Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (28858 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ofurufu(m): 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2008
What a great school Ife is
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by mebad(m): 4:46am On Apr 26, 2008
U go fear Great Ife.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by gorociano: 3:21am On Apr 27, 2008
I no fit Shout so everything solo solo, according to our famed union leaders "coolu coolu Temper" but i gats Holla some people

Of the greatest Awoite!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (stayed in awo through out---though moved to annex a bit later than necessary)
Of The greatest White house!!!!!!!! (Yeah Yeah manged to graduate from Physics, Think say na beans?!)
Of the Greatest Channel 10ite!!!!!!( I mean best place to kill tyme, socialize n get the hottest gist about girlz passing)
Of the greatest Pomsky!!!!!!!(Pharmacy Pomo na the best piece of non-protenious meat in the world. Gaskya!)
Of the greatest AMphite!!!!!( who dey pay enter Show when u fit jump fence)
Of the greatest Mozambiqueens!!!!(You gotta Love them with their "Buy Me Suya" Mantra)
Of the Greatest, (i beg i don lose breath, so, )

Of the Greatest,Of the Greatest,Of the Greateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssstttttttttttt IFE
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by babaunite: 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2008
Ife is the Greatest. I was in Ife a few (over 20 odd cheesy )years back , White House/ Awo Hall./Fajuyi etc and love every minute of my 5 years stay. I am always conscious of IFE as every time I see a uniquely exceptional Nigerian- they must at one time or the other have Ife 'blood' in them.

I can never forget IFE, Aluta, one of my friends was killed in town during one of our protests and I was only saved by the grace of God, but nevertheless I will never trade the experience for any other.

I am out on the country for the past few years and honestly, Ife is truly great, Any where I go I meet alumna bringing glory to Great Ife, In UN, I know two Ife guys working as consultants, I know several top guys in Google , Microsoft, Boeing, Lehman Brothers; Citigroup, AT&T, Armaco, Shell etc , them jus boku , haba,

Our host Seun sef get Ife in him. grin

Ife is the greatest!!!!!!

Does any one know of an Alumni in UK; I would like to join one to see what we can do to make Ife greater, The Alumni website is not as good as it should be , and the information is not current, we deserve something better, L8tr guys.

@SEUN, As an aside, this site is wonderful, Thanks for the effort, I work in IT so I know a little wee bit of the effort. More grease to your cuffs, smiley
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
By the way, what are your CGPAs?  grin Them talk say education tough there oh. I'm scared  shocked
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by opsy(f): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2008
Hail to thee Awo varsity hail,
Our alma mata hail,
Our place of learning n culture,
The pride of our father land. }--wack!
All hail,brothers hail,
All hail,sister hail,

--> na d nu anthem wey Faborode want make all of una dey sing b dt. Great ife!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by niyi09(m): 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2008
@ opsy
the proposed new anthem is so boring,Thank God we have kicked it out
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by phartye(m): 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2008
Yeah, but I think he's now using style-style to reconcile.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by mayorking(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2008
GREATEST IFE!! GREAT!!!
ARTICULATE IFE!! ARTICULATE!!
CONSCIOUS, EVER-VIGILANT IFE!! GREAT!!
PAWON!! GBOSA!!
PAWON!! GBOSA!!
RECOGNITION! O DA MO NIYEN!!

I dont know where to start.Ife evokes in me a lot of emotions because it gave me THE GOOD,THE BAD AND THE UGLY in experiences.With a '93 admission which started in '94 and did not effectively get off the ground until '95 and then graduating in November 2002 and then having the Certificate awarded by Senate in 2003!I spent a good part of my life in Ife!One of the lowest points of my stay in Ife of course was when I lost my classmate Eviano to cult attack! I grew from a boy to a man in Ife.
Part 1 was in J5 in Angola,Part 2&3 was in PG hall,Part 4 was in Faj hall and 5&6 was in town!Of course you already knew the number of years that took me.
I was in fellowship(Deeper Life,old campus and RCF),in student union goverment i.e SRB and in IFUMSA endeing up as Chairman(speaker).
I knew Tony Fash,Obesere, and the likes.I saw a lot of Alutas,went days without proper baths in the days of water scarcity,witnessed a lot of congresses shuting down school,ate in old buka,forks and fingers,pharmacy and new Buka!
The list is endless.When I left Ife I left with mixed emotions.When I last went to Ife to get my Certificate it was with mixed emotions and whenever I talk or think of I fe it was with mixed emotions.Love for a good academic culture,admiration for a great campus and sadness and anger for long stay in school.
GREATEST IFE.

