Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. (36656 Views)

Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos) / Tribunal Sacks Darius Ishaku, Declares Aisha Jumai Alhassanā€Ž Winner / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
News reaching me from my homestate is that The PDP has an Excellent case to upturn the Governorship Tribunal's judgement at the court of appeal because Aisha's Petition was NOT ABOUT MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY which the court based it's judgement on but ON FAIRNESS OF THE ELECTION.

THE PETITIONER SUBMITTED A PETITION ON THE CREDIBILITY OF THE ELECTIONS AND NOT ON MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY!

The tribunal delivered a completely different judgement on a non-existent application!

CC: tonyebarcanista and all legal practitioners in the house... Is this True?

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by dustmalik: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
grin grin nonsense, as usual

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2015
dustmalik:
grin grin nonsense, as usual
Furck off this thread! I need sane people with good replies on my threads please... Not your ilk! Thanks!

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
News from my homestate reaching me is that The PDP has an Excellent case to upturn the Governorship Tribunal's judgement at the court of appeal because Aisha Petition was NOT ABOUT MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY which the court based it's judgement on but ON THE RESULTS OF THE ELECTION.

THE PETITIONER SUBMITTED A PETITION ON THE CREDIBILITY OF THE ELECTIONS AND NOT ON MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY!

The tribunal delivered a completely different judgement on a non-existent application!

How can election be credible when the winner wasn't eligible

104 Likes

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by daniska3yaro(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
IyaIode:

How can election be credible when the winner wasn't eligible
I didn't say the election was credible but that the eligibility of one of the respondents wasn't contained in the petitioners application... and courts work on the contents of an application right?

36 Likes

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by spidey77: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
Till date, buhari has not produced his certificate...just looking at eligibility and results tho

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Dannyset(m): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahaha! I dey laff oooo! How does this sound to you Mr OP?

10 Likes

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Mogidi: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
Danladi Abubakar, chairman of the tribunal, declared Alhassan winner of the April 11 governorship election on the grounds that Ishaku did not emerge candidate of the PDP in a proper primary election.

Above was the reason given, seems APC had it all mapped out. Am however optimistic the court of appeal will overturn this judgement that reeks of fraud.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dannyset:
Hahahahahahahahahaha! I dey laff oooo!
How does this sound to you Mr OP?
read it again bro! And stop being partisan!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by eleko1: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
Wailers.nuisance.com.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mogidi:

Above was the reason given, seems APC had it all mapped out. Am however optimistic the court of appeal will overturn this judgement that reeks of fraud.
hopefully! I hear the Governor wasnt even ruffled! He went on with his stuff in the state..... The Premature celebration on Nairaland wasn't even started by people on ground but by our brothers in the south west..... seeing they dominate Nairaland! grin grin

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by MizMyColi(f): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2015

As a matter of personal sentiment and intuition, I don't like Mama Taraba. She's got more bad press and word of mouth.
I smell foulplay on the part of APC.

TY Danjuma and co share in the blame of this outcome if they truly locked out party delegates during the primaries, thereby preventing the presentation of a consensus candidate.

PDP stalwarts should have been the ones crying to high heavens over the ineligibility of Ishaku.

Taraba is a PDP state, and the grounds on which the election was nullified is somewhat watery...

We'll see how that pans out at the COA.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Mogidi: 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
hopefully! I hear the Governor wasnt even ruffled! He went on with his stuff in the state..... The Premature celebration on Nairaland wasn't even started by people on ground but by our brothers in the south west..... seeing they dominate Nairaland! grin grin

I don't think the governor needs to be ruffled at all. Its on record INEC accepted the PDP's candidate, only the appeal court could decide this case.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by MizMyColi(f): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
If you look at the Taraba Tribunal live updates thread, you'll see that even APC folks didn't quite expect the turnout in favour of Alhassan as witnessed today.

Despite the crowd Jimi pulled in Lagos, it would have been a miracle to see him win.
How much more someone who's squarely hated in Taraba.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by themilanway(m): 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
PDP and corruption is so inter woven.

So in the 1st instance,Ishiaku had no business contesting in the april election?

This is unbelieveable

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Okanokan(m): 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
PRYCE:
News from my homestate reaching me is that The PDP has an Excellent case to upturn the Governorship Tribunal's judgement at the court of appeal because Aisha Petition was NOT ABOUT MR DARIUS' ELIGIBILITY which the court based it's judgement on but ON THE RESULTS OF THE ELECTION.

