Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,884 members, 7,798,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders (28012 Views)

Yale Young African Scholars Program 2018 For Secondary School Students / Mastercard Foundation Calls For Submissions By Young African Artists / 2018 Mandela Washington Fellowship Opens For Application, Deadline October 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by musicwriter(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Unfortunately, we Africans remain dumb and unable to decipher this's just one more instrument of neo-colonialism. It's like the latest strategy of western powers is "catch them young". Going to US to discuss African leadership?. What nonsense!.

If they try this in China or Russia, a death sentence would be placed on you for applying to participate in such nonsense.

Intellectual slavery is real and a great threat to Africa's self government and development.

Indeed, elite brainwashing is the last stage on mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by CSTR2: 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by olaola001: 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
OK,let's give it a try

In other news 200pairs of unisex TOMS shoes available for sale #BackByPopularDemand
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes/1
Also,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
Greetings everyone. My essay(on eduucation) has just been published on a site for an essay competition and I need your votes. Please just like the article by clicking the Facebook like icon close to the bottom of the article page. Ur comments(which also count as votes) are also highly welcomed. U can comment using the comment box below the article page. Pls don't ignore. I'm sure you'll find the article a good read. Thanks.
http://www.nuhafoundation.org/home/blog/bloggingentries/2015/youth/remodelling_the_modern_education_system_s_igbe#.Vjc2yFAo_Js
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Candybob(m): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
CSTR2:

Countries like japan, south korea, are basically under American control and they are as developed or in the case of japan even more developed than America.

Where did you learn this?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by GreatManBee: 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
abbk000:
This may be useful to you or anyone you know.

US Government is looking for 1000 leaders for 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders.

Application is available online at http://youngafricanleaders.state.gov (see attached document for further information)

Date: October 1 - November 11, 2015

ELIGIBILITY:
· Are between the ages of 25 and 35 at the time of application submission, although exceptional applicants younger than 25 will be considered.
· Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. (ensure your passport is valid till at least 2017)
· Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English. Avoid grammatical blunders & typos, avoid big words & if you do, be sure to understand its meaning in the American English
· A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
· A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
· The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
· Strong social and communication skills.
· An energetic, positive attitude.
· Demonstrated knowledge, interest and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
· A commitment to return to Africa and apply leadership skills and training to benefit the applicant’s country and/or community after they return home. You would be unable to relocate to the US for 2years, only visits.

The application will collect basic information and will include questions regarding the applicant’s professional and academic experience, including educational background; honors and awards received; extracurricular and volunteer activities; and English language proficiency (no false information please)

https://youngafricanleaders.state.gov/applying-to-be-a-mandela-washington-fellow-answers-from-the-experts/
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by SHOCK7(m): 11:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
blank:
Seems like it is for unemployed people.
Who would resign for a 6 week internship?
So what do u do?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by donemitex1: 9:32am On Nov 05, 2015
get it here

Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by mostfavour(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2015
I await your response pls...

Can one that already have a pending interview appointment at the embassy by January 2016 apply for this Mandela fellowship stuff?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by ignis: 11:59am On Nov 05, 2015
please, have anyone applied yet?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by blank(f): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
SHOCK7:

So what do u do?

I work.
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by ChikezieU(m): 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
abbk000:
This may be useful to you or anyone you know.

US Government is looking for 1000 leaders for 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders.

Application is available online at http://youngafricanleaders.state.gov (see attached document for further information)

Date: October 1 - November 11, 2015

ELIGIBILITY:
· Are between the ages of 25 and 35 at the time of application submission, although exceptional applicants younger than 25 will be considered.
· Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. (ensure your passport is valid till at least 2017)
· Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English. Avoid grammatical blunders & typos, avoid big words & if you do, be sure to understand its meaning in the American English
· A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
· A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
· The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
· Strong social and communication skills.
· An energetic, positive attitude.
· Demonstrated knowledge, interest and professional experience in the sector/track selected.
· A commitment to return to Africa and apply leadership skills and training to benefit the applicant’s country and/or community after they return home. You would be unable to relocate to the US for 2years, only visits.

