Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (28866 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ikamefa(f): 12:28am On Jul 17, 2006
Shagari2:

naughty girl *spank spank* kiss

ouchy! ouchy ! * flickering eye lashes *tongue that was em so, em, tongue kiss
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by IAH(f): 2:59am On Jul 17, 2006
Shagari2:

4th - 6th yr was still in Fajuyi, we had special rooms then so we didn't need to go
to Moremi, they were only too happy to come to us!

@Shagari2, were you a Medical Student? Sure yes, I don't even need to ask. What years were you in Ife? I was also a Medical Student before leaving. I might just know you, you know.cheesy cheesy Greatest IFUMSITES! grin grin grin
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by WesleyanA(f): 3:06am On Jul 17, 2006
i've seen the school.
does that count? tongue
I have relatives who went there. they talk about all these things too.
I know the campus is pretty and all that but most important, it's in ILE IFE!! cool
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by hayo(m): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2006
Three Gbosas!
Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!
I went for a friend's wedding in Ile-Ife on Saturday and I was telling my friend immediately we entered the serene environment of the monumental masterpiece called Great Ife how I always feel high anytime I enter the campus. I have always wanted to attend great Ife since my days in school of science Ile-Ife; though my dad wanted me to attend UI smiley borinnnnnnnnngggggggg.
I vividly remember my first night in Awo hall (96/96 session) and I heard dogs, goats and cows doing their thingy at around 12 midnight! I asked a guy in my room if they allow animals in the halls and he almost laughed his head out while he explained the aromatic tendencies of Awo guys. I spent just a session in Awo (in the sane part - Annex) but I was still exposed to a lot of their aromatic displays; the height of it is the competition between Blk 2 and 3 when someone will come out and announce - Block 3 e jade, e je ka bu iya ara wa o! madness.
I really enjoyed that school and the training received is helping me immensely today. Its not about the academics, it transcends that sphere, its about the feeling, the environment, the people, the pride and a lot of things one cannot describe. In any place I go or work, I always see Ife guys behaving very differently and excelling above their peers. We also think faster and get things done,
I do not want to talk too much, else other schools go burn with jealousy smiley

1 Like

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by chimanu2000(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2006
Hi, i also finished from Ife, infact i met seun there. the place had its highs and lows. i haven't been there since i collected my NYSC letters. i just think people there should be a bit more focused about what value could be added to themselves and the community. The union like most is carried away with reacting to issues instead of developmental issues for their members and the university.But in all its still a great enviromental because of the people there and the tradition that comes with it.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2006
also am great ife finished 1998 though
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by spikedcylinder: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2006
Seun,How dare you say there are no active members who are students on OAU?!?Am i not active enough? angry angry cry

I still attend this great school but i have no idea of hostel life as i have never stayed in any of the hostels.Though spent my first year in my family friend's house at the back of moz (aluta quaters) and i think i was there when they had the awo vs moz fight.IAH,when did you leave ife?
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by spikedcylinder: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2006
Who mentioned Iyan pharmacy?It always better early in the morning! with their big and mighty ponmo!grin
Iya Egin at old buka?Health Sciences cafeteria's tasteless but addictive food?The rude girls at Admin cafeteria?Where boys hang out at Rotunda?There's now a cyber cafe there though.Iya Shola at mayfair?(i actually live near there so you can imagine how well she knows me!).Show nites and how awo boys gatecrash?During shows when awo boys throw pure water on everybody and anybody's head?

