Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (28829 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Great Ife Students' Union Press Release On Illegal Closure Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Sent4rina: 1:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oluwatola5: Okay boss, we wish to learn more from you, reason being that we dont have stalites in this thread anymore.
It is my pleasure my sister. what do u wanna study?
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
I dnt av to compete wit anybody wen i get to skul, i'm dere for 1st class nt competitions, remember lyf is nt a race, if it were a race, Wole Soyinka shud b more powerful dan Aliko Dangote, chee u grab?? Infact dat go to skul wit d mindset of competition get frustrated at last, go nd enjoy public admin, dnt study it.
Sent_4rina:
U WILL UNDERSTAND WAT I MEANT BY COMPETITION WEN U FIND URSELF AMIST OF GENIUSES ON CAMPUS.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
Afolabi6046: Jeeez!! Tola do u knw wat it means to be a first class graduate?? Infact itz surprising diz is cuming frm sum1 i call a prof, 'first class students who knw nxt to notin', for where? Abi u tink itz a secondary skul.
Let me explain this to you, some 2:1 students are actually better than a first class student, the way you see first class is not they way it is most times. There are school where making a first class is easy, you attendance in class carries more marks than your exams, tests and all. Unlike in some schools where your attendance will only reflect by luck in your accumulated CGPA. Now back to what you said, my dad never made a first class, he attended OAU while it was still UniIfe, and back then, their lecturers were strict fellows, talking about the likes of Prof. Soyinka who will never give you sound scores no matter how you did excellently then. My dad is very sound still, and being that he is highly exposed now, when he meets so many ''glorified first class'' students, he shakes his head at the education sector, he will tell you that education is losing its fertile ground because some schools are just watering down they real worth and meaning of first class. You may not understand now, but time will tell.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sent_4rina:
It is my pleasure my sister. what do u wanna study?
Education and English Language.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oluwatola5: Let me explain this to you, some 2:1 students are actually better than a first class student, the way you see first class is not they way it is most times. There are school where making a first class is easy, you attendance in class carries more marks than your exams, tests and all. Unlike in some schools where your attendance will only reflect by luck in your accumulated CGPA. Now back to what you said, my dad never made a first class, he attended OAU while it was still UniIfe, and back then, their lecturers were strict fellows, talking about the likes of Prof. Soyinka who will never give you sound scores no matter how you did excellently then. My dad is very sound still, and being that he is highly exposed now, when he meets so many ''glorified first class'' students, he shakes his head at the education sector, he will tell you that education is losing its fertile ground because some schools are just watering down they real worth and meaning of first class. You may not understand now, but time will tell.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
Afolabi6046: I dnt av to compete wit anybody wen i get to skul, i'm dere for 1st class nt competitions, remember lyf is nt a race, if it were a race, Wole Soyinka shud b more powerful dan Aliko Dangote, chee u grab?? Infact dat go to skul wit d mindset of competition get frustrated at last, go nd enjoy public admin, dnt study it.
I get your point, here we have two different ideologies. Like EmekaKelvin said, some healthy competitions spur you to work on your lapses. Am telling you, when you get to Ife, the spirit to compete will be in you, not in the bad sense of seeing someone as your running mate oo, but when you see your co-students working day and night, you sure wouldnt lie down on the bed and sleep. It isnt the competition you are imagining. It is like something spurring you to never forget what you came for. I have heard about a story of two guys who finished from Ife at the same time, the saw each other as competitors that as one travelled out to further where he broke new records, the other guy travelled abroad too to further and also he broke new records. I dont like beefs, but a bit of competition to work on myself and to learn from those better than you, i mean your fellow students is no bad idea to me. Aliko Dangote himself will have some people he wouldnt want to meet him in terms of wealth, so he keeps using his brain to remain on top. Never forget this Afolabi.....
