Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,166 members, 7,780,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers (26091 Views)

FG Secretly Sacks 30,000 Workers - Nigerian Pilot / Shell To Sack 10,000 Workers - Capital Post / Re: Recession- Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 05, 2015
S
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Gboliwe: 7:37am On Nov 05, 2015
Lord have mercy! shocked shocked shocked shocked

65 whole thousand more pushed into the already saturated market?

Father take control!

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Kayendy(m): 7:37am On Nov 05, 2015
Eeyah!!!!!! Dat's d power of change

4 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by ignis: 7:39am On Nov 05, 2015
na wa oooo
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Owliver(m): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2015
tolustx:
Wait o...

Why is it that these days, what we hear is massive retrenchment, retirement or sack and nothing like massive recruitment of staff. Is this what change is bringing for Nigeria or what? I just don't understand. I need some clarification.

Anyone
when i dey talk for nysc thread people wan kill me. i thought you supported apc then grin now story don change abi? lmao where mayor hope hin dey see all the changes sha

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by deramarks(f): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2015
F
tolustx:
Wait o...

Why is it that these days, what we hear is massive retrenchment, retirement or sack and nothing like massive recruitment of staff. Is this what change is bringing for Nigeria or what? I just don't understand. I need some clarification.

Anyone
yes dear dats d manifestation of change like change in d normal system of our suffering to a harsher system itz still change na

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by oaurep: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2015
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by emmasege: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2015
parrygee:
True federalism is the answer
If only the broom-carrying illiterate would swallow his pride and implement the last CONFAB report.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2015
Trut:
The Fate of 65,000 Construction Workers that lose jobs in 4 months.

#BeTheJudge.

You worked in the construction company in the past five years that GEJ was president, you had no issues with your job. Instead, you received promotions and increased salary packages. You were happy.

However, in those five years, you committed a lot of energy calling President GEJ "clueless". You and your friends resolved to vote him out on the election day. When the D-Day finally came, you all voted out GEJ, not minding who was going to replace him since, according to you, a "#NEPAbillCertificate" would be far more efficient than GEJ. In fact you even preferred a goat to GEJ.

Finally, you got your wish and GEJ is out and a "body language Administration" is now in place. Four months later, your construction company fires you due to the Stone Age economic policies of the body language regime.

Now that you're jobless, you are looking for GEJ to blame but he is gone.

Moral Lesson: most misfortunes are self inflicted.

#FoodForThought.
Who accumulated the debt owed the contractors?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by mbaboy(m): 7:41am On Nov 05, 2015
I don't expect much from buhari because history can tell he was a robber stamp in 1983-1985. His deputy then idiagbon did all the work. He only scammed gullible Nigerians that voted for him.Governance is different from propaganda APC take note

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Pidggin(f): 7:42am On Nov 05, 2015
For all the people that voted for the ruling party, I hope you all are seeing the result of your misguided decisions.

10 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by wristbangle: 7:44am On Nov 05, 2015
hedonistic:
Every sector is comatose under Buhari, but in Abuja especially, the construction sector is completely dead. No new projects or ongoing construction - both public projects and private projects.

All the many many housing estates shopping plazas, hotels, etc that seemed to be always under construction round the city have all been halted. Even the government is not constructing new roads or rehabilitating existing ones. Nothing is going on.

Let the old Daura nitwit continue shouting 'kwarapshan' all over the place while things continue to fall apart.

As the widespread misery continues to gain ground, you guys should get ready for gloom and doom. A deep recession looms. Many will eat from dustbins next year, and Nigeria might deteriorate into a Zimbabwe or Somalia unless this dullard is somehow kicked out. 2019 is just too far.

The news speak about the debt owed from 2014 which was under GEJ administration. Do u think its easy to govern a wrecked system?
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Codedb2: 7:44am On Nov 05, 2015
Trut:

#BeTheJudge.

You worked in the construction company in the past five years that GEJ was president, you had no issues with your job. Instead, you received promotions and increased salary packages. You were happy.

However, in those five years, you committed a lot of energy calling President GEJ "clueless". You and your friends resolved to vote him out on the election day. When the D-Day finally came, you all voted out GEJ, not minding who was going to replace him since, according to you, a "#NEPAbillCertificate" would be far more efficient than GEJ. In fact you even preferred a goat to GEJ.

Finally, you got your wish and GEJ is out and a "body language Administration" is now in place. Four months later, your construction company fires you due to the Stone Age economic policies of the body language regime.