The application will collect basic information and will include questions regarding the applicant’s professional and academic experience, including educational background; honors and awards received; extracurricular and volunteer activities; and English language proficiency (no false information please)

https://youngafricanleaders.state.gov/applying-to-be-a-mandela-washington-fellow-answers-from-the-experts/
I can't get my details registered
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by leo1234(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Please who knows how long this program takes?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Bespiel: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
ignis:
please, have anyone applied yet?

yea....tedious tho. have u applied too?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by ignis: 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bespiel:

yea....tedious tho. have u applied too?
I stopped halfway
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Bespiel: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
ignis:

I stopped halfway

Lol.it took me hours. At the end, you will be asked how many minutes it took you to complete the application
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by NobleAky(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bespiel:

Lol.it took me hours. At the end, you will be asked how many minutes it took you to complete the application
..hahahaaha same here. The essay section took my precious time though i was able to complete mine
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by GideonG(m): 4:56am On Jan 22, 2016
I have been invited for interview! I might go to USA this year, if everything goes successfully. May God bless our hustle!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by olupentane(m): 6:26am On Jan 22, 2016
GideonG:
I have been invited for interview! I might go to USA this year, if everything goes successfully. May God bless our hustle!
Good luck bro. when did you receive the invitation?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by GideonG(m): 9:38am On Jan 22, 2016
olupentane:

Good luck bro. when did you receive the invitation?
I just saw the mail yesterday, it might not be upto 24hrs when they sent it. The interview will be done in Jos, Kaduna, Calabar, Enugu and PH. Over 50,000 people applied across Africa so hold on and keep ur eyes on ur email. Tnx
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by NobleAky(m): 9:56am On Jan 22, 2016
GideonG:
gudluck bro! I applied too but haven't gotten any mail yet. When and Where is ur interview taking place and what are the chances that one will still be invited after mails have been sent out to some people
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Bespiel: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
GideonG:

Hi, All i got yesterday was a mail from YALI. I did not get any invite for interview. Could you copy and paste the invite? Thanks
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Bespiel: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
NobleAky:
..hahahaaha same here. The essay section took my precious time though i was able to complete mine

Hello NobleAky
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by NobleAky(m): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bespiel:

Hello NobleAky
yes!
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Bespiel: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
NobleAky:
yes!

From the calendar, interview is supposed to be in March. I'm surprised someone has gotten an invite already.

Lets still wait a bit tho. Do you have a valid international passport?
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by NobleAky(m): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bespiel:

From the calendar, interview is supposed to be in March. I'm surprised someone has gotten an invite already.

interview is suppose to be held by Jan and Feb. Match is when all applicants will be notified of their application status
i have a passport!
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by Bespiel: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
NobleAky:
interview is suppose to be held by Jan and Feb. Match is when all applicants will be notified of their application status

Okay then.....
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by GideonG(m): 2:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bespiel:

Hi, All i got yesterday was a mail from YALI. I did not get any invite for interview. Could you copy and paste the invite? Thanks

I currently don't have the facility to do that, but I received a message from USEmbassy this morning through sms. Since over 50,000 people applied, I think it should be according to badges.
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by GideonG(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
NobleAky:
gudluck bro! I applied too but haven't gotten any mail yet. When and Where is ur interview taking place and what are the chances that one will still be invited after mails have been sent out to some people
I can't tell bro, but I am a human being with a very high faith. So nothing is impossible, that's just my belief.
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by GideonG(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bespiel:

Mehn my int'l passport have expired since 2014.
Re: 2016 Mandela Washington Fellowship For Young African Leaders by NobleAky(m): 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
GideonG:

I currently don't have the facility to do that, but I received a message from USEmbassy this morning through sms. Since over 50,000 people applied, I think it should be according to badges.
from their suggestion, not all applicants will be selected for interview...only those who met the benchmark given to the panel that reviewed the applications will be invited for the interview (semi-finalists)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet My Daughter! (pic) - Dickdastardly As The "GOOD DAD"! / Long Snake Killed At OAU Postgraduate Hall Of Residence / Ten Unwritten Social Rules Everyone Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.