Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution (2515 Views)

LASTMA Official Seen Using Sugarcane Instead Of 'kondo" / Biafra: Instead Of Locking Kanu Up,do Business With Him,catholic Bishop Tells Fg / Why Are Nigerians More Concerned About Radio Biafra Instead Of Boko Haram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution by mensdept: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2015
explorer250:
Why pursue biafra instead of national revolution as the chinese did?
This country belongs to the youth and we can take power from our leaders and decide on how to govern ourselves
NIGERIAN YOUTHS WAKE UP

You say the "chinese" right? Tell me what "Nigeria" means, and who gave that name and why. Then you will know why a revolution is regional, reflecting natural regional ethnic/religious affinity.
Re: Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution by QuotaSystem: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2015
Keep deceiving yourself.

cocoduck:
Support Biafra agitation... it would force them back to negotiation table to either do the right thing(fiscal federalism cum resource control) or lose parts of the Nigeria to secession...
Re: Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution by ojaydedon(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
new2020:
A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle.

Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The yoruba friend replied: you can't be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don't you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo.

nice comment
Re: Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution by explorer250(m): 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
ikechu1278:

We don't share a country with Una anymore. How many times do we have to say this sh1t? You ppl fit everyone description the racist, neo Nazi, whites have for black ppl. You nigg@s are backwards, unproductive, disgrace to the black race. A nation despite having an abudance of resources can barely feed itself, limited drinking water, roads f2ked, a government that even a high school president in high school is more diplomatic and actually understand government better, a nation filled with tribalist and ritualist. A nation so terrible that the youth have to result to either begging or criminal sh1ts just to survive while the rich eat like kings. I can go on but the more I'm pissed off that asaba was cursed by someone hence we are in that savage nation. #spits on the floor
nwane m iwe gi adila oku. A bu m nwafor igbo dika gi.
Re: Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution by Anaskie(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
new2020:
A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle.

Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.

The yoruba friend replied: you can't be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don't you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
Wow. This comment really got to me. The system has really been unfair to the South/East, South/South.

Sadly, nothing is being done to address these issues.
Re: Why Pursue Biafra Instead Of National Revolution by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2015
my brothers u people dont know what you are doing o...
Biafra is not the way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Early Results Bayelsa Governorship Elections~sahara Reporters / "Goodluck Jonathan Once Wrote CBN To Give Someone N40billion" - President Buhari / OH! IBADAN Home Of Many Firsts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.