Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (370645 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2018
To address point 2

During the course of discussion on Sum and Substance , A question was posed to Zodiakzax that did Jesus know the end ? He knowing Matt 24:36 said because Jesus is human . he didn't know. So it was asked if that excuse is genuine, Why didn't Holy spirit know?

Logically if holy spirit is a person, it should have been mentioned alongside son and Father at Matthew 24:36. Banker!

But it wasn't , Explaining this Zodiakzax posted that holy spirit hasn't been revealed before that time ( His purpose of saying this is to remove it from the nobody) , but while explaining he made a serious blunder that he cannot rectify without falling into different loopholes .

He said on 7:26pm on November 30

Zodiakzax
Now get this The Holy Spirit Hasn't been fully sent to the world yet, He was with the Father [color=red] and as such one with the Father. The Spirit of God is the same as Him

The identify of that HIM . is not something Zodiakzax can do easily , He said that him is not God the Father 3:16am , December 1

Zodiakzax
You are forcing me to say something that isn't there.. No that's not God the Father , that is you assuming it's God the Father,

Later it includes God the Father again : contradicting himself as posted on 7:26pm on November 30 forgetting I didn't assume but he has said holyspirit is within that Him and One with God which he later said was the Father above.

Zodiakzax
Likewise The Spirit of God that was within God, who wasn't yet made Manifest to the Church was and is one with God...

I want him to reconcile the above contradiction:

" One WITH God "
" one With the Father "

" within God "

Can't be within itself

Within something means that is another entity entirely.

Captivator , OneJ , Gruni1234

Point 2

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
That's the watchtower's system of following Jesus to the best of their own understanding , but it seems you're opposed to that so why not present the excellent way things ought to be done by pointing to the organization that's doing it right. undecided undecided

So at the end of the day all na assumption. Thank God it is watchtower way and not bible ways. Lol

Watchtower can choose how they want to distribute their magazines yet members of other religions who choose to follow Jesus the way they understand will be slaughtered by your all loving jehovah. Lol

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:
To address point 2

During the course of discussion on Sum and Substance , A question was posed to Zodiakzax that did Jesus know the end ? He knowing Matt 24:36 said because Jesus is human . he didn't know. So it was asked if that excuse is genuine, Why didn't Holy spirit know?

Logically if holy spirit is a person, it should have been mentioned alongside son and Father at Matthew 24:36. Banker!

But it wasn't , Explaining this Zodiakzax posted that holy spirit hasn't been revealed before that time ( His purpose of saying this is to remove it from the nobody) , but while explaining he made a serious blunder that he cannot rectify without falling into different loopholes .

The identify of that HIM . is not something Zodiakzax can do easily , He said that him is not Hod the Father , and later posted

At least in the Bible holy spirit is called him not it.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 8:23am On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:
To address point 2

The identify of that HIM . is not something Zodiakzax can do easily , He said that him is not Hod the Father , and later posted

At the end of the day you still have to assume. You have been struggling to explain your doctrines. When they show you how and why holy spirit is described as a person you will hide in shame for 2 days only to resurface with another topic.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

Sir, I think it is not in your place to make this claim. Everyone will be biased towards what he said. It is for your readers to ascertain truth and comment as such. Zodiakzax I know will also refute this, then we go back on and on and on again. So I will look at your points and your claims and evidence presented then as a reader and a third party come out with proper analyses of the arguments. Thank you.
There is nothing you can get from reading comments of argumentators on social media my friend. Because each person will just continue to quote the Bible mostly out of context.
If you want to know anything about Jesus of Nazareth, i'll implore you to consider reading through the Bible paying attention to His own utterances,think over what this young man had in mind before talking and then try to figure out those OBEYING His instructions around you today.
His name has survived the most powerful enemies of good reputation in human history so Satan(the principal enemy of truth) has changed his system from "if you can't beat them, join them" to "if you can't beat them, LEAD them" So today many are fighting hard against Jesus' true followers but they thought they're doing so for Jesus.
I'll only give you one single sign. Every religion that's promoting personal interests in the minds of adherents can't be Christians because Jesus is an advocate of selflessness. Matthew 10:39,16:25,Mark 8:35,36,Luke 9:24,17:33
As for your question regarding how humans came up with the idea of the existence of God, i'll like you to ask any questions that comes into your heart and please don't hide your feelings because that's the only way you can get to the root of the sacred secret. If you believe in the power of reasoning, that will be ideal for our discussion since you don't believe in a written document like the Bible so we can make use of our brains and intellect. All are gifts from JEHOVAH but for now let's concentrate on what you think we can use to solve the riddle "our human brains". Thank you!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

