Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts (30254 Views)

Aeesha Maina Adopts Baby Dumped By Roadside In Sokoto. PIC / 22 Illegal Accounts Operated By NDDC / EFCC Declares Abdulrasheed Maina Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by bynat(f): 9:04am On Nov 05, 2015
Acct officer, there is no figure indicating ur own share. Sey na charity work u do for Maina ni undecided?

1 Like

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Sanguine77(m): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2015
This is not a matter of PDP or APC, tribe or people matter, corruption is affecting us all whether we like it or not, let us rise in unison to condemn all such vices.

Its not or never!
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Enesi47: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Chanchit:
This man is just desperately wicked, not only a thief, see as he dey share poor people money for different account. He should be hanged by the balls.
boos we have thousand of in last tenure, when ministry have over 5000 account why wouldn't they divert found to any where they like
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by sunny2k: 9:09am On Nov 05, 2015
To b candid i did not vote for pmb bt now am beginning to have a rethink. we would have been doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2015
These EFCC people are not serious. Your star witness is going to testify about what she heard . Any good lawyer will discredit her testimony. Tomorrow some idiot will blame the judge for not convicting based on some stupid legal work by the EFCC and her lawyers

1 Like

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by LydayBobo(m): 9:13am On Nov 05, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Politicians get mind sha
Walahi. They get liver
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 05, 2015
Hmmm.yawa don gas
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by AreaFada2: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2015
DONSMITH123:

i laugh in igala...and you think the law will work here?

common bro, no saints politicians in naija.

The incorruptible ones are not yet born.

Let them dey yan there. As if it's not happening now.

The same APC top dogs were the corrupt PDP members of yesterday.

Until we the people take charge via a total revolution, na this nonsense talk go continue.
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Oketwin(m): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2015
all of U commenting I do wonder if u read dis post till d end if d man stole are der no procedures did d EFCC invite him for questioning or ws der an arrest warrant, and he did not show up
I think EFCC are jst bin desperate n overzealous

2 Likes

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 05, 2015
GudluckIBB:
This female banker might also be implicated and charged with conspiracy
I'm not a lawyer but I can see some faults in what she has said

Firstly, why would you run the man's account using your personal e mail?

Secondly, the last transaction, she helped aranged for a Bdc operator to convert money for maina, there's no way she won't make close to 5M in that transaction.She knows Maina was already in the black book and as at when she did the last transaction, there was already another government in place.

I worked in fidelity bank before, I know this lady won't go free. She will be on suspension by now.

Above all, She will be regretting ever taking a job with a bank.

She will be charged with conspiracy, theft, accomplice and fraud.
Based on her testimony alone the marina guy will walk. She never met the guy face to face. The guy did not open any account with her. She was told the account belong to X Y Z and she went ahead to carry out transactions based on instruction from phone conversion. Twice she went to a house to collect check , the checks were not sign in her present. EFCC is being very stupid

2 Likes

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2015
OnankpaBa:
GEJ, PDP, DIEZANI and GEJ Ministers killed Naija.
Their regime also brought about boko haram and kidnapping
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by deramarks(f): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2015
I did not read d thread finish but dat woman is really silly no mata what u re supposed to keep ur customers relationship a secrete abi how dem take talk am again sef
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Burger01(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2015
OnankpaBa:
PERIOD. EOD angry
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by OnankpaBa(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2015
TOPCRUISE:
Their regime also brought about boko haram and kidnapping

uncle DONSMITH123

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Onegai(f): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2015
When will the masses get angry, rise up and have a revolution? Then publicly execute the politicians.

France did it successfully. By the time you have executed even half of the heads of service and different parastatals, the whole federal and state government will be scrambling to work hard. You will see your LG chairman personally sweeping road. under hot sun and senators will pass bills and paratstatals will work and healthcare will be fixed.