1 Like

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by medman007(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2008
yeah it's very obvious now that he regrets bringing up the anthem 'coz everybody rejected it alumi inclusive. so he had no other choice that to leave it the way it was.

I wish myself and all Great IFE student happy resumption.

Ahmed.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by phartye(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2008
Happy Resumption, I just pray dis session goes as smooth as possible,without any hiccup cool
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by niyi09(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2008
yeah we pray so
there is no hiccup in sight
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tkb417(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2008
Great Ife!!! Greatest Ife!!!! greatest of the greatest of the greatest!!!
pawon, gbosa, i don forget the remaining grin grin

correct thread!!
i entered for philosophy and tried changing to law but Jingo refused patapata
i did jamb again, blasted the thing entered Econs and graduated!

when i was in Phil, i lived in block 2 FAJ
my first year in econs i lived partly in AWO and moved to Mayfair Hotel when the ARO wan kill me
year 2 mayfair, 2nd semester i moved to Aserifa estate
year 3, moved to alawode estate and ths where i finsihed

i enjoyed Ife o. but the Aluta nearly kill person
e no easy
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tibidokun: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2008
greatest ife thins thy sele 4 re oooooooooooooooo but dont worry u should manage
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by lekanakel(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2008
I was in Ife in the days of Wale Omole and Rogers Makanjuola. Baba Shoetan, Obesere, Fash, Akinjo Kolade Victor, Tomiloba, Olanrewaju Legacy, Iwilade George(Assasinated), Honorable Faro, Bloody Victor of Awo Buttery, etc. I was an SRC member in the Legacy Exco. Ife is the Place joo. Rora e joo. O yato l'eniyan. Shishi l'odu.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by emonkey(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2008
Please connect with students from other universities for great fun at Naija Kampus Komm- unity (www.kampuskommunity.com)
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by hedges007(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2009
Up till today, i still wonder if i would ever recover from the lingering memory of Great ife. Imagine, I actually finished from Government College Ikorodu (GCI) even before my SSCE, i have been dreaming and bragging about Great Ife even prior to my first visit to the school. I was so much obsessed with Great Ife Experience syndrome, that i have to write JAMB 5 times. Though my first JAMB wasn't ok for admission, I tried OAU 2 times, to no avail, i was later offered admission in FUTO, i was thee for a semester, still crazy and intoxicated about IFE, i sat for another JAMB without my parents consent. I tried again but still no Admission on the bases of no connection. I finally got the admission through my Uncle then in Zoology dept into Metallurgical and Materials Science and Engineering dept under Roger Makanjuola regime as VC. I left IFE and Nigeria in my first semester 300 levels, after IFE lecturers kept shooting several Missiles and Atomic bomb towards the GP and the CGPA was almost rendered handicap and eventually swallowed by high wave of Tsunami.  Its only in Great Ife, that i see students still have to read like mad man even when u are sure of getting an "F"  to say even to get an "F" , is a severe hard labour.I mean if u are not Academically militant, please maa teri sii o . I actually tried my best then, i wasn't just ok with the indiscriminate closure of the school everytime. I actually enjoy the Aluta days during the time of Revolution anyway. My last Aluta was 2004, during the time of Em Em, Mohammed Elegbede as Union President, when d only student (Rasheed Laketu) that was killed by MOPO then, was shot right in front of me during the time we were chasing the MOPO. I wept that night and i couldn't sleep. I actually spent 5 years in total on campus. I stayed only in Faj and Awo(Faj, blk 2, rm 88 and annex 293, 265 ) and (Awo blk 4 rm 98, blk 2 rm 86 and annex rm 292) I also stay in Lagere for one semester. I do visit places like Olubushe, Omole Estate, Quarters, Asherifa, May fair, etc, coz of friends and family i have around the places. I still remember several shows at Amphi thearter (Africa Amphi Thearter). Motion ground, Senate building, Spider Building, CC, Computer building, Any Awoites in the house? Greeaatesst Elewas (Beans eaters)
Men i can't shout, so much to say.

Articulate Poly Ado ! Even conscious Poly Owo !

