Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) (64004 Views)

Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) / Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970 / Picture Of Gallant Female Soldiers Who Fought In The Nigerian Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Fearcom(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Bigmillz:
idiot he isn't, but see how they did him. If he was an hause will the yorubas betray him?

Who betrayed who or what on earth are you talking about? Have you forgotten that Providence (the death of Yar'dua) was what made Jonathan ascend the Presidency? Or that the whole country voted for him in 2011? Or that he signed a pact of four years with the political powers that be? And even at that if he had done well, Nigerians would have definitely voted for him again? And to add insult to injury, he surrounded himself with criminal elements and corrupt ministers who looted our coffers with impunity. To worsen it all, the south east and south south stood alone, shouting 'No vacancy' and insulting every and any body who wasn't behind Jonathan, until he wasn't soundly defeated. Don't get it twisted oh; if Buhari messes up, we will sweep him out! No time for non sense or sentiments. Our leaders should sit tight. Any one not performing will be shown the way out by the ballot box. Its no longer business as usual. Any leader who refuses to hear the cries of his people will be KICKED OUT by those same people. The people have spoken

1 Like

Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by speedyGonzales: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
taurusdude:

I may be a lot of things but am no sucker monkey. go to the mortuary have your way with some corpse,cos i think your that kind of person.

hahaha! I was just making fun at your expense man! we disagree about the war, I get it but being in a war scenario trying to survive, living on the edge is not the same as just being dead with no war!
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Onyiido: 7:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
benedictnsi:
Ever since my grandmother tell me about this war eeh..... I no d ever wan see the picture not to talk of praying for it to happen again......
My mum told me about it too. I just kept wondering how on earth it happened. Till date if I remember the story, I'll have goose-pimples all over me. War is very bad oooo
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by kingthreat(m): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
franklingud:

Lol!! Igbo nigerian president you said?? With the way they treated Jonathan that is not pure Igbo?
That is the highest impossibility that will happen in this world.
We don't want war, we want to go PEACEFULLY.
Is it too hard to grant us? Is it bad to ask?

Ok get the fuckout of Nigeria to landlocked erosion filled Biafra
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
speedyGonzales:

hahaha! I was just making fun at your expense man! we disagree about the war, I get it but being in a war scenario trying to survive, living on the edge is not the same as just being dead with no war!

gerrara here men,in igbo si e ba pwo
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Fearcom(m): 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Anybody advocating for war, for whatever reason is a fool. These "little kids" think that modern warfare is a joke Or you think it is a war of cutlass and locally made pistol or AK47? grin. There are biological weapons which will be released into the atmosphere people breathe, killing tens of thousands in less than ten minutes.

Not a Single Shot fired. Thousands of people lying dead on the streets. Unless you don't breathe oxygen. Omo leave that thing oo
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by speedyGonzales: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
Fearcom:

Don't tell me what is not please. I have a book back at home written by Ojukwu's general and chief of army staff of the 'republic of Biafra' who was responsible for executing Ojukwu's policies s regarding warfare. There was jubilation everywhere, including in 'Biafra', because Ojukwu ruled by fear. After hearing news that the Nigerian military had since broken lines nd they were very close to Aba, he immediately entered an airplane, having his bags packed, and flew out, saying he was going for one "peace conference". He was smarter than the rest of them at the time, having been schooled and trained in England. So he ran, leaving the rest of the losers to surrender on his behalf. He was just a coward and a war criminal was given a state pardon.

And as for the people you saw dancing, like I said, they celebrated the end of a senseless civil war which they didn't start so stop playing the victim here.