#FoodForThought.

grin
Very soon they will stone the old presidiot

5 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Liadi2(m): 7:44am On Nov 05, 2015
Some of can only ready we don't even try to understand what d statement was passing, they said since 2014,and some of us are pointing accusing fingers to d president, the marketer also complain of non payment since 2014 but yet u people keep on accusing the current president, let try and digest on whatever we read b4 Making any comments. grin

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Egabs(m): 7:45am On Nov 05, 2015
Hmmmmmm laughing as av always been doing fr the past 4 month nw,and today I see another title fr the daura body man. Dolapo vry interesting changing as come ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by olaola001: 7:46am On Nov 05, 2015
what? 65000 chei

In other news 200pairs of unisex TOMS shoes available for sale #BackByPopularDemand
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes/1
Also,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by CharleyCharley: 7:46am On Nov 05, 2015
IyaIode:

Who accumulated the debt owed the contractors?

keep blaming the past administration(s). robot

5 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by wristbangle: 7:46am On Nov 05, 2015
Pidggin:
For all the people that voted for the ruling party, I hope you all are seeing the result of your misguided decisions.

Do u think GEJ would have been a better option if he continues to rule?
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by wristbangle: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Liadi2:
Some of can only ready we don't even try to understand what d statement was passing, they said since 2014,and some of us are pointing accusing fingers to d president, the marketer also complain of non payment since 2014 but yet u people keep on accusing the current president, let try and digest on whatever we read b4 Making any comments. grin

Bros, I tire oo! Dem no see say na debt owed since 2014. Maybe they are blind to read this. Honestly to bare another person woes is not easy.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by nnachukz(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2015
The case of my friend has made me not to pity most people sacked these days. He got shortlisted for immigration recruitment interview, he kept screaming clueless jonathan. He went for the written interview and was successful instead of being grateful, he was busy complaining GEJ is clueless, we will sack him with our votes. Then GEJ lost the election, you needed to have seen how happy and jubilant he was. Thereafter he went through the remaining recruitment process and got recruited, he was very happy he has gotten a federal job in less than a year after completing NYSC he forgot who made that chance possible for him. Then Buhari came to power and sacked/releived all of them. Today he is no longer shouting sai buhari instead he keeps complaining about everything. So na who lose pass now? Jonathan or my friend?

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by 14(m): 7:54am On Nov 05, 2015
tolustx:
Wait o...

Anyone

Oil price dropped by 60%, so will be the government revanue. if the government used to get $100 from oil, now the government can only get $40. See the drop, hence all this economic meltdown.

In a simple language, NIGERIA IS BROKE

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by 400billionman: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2015
CHANGE..

From better to worse.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by uridadole: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2015
M
Trut:

#BeTheJudge.

#FoodForThought.
You are not correct.
According to the president of the association:
GEJ govt gave frivolous contracts.
Political contracts,
Payment for these contracts were accumulated by GEJ govt. Come to think of it, how come alizson have dollars in billions and contracors are owed billions of naira.
GEJ had precipitated these problems with so mush money at his disposal.
May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by francizy(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2015
angry

I prefer 1 corrupt GEJ with world class economic team to 1 million "incorruptible" Buhari with corrupt ridden teams... angry

9 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by egbaguy: 7:59am On Nov 05, 2015
Buhari needs to start work.....I knw work is going on underground but we need to see definite actions. These silence isn't what we voted for. The worst of buhari is going to b better than the best of jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Tushkid74(m): 7:59am On Nov 05, 2015
This is serious.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by johnsontade: 7:59am On Nov 05, 2015
Now i understand why so many so called Nigerian graduates are unemployable because i dont know why some people can't read and understand simple English. Govt have been owing construction coys since August 2014 yet you keep blaming Buhar on what your beloved man refused to do.

How can payments be processed without a Minister of works in office to verify & sort out the required documentation(s) needed?

Have a simple advise for Taniods "Go back to school"

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by PAINGAIN: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2015
The one that worries me most is that this administration doesn't even seem to have any plan going forward. The only thing we hear about is corruption. Have they not planned for anything else? This is really scary. This change sef, na wao. Imagine, 65.000 workers retrenched.

7 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2015
tolustx:
Wait o...

Anyone
no the question should be what is happening to funds in TSA? that there is now delay in salary payment, lesser resources to take care of operational concerns....the reality on ground is that the economy is now officially in a LOCKJAM.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by uridadole: 8:02am On Nov 05, 2015
Codedb2:

grin
Very soon they will stone the old presidiot

Those that Know the extent to which pdp wrecked the country are more in number than those who are ignorant. A lot is changing to bring sustainable growth.
And govt of GMB is much better; they know. And he will not be stoned bt any one. Economy will pick sustainably after now.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by ruffDiamond: 8:06am On Nov 05, 2015
tolustx:
Wait o...

Anyone
ask the jonathif Pig D Piss led government of mismanagement and stealing is not corruption .after the election and it alleged that the treasury was and is still virtually EmPty many think say na joke Them done looted all the trillions and stashed it in case them lose which actually happened anyway many of those ex governor, ministers,WILL ACTUALLY END UP IN JAIL FOR REAL MARK MY WORD!!there will be HELLLL TO PAY cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / Developing An Action Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.