The list is endless! grin
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Shagari2(m): 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2006
My fav was B2'S rice and dodo with assorted meat and a bottle of super freezing coke!! lovely! grin
or to trip a babe with chicken and chips from SUB, hehe, hilarious, how can you trip anybody with chicken and chips, lol! but believe me, it got 'em all the time!! chicken and chips!! grin grin
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by crito(m): 12:57am On Jul 20, 2006
Oh wat a great citadel of learning,where do i start 4rm,i passed thru fabro,im always in moz,later moremi,shows at amphi theatre,pics at motion ground,reading in social science lecture theatre,stayed in faj then later town(gboro) la cuisine to b precise,eat in old buka(egin),new buka(alarcarte),cp and sumtimes spices,also health sciences canteen and pharmacy also,lectures at amphi,ajose,odlt 1&2,law 201-209,aud 1&2,boo a-c,hslt a-c,social science lt 1&2,watching premiership&champions league in sub and faj,going to quarters to visit my guardian,browsing in faj,rotunda and cc or infinite grace,fellowship in blw,clf and rcf.
in short i came, i saw and i conquered with a B.Sc(HONS) in economics.
GREAT IFE MY ALMA-MATA and my HUMMER H2 JEEP.
IM PROUD TO HAVE ATTENDED OBA AWON UNIVERSITY(OAU).
ONE LOVE. smiley cheesy cool
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by crito(m): 1:33am On Jul 20, 2006
Oh wat a great citadel of learning,where do i start 4rm,i passed thru fabro,im always in moz,later moremi,shows at amphi theatre,pics at motion ground,reading in social science lecture theatre,stayed in faj then later town(gboro) la cuisine to b precise,eat in old buka(egin),new buka(alarcarte),cp and sumtimes spices,also health sciences canteen and pharmacy also,lectures at amphi,ajose,odlt 1&2,law 201-209,aud 1&2,boo a-c,hslt a-c,social science lt 1&2,watching premiership&champions league in sub and faj,going to quarters to visit my guardian,browsing in faj,rotunda and cc or infinite grace,fellowship in blw,clf and rcf.
times in sports mkt,pixels,gym,mayfair hotel,diganga,admin basement,motel royal,asherifa est,alawode,olubuse,ede road,ibadan road,library,nesa,neo-classical ecole,fac of soc-sci.

In short i came, i saw and i conquered with a B.Sc(HONS) in economics.
GREAT IFE MY ALMA-MATER and my HUMMER H2 JEEP.
IM PROUD TO HAVE ATTENDED OBA AWON UNIVERSITY(OAU).
ONE LOVE. smiley cheesy cool
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Omonla(f): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2006
I attended Great Ife around the end of the Tony Fash era (anybody remember him?) Aluta Continua, wink
Didn't get to finish school at Ife, but I am - and will always be - a dedicated OAUite!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by benjibabs(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2006
So nice to go down memory lane . . . . . was in Ife early 90s. Did anyone mention A.O.P at town One of the best mama puts of my time!!!!! I can vividly remember the shout of "OMOOO" from the female end of Sports hall (Akintola hall) whenever those lazy chics needed those kids to assist them with their chores. Also, the cry of "TAAAYLORRRRRRRRR" from the mobile Taylors marketing their services. grin Awo hall is a sh_t hole infested with beans weevil. I can remember the evergreen song " E pana, e pana o, e pana ko ni kaluku wa mu tire o!!!" ( Put off the light and let each person take his own) when moz babes are passing through the "zoo". All the "kurukere" moves at night in the female halls. Whao! boy oh boy . . . . Ife is truly great.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by sojiboy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2006
I was at IFE 4 my POST JAMB on the 30 of swept men ife is a great school inddeed i stay in FAJ HALL blocck 1 room37 RED CROOS ROOM i hope those WAHALA GUYS OF AWO WILL CHANGE when we the freshers enter thatn faj hall.pls can somebody tell me the best hall for male student in IFE but no matter you pple will say i will prefer to resume in FAJUYI HALL.THANKS
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2006
Was in Ife too and fond memories linger.Seun so you dont know that I was in Ife always in your room in Faj annex when you were in year 2

Ife was fun particularly when watching football in Awo,T.V room, Faj T.V room and SUB lower Being the only Bayern Munich fan around it was always fun taunting all the premiership lovers in the school

Just to say E Ka aroo se e ,a ma fo mo
It is very cruel of you people to talk about Ife and forget the legendary Motion ground,
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tunjikrown(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2006
who just mentioned FABRO here? that man was something else when we were in school, good old memories!!!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by jostmet(f): 12:52am On Oct 29, 2006
Searching for Moji "Candy Girl" Adedoye. She was in Ife 1985 to 1990.
Very Urgent. She was very popular. Could you post something on your website?