Sorry, Of the Greeeaateessst Ife. I rest my case.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by goodguy(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2009
tkb417:

Great Ife!!! Greatest Ife!!!! greatest of the greatest of the greatest!!!
pawon, gbosa, i don forget the remaining grin grin

Ever gbi gbi! Ever gba gba! Ever gbi gbi gba gba!! Ever shi won, ever pawon, ever bo won!!! grin

tkb417:

correct thread!!
i entered for philosophy and tried changing to law but Jingo refused patapata

Jingo, baba fallacy. . abi?! grin

tkb417:

my first year in econs i lived partly in AWO and moved to Mayfair Hotel when the ARO wan kill me
year 2 mayfair, 2nd semester i moved to Aserifa estate
year 3, moved to alawode estate and ths where i finsihed

Big boy! cheesy
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by goodguy(m): 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2009
Another Great Ife is truly a counterfeit! cheesy
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by spikedcylinder: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2009
Awww, this is so nice.
Tkb, I should know you o, what year did you graduate again? I lived in Omole estate in my 3rd and 4th years. Before then, I lived in Quarters (the one behind Moz) in my first year then EEA aka Adesakin hostel (one of those new hostels off Ede Road) in my second year. grin grin
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2009
@spikedcylinder
I didn't know you were a Great Ife too.

@tbk417
We finished from the same department. I finished 2006. When did you finish?

@ all
Having the opportunity to attend Ife is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I just like that school. When people know you are from Ife(either as a student or a graduate) people look at you as if you are from another planet. During NYSC, in camp, other corpers were just feeling intimidated by us. When we had Ife get-together in camp and sang Ife anthem, others corpers were just panting in awe, feeling inferior. One guy even lied that he was from Ife in one of the NYSC gatherings, but I didn't want to embarrass him by exposing him, moreso as he was my friend. Ife, oh no, I just like that school.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2009
hedges007:

Up till today, i still wonder if i would ever recover from the lingering memory of Great ife. Imagine, I actually finished from Government College Ikorodu (GCI) even before my SSCE, i have been dreaming and bragging about Great Ife even prior to my first visit to the school. I was so much obsessed with Great Ife Experience syndrome, that i have to write JAMB 5 times. Though my first JAMB wasn't ok for admission, I tried OAU 2 times, to no avail, i was later offered admission in FUTO, i was thee for a semester, still crazy and intoxicated about IFE, i sat for another JAMB without my parents consent. I tried again but still no Admission on the bases of no connection. I finally got the admission through my Uncle then in Zoology dept into Metallurgical and Materials Science and Engineering dept under Roger Makanjuola regime as VC. I left IFE and Nigeria in my first semester 300 levels, after IFE lecturers kept shooting several Missiles and Atomic bomb towards the GP and the CGPA was almost rendered handicap and eventually swallowed by high wave of Tsunami. Its only in Great Ife, that i see students still have to read like mad man even when u are sure of getting an "F" to say even to get an "F" , is a severe hard labour.I mean if u are not Academically militant, please maa teri sii o . I actually tried my best then, i wasn't just ok with the indiscriminate closure of the school everytime. I actually enjoy the Aluta days during the time of Revolution anyway. My last Aluta was 2004, during the time of Em Em, Mohammed Elegbede as Union President, when d only student (Rasheed Laketu) that was killed by MOPO then, was shot right in front of me during the time we were chasing the MOPO. I wept that night and i couldn't sleep. I actually spent 5 years in total on campus. I stayed only in Faj and Awo(Faj, blk 2, rm 88 and annex 293, 265 ) and (Awo blk 4 rm 98, blk 2 rm 86 and annex rm 292) I also stay in Lagere for one semester. I do visit places like Olubushe, Omole Estate, Quarters, Asherifa, May fair, etc, because of friends and family i have around the places. I still remember several shows at Amphi thearter (Africa Amphi Thearter). Motion ground, Senate building, Spider Building, CC, Computer building, Any Awoites in the house? Greeaatesst Elewas (Beans eaters)
Men i can't shout, so much to say.

Articulate Poly Ado ! Even conscious Poly Owo !

Sorry, Of the Greeeaateessst Ife. I rest my case.