I am not playing victim, I am stating the facts, you claim alot of things, most of them propaganda...
I understand you don't want war but don't try to lie to me! Ojukwu didn't die in the war, that is why Biafra cannot have their country, if the want? there have has much right to have their country, if they choose as any other human being on earth! senseless war? then if the war was meaningless why did Nigeria go on the offensive? I have read the books as well, books by British spies and the Red Cross about the war the help from colonial powers that Nigeria got to win the war... the difficulty of getting food to the children/civilians caught in the war! If you don't want war say you don't want war, quit telling me, the were celebrating the end of the war because they were NOT, there were celebrating the crude oil over the dead bodies of staving dead kids! what bullsh*t!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by speedyGonzales: 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
taurusdude:

gerrara here men,in igbo si e ba pwo

dude, not igbo... don't understand, if you were trying to write igbo! but good for you!
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by menxer: 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
speedyGonzales:

when you look up into the sky what do you see? God? judging you? or beautiful stars; lights of distant galaxies travelling billions of light years to ago to reach your eye at that very instant? the very atoms that make-up the stars are the same ones in you/me, we may exist as conscious being once but we live forever with the universe!

Please, never talk of suicide, that is a mark of weakness... just live your life to it's fullest quit being afraid of the unknown...

It's obvious you are not a Nigerian, for failing to understand what I said.

"abi" at the end of a sentence gives a meaning only Nigerians comprehend.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by PunterTim(m): 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
speedyGonzales:

hahaha! dude, I think it would be a fun experience... I would have to move my family to Ghana, then comeback just to enjoy the war close up!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yah! celebrating the dead of this little guys is not crazy!
Beyond Sickening

1 Like

Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Fearcom(m): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
speedyGonzales:

I am not playing victim, I am stating the facts, you claim that alot of things, most of them propaganda... I understand you don't want war but don't try to lie to me! Ojukwu didn't die in the war, that is why Biafra cannot have their country if the want? there have has much right to have their country, if they choose as any other human being on earth! senseless war? then if the war was meaningless why did Nigeria go on the offensive? I have read the books as well, books by British spies and the Red Cross about the war the help from colonial powers that Nigeria got to win the war... the difficulty of getting food to the children/civilians caught in the war! If you don't want war say you don't want war, quit telling me, the were celebrating the end of the war because they were NOT there were celebrating the crude oil over the dead bodies of staving kids! what bullsh*t!

Well, the truth is bitter. You cannot accept it because it doesn't appeal to your itchy ears. Sorry but history was well documented. And the irony of it all was that the book was written by an igbo man who was not only there, but was DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the slaughter, a former nigerian army Lt Col whom Ojukwu made a Major General, his third in command, a member of his cabinet and his Chief of Army Staff. Isn't that shameful?? And it contained pictures, plenty of pictures, just like the one you posted. And that isn't my only source. You know next to nothing on this issue.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by benedictnsi(m): 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
Onyiido:
My mum told me about it too. I just kept wondering how on earth it happened. Till date if I remember the story, I'll have goose-pimples all over me. War is very bad oooo

Na soo my dear..... Sometimes I wonder how it feels to murder a human in cold blood..... My moral no reach that one gringrin

But no worry.... I go bodyguard you and be your soldier..... In fact, slap anybody, I'm solidly behind youtongue
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by speedyGonzales: 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
Fearcom:

Well, the truth is bitter. You cannot accept it because it doesn't appeal to your itchy ears. Sorry but history was well documented. And the irony of it all was that the book was written by an igbo man who was not only there, but was DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the slaughter, a former nigerian army Lt Col whom Ojukwu made a Major General, his third in command, a member of his cabinet and his Chief of Army Staff. Isn't that shameful?? And it contained pictures, plenty of pictures

hahaha! bitter? the propaganda is bitter? dude! the classified file of the RED CROSS was recently declassified, please read it and rid yourself of bullsh*t...

BTW, here is a headline below for you... linked to a webpage of BBC news reporting the ban on RED CROSS by Nigeria from going in to help starving children/civilians.

