Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria (43401 Views)

Buhari Moves To Install Barrow As Gambian President. / Buhari Moves To Sack SGF Babachir Lawal, Gets Likely Replacements - Naij.com / You Cannot Force Workers Into Farming, Labour Tells Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by emamos: 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari Friday in Abuja directed the Federal Ministries of Works and Lands, Housing and Urban Development to urgently prepare and present for approval and implementation, a plan of action for the speedy revitalisation and expansion of the nation’s vocational training centres.
President Buhari gave the directive after being told at a meeting with the board of directors of a leading construction company in the country that because of a shortage of competent construction workers and artisans in the country, many construction companies were forced to bring in skilled workers from abroad.
Observing that this practice was very detrimental to his administration’s commitment to boost employment opportunities for young Nigerians, President Buhari pledged that his administration would move quickly to address the shortage of skilled construction workers in the country.
The president, who demanded a report on the current status of existing vocational training centres established by the Federal Government, said his administration would take all necessary action to rapidly reposition them as efficient producers of skilled workers for Nigeria’s building and construction industry.
President Buhari assured members of the board of Julius Berger Nigeria Plc that his administration would act swiftly to ensure that the Building Craft Training School and Skill Improvement Centre in Lagos are fully revamped, staffed and equipped to produce more skilled electricians, brick and block layers, carpenters, painters, welders, fabricators, plumbers and other artisans.
Reaffirming his administration’s commitment to the proper education and training of Nigerian youth for the current demands of the labour market, the President said the Federal Government would act expeditiously to remove all impediments to the fulfillment of its promise of more jobs for unemployed Nigerians.
He also assured the Julius Berger directors, led by Mutiu Sunmonu, that in spite of present funding challenges, the Federal Government would continue to do everything possible to settle genuine outstanding payments due to contractors.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192752-buhari-moves-to-block-influx-of-foreign-construction-workers-into-nigeria.html

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Kyase(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good, time for country man to chop

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by wachakuta(m): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good times are Coming

Sai baba

Wailers come and do wat u r paid for... d floor is open

169 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
It is only in nigeria that insanity thrives as norm.

In the US. We ve republicans and democrat
In UK. We ve labour and Conservatives
But in nigeria wat we ve is Chanters and Wailers
It is pathetic

We need to surge forward

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by firefox4th(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
If this is ensured it wiil be to his credit ,ie reviving all the dead vocational training centres, making our redundant civil service to be up and doing,reducing the influx of foreigners(prisoners) in d name of expartriates .Fellow nigerians , our country will be better for it.
Who says Baba is not working ?

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Mogidi: 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
This guy is a joke, Buhari is grossly incapable of leading Nigeria.

This was the same failed method Buhari used in the 80s by expelling 700,000 migrants, did it help our economy?
Buhari should be told you have more Nigerians in Ghana and other west African countries than you have aliens here.
Expect tit for tat reactions from our neighbours.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by redsconsult(m): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
i think julius berger also compounded more to our problem by over pricing and colluding with public officers to loot the nation dry a prj of 5billion naira by ccecc will cost julius berger 15billion of naira... ask akabio and fashola they will tell. that is more reason they have head offices in lagos and uyo.
buhari empower and train our local contractors and dicourage this foreign looters.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by nnachukz(m): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
I will take him serious when it is done. I'm not interested in all these sweet talks.

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by themilanway(m): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mogidi:
This was the same failed method Buhari used in the 80s by expelling 700,000 migrants, did it help our economy? Buhari should be told you have more Nigerians in Ghana and other west African countries than you have aliens here. Expect tit for tat reactions from our neighbours.

You are smarter than him yet you still remain docile in where ever you are?

Shut up if you can't proffer solutions.

256 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Mogidi: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
themilanway:

You are smarter than him yet you still remain docile in where ever you are?

Shut up if you can't proffer solutions.

My solution is that the cow herder resign immediately, he should continue with what he's capable of, governing Nigeria is not one of his capabilities.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by themilanway(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mogidi:

My solution is that the cow herder resign immediately, he should continue with what he's capable of, governing Nigeria is not one of his capabilities.

I suggest you relocate to south sudan.I hear their visa are free

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by BlackrulesDworld(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Importation needs to be block and ban too. I believe Nigeria can survive without importation of any goods.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Sai Buhari...The Real God Chosen grin

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by emamos: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
themilanway:

I suggest you relocate to south sudan.I hear their visa are free
lol

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Importation needs to be block and ban too. I believe Nigeria can survive without importation of any goods.

