Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

SS2 Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SS2 Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him (493 Views)

14-year-old SS2 Student Commits Suicide, Because He Failed And Had To Repeat / SS2 Student Leader Of Calabar Robbery Gang Arrested / Gaskiya College Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SS2 Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him by OnankpaBa(m): 11:00am On Nov 05, 2015
A Senior Secondary School student of Gaskiya College, Ijora Lagos, Saka Ahmed also known as Ejo, on Wednesday allegedly stabbed his senior, Saheed Jimoh, to death for punishing him.

Trouble started on Tuesday when 19-year-old Jimoh, who was a school prefect, punished Ejo for an offence he committed.

The punishment meted out on Ejo resulted to a fight between the duo outside the school premises after closing hours.

Ejo, who was alleged to have been lurking around a food canteen outside the school, on sighting Jimoh entering the school, ambushed him and stabbed him with a knife in the chest, and fled the scene. The victim was rushed to a private hospital where he gave up the ghost.

It was learnt that the incident was reported at the Amukoko Police Division.

Speaking on the matter, a family member of the deceased, Mr Shakiru Oluayo, a resident of Adejiyan Street, Amukoko area of the state said Jimoh was brought to Lagos in 2005 by his mother to continue his studies.

Oluayo revealed that the deceased had refused to go to school on Wednesday but rescinded his decision because he did not want to miss classes.

He said “ Jimoh was a school prefect. I do not know what happened between him and the Ejo that brought about the punishment. He was supposed to be in SS3 like Saheed but he had to repeat a class.

“I learnt that as my nephew was coming to school that morning, the boy was waiting for him at a food canteen near the school gate. He attacked him all of a sudden and stabbed him in the chest.

“For the past 10 years he had been living with me, he was easy-going and decent and all our neighbours can attest to that. In fact, he did not want to go to school on that fateful day but he later said he would go so as not to miss a practical class he was to have because he was a science student.”

An eyewitness identified as Kayode Aderibigbe, while reacting to the incident said when the deceased noticed that Ejo was waiting for him then it was too late for him to scamper for safety.

Aderibigbe said, “Ejo had been waiting for Jimoh. He brought out a knife from his bag. Saheed ran when he saw him with the knife but Ejo chased him and stabbed him. I followed the pupils who rushed him to the hospital but he was confirmed dead on arrival. The police can trace Ejo.”

Confirming the incident, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Joe Offor, said a manhunt had been launched for the suspect.

“According to the information we have, the pupil was stabbed at the school gate with a knife by a fellow student of the same school, who is at large.

“The victim was confirmed dead at the hospital. Investigation is ongoing,” Offor said.

cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/05/ss2-student-stabs-senior-to-death-for-punishing-him/

Re: SS2 Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him by DONSMITH123(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2015
oh my oh my...what? cry

1 Like

Re: SS2 Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him by cosmic22(m): 11:10am On Nov 05, 2015
damn!!" suspense
Re: SS2 Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him by Pidggin(f): 11:12am On Nov 05, 2015
This is one useless boy, he was sent to School to learn yet he decided to become a thug.

RIP Jimoh
Re: SS2 Student Stabs Senior To Death For Punishing Him by oluwaSmith1(f): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2015
RIP

(1) (Reply)

5 Dead As French High-speed Train Derails & Catches Fire Near Strasbourg. / More Photos From HID Awolowo's Burial Yesterday / (pic) A Letter Arm Robbers Sent To Its Next Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.