So at the end of the day all na assumption. Thank God it is watchtower way and not bible ways. Lol

Watchtower can choose how they want to distribute their magazines yet members of other religions who choose to follow Jesus the way they understand will be slaughtered by your all loving jehovah. Lol
Obviously you just want to argue but it's a pity i'm not trained to argue fruitlessly. So if you feel the watchtower aren't getting it right just PRESENT the group that's doing it right and allow me to meditate on your presentation just as i did when Jehovah's Witnesses presented their own to me.
But if you can't do that i'll just assume you are a noise maker who has nothing as in NOTHING tangible to say other than causing an uproar with agitations!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:
To address point 2

Sir, first of all show evidences where he said the "Holy Spirit Hasn't been revealed before that time" what he said was the holy spirit wasn't FULLY revealed, and also used the word "COMPLETELY". Like I said you are not qualified to do this.

Also zodiakzax told us the identity of that him to be God. This shouldn't be difficult to understand Sir, if I say "the Spirit is Not You", what does it mean? It means you are not the spirit. So if i say "the spirit of barristter is him", what do I mean? Meaning that spirit is you. The Trinitarians believe in a truine God so if he says God in question there is God in totality and not one part of the Godhead, it's understandable given their belief. You don't believe in a truine God so it is your assumption that God there is God the Father. Paul said God, not God the Father, was the point zodiakzax made. Sir, you see this wouldn't solve anything because he will also come and do the same. We are not unlearned to determine truth for ourselves? Nay, I can be able to determine all you guys said per evidences you brought. Also I think you should leave OneJ out of your cc's so it wouldn't cause any fumes again. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 9:06am On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
There is nothing you can get from reading comments of argumentators on social media my friend. Because each person will just continue to quote the Bible mostly out of context.
If you want to know anything about Jesus of Nazareth, i'll implore you to consider reading through the Bible paying attention to His own utterances,think over what this young man had in mind before talking and then try to figure out those OBEYING His instructions around you today.
His name has survived the most powerful enemies of good reputation in human history so Satan(the principal enemy of truth) has changed his system from "if you can't beat them, join them" to "if you can't beat them, LEAD them" So today many are fighting hard against Jesus' true followers but they thought they're doing so for Jesus.
I'll only give you one single sign. Every religion that's promoting personal interests in the minds of adherents can't be Christians because Jesus is an advocate of selflessness. Matthew 10:39,16:25,Mark 8:35,36,Luke 9:24,17:33
As for your question regarding how humans came up with the idea of the existence of God, i'll like you to ask any questions that comes into your heart and please don't hide your feelings because that's the only way you can get to the root of the sacred secret. If you believe in the power of reasoning, that will be ideal for our discussion since you don't believe in a written document like the Bible so we can make use of our brains and intellect. All are gifts from JEHOVAH but for now let's concentrate on what you think we can use to solve the riddle "our human brains". Thank you!

