Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (369684 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
brocab:
Who is themall anyway. The JW's may not like you-who cares-neither does their father Satan like you.
But in God's eye's you belong to us, and we belong to Christ.

true bro, they are just taking after him

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
More facts people should know about the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect.

false jw say that Jesus returned in 1914

Watchtower:
"The year 1914, therefore, marks the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of glory." Watchtower 1933 Dec 1 p.362

Yet Jesus judgments haven't yet taken place which Jesus said would happen at His second coming

Rev 22:11  He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 
Rev_22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire
Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death

The World never got their reward in 1914, whether good or bad.

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Everyone will see Jesus when He returns, He does not come invisibly
as false jw said He did in 1914

Mat_24:27  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

verse 12, Jesus comes quickly,
verse 27, Jesus comes like lightning

to give every man his reward according to their work,
to those who had faith in Him, bodily redemption
and to those who denied Him, destruction.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
Then I will ask themall myself-Calling themall did you have that gay moment when you had decided to love Johnw74?
johnw74:

smiley shudder to think
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:18am On Jan 08, 2017

false jw say the Word Jesus Christ is not God, the Holy Spirit is not God

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 
Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Psa 33:6  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him(the Word); and without him(the Word) was not any thing made that was made.

God created = the Spirit of God moved = by the word of the LORD = by His breath(Spirit) = him(the Word)
The Word of God is the Spirit of God, He is the Holy Spirit

God(Father and Son) is a Spirit
Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God and the Word is the Holy Spirit
Joh_14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

God and the Word is God
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:15am On Jan 09, 2017

false jw don't believe that Jesus Christ was physically resurrected

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved

faslse jw do not believe that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead, they are not saved

what can be raised other than the body, not the spirit, the spirit does not go to the grave but goes back to God who gave it.

Ecc_12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ecc 3:21  Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

false jw deny that Jesus was raised from the dead, even though only the body can die, and be raised from the grave back to life
false jw deny the Lord Jesus Christ on many matters and are of course antichrist

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
How does one find "loyalty without Jesus?
[quote author=ChristianFreedo post=51684996]2016 "REMAIN LOYAL TO JEHOVAH" REGIONAL CONVENTION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES

I just returned from the 3 days’ Regional convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses, titled, “Remain Loyal to Jehovah”. It was as expected. Talks, videos, demonstrations, interviews and experiences about loyalty,loyalty to Jehovah, the organization, the faithful and discrete slave and our brothers. But I can’t really remember talks about loyalty to Jesus and his teachings, I stand corrected, but they were much talks about loyalty to the faithful and discreet slave, which is the governing body and it's teaching.
There were examples of those who were loyal in bible times and those who were not loyal. Videos were played and replayed, it lived up to my expectations. At the end, my resolved was strengthen, to be more loyal to Jehovah, Jesus, my fellow Christians and to the truth (as can be found in the bible).

However, after all is said and done, the whole essence of the “Remain Loyal to Jehovah” convention come down to this and this alone. Be loyal/remain loyal to the organization of Jehovah’s witnesses or you are not loyal to Jehovah.

How so?

The bottom line is these, if you are a Christian and not a Jehovah’s witness, then you are not loyal to Jehovah neither are you serving him. Period!

No matter how sincere and genuine your worship to God is, no matter how morally clean and righteous you are, no matter how good you are, no matter how kind and loving you are and even if you preach daily to people about repentance toward God and faith in our lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21), no matter the Christ-like love you show and no matter how many pages of the holy scriptures you cover, no matter how morally upright you are and no matter how many prayers you offer to God and how sincere there are, as long as you are not a member of the Jehovah’s witnesses organization, you are not worshiping God and cannot be said to be loyal to Jehovah and can never survive into God’s new world. That is all, the whole essence of the convention.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
^^^
that's an interisting thread bro

https://www.nairaland.com/3504524/2016-remain-loyal-jehovah-regional#51684996

ChristianFreedo has more threads on jw here:

https://www.nairaland.com/christianfreedo

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:04am On Jan 10, 2017

false jw don't watch for Jesus Christ's return

false jw of course do not watch for Jesus Christ's return as we are told to,
false jw say He has already returned way back in 1914

when Jesus comes every eye will see Him coming in the clouds:

Rev_1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

false jw lie and say He came invisibly

Jesus Himself told us to watch for Him:

Mat_24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Mat_25:13  Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh

Mar_13:35  Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

Mar_13:37  And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Christians that are watching for the Lord will escape all the end time wrath coming on this world,
and will stand before the Lord Jesus Christ:

Luk_21:36  Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1Th_5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Rev_3:3  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
"No" and lets all thank the Lord for that..
adajoe555:
Any jw here?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Yes it is interesting bro-you also have good news flying in all directions.
johnw74:

