Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? (14525 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Onole: 10:52am On May 12, 2009
I recently heard Rhythm naming some Nigerians as living legends, why is Bishop david Oyedepo's name not there?
I trip to Canaanland - Ota will show anyone that this man is a legend, I heard his ministry is set to Open another university
called Landmark University soon after the order of Covenant University which is a pace setter in Private university administration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 11:09am On May 12, 2009
Onole:

I recently heard Rhythm naming some Nigerians as living legends, why is Bishop david Oyedepo's name not there?
I trip to Canaanland - Ota will show anyone that this man is a legend, I heard his ministry is set to Open another university
called Landmark University soon after the order of Covenant University which is a pace setter in Private university administration.

Yes he is a living Legend, why can't he be a legend after extoting poor people and used their money to buy private jet, build university and enroll them and still collect school fees from them,he will still build another one with their money,

I wonder why they did not put him since his collegue Adeboye is there.

haleluya the larwd is doog
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Onole: 11:33am On May 12, 2009
What are you saying?
I am sure you re not a Christian, can only Christian reply here ?
Bishop David Oyedepo is a father to the Christians, over the Years he has done so many things for Nigerians that are not announced.
He gives annual Scholarships running into Millions of Naira. This Year he gave Scholarships worth N50 Million Naira, and N300 Million naira as
Empowerment funds for those who need them, just to mention but a few.
If a Banker or an oil Magnet owns a jet who will talk? but when a pastor own one everyone will want to die.
What is our problem?

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by sarmy(m): 11:37am On May 12, 2009
Yes he is a living Legend, why can't he be a legend after [b]extoting [/b]poor people and used their money to buy private jet, build university and enroll them and still collect school fees from them,he will still  build another one with their money,

I wonder why they did not put him since his collegue Adeboye is there.

@banon, no extortion of money in Winners, no threat of hell fire if you give not. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2009
sarmy:

@banon, no extortion of money in Winners, no threat of hell fire if you give not. Thanks

Are you saying that his own way of con is different from that of Con Adeboye
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by tudor(m): 12:13pm On May 12, 2009
Living legends dont buy jets with poor peoples money,his covenant university why is it not free? Or at least affordable by the average poor nigerian. Legend my boot!
Legends are those who give their lives in service of humanity just take a look at mother theresa or mahatma ghandi (though not an xtian,oyedepo even with the backing of the seven heavens will not be as respected as him for generations to come)
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by ThisLife1: 12:37pm On May 12, 2009
tudor:

Living legends dont buy jets with poor peoples money,his covenant university why is it not free? Or at least affordable by the average poor nigerian. Legend my boot!
Legends are those who give their lives in service of humanity just take a look at mother theresa or mahatma ghandi (though not an xtian,oyedepo even with the backing of the seven heavens will not be as respected as him for generations to come)
Why in this world would a man of God crave for Titles on earth,,in christianity in Nigeria,if we are looking for living legend it should be Pastor W.F. Kumuyi.But christians are not actually meant to be craving for titles like this,,this is not what christian is all about.Why does the church needs the commendation or the recognition of the secular society except that there is something wrong somewhere.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Onole: 12:45pm On May 12, 2009
who is this? I need the Opinion of broad minded people please, we are not comparing Men of God here ok? the men of God you talk about are all friends and they all appreciate themselves as labourers for God, while shallow minded people goes about saying all sort about what one Pastor is doing and the other is not, Can we be broad minded,
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by ThisLife1: 1:08pm On May 12, 2009
Onole:

who is this? I need the Opinion of broad minded people please, we are not comparing Men of God here ok? the men of God you talk about are all friends and they all appreciate themselves as labourers for God, while shallow minded people goes about saying all sort about what one Pastor is doing and the other is not, Can we be broad minded,
If you are not a shallow minded person why do you want to go crazy because your pastor is not made a living legend.The choice of ur words does not seem like a christian but a Title craving servant wanting his master to be recognised with Titles.You are just one those making God out of MEN.The thread itself is a function of shallowness and get it off here quickly.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by otokx(m): 1:13pm On May 12, 2009
living legend my ass, how many Nigerians has his business organization employed?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by sarmy(m): 3:05pm On May 12, 2009
banom:

Are you saying that his own way of con is different from that of Con Adeboye

Diff pastors diff methods, but as far as I know, there is no extortion in his method, if you like you give and if you don't like you don't give no extortion.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 3:27pm On May 12, 2009
sarmy:

Diff pastors diff methods, but as far as I know, there is no extortion in his method, if you like you give and if you don't like you don't give no extortion.

