Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 (243383 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / NPFL: Enyimba Vs Warri Wolves (0 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
vickylala239:

Idioot age cheat!!!!Wat is the function of fifa.

Idiott Lik you looking for excuse.

Age cheat for 4 Gud tyms,then fifa was sleeping!!!

Mumuu Lik you we will continue to rule.

As far as u17 is concern Nigeria is naturally good.

Also...at U17 level....no one knows anybody.

If Nigeria's senior team was playing Spain senior team.....coach Oliseh knows how the top spanish players play because everyone knows guys like Iniesta, Costa, et al....and he would be able to adjust tactics.

U17? Who knows anyone there?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by hekkyboi: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
WASMOG:
this space is preserved to congratulate my guy sunday Alimi even thoug u play from bench am still proud of u

congratulations to FEDRAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
plrsse what's his age??abeg no lie o
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by hkidola00(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Gutiérrez was in charge when the 2013 set of Eaglets beat Mexico twice en-route to being crowned champions in the United Arab Emirates. And while the Golden Eaglets have been outstanding at the ongoing tournament in Chile, Gutiérrez suggests that there is much to meet the eye as he posited that the Eaglets aside their physical attributes take decisions that are not expected of true U-17 players. Gutiérrez also made same accusation against the Mali team that have also booked their place in the semi final. “It’s the same with the Nigeria team, so with Mali, that beyond their physical development, decisions made by many of their players are not of an U-17 player’’ the coach told mediotiempo.com. Despite his fears, Gutiérrez said he believes Mexico can beat Nigeria when both countries meet in the semi-finals on Thursday (12a.m. Friday, Nigeria time), but admitted that it will be difficult. “Sure we can beat them. I think Mexico can have a good result on Thursday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by mikron(m): 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Well done Golden Eaglets of Nigeria! We are proud of you guys and we believe you can bring home the coveted trophy once again . I want to congratulate the Mexicans for putting up a good fight. We have a lot to learn from this match. And to all of you out there that believed in our boys, I say thanks and God bless u all. The land is green

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by DrHighchief(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
Question begging for answer.
wallex1983:
Whao! It's an all African finals!

Great one.

But seriously, why do we always fail to translate U17 excellence to the senior theme? I'm baffled
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by KelvinKelt(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
A fellow African side is gonna be nth but a clash of the titans. I would ve prefered an english team. This Mali will play with all their blood
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Burgain(m): 1:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
bigwallace:
Watch the two overage teams slug it out dis sunday,I saw the malians players nd I was like wow this is pure day light robbery,dos guys are old mehn.
buh d nigerians aint....
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by jonathanOz: 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
I hope we win but i fear this malians seriously.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
wallex1983:
Whao! It's an all African finals!

Great one.

But seriously, why do we always fail to translate U17 excellence to the senior theme? I'm baffled

Because the structure of football in Nigeria does not favour continued development of footballers.....as footballers.(That is why many of our best players go abroad).

Also, because most of our players after u17 want to be earning big money. They do not want to move to a lesser club where they will get lesser money, but more playing time,and more development....they want to play for a BIG club....where they will be on the bench most of the time...and they won't work hard...but hey...they are earning big salaries. (And their families shamelessly push them toward that mentality).
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Vetsolo(m): 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
a ma fe do mali paa
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by 4nobody4every1: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by rejoice4eva(m): 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Africans really has sense of inferiority at times, may be because of colonisation. Looking at the faces of my boys in d u17 as a Nigerian, I'm sure those shouting 'age cheats' are bad loosers or envious of these lads.. By d way what happen to MRI scan? And if age can win football, why not calling the likes of Kanu, Okocha, Amunike etc from retirement so dat we can win the World Cup, at least it has no age limit? I am proud of these young Africans who are making us proud.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Hayorstimmy: 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Because the structure of football in Nigeria does not favour continued development of footballers.....as footballers.(That is why many of our best players go abroad).