^^^
that's an interisting thread bro

https://www.nairaland.com/3504524/2016-remain-loyal-jehovah-regional#51684996

ChristianFreedo has more threads on jw here:

https://www.nairaland.com/christianfreedo

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
brocab:
"No" and lets all thank the Lord for that..

cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2017

false jw don't believe that the Word and the Holy Spirit is God

God created the World,
God and the word and the Holy spirit are seen in the first three verses of the Bible
creating the World

verse 1, God(Father) created
verse 2, the Holy Spirit moved
verse 3, God(the Word) said

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 
Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 
Gen 1:3  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2017
continued

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Psa 33:6  By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Psa 104:30  Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

John: the Word made everything that was made
Exodus: YAHWEH made heaven and earth the sea and all in them
Psalm 33:6, all the host of the heavens were made by the word of the Lord, by His Holy Spirit
Psalm 104:30, God send forth His Holy Spirit and they are created

The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit of God, duh:

Act_2:4  And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Rom_8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
^^^
The Spirit of God dwells in you, the Holy Spirit dwells in you
notice also that the Spirit of God is the Spirit of Christ

Rom_8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
^^^
You see there also, that our bodies will be raised and made alive just as Jesus body was raised and made alive(quickened), false jw say Jesus body was not resurrected, they as good as call God a liar all through the Bible

1Co_12:3  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

of course the Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit, double duh

and God is a Spirit, the Holy Spirit

Joh_4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:58am On Jan 11, 2017
The JW's must be on their Christmas holidays-even thru none claim they celebrate such a day-come out come out wherever you are?
The last I heard of Dolphinheart, was around the time he was just about to return his answer, about Isaiah's prophecy? {Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23} I was waiting for his answer' who Im-man-u-al is.
But as usual I haven't heard nor found his where about's since.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
Continued

God and the Word was God:

the Lord God and His Spirit is God:
Isa 48:16  Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

God and the Word:
Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: ....

Only God can give the Holy Spirit:
Joh 20:21  Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 
Joh 20:22  And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2017

false jw do not believe Jesus is God

https://www.nairaland.com/3571177/jesus-god-did-jesus-ever

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2017

false jw don't believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ

Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

false jw disbelieves much of the Bible

false jw don't believe Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, but say He is "a god"

1Co_8:4 Now about eating food that was offered to false gods: We know that the false gods in this world don't really exist and that no god exists except the one God.

false jw disbelieves much of the Bible

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2017
Is everyone on their Christmas holidays?
2017 and climbing, interesting Judgement had began..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
It's like a holiday here bro, with the demons not being around
cheesy

maybe they have been told again that the kingdom is near?

if that's the case, they will be back again with their bad mouths
just as soon as they realise it's just another false prophecy from
the fallen angels(demons) at their head quarters

the Kingdom is for followers of Christ, not for antichrists,
before Christians are gathered into His Barn
the tares will be bound together to be thrown into the fire

Mat 13:30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

antichrist jw's say the Lord and Saviour is "a god", in other words "a false god"
but it is fitting that false jw follow a false jesus, hence a false father

1Jn_2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Christians are led by God, the Holy Spirit

false jw are led by angels visiting their headquarters, obviously fallen angels(demons)

Rom_8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:04am On Jan 15, 2017
Try telling this to a JW-these scriptures are not even found in their bible, nor their magazines.
Judgement is now.
Believers all over the world from different denominations are being taught the wrong information-many have taken the wrong path-not listening to Jesus-but men without the Spirit of God, that preach the gospel-but their hearts are far from Him.
The end time Churches are on the raise, a New World Order had began-Non Denominational believers claiming they are Christian from religion, to cults are joining together, not in unity, not in one accord.
Claiming to know Jesus, but their hearts are far from Him-these are the day's "brother-when people from all walks of life will turn against the truth.
johnw74:
It's like a holiday here bro, with the demons not being around
cheesy

maybe they have been told again that the kingdom is near?

if that's the case, they will be back again with their bad mouths
just as soon as they realise it's just another false prophecy from
the fallen angels(demons) at their head quarters

the Kingdom is for followers of Christ, not for antichrists,
before Christians are gathered into His Barn
the tares will be bound together to be thrown into the fire

Mat 13:30  Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

antichrist jw's say the Lord and Saviour is "a god", in other words "a false god"
but it is fitting that false jw follow a false jesus, hence a false father

1Jn_2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Christians are led by God, the Holy Spirit

false jw are led by angels visiting their headquarters, obviously fallen angels(demons)

Rom_8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:56am On Jan 15, 2017

false jw don't believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh

Joh 20:27  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 
Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 
Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

of course Jesus would have corrected Thomas if what Thomas said was not true,
but Thomas was correct, Jesus is Lord and God

We can also see from those verses that Jesus was bodily resurrected,
which is another thing antichrist jw deny about Christ.

an antichrist is one who denies Christ, false jw deny Him so very much

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:01am On Jan 15, 2017

false jw don't believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh

(About YAHWEH)

Isaiah 66:2 “Now all these things my own hand has made, so that all these came to be.”

