserves many. How is our new estate at owerri hope is selling fast. Do you still have some plots left withing the proposed site?

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:42am On Nov 07, 2015
plasgidy:
Spydoo congrats oo, a very good turn deserves many. How is our new estate at owerri hope is selling fast. Do you still have some plots left withing the proposed site?

Our land in Okuku is selling, but I guess a lot of people are waiting for the last minute rush, just like the BVN at the dying minute. We should hasten up and acquire this land before other people price us out of the land. https://www.nairaland.com/2555459/buy-lands-royal-palms-estates

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:08am On Nov 07, 2015
erico2k2:

quick question for you on these starter bars, how many did I full length of y16 produce?

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Pchinak:
Oga Spyder, do you mind telling the area of the building?

This house is small, total area is only 167.84 Sqm (10275 X 17850)

The ground floor and upper floor rooms..........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 7:20am On Nov 07, 2015
obua:
Thanks for the info.

mufutau55:

Oga Spyder... and the 3D o.
Hajji M.

Plan posted, no 3d plan, na low budget house na cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by erico2k2(m): 8:17am On Nov 07, 2015
spyder880:

Realy.ok I was thinking you can only make two.what's the total length of 1 Y16?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:20am On Nov 07, 2015
erico2k2:

Realy.ok I was thinking you can only make two.what's the total length of 1 Y16?

40 ft.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 8:37am On Nov 07, 2015
COST UPDATES.......

Here is a breakdown of some foundation cost expenses.

1. Foundation excavation N52,656
2. Column bases N15,000
3. Casting of concrete blinding N41,200
4. Iron fitter for starter bars N25,000
5. Transport costs N8,000

Total N141,856.00

Cumulative expenses so far N141,856.00 + N1,416,100.00 = N1,557,956.00

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by Pchinak: 9:32am On Nov 07, 2015
spyder880:

This house is small, total area is only 167.84 Sqm (10275 X 17850)

The ground floor and upper floor rooms..........

Thanks boss, I guess the ground floor may have to lose a bedroom to fit into a half(50x50)' plot of land.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by erico2k2(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2015
spyder880:

40 ft.
Thank you very much
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by BRAINCRASH(m): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
SPIDDER.....you didnt tell us the cost of stones purchased in the process and the volume..

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by abouzaid: 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
twenty one gun salute to the main man himself. nice gravel,are those washed or just hand broken, they don't seem to contain mud. good work, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
BRAINCRASH:
SPIDDER.....you didnt tell us the cost of stones purchased in the process and the volume..

abouzaid:
twenty one gun salute to the main man himself. nice gravel,are those washed or just hand broken, they don't seem to contain mud. good work, keep it up.

We have bought 5 trips of gravel and used 2 and half. Each trip cost about N23,000 which is a total of N115,000
Thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by kostadinis: 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
Congrats!

This is a bold step. I wish you well.

Imere ofuma, maka na Obidigbo.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 10:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
kostadinis:
Congrats!

This is a bold step. I wish you well.

Imere ofuma, maka na Obidigbo.

Thank you bro.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by omooba969(m): 11:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mr spyder, on Nov 5 I asked why you have decided to use 9" blocks all through as opposed to some who use it for outer wall & 6" for partitions.

I'm only curious as to whether there's any advantage with regards to your decision as per using 9" blocks.

Can you please satisfy my curiosity. grin
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
omooba969:
Mr spyder, on Nov 5 I asked why you have decided to use 9" blocks all through as opposed to some who use it for outer wall & 6" for partitions.

I'm only curious as to whether there's any advantage with regards to your decision as per using 9" blocks.

Can you please satisfy my curiosity. grin

Oh, sorry for not attending to that question then.

The choice of blocks to use is backed by so many factors, most people prefer to use blocks with less width to reduce their expenses on concrete and even reduce their cost of blocks since 6" blocks are less costly that their 9" counterparts. Reduction of building costs is usually the main reason for this. Other reasons include the need for more room, as slimmer blocks can add some millimeters to your room sizes, other reasons might include weight reduction.

There are so many situations where we need to be very careful on the block type we use. There are places in a building where the width of your columns matter so much. Those corners of the house the columns bear a substantial load and thus needs to be more sturdy. I am going to build this house with 9" blocks on the ground floor, but when I get to the upper floors, I will most likely do the inner room partitions with 6" blocks.

I will also sound a note of warning here, please ensure that a qualified professional looks at your building plan, the land and then the methods you might want to use before he will advice on the type of blocks to use. Things like the block type to use are usually spelt out in the structural drawings of a house plan.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
spyder880:
COST UPDATES.......

Here is a breakdown of some foundation cost expenses.

1. Foundation excavation N52,656
2. Column bases N15,000
3. Casting of concrete blinding N41,200
4. Iron fitter for starter bars N25,000
5. Transport costs N8,000

Total N141,856.00

Cumulative expenses so far N141,856.00 + N1,416,100.00 = N1,557,956.00

I will add the cost of 5 trips of stone and gravel selling at N23,000 = N115,000

New total spent will now go to N1,672,956.00

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by omooba969(m): 11:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
spyder880:

Oh, sorry for not attending to that question then.

The choice of blocks to use is backed by so many factors, most people prefer to use blocks with less width to reduce their expenses on concrete and even reduce their cost of blocks since 6" blocks are less costly that their 9" counterparts. Reduction of building costs is usually the main reason for this. Other reasons include the need for more room, as slimmer blocks can add some millimeters to your room sizes, other reasons might include weight reduction.