The issue of eligibility was it intra or inter party or a general breach of the constitution and or electoral Act. We need to get the major highlight of the judgement for us to comment. However one major issue i av noticed in our dear NAIRALAND is that the woman in question has already been declared FIRST FEMALE GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA, has she been sworn in already?

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by MizMyColi(f): 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mogidi:

I don't think the governor needs to be ruffled at all. Its on record INEC accepted the PDP's candidate, only the appeal court could decide this case.

True talk.
Now that I think of it...

If INEC considered his emergence as fraudulent, why did they go ahead to print his name and picture for people to thumbprint, why did they even bother with giving him a certificate of return.

The fault lies with INEC who did not follow the electoral act to the later.

But then again, it is what it is.
#CorruptionConfirmed

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by tuniski: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
Fraud! Apc wants to steal the peoples mandate in a clearly PDP state.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

True talk.

If INEC considered his emergence as fraudulent, why did they go ahead to print his name and picture for people to thumbprint, why did they even bother with giving him a certificate of return.

#CorruptionConfirmed
Another Point!

Even The APC counsel was surprised by this judgement!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Mogidi: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

True talk.

#CorruptionConfirmed

I remember GEJ presenting Ishiaku as PDP's candidate, if the tribunal says Ishiaku was not PDP's candidate who then was our candidate?
The tribunal chairman was obviously following a script.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by kokoA(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
Okay. Let him go and see.
Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by MizMyColi(f): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
The following are excerpts from a leaked document showing how the APC intends to dominate Nigeria ahead of 2019 as downloaded from http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/2021-leaked-documents-shows-how-apc-plotted-wike-s-others-downfall.

To think that this is the same party that people are willing to kill for?
To think that this is the same party that is filled with saints who are incapable of stealing, corruption and black blackmail?

Well, I joyously and happily welcome Nigerians to Changegrin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3031477_9059747518578882526435186485401777417618o_jpeg31cb88a9d54f7288e3cd5dc3f40a1578

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3031478_121827517518584149192575376428453879400722o_jpeg74ecc5646b1351f244f71785b6690aa6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3031479_120314947518582915859363327194604662464361o_jpegf6d0aeff13ada535f023499b253c9a28

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Mogidi: 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
Who gave election tribunals jurisdiction in intra party affairs, definitely not the Nigerian constitution.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Dannyset(m): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mogidi:

I remember GEJ presenting Ishiaku as PDP's candidate, if the tribunal says Ishiaku was not PDP's candidate who then was our candidate?
The tribunal chairman was obviously following a script.
The Tribunal never said he wasn't PDP candidate. It said he wasn't properly elected as PDP candidate in the primaries. The primaries was done outside the State, which is against the Electoral Act. Which means he was even ineligible in the first place.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mogidi:
Who gave election tribunals jurisdiction in intra party affairs, definitely not the Nigerian constitution.
Good! This is a PDP affair! Election Tribunals have no jurisdiction on Intra-party affairs!

I know the APC counsel will be like... 'Ah Ah but this was not the application I filed now'... grin

So please NL Members! The case is now pending at the COA with enough grounds to upturn this devlish judgement! Abegi simmer down the celebration! Even Mrs Al-Hassan who's a lawyer herself knows it's not yet time to pop the poppables!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by Mogidi: 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dannyset:

The Tribunal never said he wasn't PDP candidate. It said he wasn't properly elected as PDP candidate in the primaries. The primaries was done outside the State, which is against the Electoral Act. Which means he was even ineligible in the first place.

Who gave election tribunals jurisdiction over intra party affairs?

11 Likes

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by PRYCE(m): 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
Dannyset:

It was done outside the state just like today's judgement.

If carrying out an election(primaries) outside the state was an act of fraud, INEC led by the "incorruptible " Jega would have rejected darius' emergence!....Plus the tribunals have no jurisdiction on Intra-party party affairs!

Even you know this judgement reeks of reversed sincerity!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by MizMyColi(f): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
This tweet was made long before the tribunal delivered judgement.
Clearly, they were acting a script.

I wholeheartedly welcome Nigerians to change.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Turns Out Gov. Darius Ishaku Has A Good Case At The Court Of APPEAL. by MizMyColi(f): 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Assassinate Chief Abiodun Folarin In Ogun / Akeredolu Takes To The Streets In Owo To Celebrate His Victory / Terrorists Release Train Passenger Shot In Captivity, Four Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.