Well that is for us to judge Sir, every side presents evidences of their claim. Don't think nothing is happening, we can ascertain truth in all write ups. It's just evident that Jehovah Witnesses are not straight forward when answering and defending a doctrine. They employ trickery, and prey on the minds of the unlearned. For instance OneJ clearly said Jesus was not an angel, later changed his mind, he said Jesus was begotten as the messianic king but was shown to him that teaching is even against his own organizations that Jesus was begotten before he came to this world before all creation.How did he defend that, he clearly wanted to deny he meant that, but we all saw what he wrote. So Sir, you might be amazed how many people read the debate between zodiakzax and barristter even from my end, . You wouldnt understabd now but when our book is out, you will know the relevance of all this. Clearly like I said not being a biased person, barristter,OneJ are struggling to confront the truth. And it is a shame really.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:31am On Dec 04, 2018
Now if you are really seeking which side of the fence you need to be on-then try watching this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN8lJPCNRxw
Gruni1234:
@brocab, advice well received, i am not there yet but in time if he is really real then it shouldn't be a problem for him. Thank you.
Don't ever think you are here on your own free will-you are not here on your own free will-most people would run from sights like this-I ran away from everything to do with religion-my flesh would war against His Spirit--before I came to know the Lord, but God had His hand on me-He sends in the big guns, "Christians, I didn't know why at first-but He was leading me to make my choice-and what a choice I had made, I wouldn't turn back to my old self-my old self was dead in it tracks! "so If Christ isn't real-then why are you here? I will tell you why? Christ brought you here, because He is real..
Gruni1234:

I'm really shocked how simple truth is denied. I will address all relevant points soon. So many twists and turns. What's bothering me is why protect an organization when clearly has some flaws in their doctrine. Are you being paid for being there? The Jehovah witnesses here have totally disappointed me and has open my eyes to see their own deception. Just to say nothing anyone says will change the truth. I can from my own reading know and ascertain that Jesus Christ is not an angel. This is just the case. I will take all points all have made and write my final thoughts on all matters discussed so far.

@brocab, advice well received, i am not there yet but in time if he is really real then it shouldn't be a problem for him. Thank you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 9:37am On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:
To address point 2

The identify of that HIM . is not something Zodiakzax can do easily , He said that him is not God the Father 3:16am , December 1

Later it includes God the Father again : contradicting himself as posted on 7:26pm on November 30 forgetting I didn't assume but he has said holyspirit is within that Him and One with God which he later said was the Father above.

I want him to reconcile the above contradiction:

" One WITH God "
" one With the Father "

" within God "

Can't be within itself

Within something means that is another entity entirely.

Captivator , OneJ , Gruni1234

Point 2

Barrister Sir, I think you need to do a little study on what the trinity is and the truine God as believed by zodiakzax and the mainstream Christians.

One with God, means being part of the Godhead He the Holy Spirit is God.

One with the Father

The Father here is part of the trinity, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and these three are ONE

One in what? Nature and essence. I believe is their point including zodiakzax

So if these three are ONE in nature and essence then the Holy Spirit is One with the Son and one with the Father.

So He is absolutely right to say The Holy Spirit is One with the Father.

If he said "same as the Father" then that's where the problem willl be. I think he explained this already. So can you leave this analyses to a third party? I will present your case and his and from analyses see whose is valid or not.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2018
brocab:
Now if you are really listening, then listen to these JW's! They will explain to you about their beloved organisation..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reSKMKkrb2s

I will Sir. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

Well that is for us to judge Sir, every side presents evidences of their claim. Don't think nothing is happening, we can ascertain truth in all write ups. It's just evident that Jehovah Witnesses are not straight forward when answering and defending a doctrine. They employ trickery, and prey on the minds of the unlearned. For instance OneJ clearly said Jesus was not an angel, later changed his mind, he said Jesus was begotten as the messianic king but was shown to him that teaching is even against his own organizations that Jesus was begotten before he came to this world before all creation.How did he defend that, he clearly wanted to deny he meant that, but we all saw what he wrote. So Sir, you might be amazed how many people read the debate between zodiakzax and barristter even from my end, . You wouldnt understabd now but when our book is out, you will know the relevance of all this. Clearly like I said not being a biased person, barristter,OneJ are struggling to confront the truth. And it is a shame really.
As i said earlier it's not on social media that you can grasp the concept of Jesus' ministry. According to the Bible, the young man ordered His followers to go and meet people in their homes. Perhaps for the sake of answering thought provoking questions that may arise as a result of divers religious beliefs of His time and to allow those considering all the various presentations from different religious groups.
Jesus taught His followers to be bold enough to speak with anyone no matter the position of such a person in the society. So they always try to make a diffense before whoever ask for reason of their beliefs.
The organization has NO reason to bother about arguments on social media, neither are they worried about whatever any person or group of persons say, print or do about our activities as long as each other religious group is free to practice whatever they believe, Jehovah's Witnesses don't care whatever people say against the organization.
What each dedicated member of the group saw that attracted us to the organization is their works which can be seen all around the globe. So whoever wants to do something that's of significance before a dedicated member of the organization should only present another group that's performing better than this group and you'll see how watchtower will become history. But any complaints made against a well established group with adequately equipped and fully competent followers will just amount to envy!
So are you now convinced that God really exist due to the arguments from all these commentators?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 10:48am On Dec 04, 2018
OneJ:

