Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? (40831 Views)

Who Do You Think Is The Most Popular Minister In Buhari's Administration? / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? (2) / FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Sweetguy25: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
As far as federal administration is concerned, this year has ended. I don't see anything else this government can put in place this year that could create a positive effect in the short term. Portfolios are yet to be handed to the recently confirmed ministers and rumors have it that the ministers will likely get their portfolios next week. We have eight weeks left in 2015 and a federal executive council or a cabinet has not yet been instituted.

That notwithstanding, I must admit that I'm honestly not expecting the ministers to give any policy directive this year. They will have to take about 1 month to fully understand and appraise the current state of their respective ministries, develop ideas, policies and plans for their respective ministries. Coupled with the fact there's no budget in place and this government plans to commence a zero-based budgetary system that is time consuming and new to the system, it may take longer for Nigerians to start witnessing any positive change.

Now the big question to everyone is - What has Buhari's government achieved this year?
And I mean concrete achievements that were initiated by this government not projects or programs that were carried over from the previous government.

Has Buhari set out any economic policy to attract investors to the economy?
Has Buhari awarded any contract to develop an infrastructure project anywhere in the country?
What has Buhari done to curb the rising unemployment rates?
What has Buhari done to fight corruption (Aside the usual empty rhetoric)?
What has Buhari done to improve the state of our ailing economy?
What has Buhari done to improve security?
What has Buhari done to ameliorate the sufferings of the poor who are the most vulnerable to our current economic situation?

And please I don't want the usual excuses of "Six months is not enough to appraise his government" and "he's battling with the rot he was left with from GEJ"

The floor is open. . .

cc@ lalasticlala, seun,

139 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
He has achieved Nothing... And I don't expect the dull'ard to achieve anything.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2682938_img2015072826629_jpegfa206e5609ff464467c82ea736caee6a

Photo credit: anonimi

312 Likes 35 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by smartblu(m): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
c
Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by temitemi1(m): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOTHING oooooOoooooooooo

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by francizy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Am perplexed, angry and at the same time disgusted at comments insinuating Buhari hasn't achieved anything this year. When:

- boko haram members are running Maiduguri and Yola down (haven killed over 3 thousand people since May 29)?
- Fulani herdsmen are distroying farmlands and killing farmers with full force?
- the economy is already on recession?
- fuel scarcity and increase in fuel price is the order of the day?
- DSS is been used to fight perceived enemies?
- our media no longer dish out reliable news?
- the Nigerian Army is now been used to deceive gullible Nigerians and also, instead of fighting boko haram head on, they are busy issuing warnings?
- it took the president five - six months to release his thank you/noisemakers' list in the form of ministers (having some of the most corrupt and senile politicians just like the president himself)?
- no project has been commissioned?
- refinery that was due for operation in 2016 was forcefully put to operation and subsequently shut down?
- body odour generated power has declined back to it's epileptic state?
- de-marketing Nigeria to foreign investors?
- confusion everywhere as most statements released by one media aid of the president is refuted by the second aid before the day runs out?
- all campaign promises has been denied?
- the president converted Nigerian economy to a northern empire by choosing mostly northerners to head important posts and tagging the regions that didn't vote for him as 5 percent?
- crime rate has quadrupled?
- the only economic direction of the president is blames, blames and multiple blames?
- the president misses important functions and goofs at important meetings/interviews abroad?
- the president only speaks to Nigeria via BBC Hausa or via foreign media stations while only his aids speak to us via Nigerian stations?
- job losses everywhere, with job creation at it's lowest since 1984 (talk about breaking his own record)?
- JP Morgan delisted Nigeria from its bond index?
- fighting perceived enemies and using judges to criminally upturn elections in opposition states?
- further deplating our researves by embarking on fruitless journeys outside Nigeria?
- running a government where some gullible Nigerians equal performance with number of snapshots pa day, as this administration has been rightfully tagged photocracy?
- first ever president to be campaigning after election by making new promises albeit denying the ones made during his presidential campaign?

Truthfully, Buhari has achieved a lot but unfortunately/sadly, the achievements were negative ones.. sad

487 Likes 101 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nothing much. Just vibration. No movement.

But SeverusSnape, take it easy on him. LOL!

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by SosaMontana(m): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
dearpreye:
Nothing much. Just vibration. No movement.

But SeverusSnape, take it easy on him. LOL!
My Good sire, Opposition must be played 'constructively', APC taught us that. cheesy

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

My Good sire, Opposition must be played 'constructively', APC taught us that. cheesy

Good evening, my comrade. APC has nothing to offer.....It's November. No ministers yet. SMH!

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Mynd44: 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
Achievements this year includes the total implementation of TSA
the adoption of a zero based plan for budgets
Renegotiating the loans taking by various states that made it difficult for them to pay salaries

They also include raising power generation to 4,500MW
We have started over-hauling NNPC
Re-awakening of the anti-graft bodies
The fight against corruption has taken full force
A redirection of Nigeria's taxing policy
Adoption of the Ogoniland clean up report
[b]And most importantly, Kicking out the past administration and their corrupt practices[\b]

126 Likes 22 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by vedaxcool(m): 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mynd44:
Renegotiating the loans taking by various states that made it difficult for them to pay salaries

[b]And most importantly, Kicking out the past administration and their corrupt practices[\b]

Gbam!!!