Chai
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by kengy: 9:41am On Nov 05, 2015
GOOD
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by gretblue: 9:45am On Nov 05, 2015
This is one of the footprints left by Gej as early said by his Ijaw country man yesterday,Bruce.
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by kaybills(m): 9:50am On Nov 05, 2015
OnankpaBa:
. APC aint saints either. Garbage in Garbage out
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 05, 2015
SmithEnemona:

will it work in naija? They'll term PMB dictator

Sometimes we need extreme measures to put things in place.

See lagos state for instance, now that Ambode has relaxed the authority given to lastma, thos public transport drivers are now very lawless.

In as much as i am a huge supporter of the CHANGE party. Tahhhhhh, Ambode is a mistake so far.
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2015
But they never accept the truth.

OnankpaBa:

they know the truth themselves and continue to live in denial.
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Mufasa27(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2015
OnankpaBa:
........And Gej Grandfather
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by OnankpaBa(m): 10:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Mufasa27:

........And Gej Grandfather

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Spidermon: 10:14am On Nov 05, 2015
wachakuta:
We need a Crack team to solve dis looting devil in dis con3

Plus death sentence

Like the B613 unit in Scandal. Highly trained assassins that will snuff these criminals in power before they snuff the life outta this country.
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by walozanga(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2015
SmithEnemona:

checked. so what's the conclusion? grin grin

I don't know oooh. Tell me naa
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 05, 2015
Babe u fyn ooo
oluwaSmith1:
Politicians get mind sha
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by oluwaSmith1(f): 10:29am On Nov 05, 2015
Oma307:
Babe u fyn ooo

aww...thanks..
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by kalohkaloh: 10:34am On Nov 05, 2015
Lawyers who defend accused in glaring cases of fraud have no conscience. I wonder how Maina's lawyer will feel if her parent's pension money is stolen and they languish in blazing sun just to do biometrics and at the end of the day, get no payment! I weep for this nation as our legal system has been invaded by wicked lawyers and judges who will do anything for money! Shameful indeed!

1 Like

Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by bigtt76(f): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2015
Tales of gajipeace@gmail.com and freshicekiddy@yahoo.com grin
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by jonuel1(m): 11:38am On Nov 05, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Give us evidence, ex-pension chief’s lawyer tells EFCC

A banker has told detectives how she ran five accounts used to perpetrate a N2bilion pension fraud in the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.

Former Pension Reform Task Team chief Abdulrasheed Maina is wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for the alleged pension fraud.

The EFCC is probing Maina’s alleged complicity in the operation of the accounts, following the confessions of Fidelity Bank Account Officer Toyin Meseke.

Besides, Meseke is said to have told the EFCC that Maina had been operating a safe deposit box with the bank.

EFCC’s investigators found that withdrawals from the five accounts were usually channelled through some bureaux de change to an account in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).

The bureaux de change are JIEK BDC, West Waves and Alnasara.

A document obtained by our correspondent identified the accounts as Cluster Logistics, Nafisatu Aliyu, Abdullahi Faizal, Kangolo and Drew Investment.

Meseke spilled the beans on how the accounts were managed by a suspected pension fraud syndicate.

Meseke said: “I managed Nafisatu Aliyu, Cluster Logistics and Abdullahi Faizal for Abdulrasheed Maina as soon as his brother, Khalid Aliyu, left the bank three years ago.

“Though all the three accounts do not carry Abdulrasheed Maina’s name but I carried out instruction on the accounts for him as explained to me by his brother that Abdulrasheed Maina owns all funds in the accounts before he resigned from the bank.

“He is not a signatory to the three accounts mentioned. He usually called me on my phone number -08057465698 – to carry out instruction on all the three accounts.

“And he also sent e-mail instructions through his email gajipeace@gmail.com to my personal email freshicekiddy@yahoo.com to carry out instructions. Thereafter, he would send someone to the bank to give me a form of regularisation on the transactions done on all the three accounts.

“Sometimes when it is getting too late to regularize, I would call to remind him and asked me to come to his house in Kado to receive the regularised cheques.

“Most time, precisely on two occasions, I received the already signed regularised cheques in an enveloped sealed at the gate of his house.