Komot that your lie lie ,corrupted KJV version jare.....

Let's consider these examples:

1a. This house was built through me.
1 b, This house was built by me
Both sentences are not saying exactly the same thing.
(1a) tells us that the house was built with joint effort or a partnership.
(1b) is saying that one person alone built it.

https://www.biblehub.com/john/1-3.htm
"God created everything THROUGH HIM (Jesus) and nothing was created except THROUGH HIM (Jesus)" John 1:3

NLT,GNT.NASB.CSB.ESV.WNT.YLT.ISV.GWT.HCSB.WEB.NIV etc.
"And although the world was made THROUGH. HIM the world did not recognize him " John 1:10.

"DIA AUTOU meaning THROUGH HIM
is a primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; THROUGH."

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/8-22.htm

"Lord Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation..." (Aramaic Bible in English)

" The Lord (Jehovah/Yahweh) created me first of all...." NHEB
Prov 8:30
"I was a skilled craftsman at His (Yahweh's) side, His delight day by day, rejoicing always in His prescence"
" Christ is the wisdom of God" 1 cor 1:21,24.
The truth is crystal clear.

@ brocab, the SERIAL LIAR (& his crew) ;
who said. " the word Jesus Christ wasn't created and has always been"

Prov 8:22
"Lord Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation" (Aramaic Bible in English).

"Giving thanks to the Father (Jehovah/Yahweh) who... brought us into the kingdom of the son He loves,.... the first born over ALL CREATION."
Col 1:12-15.
This truth has no duplicate.

That's the ogbunigwe that blows the trinity to pieces as well as the NL posts of the trinity crew with their twisted, LIE ,LIE interpretations of the holy scriptures

Gruni1234, Thomas called Jesus "my Lord, my God" yet the holy Bible confirmed that Jesus himself was created by Yahweh /Jehovah.
Therefore, in consonance with Psalm 82:6, John 10:34-36, Acts 28:6, Acts 12:22, Jesus, " the word is a god" (John 1:1, NWT, Sahidic Coptic Bible, that's the authentic rendition).

Your trinity friends have entered one chance.....

They will come here to vent their frustrations ,resort to name calling & insults rather than accept the truth.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

Marvelously done, Yes Thomas indeed called Him God and Lord. You and the others are doing a great job defending the trinity, even though i don't believe in the existence of a God, I rightly appreciate logicians.
Now does God exist? What makes you think so?
I would have love the commentators to address those questions if truly you're willing to know the answers. Because as you said, you're NEUTRAL and that's an opportunity to preach and teach someone who wants to know the reason behind FAITH.
I'll advice you to concentrate more on this subjects than the fruitless arguments about who is who. I can say Jesus is my househelp or even my gateman but if i'm the type that often heed the counsel of "my gateman" surely everyone will know that it's the gateman that's in control of my life meaning he is my Master or Lord or King! But when i call him with esteemed value yet care less about his words, feelings,emotions and thoughts,of what importance is the highly esteemed names i give to him. undecided undecided
So whether Jesus is Lord, God or whatever anyone calls him, what really matters is how far we're able to go in being obedient to his commands. Isaiah 29:13,Malachi 1:6 Matthew 15:8
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 04, 2018
OneJ:

"Lord Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation" (Aramaic Bible in English).

"Giving thanks to the Father (Jehovah/Yahweh) who... brought us into the kingdom of the son He loves,.... the first born over ALL CREATION."