1 Like

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Analytical(m): 10:54am On Nov 03, 2006
Great Ife!

Of course there can be only one great Ife in the universe. Another one is a counterfeit.

@sojiboy, you will probably stay in Angola Hall (officially, that is). Come to think of it, I've always thought that is the best hall for a fresher to stay. It is the hall for freshers. You'll get information faster and meet fellow Jambitos, solve common problems etc.

Welcome to Great Ife!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by cokefour: 1:28pm On Jan 12, 2007
I must be old listening to you guys so here goes a history lesson. Risky Burger got it's name from the first person to start selling the burger on campus in '89. Yup his name was Risky. At the time I was there Wande Abimbola was VC, possibly the best they've had.
I was an awoite and didn't complete my MOZ 101, just did direct entry the next year to MOR301 (that was the room number but it was F block)
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2007
Who knws the big boi skul of nigeria, Yeah,think deeply
ummm,
Omolowo Omoshow University, (o.O.U).,.Oops,
*runs, before am stoned by awoites,and faj,but no doubt,i be biggest boi of da unis
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by erad(m): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2007
OAU sudents holla!!!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Freekaleek: 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2007
Hey GreatIfe folks, something is up. Check out www.greatife.com
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by aycd44(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2007
Freekaleek:

Hey GreatIfe folks, something is up. Check out www.greatife.com
reekaleek, you have done a great job
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by TheOne2(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2007
GREATEST IFE!! GREAT!!!
ARTICULATE IFE!! ARTICULATE!!
CONSCIOUS, EVER-VIGILANT IFE!! GREAT!!
PAWON!! GBOSA!!
PAWON!! GBOSA!!
RECOGNITION! O DA MO NIYEN!!

Ife was good for me, and I wouldn't attend any other Nigerin University if I had to do it all over again. I met some ultra-sharp guys in that school. Megafoshe factorial. I remember at the end of part 1, I think I has a GPA of 4.50 and I was feeling cool with myself. When we got to the department in part 2, I realised that more than 30 people had GPA's higher than mine embarassed

I remember Osas for Tech part 2, Pedro (fluid mechanics) for part 3. Mennnnnnn, those guys were something else

2 Likes

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by seyibobo(m): 11:51am On Mar 29, 2007
WHY
Aro is allowed. E dey do like say i dey school.
I am still in IFE having spent almost 6 years for a 5 years course, still do not have an idea of when i would graduate because of Alutassssssssssssssss.

Keep it up Guys.

Oluseyi
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by shushu(f): 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2007
x
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by timadel(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2007
GREAT IFE!.I'm a part 4 student of elect/elect and i'm really having a nice time.shd we start talking abt d great amphi theatre,spices,chicken plaza,almost forgotten alumni hall,aro awo boys,COOL FAJ GUYS,Tsunami result,or the knowledge imparted?the only  BUT is  D everyday aluta.any elect guy there? OBA AWON UNIVERSITY(O.A.U) INDEED!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Topsido(m): 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2007
Seun osewa OOKIWA OO KIWA OO KIWA. DOBALE, OMALE
What can i say?
Great Ife is da best
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tunjikrown(m): 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ shushu , thanks for bringing back the old memo, spending some years with you in school is part of the best time i ever had in ife! i saw Dr Omisore in my new office last week , he suprised to see me there! he even told my co staffs to watch out , aluta man is in their mist! i was just looking @ him,
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by brodipo: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2007
OAU Oba Awon Uni, despite the delay many still want 2 come why
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by shushu(f): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2007
x
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tunjikrown(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2007
shushu, thanks again for bringing back old memories, i could remember that night of july 10th, i just left the front of moza for in faj that early morning , i was there doing love wantintin, i barely closed my eyes when i heard the gun shut(s), it was an event one can never forget,
can anyone say which of aluta was the bloodiest when he or she was in school?, i could remember when Denis chuckwunsa was killed in one of the alutas in 1998, i think that was when we lost MKO, i tagged it to be the bloodiest during my stays on campus!
how are you doing all? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / Which One Of These Fingers Type Do You Belong To? / Gej's Alamajiri Model Schools - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.