Also, because most of our players after u17 want to be earning big money. They do not want to move to a lesser club where they will get lesser money, but more playing time,and more development....they want to play for a BIG club....where they will be on the bench most of the time...and they won't work hard...but hey...they are earning big salaries. (And their families shamelessly push them toward that mentality).
But why on earth do u guys put d whole blame on d players... And moreover, ain't u a nigerian? NFF is full of politics and corrupt minded pple who doesn't even care if nigeria football progresses. Come to think of it if money is not part of football, even players of high profiles that are not from nigeria runs after money. If I was to be in theirposition, I might even do worse. Amunike had injury wen we won d AFCON, no one cares if he exists anymore(na u and ur family problem, since dm pay u for ur service bah?) Not until wen he raised his voIce to all Nigerians.
Let us show we love them even when they not in their best form, increase their salary... and see if they won't come back to life.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hayorstimmy:
But why on earth do u guys put d whole blame on d players... And moreover, ain't u a nigerian? NFF is full of politics and corrupt minded pple who doesn't even care if nigeria football progresses. Come to think of it if money is not part of football, even players of high profiles that are not from nigeria runs after money. If I was to be in theirposition, I might even do worse. Amunike had injury wen we won d AFCON, no one cares if he exists anymore(na u and ur family problem, since dm pay u for ur service bah?) Not until wen he raised his voIce to all Nigerians.
Let us show we love them even when they not in their best form, increase their salary... and see if they won't come back to life.

Amunike is now the U17 coach....by the way.

I did not put all the blame on players....if you noticed...I also said the structures in Nigeria do not favour conitnued football development.

And I agree with you that the NFF needs improvement.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Segadem(m): 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
hkidola00:
Gutiérrez was in charge when the 2013 set of
Eaglets beat Mexico twice en-route to being
crowned champions in the United Arab
Emirates.
And while the Golden Eaglets have been
outstanding at the ongoing tournament in
Chile, Gutiérrez suggests that there is much
to meet the eye as he posited that the Eaglets
aside their physical attributes take decisions
that are not expected of true U-17 players
Gutiérrez also made same accusation against
the Mali team that have also booked their
place in the semi final.
“It’s the same with the Nigeria team, so with
Mali, that beyond their physical development,
decisions made by many of their players are
not of an U-17 player’’
the coach told
mediotiempo.com.
Despite his fears, Gutiérrez said he believes
Mexico can beat Nigeria when both countries
meet in the semi-finals on Thursday (12a.m.
Friday, Nigeria time), but admitted that it will
be difficult. “Sure we can beat them. I think
Mexico can have a good result on Thursday.
This coach is confused, What does age have to do with talent at this level. So coach I put it to u,that your striker that dribbled almost five defenders of Nigeria to score the equalising goal is he truly under 17? So that display of brilliancy is beyond what under 17 lad can do.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by ikorodureporta: 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by SUPOL(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
Interesting match

I saw Nig 3-1 Mali

And I saw penalties
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Austinio: 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
robosky02:

NIGERIA

The past
The only word to describe Nigeria's past in the FIFA U-17 World Cup is glorious. No other country has won the tournament as often as the Golden Eaglets (four times) and only Brazil can match their seven semi-final appearances. Remarkably, the team has made it through to the decider every time they advanced to the last four. The west Africans won the inaugural competition in China PR in 1985 and added titles in 1993, 2007 and last time out. They lost the 1987, 2001 and 2009 finals. The only time they qualified for the global event but failed to progress out of the group stage was in 2003, when they were denied a place in the last eight by the drawing of lots after finishing equal on points, goals and goal difference with Costa Rica.

The present
As overwhelming pre-tournament favourites the Golden Eaglets had an easy passage into the last four at the African championships, thereby booking their place in Chile 2015. Victories over hosts Niger (2-0) and Zambia (3-1) and a 1-1 draw against Guinea saw them top the group. However, in the semi-finals, the west Africans were stunned by an impressive South African team, who grabbed a first-half goal and then held on to their win. And though Nigeria lost the play-off for third place against Guinea 3-1, coach Emmanuel Amuneke said they had achieved their objective and would expect to be at their best in the world finals.

