Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:03 AM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (68693 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by redcliff: 3:00am On Nov 08, 2015
magicminister:

With due respect, I think your comment is quite ignorant.
Doctors, nurses and pharmacist and other health practioners desrve every penny they get and even more.
What is 130k compared to the number of patients you see and tend to in a day??

All corpers should be treated equal.. simple!

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by redcliff: 3:03am On Nov 08, 2015
menix:

Abeg make una Contribute 'Likes' so that i can buy this ewu sense...

You are even more silly than him
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by October1960: 3:05am On Nov 08, 2015
Especially all those Northern states. Risking one's wellbeing for peanuts. Meanwhile the corrupt government officials and politicians that got us in this mess are overpaid massively.

Really best to avoid NYSC go and start your own business while young and don't waste time working for someone.

lomaxx:
NYSC should be made optional. There are better things to do with one year than suffer for monthly peanuts of 15 k
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by d33types: 3:05am On Nov 08, 2015
redcliff:

All corpers should be treated equal.. simple!

But wait o.don't some engineers get to receive upto 80k depending on where they're placed? Dude,some corpers have gone offshore for service and I know one..you expect him to take the risk and be paid allawee too grin grin
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Goridoe(m): 3:06am On Nov 08, 2015
ipledge10:
we are talking serious matter her

hahaha bro, why evuls nah grin
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Badgers14: 3:12am On Nov 08, 2015
And a so called "pastor" mrs got the nerve to sign that letter.. Bunch of hypocrites angry sad

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 3:21am On Nov 08, 2015
BigBenoski:
You guys should also understand that ebonyi state doesn't have a lot of money right now, and this is NYSC..they are supposed to be volunteering .. Wait a minute, you mean these people were actually paid 130k monthly WTF!! How much were the engineers and other corps members paid?? If I be the governor, I go pay everybody 15k flat. When they are done with NYSC and get a job of their choice, they can then negotiate whatever pay they want. Nawa o
Didn't know they earn/earned so much as corpers. But the slash is so much. Too bad anyways.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by menix(m): 3:23am On Nov 08, 2015
redcliff:

You are even more silly than him

Then ur Fada is the most Silly of us..

Dont blame you, u re behind ur phone typing shit no man in ur family can drop at my door step..
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Billygee2u: 3:37am On Nov 08, 2015
misspresident:
if this news is true, then this is rubbish. what is wrong with this country for heaven sake?
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Lucasbalo(m): 3:42am On Nov 08, 2015
lomaxx:
NYSC should be made optional. There are better things to do with one year than suffer for monthly peanuts of 15 k
Gbam. The thing should be scrapped.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by jayriginal: 4:00am On Nov 08, 2015
Its called National Youth Service Corps and the emphasis is on service. While I understand the angst of medical personnel, I wonder if they think they are more special than other professions who are receiving 5k.

In my time they paid doctors more but only as incentives to work in remote areas where they are needed.

10 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ipreach: 4:17am On Nov 08, 2015
Change is here
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by ipreach: 4:19am On Nov 08, 2015
''Change'' is here

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 08, 2015
d33types:

Feel free to express youself sir. To get to that position ,medical school is officially 6 yrs (8 in my case without extra years)then 1year intense housemanship in which payment is not less than 170k in most places.
Thats 9yrs in most schools in Nigeria or officially 7years..Guy nor be same school una go abeg..

Well ..like Kermit,,none of my beeswax.. Private practice will fetch more than that 130k..
Heck ,with an extra dev job,,nothing less than 400k total monthly.. No need killing oneself for unappreciative folks .I'd rather have sleepless nights on my android studio console than people shouting on my neck.
Meanwhile, most graduates are unemployable and they're still hating and making noise instead of taking advantage of the internet for training..
do u tink all medical doctors are employable? no b cus say una spend extra years for skul no mean say all doctors are employable. av had an experience wit one nonsense doc in a private hospital. my guy forget say na seven years, for ur field I b apprentice, for my field I b prof and vice versa.so wats so special abt dis medicine self.oga na same skul we go jst as my own b btech, una gt una own cert.so oga chill.dat vast too much abeg or mke dem carry our own go close small una no gt two heads

10 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Leopantro: 4:36am On Nov 08, 2015
Imagine traveling through Ebonyi state and you have an accident or as a pregnant woman you feel the baby coming. You are rushed to a hospital where an NYSC doctor or nurse works. Because of the poor salary he /she only works Monday to Friday, 9am to 2pm after which he looks for other jobs to do to cater to his needs. You get to the hospital and no doctor or nurse to treat you. Do you
A. Blame the Nigerian doctor or nurse, who should be giving free services to his country, after all he is been paid for it?
B. Blame the politicians who collect the money that should be paid to the medical personnels and travel abroad to treat his family?