That's the ogbunigwe that blows the trinity to pieces as well as the NL posts of the trinity crew with their twisted, LIE ,LIE interpretations of the holy scriptures

Gruni1234, your trinity friends have entered one chance.....

They will come here to vent their frustrations ,resort to name calling & insults rather than accept the truth.
Don't bother yourself about the Gruni guy, he is a pretender. An honest and neutral reader will only ask questions to know who truly understand what they're claiming, not praising a side and condemning the other during a debate. And according to him(Gruni1234) he is preparing to go on declaring a religious group false whereas he claims to be an atheist as in NEUTRAL! cheesy cheesy
If he truly is an atheist, what's his interest in a debate that's based on a written document(Bible) that he and other atheists believe was fabricated?
Is he now convinced that there is a God and that this same God is three in one?
Whoever wants to learn can only do so by asking thought provoking questions from preachers who comes to them in the name of the Lord, not dabbling into what his faculty strongly assert is nonsense and start passing judgement on what he himself don't even value. wink wink
Hypocrites can't fool all the people all the time. So if he wants to argue in support of Trinity, let him and his other friends go out there to preach,teach and convince people that Jesus is the same person who sent himself period! wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
Don't bother yourself about the Gruni guy, he is a pretender. An honest and neutral reader will only ask questions to know who truly understand what they're claiming, not praising a side and condemning the other during a debate. And according to him(Gruni1234) he is preparing to go on declaring a religious group false whereas he claims to be an atheist as in NEUTRAL! cheesy cheesy
If he truly is an atheist, what's his interest in a debate that's based on a written document(Bible) that he and other atheists believe was fabricated?
Is he now convinced that there is a God and that this same God is three in one?
Whoever wants to learn can only do so by asking thought provoking questions from preachers who comes to them in the name of the Lord, not dabbling into what his faculty strongly assert is nonsense and start passing judgement on what he himself don't even value. wink wink
Hypocrites can't fool all the people all the time. So if he wants to argue in support of Trinity, let him and his other friends go out there to preach,teach and convince people that Jesus is the same person who sent himself period! wink wink

One thing I know Sir, not all atheist believe that the bible was fabricated. You see you have to know more about a persons belief before you conclude. There's the bible, quran, Torah, books of the Hindus etc all believing in a "God" what we believe is it doenst matter what those books say since there's no physical evidence of a god then we don't believe in it. We don't go about trying to prove that the bible is a fabrication , at least not me and some of my friends, we challenge you to prove to us that God exists. One thing I know for sure and evidence proves is that there was someone called Jesus, a saviour, who was crucified by the Romans. This is evident enough for me to research and know more about who this Jesus was if indeed he's who the bible says he is. Some might believe he's fictional,I don't. So get your points right the next time.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Gruni1234: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2018
brocab:
Now if you are really seeking which side of the fence you need to be on-then try watching this!

Don't ever think you are here on your own free will-you are not here on your own free will-most people would run from sights like this-I ran away from everything to do with religion-my flesh would war against His Spirit--before I came to know the Lord, but God had His hand on me-He sends in the big guns, "Christians, I didn't know why at first-but He was leading me to make my choice-and what a choice I had made, I wouldn't turn back to my old self-my old self was dead in it tracks! "so If Christ isn't real-then why are you here? I will tell you why? Christ brought you here, because He is real..

The previous video was quite shocking, does the bible really teach to disown your own who doesnt believe in What you believe in? This is strange. Honestly, I never knew the bible taught hatred, to the point of disowning your very flesh and blood. This is absurd, Christianity is absurd. I thought Jesus taught about forgiveness and Love. I thought he said what good is it to do good to others who returns same good to you. Wow, I'm beyond speech. Speechless. Many of my friends are Christians but we go out together do stuff together, eat together, drink together, work together, they never rejected me. Are they ignorant of their own religion? So what good is there then in Christianity?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

