Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,642 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers (26125 Views)

FG Secretly Sacks 30,000 Workers - Nigerian Pilot / Shell To Sack 10,000 Workers - Capital Post / Re: Recession- Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by sharply5: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2015
tolustx:
Wait o...

Why is it that these days, what we hear is massive retrenchment, retirement or sack and nothing like massive recruitment of staff. Is this what change is bringing for Nigeria or what? I just don't understand. I need some clarification.

Anyone

Yes what were you expecting, when your ''hero of democracy'' was sharing dollars nationwide all in an attempt to remain in power and his gang looted the country dry...you didn't know it had consequences? OK

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by sharply5: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
mbaboy:
I don't expect much from buhari because history can tell he was a robber stamp in 1983-1985. His deputy then idiagbon did all the work. He only scammed gullible Nigerians that voted for him.Governance is different from propaganda APC take note

shut up if you don't have anything to say...Yes what were you expecting, when your ''hero of democracy'' was sharing dollars nationwide all in an attempt to remain in power and his gang looted the country dry...you didn't know it had consequences? OK
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by unclejb2(m): 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Where are the three million jobs and the 740 thousand "immediate" jobs the change crew promised?

Instead of more jobs, what we're now seeing is massive layoff. Indeed, this is "change". change from good to worse.
U simply are among the majority of Nigerians that were scammed by APC and Buhari. U have to wait for another 4 years to redeem urself. We will blame the woes of Nigeria for the next 4 years on dudes like U who failed to see beyond their nose and also use their brains.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
989900:

If GEJ/PMB were 'in power' for 72 months as president, and 24 months as VP, of course I'd crucify anyone of them -- write an article -- yes!

OTOH, if GEJ/PMB were 'in power' for just 5 months trying to clear the past rot, I'd have my daggers drawn, but patient, and sensibly criticize -- monitoring events as they unfold -- write an article -- no!

P.S. Check my past topics and posts for reference.
why won't you defend him, may God forgive hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by rozayx5(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
unclejb2:
U simply are among the majority of Nigerians that were scammed by APC and Buhari. U have to wait for another 4 years to redeem urself. We will blame the woes of Nigeria for the next 4 years on dudes like U who failed to see beyond their nose and also use their brains.

severussnape.is.not among them cool

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by 989900: 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
[s]why won't you defend him, may God forgive hypocrites[/s]
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by SeverusSnape(m): 6:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
rozayx5:

severussnape.is.not among them cool
My brother help me tell am o grin
I'm too smart to fall for APC lies and propaganda.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by SeverusSnape(m): 6:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
unclejb2:
Bros, Do you know me here on Nairaland?

Please go through my posts and see for yourself, I've been a staunch anti buharist from day one!

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by rozayx5(m): 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Bros, Do you know me here on Nairaland?

Please go through my posts and see for yourself, I've been a staunch anti buharist from day one!

gej my hero
snape my political mentor cool

1 Like

Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by SeverusSnape(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
rozayx5:

gej my hero snape my political mentor cool
Hahahaha... Funny you. Thank you Boss!
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by Amanwulu1(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
BALLOSKI:
i'm waiting for those scumbags to come and blame everything on BUHARI.
see how u reason. U highlighted 2014, who is ur president? Why did u vote him? Is he living up to xptatn? I'm sorry 4 u if u can't hold d man u voted in acctable.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by tolustx(m): 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
Owliver:
when i dey talk for nysc thread people wan kill me. i thought you supported apc then grin now story don change abi? lmao where mayor hope hin dey see all the changes sha
My broda. Long time. I neva supported APC o. I will neva support a party that gets to position with propaganda and false accusations. Uneasy lies the head that bears the crown. They didn't know that when they wey fighting for the ruling party position. Now they are facing it and experiencing what it feels like. I wonder if they will come and blame jonathan for the recent drop in oil price in d world market and the drop in d value of naira.

Btw, Buhari shud help us make sure petrol pump price is reduced in nigeria too since that was what his followers were shouting that time of gej.
We have also not forgotten that N1=$1.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by CharleyCharley: 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
IyaIode:

Your mother is mad.

your whole extended family is mad
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by ursolution: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
Employers are always thinking about how to reduce overhead cost and one of the places they look at is HR. Once a company's revenue is falling, the next thing executives think about is downsizing. Although it's not a good news for workers, but it's a step in the right direction for companies. That is why an employee must not just think all is well all the time. Employees must always have an exit plan in case of any eventuality.
Re: Recession: Construction Firms Sack 65,000 Workers by NothingDoMe: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2016
APC is PDP reinvented. They are all the same. Truth is the leadership of any country can either represent what is good in the society or what is bad.

The Nigerian government represents what is wrong in this country. A change in government means nothing until we change ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.