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
U diz tola of a gal ehn, *smiles*, i'm ready for tho. Let me get diz sinked into ur heart, 1st class isnt easy to make anywhere o, where did u hear of d class attendance ish(big tym lie, rowo nw). Nd concerning d issue of being spurred ehn, dat one na lie, i dnt av to die in reading rums b4 i bcum successful, infact ur own definition of success myt mean dat of failure to me, datz wat i lyk abt UI, u dnt av to get lean b4 u pass ur exams dere, infact dier students mustn't leave hostels afta 12am, d tym dey take for exams is long enuf to prepare well nt lyk OAU dat u ar given d impression dat u must read ur heads out b4 u succeed. Infact exam tym isn't d tym to start reading nw. Hup u get? Prepare well 4 2nyt o
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Afolabi6046: U diz tola of a gal ehn, *smiles*, i'm ready for tho. Let me get diz sinked into ur heart, 1st class isnt easy to make anywhere o, where did u hear of d class attendance ish(big tym lie, rowo nw). Nd concerning d issue of being spurred ehn, dat one na lie, i dnt av to die in reading rums b4 i bcum successful, infact ur own definition of success myt mean dat of failure to me, datz wat i lyk abt UI, u dnt av to get lean b4 u pass ur exams dere, infact dier students mustn't leave hostels afta 12am, d tym dey take for exams is long enuf to prepare well nt lyk OAU dat u ar given d impression dat u must read ur heads out b4 u succeed. Infact exam tym isn't d tym to start reading nw. Hup u get? Prepare well 4 2nyt o
You know what? I give up, believe what you think. And about the attendance ish, get friends in some private schools let them tell you how it is done, i deal with facts. I dont like arguing with people like you, it will only amount to a waste of data plan.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
haba!! Diz is too harsh oo, atleast u shud av thought abt wat diz wud do d heart of ur dear Doc, i'm nt arguing either, u can't jst tell me poo nd expect me to bliv bayen. U knw wat letz wait till resumption. Plz dnt go to OAU wit d aim of being d best student in ur department, it only increases pressure nd mind u fear( courtesy of pressure )aint gud for better grades. Follow excellence nd success wud chase u pants down.....
#StraightFromMyHeart
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Sent4rina: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
Afolabi6046: haba!! Diz is too harsh oo, atleast u shud av thought abt wat diz wud do d heart of ur dear Doc, i'm nt arguing either, u can't jst tell me poo nd expect me to bliv bayen. U knw wat letz wait till resumption. Plz dnt go to OAU wit d aim of being d best student in ur department, it only increases pressure nd mind u fear( courtesy of pressure )aint gud for better grades. Follow excellence nd success wud chase u pants down.....
#StraightFromMyHeart
Do u knw why i did not reply u again? it is because u knw nothing abt UNI. Thank God u will soon resume, den u will understand everytin..
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by muyeskin(m): 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Just passing by
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Aliciakeys(f): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Do not miss the 1st NL interschool debate, you would not want to be gisted, come experience the fun, clash of writers, orators and debaters... Be there from the very beginning up to the end.. Click the flick and join the train via www.nairaland.com/1499392/nairaland-interschool-debate-planning-thread/
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 02, 2013
Ehn ehn, buh i knw dat u gain admixn into a uni, u've got to sit for jamb, dat one is enuf nw
Sent_4rina:
Do u knw why i did not reply u again? it is because u knw nothing abt UNI. Thank God u will soon resume, den u will understand everytin..
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 4:38am On Nov 02, 2013
Afolabi6046: haba!! Diz is too harsh oo, atleast u shud av thought abt wat diz wud do d heart of ur dear Doc, i'm nt arguing either, u can't jst tell me poo nd expect me to bliv bayen. U knw wat letz wait till resumption. Plz dnt go to OAU wit d aim of being d best student in ur department, it only increases pressure nd mind u fear( courtesy of pressure )aint gud for better grades. Follow excellence nd success wud chase u pants down.....