1969: Nigeria bans Red Cross aid to Biafra

website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/30/newsid_3733000/3733321.stm
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by catalan15(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
dguyindcorner:
A throw back picture!
After the end of civil war a placard reads "Long live One Nigeria"
photo taken: Jan. 13 1970

what happened again? NIGERIANS THINK
.Mmmmmm.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
dguyindcorner:
NIGERIANS IN LAGOS
so nah those Biafrans be the rebels? cheesy shai!!!! Newspapers shaa

The same way Boko war will end and all states will celebrate their departure.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Onyiido: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
benedictnsi:

Na soo my dear..... Sometimes I wonder how it feels to murder a human in cold blood..... My moral no reach that one gringrin

But no worry.... I go bodyguard you and be your soldier..... In fact, slap anybody, I'm solidly behind youtongue
Thumbs up man cheesy

1 Like

Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
new2020:
cheesy
I hope u know the bios are responsible for what happened to this children. their is no rule in war u simply do all it takes to win. you shouldn't have started a fight you knew u could not win.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by danidee10(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Bigmillz:
They will be with us under conditions

we will never be with you guys, cuz we would just be joining a war that dosen't concern us
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by mandax: 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
Bobbystanley:
We still want Biafra

Say that one million times. That's what the Igbos want. Others can make do with their one Nigeria when Biafra goes.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by mandax: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cuteamigo1:

I hope u know the bios are responsible for what happened to this children. their is no rule in war u simply do all it takes to win. you shouldn't have started a fight you knew u could not win.

No rules in war? Only in deranged minds desperate for proceeds from crude oil.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by mandax: 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
After celebrating the end of the war, Arewa soldiers cornered oil wells. Even the Yoruba that helped them win back Biafra, Arewa soldiers didn't allow them to own crude oil wells.

1 Like

Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by danizy(m): 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
speedyGonzales:

hahaha! Nigerians so baffled at someone who would not mine a civil war in Nigeria?

it really doesn't disturb me, who dies in the war, including me! or what is done to my body after, I am dead, like I told the other guy, you can eat it, if you will... I would still enjoy the war!
owk bt u r nt yet civilized@u r living an acient life style in dis modern era shm
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by pazienza(m): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Threads like this, increase my hatred for Nigeria, her people, land and all she stands for, and increases my allegiance to Biafra and all she stands for.

It reminds me, why Biafra is a cause worth dying for.

God bless Biafra!

2 Likes

Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by satfk: 12:46am On Nov 07, 2015
new2020:
cheesy
See six packs
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by sirchisco: 12:57am On Nov 07, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z_FyRofPI

My Opinoin After The Match Of IPOB
The news of the match protest was shown on NTA but the protesters were not shown. Why? Vanguard reported of police shooting one IPOB but NTA never said that. Well it might be the ethics of reporting on the side of television stations. The road to true peace can never be through violence. Biafrans cannot feel at peace against their wish so let them enjoy that peace and of course Nigeria will also be a home of peace I pray. On the other side, you cant condemn a people and still force them under unification, to me it's like slavery in modern way. If biafrans agitate for its own state, let them have it provided they can handle it as a separate but united blessed nation. God bless us all.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by giftalways(f): 1:11am On Nov 07, 2015
speedyGonzales:

hahaha! I embrace dead my friend! it is part of living!
*** na small pikin dey worry u!!! Grow up dear
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by speedyGonzales: 5:19am On Nov 07, 2015
danizy:
owk bt u r nt yet civilized@u r living an acient life style in dis modern era shm

giftalways:
*** na small pikin dey worry u!!! Grow up dear

already answered everything you have to say!
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:20am On Nov 07, 2015
mandax:

No rules in war? Only in deranged minds desperate for proceeds from crude oil.
hehehe. sounds like the ranting of someone who has crude oil for brains.
afterall Biafra is a greedy dream of a deranged selective few who claim ownership to national common wealth.
keep dreaming, Biafra exist but only in your mind.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Swiftboy(m): 6:28am On Nov 07, 2015
speedyGonzales:

hahahaha! are you scared? I don't care about white people... black people interest me! just imagine a place like Lagos with so many people... it would be glorious!