The future
Surprisingly, the Golden Eaglets have been more successful on the global stage than in Africa. It is not something that surprises Amuneke, who says that the conditions at the World Cup are more suitable to his side but has naturally been focused on hsi young team. ”For us to be champions of the world, we have to prepare very well. We have been trying to correct some of the mistakes and lapses we noticed in Niger.”

Facts and Figures

Former stars
Jonathan Akpoborie, Nwankwo Kanu, Wilson Oruma, John Obi Mikel, Lukman Haruna, Ogenyi Onazi, Kenneth Omeruo

Key players
Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen, Ebere Osinachi, Samuel Chukwueze

The stat
10 - The number of appearances that Nigeria has made at the FIFA U-17 World Cup finals – winning the competition an unprecedented four times.
Did you just said Mikel obi. get ur record straight. Oseni, Stanley Okoro, Christiantus Macaulay
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by dwag: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Segadem:
This coach is confused, What does age have to do with talent at this level. So coach I put it to u,that your striker that dribbled almost five defenders of Nigeria to score the equalising goal is he truly under 17? So that display of brilliancy is beyond what under 17 lad can do.
gbam
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by robosky02(m): 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mind-blowing stats and facts from Nigeria’s participation at this competition over the years.

1. Nigeria is the most successful country in the tournament’s history with four titles (1985, 1993, 2007, 2013) and three runners up (1987, 2001, 2009). Brazil and Ghana follow with three and two titles respectively.

2. The Golden Ball award for the most valuable player at a particular tournament has been won thrice by Nigerians – the highest by any nation. Phillip Osondu in 1987, Sani Emmanuel in 2009, and Kelechi Iheanacho in 2013.

3. Wison Oruma at Japan 1993 and Macauley Chrisantus at Korea 2007 are the only two Nigerians to have won the Golden Shoe award for most goals scored in a single tournament.

4. The country has failed to qualify for this competition only once in Italy 1991 and once failed to progress pass the group stage in Finland 2003 after the Eaglets were eliminated by drawing of lot – as they were tied with Costa Rica on both points and goals.

5. Dele Alampasu, Eaglets’ goalkeeper to the 2013 edition of the competition is the first and only Nigerian to have won the Golden Glove award for the most outstanding keeper in a particular edition.

6. Despite winning the titles on four occasions, Nigeria has never successfully defended her title at the next edition. (But this time they will)

7. 1708 goals have been scored in the history of the tournament with Nigeria’s Chidera Ezeh scoring the 1700th goal in 2013.

8. Nigeria has successfully hosted this competition once in 2009 but couldn’t capitalise on home support to win the title – they lost 1-0 to Switzerland in the finals. While Mexico is the first and only team to have hosted and won on home soil in 2011.

9. Nigeria hold the record for most goals scored by a team in a single tournament with 26 goals in the 2013 tournament hosted by United Arab Emirates. They are closely followed by Germany with a total of 24 goals in the 2011 edition hosted by Mexico.

10. With an average age of 16 years and 11 months, the current crop of Eaglets are the youngest in the history of the country’s participation at the biennial event.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
He walks into the thread, and hears this comment....... tilts his head in the direction of the female voice and says:

""""I love it...........*smiles*

Yes, it will be very tough but We'll triumph......... This I know........*smiles*

We've never lost against an African side at a Fifa U-17 tournament........

We always come out "ON TOP" and so shall this "Tantalizing" final be........*smiles*......""""
........................................................................................

He walks to the back as usual and take a seat....... Saying, ""I'll come forward when the time is right..... For now just do like I aint here aiit......." *smiles*

Mali is Great, Nigeria is great......... But folks "GREATNESS beats Greatness........ Nigeria would shock the Malians in a manner Coach Ba won't understand......" GOD BLESS NIGERIA............ *smiles*

shizzy7:
I don't like this Nigeria vs Mali..
It should be Africa vs Another Continent..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by robosky02(m): 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks SuperMOD so good to be unbarned

ok let go there

watch this highlight of Fifa u-17 finals UAE 2013

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/u17worldcup/uae2013/highlights/video/video=2221052/index.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Kingsley1000(m): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Rextayne:
Our boys really tried, if you think super eaglet would bring the cup to Nigeria click like.