Isaiah 44:24 “…I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens, by myself…”

(About Jesus)

John 1:3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:09am On Jan 16, 2017

Jehovah's Witnesses Question: "Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses and what are their beliefs?"

Answer: The sect known today as the Jehovah's Witnesses started out in Pennsylvania in 1870 as a Bible class led by Charles Taze Russell. Russell named his group the “Millennial Dawn Bible Study.” Charles T. Russell began writing a series of books he called “The Millennial Dawn,” which stretched to six volumes before his death and contained much of the theology Jehovah’s Witnesses now hold. After Russell's death in 1916, Judge J. F. Rutherford, Russell's friend and successor, wrote the seventh and final volume of the “Millennial Dawn” series, “The Finished Mystery,” in 1917. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was founded in 1886 and quickly became the vehicle through which the “Millennial Dawn” movement began distributing their views to others. The group was known as the “Russellites” until 1931 when, due to a split in the organization, it was renamed the “Jehovah’s Witnesses.” The group from which it split became known as the “Bible students.”

What do Jehovah’s Witnesses believe? Close scrutiny of their doctrinal position on such subjects as the deity of Christ, salvation, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, and the atonement shows beyond a doubt that they do not hold to orthodox Christian positions on these subjects. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, the highest created being. This contradicts many Scriptures which clearly declare Jesus to be God (John 1:1,14, 8:58, 10:30). Jehovah’s Witnesses believe salvation is obtained by a combination of faith, good works, and obedience. This contradicts countless scriptures which declare salvation to be received by grace through faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Trinity, believing Jesus to be a created being and the Holy Spirit to essentially be the inanimate power of God. Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the concept of Christ’s substitutionary atonement and instead hold to a ransom theory, that Jesus’ death was a ransom payment for Adam’s sin.

How do the Jehovah’s Witnesses justify these unbiblical doctrines? First, they claim that the church has corrupted the Bible over the centuries; thus, they have re-translated the Bible into what they call the New World Translation. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society altered the text of the Bible to make it fit their false doctrine, rather than basing their doctrine on what the Bible actually teaches. The New World Translation has gone through numerous editions, as the Jehovah’s Witnesses discover more and more Scriptures that contradict their doctrines.

The Watchtower bases its beliefs and doctrines on the original and expanded teachings of Charles Taze Russell, Judge Joseph Franklin Rutherford, and their successors. The governing body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the only body in the cult that claims authority to interpret Scripture. In other words, what the governing body says concerning any scriptural passage is viewed as the last word, and independent thinking is strongly discouraged. This is in direct opposition to Paul's admonition to Timothy (and to us as well) to study to be approved by God, so that we need not be ashamed as we correctly handle the Word of God. This admonition, found in 2 Timothy 2:15, is a clear instruction from God to each of His children to be like the Berean Christians, who searched the Scriptures daily to see if the things they were being taught lined up with the Word.

There is probably no religious group that is more faithful than the Jehovah’s Witnesses at getting their message out. Unfortunately, the message is full of distortions, deceptions, and false doctrine. May God open the eyes of the Jehovah’s Witnesses to the truth of the gospel and the true teaching of God’s Word.

gotquestions dot org/Jehovahs-Witnesses.html
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:49am On Jan 16, 2017
Got questions is great..I find it helpful at times-they are excellent scholars at work.
The JW's are resting, I haven't heard much of them at all-on any page-Dolphinheart come out come out wherever you are?
This may sound to far fetch but maybe they finally came to their senses, and finally they found the truth in Christ?
johnw74:

Jehovah's Witnesses Question: "Who are the Jehovah's Witnesses and what are their beliefs?"

Answer: The sect known today as the Jehovah's Witnesses started out in Pennsylvania in 1870 as a Bible class led by Charles Taze Russell. Russell named his group the “Millennial Dawn Bible Study.” Charles T. Russell began writing a series of books he called “The Millennial Dawn,” which stretched to six volumes before his death and contained much of the theology Jehovah’s Witnesses now hold. After Russell's death in 1916, Judge J. F. Rutherford, Russell's friend and successor, wrote the seventh and final volume of the “Millennial Dawn” series, “The Finished Mystery,” in 1917. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was founded in 1886 and quickly became the vehicle through which the “Millennial Dawn” movement began distributing their views to others. The group was known as the “Russellites” until 1931 when, due to a split in the organization, it was renamed the “Jehovah’s Witnesses.” The group from which it split became known as the “Bible students.”