“On 3/10/14, Abdulrasheed sent an instruction to debit Cluster Logistics with the sum of N15, 870, 690 and credit to a Bureau De Change account (JIEK BDC). This amount was converted to US dollars for onward delivery to him. I don’t know, I cannot remember the USD equivalent.

“Also on May 2, 2014, Abdulrasheed Maina sent a mail carrying instruction that the sum of N33, 880,000 be debited from the same Cluster Logistics and transferred to a Bureau De Change (West Waves). This was converted by the BDC customer and delivered to him.

“He scanned and sent another instruction on May 6, 2014 to me to debit Cluster Logistics with N47, 500, 00 and credit to BDC Customer, West Waves BDC who converted and sent to him.

“On the transaction that took place on July 3, 2015 in Abdullahi Faizal, he (Abdulrasheed Maina) sent an e-mail that the account be liquidated and converted to US dollars (USD). So, I got a bureau de change customer to convert the sum of N108million for him.”

Regarding accounts opened in the names of Kangolo and Drew Investment, Meseke added: “I am not sure who the account officers are. Sometimes last year, I got to know that Abdulrasheed Maina owns these accounts. I have never initiated any transaction on these accounts.”

Meseke also confirmed that Maina was operating a safe deposit box with the bank.

She, however, said Maina has sole access to the box.

She added: “As for the safe deposit box, I got to know that Maina maintained a safe deposit box after I joined in 2011 when he came to access his box and that the box had been in existence before I joined the bank in 2008. The last time I saw him coming to access his box was in 2013 but I cannot remember the exact month.”

Yesterday Maina’s lawyer Mrs Esther Uzoma, said: “We are waiting for the amended charges which the EFCC said contained the allegations.

“The EFCC has been saying that Maina operated slush accounts but they have not shown us any evidence.”

In a statement on Tuesday in Abuja she said: “The EFCC should come clean on the matter of my client, Dr. Abdulrasheed Maina. When I appeared before His Lordship, Justice Kolawole on July 21, I made it clear that the EFCC was yet to file any charge as well as serve any summons on Dr. Maina.

“It is trite law that you cannot say an accused is on the run when there is no charge preferred against him or any invitation extended to him.

“During the hearing for the bail application, counsel to the EFCC, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), wanted the court to direct me to produce Maina in court at the next sitting but I argued that there are clear procedures, which the EFCC is familiar with and should follow.

“Naturally, the court agreed with my submission on the position of law. Therefore, it is misleading for the EFCC in its statement of Monday to mislead the public that there exists an order for Maina to be produced in court when there is no invitation extended to him let alone a charge preferred against him by the commission.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://thenationonlineng.net/banker-how-i-ran-n2bn-illegal-accounts-for-maina/

Junk journalism
And the said banker will be let off the hook
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by Iyoma2(f): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2015
Hmmmmmm my brother need 220,000 to operate his postrates in LUTH so far we hav bn able to raise less than a 100,000 and its from d little we hav that we are using to maintain him pending when d money will be complete for d surgery. Pls help us to save our brothers life. God bless as u do that.
Re: Banker: How I Ran Maina's N2bn Illegal Accounts by oz4real83(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2015
wachakuta:
We need a Crack team to solve dis looting devil in dis con3

Plus death sentence
we don't need a crack team. What we need is a strong and determined institution to fight looting. We keep on seeing proofs of looting in the media but nothing is being done! The lawyer said no charges have being filed against her client. Can somebody be prosecuted without charges? Efcc will arrest before they do investigation which is the main reason why most of these cases are struck out in the courts. The norm in civilised societies is that when u have concluded investigations,arrests are made based on the investigation but our case in Nigeria is otherwise! It seems Efcc is only acting drama. They know what they are doing! Motion without movement is the motto of Efcc!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biodun Olujimi Admits To Buying Votes In Leaked Text Message / Dino Melaye Inside A Classroom In Harvard University / How Dapchi Girls Died, Buried — TribuneOnline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.