I agree with you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by onatisi(m): 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
If buhari do this ,then there is hope for Nigeria. Our secondary schools should have vocational training centers and also each local government in Nigeria should have a free building technology vocational training center for anyone who wants to learn building vocational skills. This will greatly reduce the unemployment rate in the country and reduce crime rate because many youths will be trained and gainfully employed or self reliant.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by speedyGonzales: 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
well, are this companies not required by law to employ Nigerians as a majority?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by speedyGonzales: 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:

well, importation of some goods... not any goods technology for instance or fruit that don't grow well in our climate!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Acjohn(m): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nobody is talking of the staff welfare, the way they pack Nigerians in containers like sardines after making some of them go to work as early as 4am to come back 8pm. How some of the workers remain casual staff for more than two years and discharged without benefits. How they stop Nigerians from going into some restaurants that are exclusive for the whites.
In fact I heard of a case in the south south where a white man unleashed a dog on a black man because he got close to one of the restaurant.
In their country they treat us like animals in our country they treat us like slaves, who is to talk to them?
I heard some of the Nigerians that had worked in the company for upwards of twenty years are scared of being admitted in their hospital for the fear of being murdered. That is the situation our fellow country men face under these whites that steals our resources during construction and expect gratitude from us for paying Nigerians far less than what an average person earns in their country. It high time we start placing these red heads where they belong.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by onatisi(m): 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
Acjohn:
Nobody is talking of the staff welfare, the way they pack Nigerians in containers like sardines after making some of them go to work as early as 4am to come back 8pm. How some of the workers remain casual staff for more than two years and discharged without benefits. How they stop Nigerians from going into some restaurants that are exclusive for the whites.
In fact I heard of a case in the south south where a white man unleashed a dog on a black man because he got close to one of the restaurant.
In their country they treat us like animals in our country they treat us like slaves, who is to talk to them?
I heard some of the Nigerians that had worked in the company for upwards of twenty years are scared of being admitted in their hospital for the fear of being murdered. That is the situation our fellow country men face under these whites that steals our resources during construction and expect gratitude from us for paying Nigerians far less than what an average person earns in their country. It high time we start placing these red heads where they belong.
read the article before making a comment

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mogidi:
This was the same failed method Buhari used in the 80s by expelling 700,000 migrants, did it help our economy? Buhari should be told you have more Nigerians in Ghana and other west African countries than you have aliens here. Expect tit for tat reactions from our neighbours.
I AM APPALLED BY THE WAY IN WHICH U DISPLAY YOUR IDIOCY;LIKE ITS A VIRTUE!

72 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by basilo101: 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yHGxDtSdPA
we already have technical and vocational institutes in the East owned by private individuals without waiting for any govt. white men can't survive the competition right here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by emamos: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2015
cc:lalasticlala,move dis to front page na
Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by kulobyno: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
good one
Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by sweatlana: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
I'm a proud wailer.. however this is a good move from pmb.
Apc e-rat take note that wailer can also commend PMB when the occasion arises.

I just hope this is not cheap empty bogus promises by apc. I'd like to see implementation.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by menix(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good
Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by ikechukwu354(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
this is what south east governors should be doing, they should try and influence companies into there states dump leaders!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
cool

This my president is a wise man.
Allow me celebrate this move with a bottle of Heineken please.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by kennyman2000(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nice move.
Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by engrjosefz(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
y
Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by NJPot(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
nice move
Re: Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria by Brugo(m): 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mogidi:
[s]This guy is a joke, Buhari is grossly incapable of leading Nigeria.
This was the same failed method Buhari used in the 80s by expelling 700,000 migrants, did it help our economy? Buhari should be told you have more Nigerians in Ghana and other west African countries than you have aliens here. Expect tit for tat reactions from our neighbours.[/s]

cheesy cheesy cheesy Balderdash as usual.

This is one of the best news this year. Do you know how much these construction companies pay their "expatriates"? Even at that you'll have foreign technicians earning better than Nigerian engineers on Nigerian soil.

Don't be an enemy of progress. Goat. cheesy

40 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Turns Tailor. Pictured Sewing Clothes Ahead Of The World Women's Day / Presidency Moves To Forcibly Reconvene Senate, Impeach Saraki / Photos Of A Shiite Man And A Policeman Fighting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.