Yeap, I can remember this period too. It was Tuesday, November 3, 2004. It was mother of all aluta, led by Olowokandi(PRO). I was having ECN 309 test the next week, so I just ignored the aluta guys and went to read in AUD. I thought it was like the normal aluta(after all we were used to it almost every week). But suddenly I saw MOPOLs marching from road 7, I knew that day was going to be brutal. They were heavily drunk and singing war-songs. Few minutes after I started hearing gunshots. I ran into a box at the back of AUD for cover. I was shivering. I can't leave academics for hostel because of what was going on. It was like a war. A melee ensued in the whole school, and I later found my way to the hostel, only to learn that Rasheed Laketu(my student in tutorial in Mosque) had been hit by bullet and died. It was like war. The school was shut down.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tmcboy(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2009
Damn! U guyz have all gone 2hru a lot in dis school, I dont pray to go 2hru any of dose kinda stuffz o. But can u yarn us bout wat happened that cozed d Clash wiv d MOPO?
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tmcboy(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2009
Damn! U guyz have all gone 2hru a lot in dis school, I dont pray to go 2hru any of dose kinda stuffz o. But can u yarn us bout wat happened that cozed d Clash wiv d MOPO?
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2009
All those things really made Ife interesting.
I can't recall what caused the 2004 aluta but I think it was a struggle for the reinstatement of some expelled union leaders like Dr 3As, Abbass Hassan(speaker) etc. President Hemhem was accused of running away from the struggle.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by gatarca(m): 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2009
OAU,     hmmmmmm, Alma Mata!!!

i love that school dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

men, but e no easy o, if u no sbi read like mad man o u aren't lucky to be in a department where you can expos, then forget it o

2002-2007 no b beans out of my life o,
i have noticed that nayon who has ever attended OAU is always emotionally attached to the school, what is it about the school sef?
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by tibidokun: 2:34am On Mar 15, 2009
pls can any great
ife student tell me the meaning of arooooooooooooooo
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by soulamanne(m): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2009
i was in that great school btw may 2003 and dec 2007 + exracool jun 2008!(normally it was meant to be sep 2002 to jun 2006)
unlike pple like jarus who grad with firstclass(any 1st class in dat school is not a human being) i didnt ve the best of academic time.i be whitehouse boy and they turned me to jellyfish upon all the thing i know.u all know how it is in ife now

but i still love ife for all the pains sha.the nos 1 thig that freaks me is the confidence it gives.u ca never feel intimidated anywhere.who won buga u?
i met pple.i stayed in angola(G3),faj where i was known as the nos 1 man.u fan.we talked football at the upper buttery with passion.wheneva i cast my mind back to my days at ife except for the tsunami and whitehouse sufferin.it was fun.i ead most times in faj cafe and ve met pple who we ve exchanged greetins by just sayin great ife.dem they everywhere

greatest ife!
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by mabanwo: 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2009
Hmmmm! I actually shed tears after reading all the gists about Great Ife, cant help it guyz. By my username, I was fin sec in angy in 2000/2001 and later deputy speaker of the union SRC in 2002. I also served as the Chairman of the elections petition comm. I experienced both good and bad times at ife, but not much regrets, i left with 1st class hons, but it was hell. I was a party to many odd/even union decisions. SUB and Block 8 at Awo hall were the places, where the faith of thousands of students were determined, no long thing, itz well,

I am presently reading for MSc in the UK, i tell you, IFE IS TRULY GREAT! I cant say much, but am sure you can feel me.

B4 I left for the UK, I visited Awo and it was tears all the way to lagos, I MISSED EVERYTHING ABOUT IFE, HOW I WISH, BUT WISHES DONT ALWAYS COME TO BE.

If you can decode, hit me on mabanwo@gmail.com. I need to hook up with my old folks: Sotade Bukina, Yewande King, Akinbo AA Konerstone, Wale Eleto, Taofik Lawal, Femi Freedom, Orunmila, Olembe Olembe, Ola Saint Jericho, Energy, Dr 3As, Ariyo Small, Tomi Ebora, U-fit, Akin Revolution, MM, Saburi and many many others, who sacrificed their precious times at the SUB so that Great Ife remains Great Ife,

DARE2STRUGLE, DARE2WIN
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 10:24am On May 25, 2009
Please where can I get 'Great Ife' car sticker in Lagos? I need to buy one.
Or is anybody in Ife coming to Lagos this or next week? You may help me get one in the university bookshop. Call me on 08061198625.

@Banwo,
My senior, how're you doing? How's UK?
Banwo kan, Ife Economics kan btw 2001-2004.
I knew you very well.You were in part 4, when I was in 2. You were arguably the most popular Economics student then.
But you tried o, combining active campus politics with your academics and still making First Class. I envied you then.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by mabanwo: 4:31pm On May 26, 2009
Sup ma guy, hook up with me via mabanwo@gmail.com
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by opiororo1(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2009
Just a baby in Ife. I'm in part 1 Accounting and i'm already beginning to enjoy the whole thing . Infact Ife is the BAM. But how come one has to read the hell out to make a good grade?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi State University 2012/2013 Admission Processing (official Page) / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK / Professor Of Philosophy Laid-in-state In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.