There are so many situations where we need to be very careful on the block type we use. There are places in a building where the width of your columns matter so much. Those corners of the house the columns bear a substantial load and thus needs to be more sturdy. I am going to build this house with 9" blocks on the ground floor, but when I get to the upper floors, I will most likely do the inner room partitions with 6" blocks.

I will also sound a note of warning here, please ensure that a qualified professional looks at your building plan, the land and then the methods you might want to use before he will advice on the type of blocks to use. Things like the block type to use are usually spelt out in the structural drawings of a house plan.

Thank you.

Indeed the patient dog eats the fattest bone grin cos your explanation is rich in technicality. 'much appreciated.

Sorry to bother you sir, 1 question about foundation, is it more advantageous to allow for natural soil compaction with the help of rain considering that time is of essence as opposed to how it's done with the machine or what's your take on this?

Thank you.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 6:47am On Nov 08, 2015
omooba969:

Indeed the patient dog eats the fattest bone grin cos your explanation is rich in technicality. 'much appreciated.

Sorry to bother you sir, 1 question about foundation, is it more advantageous to allow for natural soil compaction with the help of rain considering that time is of essence as opposed to how it's done with the machine or what's your take on this?

Thank you.

If you have time, you could wait it out, like 6 months of rain, and still you will need to compact the earth. But it might be faster to pond the foundation; pour enough water into the foundation space to sink the soil, then compact. I will do this next week.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by omooba969(m): 9:13am On Nov 08, 2015
spyder880:

If you have time, you could wait it out, like 6 months of rain, and still you will need to compact the earth. But it might be faster to pond the foundation; pour enough water into the foundation space to sink the soil, then compact. I will do this next week.

Your reply has indeed lifted me out of my dilema & given me more confidence in Pond-the-Foundation method which in fact saves time.

Thank you sir & may God continue to bless the work of your hand. smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by donbuchi1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
following

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ablaw: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Congrats bro. Will like to see more pics. God go bring more money

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by AtomElect: 3:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
Following my Oga...

Feel free to contact us for your electrical engineering work...

Atom-Elect is a full service company for both residential and commercial electrical needs and is committed to going above and beyond our customer’s expectations. Our mission is to provide exceptionally qualified services to all of our customers while staying competitive with our pricing.

We have the expertise you can depend on in both Residential and Commercial Electrical Services from minor troubleshooting to large-scale new commercial construction and electrical maintenance services.

Address:
2 The Bells University Drive, Ota, Lagos. 112264 Ota
Phone:
+234 803 314 8637
Email:
Enquiry.atomelect@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by ckenneths(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2015
I did not get the whole data about the number of blocks laid inside this foundation, and other details, but I have paid another N63,000 as money to cover the whole block works inside the foundation, labor and even the feeding money for my supervisor (N10,000) who has been with the boys down there.

Today, they are moving back to the site to continue work, carpentry works will be done to board the foundation while concrete will be used to cast the columns. Then the filling of this foundation with soil will start tomorrow.

Cost update N73,000 + N1,672,956.00 = N1,745956.00

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by erico2k2(m): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
spyder880:
Foundation done, concrete blinding and column bases all competed.
Oga spyder, plz whats the length of your starters bar?
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Oga spyder, plz whats the length of your starters bar?

For this particular house, it was planned to be 2.1 meters. It differs from site to site for a lot of reasons.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by imoci(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
spyder880:

For this particular house, it was planned to be 2.1 meters. It differs from site to site for a lot of reasons.
spyder880:

spyder880:
This thread is opened to document the processes of building a small 5 bedroom duplex in a rural area in Nigeria. It is a thread to promote affordable housing for those willing to construct their homes at the lowest costs possible, while imbibing the best engineering practices.

We did not decide to mold our own blocks here, instead, there is no block industry around this town, so we have to make our own blocks in this location. I am not going to include the cost of clearing this site, as the conditions here might be different from that in many other sites.

We have made about 3,400 blocks of 9" to start this foundation, and the costs of making the blocks are as follows;

1. Bags of cement N1,750 x 120 = N210,000
2. Workmanship for making the blocks N600 x 120 bags = N72,000
3. Trips of sharp sand N8000 X 12 trips = N96,000
4. Carriage and packing of the blocks N 30,000
5. Security and misc. N10,000
Total cost for making 3,400 blocks is N418,000 (this means that each block here was produced with N122.94 only)

Another cost we have incurred here is a well for water supply. This well was done for N120,000, everything including workmanship and plastering works.

This will mean that we have spent N418,000 + N120,000 = N538,000 so far even before starting the foundation of this house.

TIGERKENN HOMES
08033350750, 07081821271, ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk

Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated.

FULL DISCLOSURE: THIS HOUSE BELONGS TO SPYDER880 HIMSELF. THIS WILL BE MY RETIREMENT HOME WHEN I QUIT ACTIVE BUSINESS. THIS LAND AND BUILDING IS LOCATED AT NOMEH-UNATEZE, NKANU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ENUGU STATE. THIS IS MY FIRST VILLAGE HOME.
[color=#006600][/color]

Good job,how many blocks did you mould with a bag of cement.
Re: The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) by spyder880(m): 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
imoci:
[color=#006600][/color]

Good job,how many blocks did you mould with a bag of cement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures / Find A Roommate In Lagos(only Graduates Please) / Cost Of Building A Three Bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.