Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? (1140 Views)

2005 Toyota Highlander 7months Registered Will Fly For N1.8M Dont Miss This Ride / 2005 Toyota Avensis @ 1.350m (super Clean) NOTE :N1.250m CANNOT FLY THE CAR!! / BONANZA!!! VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT WAGON XXCLEAN TOKUNBO RIDE WILL FLY FOR N600K CASH! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 12, 2009
Hey Nairalanders, I am Planning to return to Nigeria after 25years in the U.S.  and want to bring my mini plane. Do you have any idea if I can fly this for sport and leisure in Nigeria. Here is a pic of it. Thanks
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by bolyjoe(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2009
lol
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Igwe9(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2009
F.M.G.:

Hey Nairalanders, I am Planning to return to Nigeria after 25years in the U.S.  and want to bring my mini plane. Do you have any idea if I can fly this for sport and leisure in Nigeria. Here is a pic of it. Thanks

Since 03:44:16 PM, the plane is yet to arrive NL, shocked  is this plane in anyway the same thing as kite? cheesy smiley
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by ikeyman00(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2009
ha
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by tpiah: 11:24pm On May 12, 2009
mini plane ko, macro plane ni.

On second thoughts, I can find a picture of one for you and post it here if you want.
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by tombola: 12:45pm On May 13, 2009
bad belle people - what if he truely has a plane?
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 13, 2009
tombola:

bad belle people - what if he truely has a plane?

A valid point you've raised here.

But if after 25 years in the United States, in which time he's managed to get his PPL, he still doesn't know how to google with a mouse / touchpad, then it beggers belief he managed to qualify to fly light aircraft!

Still, this is the age of miracles, anything can happen.
Tomorrow, the sun may rise in the West, and set in the East, who knows?
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by JJYOU: 3:37pm On May 13, 2009
Siena:

A valid point you've raised here.

But if after 25 years in the United States, in which time he's managed to get his PPL, he still doesn't know how to google with a mouse / touchpad, then it beggers belief he managed to qualify to fly light aircraft!

Still, this is the age of miracles, anything can happen.
Tomorrow, the sun may rise in the West, and set in the East, who knows?

bad belle, graduate of NL school of yabbis

tpiah:

mini plane ko, macro plane ni.

On second thoughts, I can find a picture of one for you and post it here if you want.
lady T, common bail out your broda na.
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by tpiah: 3:38pm On May 13, 2009
here is a picture of it and then no picture?

Like I said, if his credit expired at the internet cafe then I can help him out and find some pictures of a mini plane to post. wink

Besides, what kind of plane does he mean? His kids' toy plane? In that case, he can park it on the dining table and fly it in the backyard. cheesy
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 13, 2009
JJYOU:

bad belle, graduate of NL school of yabbis

Abeg, I no yab my broda naa!

I just talk true, abi you tink say na pure yabbis be dis, eh?
wink
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by nnemak(m): 3:31pm On May 14, 2009
Guess its this grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Nezan(m): 3:39pm On May 14, 2009
@ nne_mak: Una go kill person wit lafta on this forum!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 14, 2009
Looking at the picture, I can't see any restrictions flying this in Nigeria.
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by mccloud224(m): 1:20am On May 27, 2009
yes, you can bring your mini plane here, through DHL, lol
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Outstrip(f): 3:50am On May 27, 2009
I thought there were some cessna's that you could get for under $100,000.00. Why is it so unbelievable
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by mccloud224(m): 3:57am On May 27, 2009
It's not unbelievable.It's impractical in the harsh nigerian environment, Come on, what landing strip or hanger would he be using?This ain't the states where you could just land in a well cleared expanse of land.Even for cessnas or gliders, its totally impratical.Think about it, where would be taking off from and where would he be landing?At ikeja airport?At Navy cantonment?At naval base?Army barracks?Third mainland bridge?Where?
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by mccloud224(m): 4:03am On May 27, 2009
It's like someone saying "HEY I HAVE A LAMBORGINI MUCIELAGO, CAN I DRIVE IT ON LAGOS ROADS".That's totally absurd if you ask me.
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Outstrip(f): 4:08am On May 27, 2009
I don't know what the requirement of parking a plane would be but John Travolta parks his plane in his house and it is a jet. If you have a long enough drive way why can't you have a small plane like a cessna.
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by mccloud224(m): 4:17am On May 27, 2009
Very observant of you, now tell me, how many houses or offices are well structured enough to handle the weight of that (maybe one of those Aso rock villas, i dont know know).Mind you, the way we construct here is way different from there and John Travolta must have been prepared his house for that.The poster isnt.
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by mccloud224(m): 4:20am On May 27, 2009
I don't think Obasanjo (The unrecorded richest man in the world) has such a building not to talk of someone who didn't give any details about his "mini plane".
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Outstrip(f): 4:26am On May 27, 2009
I see. So even the roads have to be made to handle the weight of a plane. So basically owning the plane s not the issue is if he would be able to enjoy owning it in Nigeria.
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by mccloud224(m): 4:31am On May 27, 2009
Em, the roads have nothing to do with the weight of the plane.They have to do with LIFT OFF.The plane takes off from somewhere right?From where in 9ja?On our bad roads full of potholes?
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Nezan(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2009
@ Poster:

No allow comments for this thread discourage you. Me I still dey wait for the picture of the plane wey you promise to post. Abi dem no ready up till now? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by foye57(m): 1:40pm On May 27, 2009
wei d guy since naa! abi he de fly for sky grin grin grin
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by Nezan(m): 3:20pm On May 27, 2009
foye57:

wei d guy since naa! abi he de fly for sky grin grin grin

[color=#006600][/color]e tire me-o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can I Fly My Miniplane In Nigeria? by sultaan(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2009
Yes you can, the police and custom will have to leave their road block to check your papers(they won't want to miss the juicy danfo drivers) and you won't have to worry about one way flying and psychiatric test

(1) (Reply)

Recovered Vehicles By Police / What Should Be The Best Price For 2004 Honda Accord (full Option) / Toyota Key Replacement, Honda Key Replacement , Ford Key Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.