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by unmask: 4:37am On Nov 08, 2015
It seems our doctors in Nigeria have a wrong mindset, that is why they would ask for initial deposit from someone that could die if not treated in say thirty minutes.

As a doctor you signed up to be a life saver not a money chaser. So if your response to a salary cut is patients will suffer, then you are obviously in the wrong profession

11 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by nenyibabs: 4:40am On Nov 08, 2015
jayriginal:
Its called National Youth Service Corps and the emphasis is on service. While I understand the angst of medical personnel, I wonder if they think they are more special than other professions who are receiving 5k.

In my time they paid doctors more but only as incentives to work in remote areas where they are needed.

To be honest, no. It's not an incentive, it is their pay. You probably didn't get to know details. Doctors, Pharmacists, Med Lab scientists are on a salary structure from the time they graduate, when they do the mandatory 1yr internship: conmess for doctors, conhess for others. They are not on the regular civil service salary structure, theirs is peculiar. The pay is structured : there is a basic salary, which every corper gets, then they get paid call duty allowance, because when others work and go home, they are on duty. They get a hazard allowance cos of the risk of infection and stuff (remember Adadevoh?). Etc etc. It's mandated by law, and even in private practice the pay is broken down like this as well.

Now, I'm looking at 15k. Is that supposed to be call allowance, or basic, or... what exactly, it has to be specified. What most people do, is to remove or slash the basic, and keep the allowances as per the salary structure. The emollument is stated by law and enshrined in the public service Gazette or whatever it is called.

Well, it's up to the corpers involved Sha, but I don't know any health worker who does not consider nysc a demotion after the one yr internship. I wouldn't stay, if it was me. I remember when I served in 04, and I was placed on the wrong salary scale in nasarawa state then. I out rightly refused it. I went to the directorate in Abuja, got a copy of the Gazette, and wrote the management, telling them to correct my placement or officially reject me so I could seek reposting. It was finally rectified after 2months and I got my arrears, though I was branded a greedy igbo girl. Even in 04,my call duty allowance as a Pharmacist was more than the 15k self.

My point is this: if someone is entitled to something by law, let them have it. It's not wrong for someone to ask for what is due to them. If there is going to be a downward review, I don't expect it to go beyond 100, cos I don't see where and where they will slash the pay from, unless the state is saying that they will only pay hazard allowance only, no call, no basic, nothing else. Let them explain details to the corpers involved and release those who don't want to stay, to go and look for their destiny elsewhere.

Anyways, not my monkey, not my circus. To each his own.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by MansaMoussa: 4:40am On Nov 08, 2015
Thank God state of deployment is now optional...let's see how many Drs will add ebony to the 3 state options of deployment..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by d33types: 4:41am On Nov 08, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
do u tink all medical doctors are employable? no b cus say una spend extra years for skul no mean say all doctors are employable. av had an experience wit one nonsense doc in a private hospital. my guy forget say na seven years, for ur field I b apprentice, for my field I b prof and vice versa.so wats so special abt dis medicine self.oga na same skul we go jst as my own b btech, una gt una own cert.so oga chill.dat vast too much abeg or mke dem carry our own go close small una no gt two heads

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 4:41am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
What sort of rubbish is this? Does this government have any sense? How would you pay a certified medical doctor 15K

cc. lalasticlala

You guys are funny! What's the craze about one being a certified medical doctor? Why should their allowance be that much while other professionals earn a meagre 19k or thereabout. Obviously, it seems like you think it's easier to be in other departments. We don't have any money to waste any longer.

Michael, hope you recall what I told you in 2010. This is the beginning of the end of the excessive prestige accorded to medical doctors. Calculate the period in which some state and federal medical professional associations have been on industrial action to see the verity of my claim.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 4:42am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:
What sort of rubbish is this? Does this government have any sense? How would you pay a certified medical doctor 15K

cc. lalasticlala

You guys are funny! What's the craze about one being a certified medical doctor? Why should their allowance be that much while other professionals earn a meagre 19k or thereabout. Obviously, it seems like you think it's easier to be in other departments. We don't have any money to waste any longer.

Michael, hope you recall what I told you in 2010. This is the beginning of the end of the excessive prestige accorded to medical doctors. Calculate the period in which some state and federal medical professional associations have been on industrial action to see the verity of my claim.

As for people dying, the government will no longer care at some point in time. The population is too much gan self.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 4:49am On Nov 08, 2015
nenyibabs:

To be honest, no. It's not an incentive, it is their pay. You probably didn't get to know details. Doctors, Pharmacists, Med Lab scientists are on a salary structure from the time they graduate, when they do the mandatory 1yr internship: conmess for doctors, conhess for others. They are not on the regular civil service salary structure, theirs is peculiar. The pay is structured : there is a basic salary, which every corper gets, then they get paid call duty allowance, because when others work and go home, they are on duty. They get a hazard allowance cos of the risk of infection and stuff (remember Adadevoh?). Etc etc. It's mandated by law, and even in private practice the pay is broken down like this as well.

