Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides (24917 Views)

Breaking:Amaechi, ALL Ministers From The South-east Missing From Osibanjo's List / Abba Kyari Wants To Cut Off These 7 Ministers From Buhari - Sahara Reporters / See List Of Confirmed Ministers From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by todayng: 6:08am On Nov 07, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has told the 36 Ministers-Designate that they cannot have long convoy of vehicles and retinue of political aides.
The President gave the directive to the appointees at the two-day retreat organized for them at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

One of the appointees, Dr. Chris Ngige, a former Governor of Anambra State, who briefed state house correspondents after the retreat Friday, said the directive followed the dwindling finances of the nation.

“We are going to block areas of leakages, retinue of aides, protocol staff, large convoys of cars are things that will not fly in this administration.”

“So, we need to actually restructure the political and social moment of the country and that is what we are going to do. That means poverty will reduce,” Ngige said.

President Buhari is yet to assign portfolios to the appointees.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/34783/buhari-bars-incoming-ministers-from-using-long-convoys-appointing-excess-aides

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by LordMecuzy(m): 6:09am On Nov 07, 2015
Good we must cut down the cost of governance in this country.

Ride on my President..

We the Good people of SouthEast are solidly behind you, no shaking.

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Unionised(m): 6:09am On Nov 07, 2015
Ghen ghen...
Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by 48noble(m): 6:10am On Nov 07, 2015
Amaechi take note!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Okimski(m): 6:12am On Nov 07, 2015
That is very nice to hear, hope they keep to their words, because this is the real way to cut the cost of governance.
Employing aids here and there which they don't even pay the actual amount on paper, then stealing start.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by christinie(f): 6:18am On Nov 07, 2015
Good one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Flets: 6:20am On Nov 07, 2015
Buhari is not living by example cos he already rides a 30 vehicle convoy..... online videos on Buhari's convoy already litter cyberspace.

Hypocrisy and propaganda uncensored

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Firefire(m): 6:25am On Nov 07, 2015
Flets:
Buhari is not living by example cos he already rides a 30 vehicle convoy..... online videos on Buhari's convoy already litter cyberspace.

Hypocrisy and propaganda continues

The lying president... cheesy

Buhary should lead by example.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Cutehector(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2015
Flets:

Hypocrisy and propaganda continues
he is d president of the federal republic of Nigeria! U don't tell him wat to do!

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by sammyj: 6:29am On Nov 07, 2015
This is a good example of a good leader and not the usual rulers we use to have in the past !! cool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by AngryNigerian(m): 6:30am On Nov 07, 2015
48noble:
Amaechi take note!

..& you just said my mind. In addition to that, they should remain in Abuja, & not cause mayhem in their various states, like Wike, Anyim, etc did!

Change don hard!!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Greyworld: 6:31am On Nov 07, 2015
Good one but at this point we need precision. For example, "not more thn six (6) vehicles" or not more than 15 aides. Some might
See nothing "long" in a thirty (30) vehicle convoy.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by 48noble(m): 6:31am On Nov 07, 2015
AngryNigerian:

..& you just said my mind. In addition to that, they should remain in Abuja, & not cause mayhem in their various states, like Wike, Anyim, etc did!

Change don hard!!!

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by drberry(m): 6:33am On Nov 07, 2015
No more Special Adviser to the Personal Assistant to the Senior Special Adviser to the Chief of Staff to the Honorable Min. of Niger Delta Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi. grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by bugzbunny: 6:34am On Nov 07, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Ride on my President..

Speak for urself
This is a cosmetic presidency
Photogenic classless leader
Hav u seen his convoy or fleet of private jets
Always beating to d gallery

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by amnesty7: 6:36am On Nov 07, 2015
coolHappy weekend, Wailers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by wallex1983(m): 6:36am On Nov 07, 2015
Since these aides are not civil servants and their work ends when their principal leaves, would it be a bad idea if the government increases the allowances of the ministers to a specific amount that can cater for aides that ministers would need and not aides that they would want...... let the ministers themselves and not the government pay salaries for the aides.. .... .

Anyone that feels he can appoint 1000 aides can then go ahead...... .. Yes I agree it has its own pros and cons, bt.... ..

#justthinking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by bugzbunny: 6:39am On Nov 07, 2015
Cutehector:
he is d president of the federal republic of Nigeria! U don't tell him wat to do!
A good leader leads by examples....
Not a dullardin.ho

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by sandraokosun1: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2015
Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by thundafire: 6:43am On Nov 07, 2015
it's nt new yar adua stopped it nd even in GEJ tym ministers dnt go in long convoy so e-rats come nd counter me or quote

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by donphilopus: 6:44am On Nov 07, 2015
bugzbunny:

Speak for urself

Can't you comprehend? He said the good people of Southeast are solidly behind baba. Did he say the paid agents and hypocrites of Southeast? Make no mistake! You are not among the good people the guy is talking about!

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 07, 2015
LordMecuzy:

Ride on my President..

Are you sure you are from south east? Cos those south east,south south guys are sons and daughters of hate who finds every possible opportunities to condemn every good work of Mr President just because they hate him without reason.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by speedyGonzales: 6:45am On Nov 07, 2015
President Blocks Aso Drive, Rides In Convoy Of Over 30 Cars (watch Video)

https://www.nairaland.com/2712613/president-blocks-aso-drive-rides#39671727

hypocrite

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by wallex1983(m): 6:46am On Nov 07, 2015
Since these aides are not civil servants and their work ends when their principal leaves, would it be a bad idea if the government increases the allowances of the ministers to a specific amount that can cater for aides that ministers would need and not aides that they would want...... let the ministers themselves and not the government pay salaries for the aides.. .... .

Anyone that feels he can appoint 1000 aides can then go ahead...... .. Yes I agree it has its own pros and cons, bt...

#justthinking

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Cutehector(m): 6:47am On Nov 07, 2015
bugzbunny:

A good leader leads by examples....
Not a dullardin.ho
hahahahaha. Funny picture.... Buh u knw he is doing well.. Let's have some patience

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 07, 2015
bugzbunny:

Speak for urself
. That's more like it. Children of hate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by LordMecuzy(m): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2015
maryjames9:
Are you sure you are from south east? Cos those south east,south south guys are sons and daughters of hate who finds every possible opportunities to condemn every good work of Mr President just because they hate him without reason.

lol I'm from Southeast and I love my Presido what I hate is corruption only.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by TeamSimple(m): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2015
I just have this positive feeling that we would start feeling the changes when these ministers get to work. #Ibelieve
Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by babdap: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2015
A Good move.
Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by bugzbunny: 7:01am On Nov 07, 2015
maryjames9:
They hv a reason
buhari and Apc is a Scam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by iokpebholo: 7:07am On Nov 07, 2015
TeamSimple:
I just have this positive feeling that we would start feeling the changes when these ministers get to work. #Ibelieve
Hmmmm ok if Dts wat u think but wait na ministers buhari dey wait for b4 he pay me my salary?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bars Incoming Ministers From Using Long Convoys, Appointing Excess Aides by themilanway(m): 7:08am On Nov 07, 2015
bugzbunny:

Speak for urself

Actually,he also spoke my mind.I repeat not all right thinking and sane igbos hate Buhari or are been brain washed by Dilector kanu.

When Jonathan was in office,how long was his convoy?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Leaked Memo: Buhari Summons Kyari, Oyo-ita After FEC Clash / A Documentary On The Real Story Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.