Buhari has achieved in 5 months what GEJ could achieve in 6 years!! Wailers find something else to wail upon

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Fpersiee(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
francizy:
Am perplexed, angry and at the same time disgusted at comments insinuating Buhari hasn't achieved anything this year. When:

- boko haram members are running Maiduguri and Yola down (having killed over 3 thousand people since May 29)?
- Fulani herdsmen are distroying farmlands and killing farmers with full force?
- the economy is already on recession?
- fuel scarcity and increase in fuel price is the order of the day?
- DSS is been used to fight perceived enemies?
- our media no longer dish out reliable news?
- the Nigerian Army is now been used to deceive gullible Nigerians?
- it took the president five - six months to release his thank you/noisemakers' list in the form of ministers (having some of the most corrupt and senile politicians just like the president himself)?
- no project has been commissioned?
- all campaign promises has been denied?
- crime rate has quadrupled?
- job losses/job creation is at it's lowest since 1984 (talk about breaking his own record)?

Truthfully, Buhari has achieved a lot but unfortunately/sadly, the achievements were negative ones.. sad
My dear, I wish I could add more. In fact, your likes are needed at the Channels Tv. smiley. But has your power supply improved? It went missing in the above. shocked

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Sweetguy25: 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
Mynd44:
- TSA was a policy of GEJ’s administration.
- The adoption of zero-based budgeting is still a plan of the government, it is not yet adopted. The government might jettison the idea if it wishes.
Loan renegotiation -I don’t have any idea about this, perhaps you can provide a link to a source.

This “achievement” was very temporary. Power generation at present is not 4500 MW.
On overhauling NNPC, I dont think this is an achievement. Are there any new policies, laws and regulations that will guide the NNPC? What are they? As far as I’m concerned, the NNPC is still an inefficient and excessively bureaucratic public corporation. And this so called overhauling will have no long lasting effect if the laws guiding the industry are stil

How? How many corrupt politicians or societal bigwigs have been prosecuted for corrupt practices since Buhari became president? Name one? And why will a president who boasts of being anti-corruption czar appoint people who have been publicly accused of engaging in corrupt practices

This is vague. What do you mean by this?

- Adoption of a report just for the sake of it is not an achievement. Has the cleanup project been executed and commissioned?

And most importantly, Kicking out the past administration and their corrupt practices

216 Likes 26 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by francizy(m): 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
Fpersiee:

My dear, I wish I could add more. In fact, your likes are needed at the Channels Tv. smiley. But has your power supply improved? It went missing in the above. shocked

I have edited it and added much more... smiley

Lalasticlala, kindly do the needful..

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by CR77(f): 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
I think Buhari Achieved MR. TOURISM in 2015.

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
He succeeded in reducing the number of the Hausa men and Almajiri.
That's a great achievement.

God bless the Boko Haram.

19 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by damton(m): 8:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
improved electricity and no recorded corruption case since may 29.

6 Likes

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by kulobyno: 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
He has achieved alot
He met mechelle d president of west germany.
He met obama
He went to India
Mehn he has travelled to Morethan 50 countries since he became d president.
Are this not achievements.

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Sijo01(f): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
Chaiiiii, booohari have succeeded in wasting 6 months of Nigeria history. I see him wasting the remaining one month of this year.
Such a clueless, brainless, idealess man.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
1. Using his body odour to increase power supply.
2. Fighting corruption by supporting corruption.
3. Complains how GEJ sleeps with light on.
4. Appointed his cabinet from Daura Old people's Home.
5. Note: he is the youngest president Nigeria has ever produced.

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by steph2sweet(f): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nothing, absolutely nothing,rather there has been an increase in boko bombing.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
International relations with other countries has improved

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by CACAWA(m): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
1. State bailout
2. Improved power supply
3. Reduced scarcity of petrol
4. NNPC transparency
5. Restriction of bokoharam ARMY to The borders.
6. Obtaining support from Uk and US one repartriation of stolen funds.
7. Removal of impunity and abuse of office.
8. Decorum and decency in the first lady's office
9. Reduction in cost of governance and estacodes.
10. Revamping of the anti corruption agencies.
Stop counting ... Let's join hands together to make the country great... This govt has promised that next budget will be masses friendly and they plan to spend 5trillion nairaland on infrastructural development ALONE.

Let's be positive...I don't mean HiV positive though

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by acunon: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Babagoslow, always carting money away via unnecessary travelling, we are watching you!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by ruggedboy01: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Codedb2: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
He probed PDP for......
Stealing yam
Stealing goat
Stealing air
Stealing his finrfinr grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Daniel058(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
S

the "S" above stands for space which I booked first before coming back to comment

Back to the topic, I'm really in support of the motion which states that Buhari Nigerian President from Daura Town in Katsina state, has failed us by performing below our expectation.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by engrflames: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Notting other than to make noise and empty promises of fighting corruption and witch hunting of opposition party members.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Selfies, finger-pointing and probes/suits instituted out of bad faith.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? by agarawu23(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abdusalami Abubakar Meets With President Tinubu In Aso Rock / Prophet Reveals Prophecies For President Jonathan (watch Video) / Fayose Has No Right To Ban Cattle Rearing In Ekiti – Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.