MALI WILL WIN NIGERIA

BY

2-1

QUOTE ME AFTER THE MATCH
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by shizzy7(f): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
He walks into the thread, and hears this comment....... tilts his head in the direction of the female voice and says:

""""I love it...........*smiles*

Yes, it will be very tough but We'll triumph......... This I know........*smiles*

We've never lost against an African side at a Fifa tournament be it u-17 or u-20 or whatever........

We always come out "ON TOP" and so shall this "Tantalizing" final be........*smiles*......""""
........................................................................................

He walks to the back as usual and take a seat....... Saying, ""I'll come forward when the time is right..... For now just do like I aint here aiit......." *smiles*

Mali is Great, Nigeria is great......... But folks "GREATNESS beats Greatness........ Nigeria would shock the Malians in a manner Coach Ba won't understand......" GOD BLESS NIGERIA............ *smiles*

hehe *gives him a knock on the head for coming late *
*drags him to the front*

I am indifferent about this match.
you're were optimistic that we will defeat Mexico and we did. I hope your optimism works for this one come Sunday.
#fingerscrossed.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Two african countries for finals? sweet!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by baralatie(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
congratulations in advance to five time winner Nigeria's golden eaglets
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by robosky02(m): 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
shizzy7:
hehe *gives him a knock on the head for coming late *
*drags him to the front*

I am indifferent about this match.
you're were optimistic that we will defeat Mexico and we did. I hope your optimism works for this one come Sunday.
#fingerscrossed.

lol give him back seat for coming late...
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by andyanders: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

They are teenagers really....FIFA has become a lot stricter. CT/MRI for players has become compulsory....and also NFF recruits from the academies....not the clubs like they used to.

The problem really, even with overage....is what happens next. IMO....playing at u17 does not mean you would become a world class player.

For example....do you know Anthony Le Tallec, and Florent Sinama-Pognolle.? They were the stars of the French U17 squad that won the 2001 U17 trophy . They did not make a big impact in the National team.

Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen never played at an U17 cup for England....yet they did well. Sunday Oliseh never played at youth level for Nigeria....yet he did well.

The problem is

1.We do not train our players well after winning the trophy. They should be learning how to be better,not posing as big boys.

2.Many players now play for longer periods of time. As a result....it takes longer for an U17 player to get into the senior squad.

Well understood my brother.But note that we are Nigerians and I would beat my chest to tell you that NONE is under 17 for God's sake.

Forget that MRI because it is meant to taste white people.It cannot exactly dictate a black man's true age.

Go to Secondary schools, you will see a true 17 yr old guys and how they look.I will tell you herein that none of them can be taken to play this so called under 17 soccer tournament. Most of the real 17 yr guys you see are from very comfortable homes and most of them cannot even come out to play real soccer on the street of Nigeria as they are very fragile and you can see it from their faces.

These coaches knows it but would wanna make name out of the system but to the detriment of these individuals and the country as this has been the reason why we have NEVER EVER made it in the senior category despite having to win about 95% since the tournament started in 1985.

Falsification of age is a grievous offence to any nation's development. That has been the reason why our so called leaders and civil servants do not want to quit their jobs until they get to 90yrs. They keep recycling themselves in the service and falsifying their ages and refuse to retire and our youths are roaming the streets and getting themselves involved in crime as a result of no job.

I am not against these guys because they are using their God's given talents to improve their well being but the truth has to be said as the falsification of ages has destroyed our improvement in the senior cadre than good for the reason the youth team was developed.

Most of these countries we defeated in this tournament, check them back in the next 5yrs from now, they will be big players all over the world, while ours will be used and dumped same period.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by femi4: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
West African derby....**looking for my seat**
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Georgville(m): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
I really do hope n pray we win... we need to break that jinx.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by femi4: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Georgville:
I really do hope n pray we win... we need to break that jinx.
which jinx
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali: FIFA U-17 World Cup Final (2 - 0) On 8th November, 2015 by Crystademus: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Golden eaglets win this cup and you get #200 naira for your efforts (1$ =#1)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (82) (Reply)

Difference Btw Handicap 0:1 And Handicap 1:0 / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.