Now, I'm looking at 15k. Is that supposed to be call allowance, or basic, or... what exactly, it has to be specified. What most people do, is to remove or slash the basic, and keep the allowances as per the salary structure. The emollument is stated by law and enshrined in the public service Gazette or whatever it is called.

Well, it's up to the corpers involved Sha, but I don't know any health worker who does not consider nysc a demotion after the one yr internship. I wouldn't stay, if it was me. I remember when I served in 04, and I was placed on the wrong salary scale in nasarawa state then. I out rightly refused it. I went to the directorate in Abuja, got a copy of the Gazette, and wrote the management, telling them to correct my placement or officially reject me so I could seek reposting. It was finally rectified after 2months and I got my arrears, though I was branded a greedy igbo girl. Even in 04,my call duty allowance as a Pharmacist was more than the 15k self.

My point is this: if someone is entitled to something by law, let them have it. It's not wrong for someone to ask for what is due to them. If there is going to be a downward review, I don't expect it to go beyond 100, cos I don't see where and where they will slash the pay from, unless the state is saying that they will only pay hazard allowance only, no call, no basic, nothing else. Let them explain details to the corpers involved and release those who don't want to stay, to go and look for their destiny elsewhere.

Anyways, not my monkey, not my circus. To each his own.

I'm afraid you are being sentimental. You think the medical profession is a difficult one because of the risk of getting infections. What about the engineering professionals, more often than not, any safety mistake can send him/her and many others into their untimely graves.

You think 15k is not enough for the call allowance of medical practitioners during their service corp but should be enough for the upkeep of a trained architect. And don't go into that joke of Medicine being more stressful and financially demanding! Ask students of Architecture, your perception will change..

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 4:58am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
They should be ready to record deaths nau..... Nonsense.... Imagine a Nurse 5k. Do you know the sleeplessnights and stress it take to be a nurse Oh no! He doesn't know..... If i were in that state, i would have worked according to the amount he paid .mtcheeew
a
What's the fuss about all these it takes sleepless nights while in school. You guys have shallow minds and have never really opened your hearts to the truth. I'm convinced its more demanding to be an architect than a burse or medical doctor. By the way, we do visit health centres and we see our poor the quality of your service has been. Little wonder Dansuki did all he could to fly abroad for his treatment!

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by omojeesu(m): 5:03am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:

cc. lalasticlala

There is nothing wrong in slashing. But to do so in this manner 130 to 15 is unreasonable! Let him slash his own by this proportion. It is wicked acts like this that's the lot of crooked Nigerian politicians and their cohort administrators.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by oyeezah(f): 5:05am On Nov 08, 2015
:owat is an adult supposed to d wt 5k or even 15k in dis hard times?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 08, 2015
psychologist:
Engineering corpers will be like

Nice development

Why should they be earning outrageous and ridiculous
amount of money compared to others.

I earned 7k monthly too 4 years ago when I served
there.
It has always been unfair.

Thank God for 'chanji'

Sai Buhari
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by awesome11(m): 5:08am On Nov 08, 2015
pet4ril:
They should be ready to record deaths nau..... Nonsense.... Imagine a Nurse 5k. Do you know the sleeplessnights and stress it take to be a nurse Oh no! He doesn't know..... If i were in that state, i would have worked according to the amount he paid .mtcheeew

That's unsurprising. The medical professional will continually see its prestige wane; as not as you are not ready to truly serve humanity. It seems you guys are only crazy about the financial benefits attached to the profession.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Goldencollins: 5:08am On Nov 08, 2015
BigBenoski:
You guys should also understand that ebonyi state doesn't have a lot of money right now, and this is NYSC..they are supposed to be volunteering .. Wait a minute, you mean these people were actually paid 130k monthly WTF!! How much were the engineers and other corps members paid?? If I be the governor, I go pay everybody 15k flat. When they are done with NYSC and get a job of their choice, they can then negotiate whatever pay they want. Nawa o

empty brain.......you think its easy to go through the medical college for 8yrs and graduate as a medical doctor.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by david22uu(m): 5:09am On Nov 08, 2015
homesteady:

cc. lalasticlala

OGA doctor and Banker go d same school abeg...
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 08, 2015
magicminister:

With due respect, I think your comment is quite ignorant.
Doctors, nurses and pharmacist and other health practioners desrve every penny they get and even more.
What is 130k compared to the number of patients you see and tend to in a day??

Your comment is senseless
Why should a corper doctors earn 130k while a corper teacher earn 10k?

Mumu

God bless this initiative tongue

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by bashydemy(m): 5:15am On Nov 08, 2015
PDP has bad agenda...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Dwarf Corper Leads Parade, Wows Other Corpers (Video) / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.