Don't be scared, man! I don't wish anyone death, I just feel that war would be kinda fun and I don't care which side wins either... wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the people in those pictures celebrating the war, are they not celebrating the dead of this children... How are they morally justified to celebrate the dead of more than one million civilian life... Yet I am the bad guy here!

How many of this little guys survived the war? As far as I am concerned, we are all a little crazy!
the death of this children is regreted...another reason why we should avoid anything called war. Children suffers most from war. Its said in Chinua Achibe's 'there was a country' that the Biafra's army was using these medical and food supply means to import arms into Biafra,hence the blockade. Nigeria should focus more on the future now cos we are not the only nation that have witnessed civil war,why not let the past be and channel more energy into a better democracy and rule of law so the children unborn wont curse us for repeating the same mistake. Some pro-Biafrans keep blaming the blockade,ignoring the fact war is never fought with kindness from either side. With the red cross smuggling weapons into Biafra,the Bfa was advancing westwards towards Ore...do you thing they'd just fold arms to let them? I undastand your sentiment but the Igbos/Biafra should rather focus more on a more political influence as already progress is being made as there are Igbo house of rep members in Lagos...till we have a President. You cant be crying marginalization when you could do something about it rather than bringing up a failed past. Nnamdi Kanu is making manipulating people for his pocket,Igbos need to contintinue to be part of naija.
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by ibrokola(m): 6:46am On Nov 07, 2015
Bobbystanley:
We still want Biafra
I hope you're willing to fight the fight, not just talk the talk! Because all I see is a dead man walking, or just just another ignorant child!
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 07, 2015
Throw your head back.......
Re: Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) by centjamie(m): 7:07am On Nov 07, 2015
rhymaster:
As soon as military intelligence confirms that the suicidal Ibos are ready for another round of mass massacres by a war they can never win, Nigeria will re-activate it's army, airforce and navy reserves within a week and build troop levels back over 500,000 and begin contingency military trainings to rack that up to 1,000,000 active military men and women. Early on in this process, Nigeria will begin massing troops at several states in Iboland and neighbour states with at least 100,000 in Port Harcourt, 100,000 in Delta State, 100,000 in Edo State and at least a 100,000 in Makurdi. It will build up troop levels to alarming levels in Lagos, Abuja, Ore, Uyo and Calabar. All the smart Ibos who are not ready for the ground to open up and swallow them would be allowed 2 weeks of grace to leave to a demilitarized zone in the east and allowed to feed and live their lives while all Ibos outside Iboland must be compelled to go back to Iboland! Their common sense has not allowed them to stop now before war so, no pity for them. All the useful Ibos that can help fight a war kill millions of Ibos and run away like ojukwu will be arrested and kept in high security prison in Yobe / Borno state, e.g any Ibo soldier with battle experience and if he really wants to die, just give them loaded pistols while in prison so they can pull a trigger on themselves. Massive pincer movement and brutal battle formations and forks will pin the rest of Kanus stoopid Ipob soldier down in Iboland, unable to get out, get weapons or food or run away! Their shall be no surrender for Ibos this time and surely Nnamdi Kanu himself will be holed up in the boko haram epicentre or Sokoto where he will be kept in a dingy cell tied down to a table. Ibos will not only lose this war but will probably lose their entire population by 99.5%. Since they can not have sense, let them continue their madness.

All these because of a people's crave for self determination? Why didn't the Brits employ this strategy against the scots? Plus,how many people died before USSR disintegrated into so many sovereign states? Yet those two powerful countries helped wage a war against the Biafrans.why can't Nigeria and Nigerians like yourself learn from them.

The heart of the black man is indeed very dark.

Fyi,there is no country anywhere whose unity is 'fait accompli' or nonnegotiable.wouldn't be better if Nigeria employed this strategy against Bokoharam who have killed so many soldiers and so many innocent citizens?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What I Saw At A Rich Politician's Party. / Governor Wike Fulfils His Promise To Peter Obi & His Campaign (Pictures) / Igboho Surrendered Himself To Government, They Couldn’t Arrest Him – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.