But there is COLLECTION.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by amebono13: 3:30pm On May 12, 2009
banom:

But there is COLLECTION.

which is normal in a lot of churches be it in nigeria or overseas, your point holds nothing  undecided
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2009
amebo no1.:

which is normal in a lot of churches be it in nigeria or overseas, your point holds nothing :-\

If you decieve,manipulate and extort people and they bring out the little they have to give you, what do you then do ?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by amebono13: 3:39pm On May 12, 2009
banom:

If you decieve,manipulate and extort people and they bring out the little they have to give you, what do you then do ?

Peoples hands were not forcefully thrown into the offering box was it? undecided

the last time i checked people were not dragged to the altar for collection ,neither did they give a law that everyone must give out something during collection, ur point holds nothing still undecided
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 3:45pm On May 12, 2009
amebo no1.:

Peoples hands were not forcefully thrown into the offering box was it? undecided

the last time i checked people were not dragged to the altar for collection ,neither did they give a law that everyone must give out something during collection, ur point holds nothing still undecided

Answer my simple question and stop ur usual nairaland christian gambling.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by amebono13: 3:51pm On May 12, 2009
banom:

Answer my simple question and stop ur usual nairaland christian gambling.

cats got your tongue? undecided

did you also notice how you avoided the collection part and jumped into extortion undecided

now to answer your question

banom:

accept it , if they are happy to give it out
as long as i am not deceiving them,or forcing them to give it out

now answer my question

Did this people tell you that they are being deceived, manipulated or extorted from? yes or no?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2009
amebo no1.:

cats got your tongue? undecided

did you also notice how you avoided the collection part and jumped into extortion undecided

now to answer your question

accept it , if they are happy to give it out
as long as i am not deceiving them,or forcing them to give it out

now answer my question

Did this people tell you that they are being deceived, manipulated or extorted from? yes or no?

If they say so, then it is no longer deception, deception is all about distracting people with something alse while you are upto another totaly different thing.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by amebono13: 4:15pm On May 12, 2009
banom:

If they say so, then it is no longer deception, deception is all about distracting people with something alse why you are upto another totaly different thing.

Did they tell you, yes or no?

ok its obvious the answer is no? so you dont have a proof ehn? all these youve posted here are all baseless acussations aint there?no proof, and no valid point.this brings us to square one

your point holds nothing undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2009
amebo no1.:

Did they tell you, yes or no?

ok its obvious the answer is no? so you dont have a proof ehn? all these youve posted here are all baseless acussations aint there?no proof, and no valid point.this brings us to square one

your point holds nothing undecided

No point wasting time with a deluded mind.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by amebono13: 4:23pm On May 12, 2009
banom:

No point wasting time with a deluded mind.

running as usual? grin grin grin grin grin

no point wasting time with you too sweetie, cos ur lies aint with proof wink

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 12, 2009
Paul, who wrote a lot of the new testament, would be called what then? A superhuman phenomenon?

The last shall be first and the first last.

Christianity has long lost its virtue.
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by tpiah: 4:40pm On May 12, 2009
where is this Landmark University going to be located?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by solosimple(m): 4:58pm On May 12, 2009
Some people are best appreciated and celebrated as business men and entrepreneur.
But when it come to the issue of THE FAITH, scriptures must be obeyed.
Only those who live by the precept of the word are worth appreciating among believers.
PAUL SAID: NOTHING GIVES ME JOY THAN TO SEE THAT MY CHILDREN (BELIEVERS) WALK IN THE TRUTH.
HE ALSO GAVE THANKS TO GOD OVER THE LIVES OF XTIANS WHO ARE WALKING IN THE TRUTH AND MAINTAIN THEIR STRAIGHT WALK WITHOUT ANY COMPROMISE.
I'M SURE THAT THIS IS THE VIEW OF OUR LORD.
IF ANY BELIEVER IS WALKING IN THE TRUTH, WE SHOULD APPRECIATE HIS CONTRIBUTION AND THANK GOD ON HIS BEHALF.

BUT IN OUR DAYS, PEOPLE NO LONGER CONSIDER THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD IN MEASURING A MAN'S ACHIEVEMENTS.
THEY WOULD RATHER BOW TO WEALTH THAN TO HONOR GOD'S WORD. IT'S A PITY.
ANYWAY, BY THE TIME WE ALL APPEAR BEFORE THE LORD, WE'LL KNOW THE TRUE LEGENDS.
HOWEVER, THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT WE CAN EXAMINE OURSELVES. WATCH THE FRUITS A MAN BEARS, THEN YOU TELL IF WE SHOULD APPRECIATE HIM OR NOT.