#StraightFromMyHeart
Oops!!! Am sorry if i sounded too harsh, it was just a stream of my emotions i poured out there.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 4:40am On Nov 02, 2013
muyeskin: Just passing by
Big bro, please stay with us but a while, you finished from Ife
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ayoyori(m): 7:35am On Nov 02, 2013
Oluwatola5: Let me explain this to you, some 2:1 students are actually better than a first class student, the way you see first class is not they way it is most times. There are school where making a first class is easy, you attendance in class carries more marks than your exams, tests and all. Unlike in some schools where your attendance will only reflect by luck in your accumulated CGPA. Now back to what you said, my dad never made a first class, he attended OAU while it was still UniIfe, and back then, their lecturers were strict fellows, talking about the likes of Prof. Soyinka who will never give you sound scores no matter how you did excellently then. My dad is very sound still, and being that he is highly exposed now, when he meets so many ''glorified first class'' students, he shakes his head at the education sector, he will tell you that education is losing its fertile ground because some schools are just watering down they real worth and meaning of first class. You may not understand now, but time will tell.
watsup pipz.m nw 2 ds thread bt 4wm wat i cn c u guyz re tryin 2 raise d dead thread.lol.oluwatola u re in d admission thread na.
well abt d 1st class issue i tnk tz d priv uniz aka commercial uniz dat av bastardized it.dy churn out 1st class lyk no mAn's biz.dy cud giv all der students a 1st class all in d name of publicity. may God hlp us. I am Yorisola, a 100level law student in the greatest uni in Nigeria, OAU.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 7:49am On Nov 02, 2013
ayoyori: watsup pipz.m nw 2 ds thread bt 4wm wat i cn c u guyz re tryin 2 raise d dead thread.lol.oluwatola u re in d admission thread na.
well abt d 1st class issue i tnk tz d priv uniz aka commercial uniz dat av bastardized it.dy churn out 1st class lyk no mAn's biz.dy cud giv all der students a 1st class all in d name of publicity. may God hlp us. I am Yorisola, a 100level law student in the greatest uni in Nigeria, OAU.
Bro you deserve a medal for this, you just hit the nail on the head gbam!!!!.......i am also of the same opinion with you too......I am actually in the admission thread like you stated.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by JudeP(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2013
The 2nd edition of nairalands inter-school debate is here again.this debate is for all students in tertiary institutions in Nig.visit http://www.nairaland.com?1499392/nairaland-interschool-debate-planning-thread/2 for more updates.we need at least 3 representatives from this school.Great Ife..
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ayoyori(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2013
nyc work tryin 2 kip ds thread alive.plz dnt let it die.d pipz wu started ds thread must av poppd 4 kidz by nw.lol......oluwatola wat curx did u put in 4
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
ayoyori: nyc work tryin 2 kip ds thread alive.plz dnt let it die.d pipz wu started ds thread must av poppd 4 kidz by nw.lol......oluwatola wat curx did u put in 4
Education and English Language.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
Haba!! Dude diz is actually too bad, we ar talking abt 1st class here, 1st class isnt easy anywhere
ayoyori: watsup pipz.m nw 2 ds thread bt 4wm wat i cn c u guyz re tryin 2 raise d dead thread.lol.oluwatola u re in d admission thread na.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ayoyori(m): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2013
Afolabi6046: Haba!! Dude diz is actually too bad, we ar talking abt 1st class here, 1st class isnt easy anywhere
boss i totally agree wt u.in public uniz lyk OAU u av 2 read lyk u ve neva prayed b4 nd pray lyk u av neva read b4 nd dn u shud gt ur 1st class.datz no eazy job my gud man.in d priv uniz alxo.u av 2 pay 1million per session nd a 1st klass z urz.datz alxo nt eazy mate.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 02, 2013
JESU CHRISTUS!! Abeg where u get diz poo sire, hup u knw Unilorin made 41 1st class students lst session, apparently higher dan dose made in BABCOCK lst session, so wat ar u saying bro.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
I hup u knw graduates 4rm P-skuls get job faster dan d so called public skul graduates, i hup u knw dat BABCOCK's law made top ten diz yr while UI(first nd d best indeed) neva did, gone ar d days wen u take P-skuls for poo bro, wake up. Buh wait oo, na lawyer i dey talk to baa...
