Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:32 PM

RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun (30224 Views)

Ongoing Work At Lagos-ibadan Expressway. Fashola Is Working (Pics) / Man Thanks Ambode For Repairing Bad Spot Causing Traffic In Addo Road(pics / PHOTOS: Flour Mills Company Repairing Lagos Roads In Apapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Tolexander: 1:05am On Nov 06, 2015
The Ogun State Government has said the Redeemed Christian Church of God is not responsible for the palliative work being done on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

PUNCH Metro had reported that some workers employed by the church were seen filling some potholes on the road

However, the state government in a statement on Thursday by the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Adejuwon Soyinka, stated that the state Ministry of Works and Infrastructure was already spending millions of naira in putting the road in a good condition for motorists.

He said, “The ongoing palliative work on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway is being handled by the Ogun State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.

“Concerned about the plight of commuters on the ever busy Lagos-Ibadan expressway, the Ogun State Government, on Tuesday, embarked on palliative work on some bad portions of the expressway.

“Not minding the fact that it is a federal road, Governor Ibikunle Amosun, who was worried about the plight of commuters that spend hours in traffic gridlock on the road, directed the state Ministry of Works and Infrastructure to immediately fix the bad portions of the road and also construct drainages.

“In giving the directive, the governor was particularly concerned about the need to immediately bring relief to the road users especially as the Redeemed Christian Church of God and other churches on the ever busy road are also billed to hold events that will attract millions of worshippers this weekend.”

Soyinka quoted the state governor as saying that the efforts made at rehabilitating the road were to complement the work of the Federal Government.

Amosun was quoted to have said the state would not neglect federal highways in the state since all roads were being plied by Nigerians.

He said, “The intervention job on the ever busy expressway is an initiative of the Ogun State government to rescue millions of Nigerians who spend hours in the gridlock occasioned by some bad portions of the road.

“It is also on record that the Ogun State Government had carried out similar palliative measures on the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway, Sagamu-Ogijo-Ikorodu road and other federal roads within the state because the state is strategically located in such a way that goods and passengers going to all other parts of the country have to pass through the Gateway state,” the statement added.
http://punchng.com/2015/11/4312

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by kekakuz(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2015
Don't tell me nonsense.

Yaiy
First to comment
I want to send a shout out to
My father
My mother
And my parents.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Seculent: 1:10am On Nov 06, 2015
sad
Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 06, 2015
so far the road is motorable

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by gameboy727(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2015
Kudos to the State government in helping out to repair the road. The burden shouldn't be on the Federal Government alone in the growth and development of this nation.

IN OTHER NEWS AM A YEAR OLDER TODAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

124 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by chemmerfrank(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2015
Good
Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Kyase(m): 1:11am On Nov 06, 2015
So my church dey lie abi

17 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Egabs(m): 1:11am On Nov 06, 2015
Good one from them

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by NobleBeer(m): 1:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Singing.... You will never share your glory with anybody o. ......

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Gr8amechi: 1:12am On Nov 06, 2015
So who made the first release

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by AUSVINS(m): 1:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Who come say na RCCG dey repair the road?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Nelrulez(m): 1:13am On Nov 06, 2015
With time I'll get to be the FTC. Mr Gov don't take glory that doesn't belong to you so therefore gerarahere.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Nigga44: 1:14am On Nov 06, 2015
Lolz

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by IamMrNoble(m): 1:14am On Nov 06, 2015
pls say it again

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by femimailbox(m): 1:14am On Nov 06, 2015
[size=8pt][/size]Ok o, seems something is amidst here. i just want the road to be safe for driving. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by prudentsea(m): 1:14am On Nov 06, 2015
Thank you Mr. Governor. May God bless you.

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Pascal181: 1:15am On Nov 06, 2015
Let the work be done,even if buhari like let him take d glory. Our under 17 is leading so I'm ok...

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by dipopooo(m): 1:15am On Nov 06, 2015
Lie lie lie everywhere! They av turned us to 'mumu'.
Our media outlets sef are nt helping matter carring unconfirmed info every second.

Baba God disturb dose ba$tards who dey disturb us wit lies n fake info

12 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Kyase:
So my church dey lie abi
Sorry bro!

You may visit GidiLink blog here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Alphaoscar: 1:16am On Nov 06, 2015
ŞɛřıơųŞٳყ ŧɧɛŞɛ ɠųყŞ Şɧơųٳɖ ʄơĆųŞ mơřɛ ơŋ ŧɧɛ ŋųmɛřơųŞ ąცąŋɖơŋɛɖ Şŧąŧɛ'Ş řơąɖ קřơʝɛĆŧŞ

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by eazysmiles: 1:16am On Nov 06, 2015
grin

Religious bigots would be like.

Daddy why?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by d25(m): 1:16am On Nov 06, 2015
I read this on Facebook couple of minutes ago.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by donogaga(m): 1:18am On Nov 06, 2015
The pix on the previous post was all Julius Berger equipments.

BTW, Winners Chapel recently mobilized contractors to site.... They will work on all roads (bad portions) leading to canna land.

Shiloh is just few weeks away.

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by rattlesnake(m): 1:18am On Nov 06, 2015
Kai NL fit lie ehn

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 06, 2015
kekakuz:
I want to send a shout out to
My father
My mother
And my parents.

sad *Smh* sad

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by Kyase(m): 1:19am On Nov 06, 2015
Brandnew2:

Sorry bro!
For why na

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by colossus2: 1:19am On Nov 06, 2015
Who come dey start all the lies sef angry
Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by souleymon(m): 1:19am On Nov 06, 2015
Trying to take the accolade.Its a government road that needed work .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by watered(m): 1:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Whether RCCG or not. That road needs serious attention!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by hinohsend: 1:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Meet the thread on front page,read the article twice before commenting,still i made first page,lol,everybody dey watch ball

1 Like

Re: RCCG Not Repairing Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Ogun by oblo(m): 1:21am On Nov 06, 2015
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nasir El-Rufai's Thought On Buhari And Babangida's Age In 2010 / "60 Percent Of Nigerian Youths Are More Educated Than You" - Man Tells Buhari / Buhari: Why I Trekked 800 Meters In Daura - President Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.