MORE SO, ANY SINCERE MAN OF GOD WOULD NOT SEEK FOR EARTHLY GLORY, SUCH AS BEING CALLED A LEGEND BY MERE MEN, MAJORITY OF THOSE WHO ARE NOT EVEN BELIEVERS. ALL GLORY AND HONOUR IN OUR LIVES MUST GO TO THE LORD.

@POSTER
DID THE MAN COMPLAIN TO YOU?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by solosimple(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2009
Some people are best appreciated and celebrated as business men and entrepreneur.
But when it come to the issue of THE FAITH, scriptures must be obeyed.
Only those who live by the precept of the word are worth appreciating among believers.
PAUL SAID: NOTHING GIVES ME JOY THAN TO SEE THAT MY CHILDREN (BELIEVERS) WALK IN THE TRUTH.
HE ALSO GAVE THANKS TO GOD OVER THE LIVES OF XTIANS WHO ARE WALKING IN THE TRUTH AND MAINTAIN THEIR STRAIGHT WALK WITHOUT ANY COMPROMISE.
I'M SURE THAT THIS IS THE VIEW OF OUR LORD.
IF ANY BELIEVER IS WALKING IN THE TRUTH, WE SHOULD APPRECIATE HIS CONTRIBUTION AND THANK GOD ON HIS BEHALF.

BUT IN OUR DAYS, PEOPLE NO LONGER CONSIDER THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD IN MEASURING A MAN'S ACHIEVEMENTS.
THEY WOULD RATHER BOW TO WEALTH THAN TO HONOR GOD'S WORD. IT'S A PITY.
ANYWAY, BY THE TIME WE ALL APPEAR BEFORE THE LORD, WE'LL KNOW THE TRUE LEGENDS.
HOWEVER, THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT WE CAN'T EXAMINE OURSELVES. WATCH THE FRUITS A MAN BEARS, THEN YOU CAN TELL IF WE SHOULD APPRECIATE HIM OR NOT.

MORE SO, ANY SINCERE MAN OF GOD WOULD NOT SEEK AFTER EARTHLY GLORY, SUCH AS BEING CALLED A LEGEND BY MERE MEN, MAJORITY OF THOSE WHO ARE NOT EVEN BELIEVERS. ALL GLORY AND HONOUR IN OUR LIVES MUST GO TO THE LORD.

@POSTER
DID THE MAN COMPLAIN TO YOU?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by richjohn1(m): 7:51am On May 13, 2009
living legend my foot!
@banom
I have been to winners many times even covenant university when my GF was there they dont threaten if you dont give and there's no compulsion what so ever(most of the time I dont give a dime), who you should blame is the givers not the man using his head to make good cash cheesy am sure if na you, you go do times 7, isnt it? grin
surely his method is different from daddy G.O
really his prosperity messages are irritating to my ears!
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 8:00am On May 13, 2009
rich_john:

living legend my foot!
@banom
I have been to winners many times even covenant university when my GF was there they dont threaten if you dont give and there's no compulsion what so ever(most of the time I dont give a dime), who you should blame is the givers not the man using his head to make good cash cheesy am sure if na you, you go do times 7, isnt it? grin
surely his method is different from daddy G.O
really his prosperity messages are irritating to my ears!

Pardon ?

1 Like

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by richjohn1(m): 8:34am On May 13, 2009
@banom
even if you wont do that(which I doubt) leave the guy now afterall your money no dey involved, as for me he's making his cash and that's all that matters hate him or love him

but as for living legend na BIG LIE
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by AKO1(m): 3:45pm On May 13, 2009
tpiah:

where is this Landmark University going to be located?

Hopefully not Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

These Pastors have made that road a living hell. undecided
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by uchkochi(m): 5:01pm On May 13, 2009
Anyone that thinks bishop oyedepo and pastor Adeboye are extorting people should have a rethink because its not true.These men are blessed, Bishop david has no salary since 1986 september,God meets His needs because He is meeting the spiritual needs of the people.

pls there are some people you dont talk anyhow about you are still young, dont you want to live long?

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by banom(m): 9:16pm On May 13, 2009
uchkochi:

Anyone that thinks bishop oyedepo and pastor Adeboye are extorting people should have a rethink because its not true.These men are blessed, Bishop david has no salary since 1986 september,God meets His needs because He is meeting the spiritual needs of the people.

pls there are some people you dont talk anyhow about you are still young, dont you want to live long?

so our lives are in your pastors hand. ?
Re: Who Says Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not A Living Legend? by chinesedoll(f): 10:33pm On May 13, 2009
uchkochi:

god d level at which some people have been brainwashed is unimaginable
Nonsense

I sure say u be worker 4 d church
otondo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christians Protecting Muslims During Their Prayers In Egypt / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.