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ayoyori(m): 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Afolabi6046: I hup u knw graduates 4rm P-skuls get job faster dan d so called public skul graduates, i hup u knw dat BABCOCK's law made top ten diz yr while UI(first nd d best indeed) neva did, gone ar d days wen u take P-skuls for poo bro, wake up. Buh wait oo, na lawyer i dey talk to baa...
top 10 in wat.based on wuz rankin.av u sin d latest uni rankinsdo u knw dat no priv uni z among top 15.nw u say priv uniz re nt "poo".i m yet 2 c any priv uni rank among d elite universities in any rankin.dnt u even tnk of bringin babcock's law.wn did dy start offerin law az a curx der.
many priv uniz cnt even fill up der admission quota.hence under population.i wonda aw dat hlps competition.
u say babcock z rankin among d top 10 bla bla in law.aw abt over all.wer re dy..priv uniz z jxt a plot by d rich 2 take education away 4wm d grasp of d poor man.jxt a plot by d rich 2 kill public edu nd enrich demselves cz datz all dy cn tnk abt......demselves
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
Afolabi6046: I hup u knw graduates 4rm P-skuls get job faster dan d so called public skul graduates, i hup u knw dat BABCOCK's law made top ten diz yr while UI(first nd d best indeed) neva did, gone ar d days wen u take P-skuls for poo bro, wake up. Buh wait oo, na lawyer i dey talk to baa...
Why wont they get jobs faster when their parents are movers and shakers of the world. They just go to school just for the aim of getting a certificate. Even if they study zoology, they can work in a bank. You have to get some things right bro.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
ayoyori: top 10 in wat.based on wuz rankin.av u sin d latest uni rankinsdo u knw dat no priv uni z among top 15.nw u say priv uniz re nt "poo".i m yet 2 c any priv uni rank among d elite universities in any rankin.dnt u even tnk of bringin babcock's law.wn did dy start offerin law az a curx der.
many priv uniz cnt even fill up der admission quota.hence under population.i wonda aw dat hlps competition.
u say babcock z rankin among d top 10 bla bla in law.aw abt over all.wer re dy..priv uniz z jxt a plot by d rich 2 take education away 4wm d grasp of d poor man.jxt a plot by d rich 2 kill public edu nd enrich demselves cz datz all dy cn tnk abt......demselves
Even in Convenant that is regarded as one of the best private universities is yet to offer medicine, so what are we talking about here
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Oluwatola5(f): 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
ayoyori: boss i totally agree wt u.in public uniz lyk OAU u av 2 read lyk u ve neva prayed b4 nd pray lyk u av neva read b4 nd dn u shud gt ur 1st class.datz no eazy job my gud man.in d priv uniz alxo.u av 2 pay 1million per session nd a 1st klass z urz.datz alxo nt eazy mate.
Lolzzzz.......boss you be comedian oooo gringringringringringringrin
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 04, 2013
U beta dnt say wat u dnt knw tola, do u tink medicine is dat easy to start, u've got to get a standard teaching hospital b4 u start medicine nw, i doubt if covenant isn't doing medicine tho buh i knw bowen nd babcock offer it.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 04, 2013
Tola watz d essence of finishing skul without getting a job, infact i knw of an MSc. holder of econs of great ife dat hasn't gotten job yet for over 7yrs nw, nd i knw of jst a BSc. holder of nursing science of babcock datz working in an hospital at abuja nw wit gud pay even b4 NYSC, so wat ar we saying. U also said sumtin absurd, haba!! Hw can a zoologist work in a bank? Is he going dere to work on animals.
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 04, 2013
U guys shudn't get blinded by d love u've got for diz public skuls(imagine spending 9yrs at skul for a 6yrs course). P-skuls ar getting beta, infact d diff btwn dem nd public skuls aren't much anylonger. Sebi we ar taught d same tin wat makes us diff, infact dey ar well taught dan us, abi can u compare OAU's LTs, labs, libraries, hostels, reading rums etc. to dat of CU(for where??). Infact d ratio of students to lecturers is vewi appreciable, get my point dudes. 1st class na 1st class oo
Re: OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! by ayoyori(m): 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
despite d fact dat public skulz re hamperd by poor fundin nd eternal stryks priv uniz cnt still compete.....datz pathetic.......yo afolabi nd tola wud lyk 2 meet u guyz. 07087391461 z d numba on watsapp nd my bbm pin z 74E63718.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher In Lagos Forces Her Pupil To Brush Teeth With Sand As Punishment / 4 Universities Approved To Run E-learning Degree Programmes In Nigeria / NOUN GST 107/707/807 (Good Study Guide) Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.