What do Jehovah’s Witnesses believe? Close scrutiny of their doctrinal position on such subjects as the deity of Christ, salvation, the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, and the atonement shows beyond a doubt that they do not hold to orthodox Christian positions on these subjects. Jehovah’s Witnesses believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, the highest created being. This contradicts many Scriptures which clearly declare Jesus to be God (John 1:1,14, 8:58, 10:30). Jehovah’s Witnesses believe salvation is obtained by a combination of faith, good works, and obedience. This contradicts countless scriptures which declare salvation to be received by grace through faith (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the Trinity, believing Jesus to be a created being and the Holy Spirit to essentially be the inanimate power of God. Jehovah’s Witnesses reject the concept of Christ’s substitutionary atonement and instead hold to a ransom theory, that Jesus’ death was a ransom payment for Adam’s sin.

How do the Jehovah’s Witnesses justify these unbiblical doctrines? First, they claim that the church has corrupted the Bible over the centuries; thus, they have re-translated the Bible into what they call the New World Translation. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society altered the text of the Bible to make it fit their false doctrine, rather than basing their doctrine on what the Bible actually teaches. The New World Translation has gone through numerous editions, as the Jehovah’s Witnesses discover more and more Scriptures that contradict their doctrines.

The Watchtower bases its beliefs and doctrines on the original and expanded teachings of Charles Taze Russell, Judge Joseph Franklin Rutherford, and their successors. The governing body of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the only body in the cult that claims authority to interpret Scripture. In other words, what the governing body says concerning any scriptural passage is viewed as the last word, and independent thinking is strongly discouraged. This is in direct opposition to Paul's admonition to Timothy (and to us as well) to study to be approved by God, so that we need not be ashamed as we correctly handle the Word of God. This admonition, found in 2 Timothy 2:15, is a clear instruction from God to each of His children to be like the Berean Christians, who searched the Scriptures daily to see if the things they were being taught lined up with the Word.

There is probably no religious group that is more faithful than the Jehovah’s Witnesses at getting their message out. Unfortunately, the message is full of distortions, deceptions, and false doctrine. May God open the eyes of the Jehovah’s Witnesses to the truth of the gospel and the true teaching of God’s Word.

gotquestions dot org/Jehovahs-Witnesses.html
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
brocab:
Got questions is great..I find it helpful at times-they are excellent scholars at work.
The JW's are resting, I haven't heard much of them at all-on any page-Dolphinheart come out come out wherever you are?
This may sound to far fetch but maybe they finally came to their senses, and finally they found the truth in Christ?

yea, carm dot org is good as well, they say what the Bible clearly says

it's amazing how sectarians interperit the Bible to suit their doctrines
rather than the other way around, getting their doctrines from the Bible,
and even after that they believe they are in the truth

but here is another Bible verse that explains it without changing anything;

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

they don't want the truth they want what sounds good to them from their teachers

2Ti_4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

they, and not just false jw, have men as their teachers, rather than the Holy Spirit and the unpolluted Bible
their beliefs are formulated for them

true Christian teachers, teach from God's word
sectarian false jw teachers, teach from their man made doctrines
with twisting and changing the Bible to make it line up

they also wrongly believe that they will be saved, partly by their works,
truly their satanic works are sending them to the Lake of Fire

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:49am On Jan 21, 2017
The JW's were told to get of line-the elders seen the youngsters were loosing the battle against God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
bro, it's good they are not here, preaching their lies.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:57am On Jan 22, 2017
That is true-the elders told them to get off line-only because like Dolphinheart they were slipping, they were loosing quite a few of their new followers, which of course confusion doesn't come from the Lord, and the JW's couldn't come up with the answers.
So thanks to God.
Thanks to you and Solite3-lets try and work together on another site, I will look out for you both. Its good to see such talent between four-you, solite, me, and God..
johnw74:

bro, it's good they are not here, preaching their lies.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
adajoe555:
Any jw here?
We are here my sister, from which congregation?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2017

false jw lied and said: 1925 - "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

"Millions now living will never die!" was exclaimed by Rutherford in a series of public lectures starting 1918. This was related to his prophecy that the earthly resurrection would commence 1925, with the return to life of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and became the focus of the preaching work in the following years.

article: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1925.php

Mat_7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

those and many other scriptures describes pharisee false jw so well
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
Yes you are here and hiding.
goodnews201668:

We are here my sister, from which congregation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Righteousness Rises" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.