The previous video was quite shocking, does the bible really teach to disown your own who doesnt believe in What you believe in? This is strange. Honestly, I never knew the bible taught hatred, to the point of disowning your very flesh and blood. This is absurd, Christianity is absurd. I thought Jesus taught about forgiveness and Love. I thought he said what good is it to do good to others who returns same good to you. Wow, I'm beyond speech. Speechless. Many of my friends are Christians but we go out together do stuff together, eat together, drink together, work together, they never rejected me. Are they ignorant of their own religion? So what good is there then in Christianity?
Jesus didn't teach His followers to hate people but He surely taught them to have stronger likeness for ONLY those having the same faith with them. So if you're Simon (Jesus' blood brother) or Mary(Jesus' mother) but not a Christian(one who is ready to OBEY Jesus as ruler), then Jesus wouldn't have affection for you as He had for Peter, John, Matthew, Mark or Nathaniel. Matthew 12:47-50
That doesn't mean He will hate you but come what may, He will make it clear to you that when God's Kingdom comes those not OBEDIENT to His instructions are as good as DEAD meaning they will perish! Luke 9:57-62
Most people won't take this lightly with Christians since many believes that blood is thicker than water, but that's not applicable in Christianity because no matter where a person comes from if he's willing to be submissive to Jesus he automatically becomes my brother whereas my own blood brother who is not obedient to Christ is just my neighbor! Therefore he shouldn't expect me to love him as much as i love my brother (someone having the same faith with me). Galatians 6:10
For your information, that's exactly why Jesus was killed by the Jews as He will only show favoritism towards those following Him. So He warned true Christians that they're not to have any unbreakable bond for unbelievers (no matter how related) that's why He said "i have not come to bring peace but a sword" Matthew 10:32-39
No wonder He adds that His TRUE followers will become an object of hatred before all peoples, since they won't compromise their love for fellow believers. Matthew 10:22,John 17:14
Of course it will become difficult for many to continue in His teachings so they'll take their leave (John 6:66) and what do you expect from such individuals? To speak in favor of such a person?
That's why i keep on asking "which group is STRICTLY following Jesus of Nazareth today?" Thank God you're now noticing exactly what made people of His time hate Him so much (despite all the miracles) that they'll prefer a condemned bandit instead of Jesus. Matthew 27:15-31
My friend, Jesus wasn't a sentimentalist because many thought He was, but He has strong likeness for ONLY those who remained obedient to Him. John 6:67-69, Matthew 19:28
Today all these people are claiming they belong to Jesus but the truth is that they never knew what Jesus actually taught back then!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2018
Point 3

As the discussion progresses, It was stated that Jesus was begotten as Son of God , How was he begotten ?

Evidence reveal that he was reffered to as the Father's Firstborn .. How was he born ? By virtue of Creation

Psalm 90;2 was presented to zodiakzax and his crew but rather than acknowledge that Born in this verse means Create , he kept playing with words. What does the evidence reveal ?

Act 4:24 Gave evidence that Mountains are created as part of the Everything on earth. This Zodiakzax can't deny and thus proved false his assertion that To interpret born at Psalm 90:2 aa create is an assumption. Evidence Reveal its not.

Regarding Jesus been Born by virtue of Creation too ... Revelation 3 vs 14 says Jesus is the beginning OF THE CREATION Of God. Straight to the point and clear . that explains why he was First BORN.

Any objection ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

Sir, I think it is not in your place to make this claim. Everyone will be biased towards what he said. It is for your readers to ascertain truth and comment as such. Did zodiakzax really say hebrews was irrelevant without any explaination? No Sir, he told you you were going out of context and that Hebrews wasnt written in same context as philipians where the comparison was made. why pick some of his words and leave the rest out? I believe is a bad way of presenting a case obviously geared towards misquoting and misapplying your opponents ideology and and Zodiakzax I know will also refute this, then we go back on and on and on again. So I will look at your points and your claims and evidence presented then as a reader and a third party come out with proper analyses of the arguments. Thank you.

Which proper analysis ?

If truly You are sincere, you should know scripture explains scripture NOT contradict it. If his position on Sum and substance was correct , Why can't he explain the context of that Hebrew and show why that verse didn't negate his view ??

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
Obviously you just want to argue but it's a pity i'm not trained to argue fruitlessly. So if you feel the watchtower aren't getting it right just PRESENT the group that's doing it right and allow me to meditate on your presentation just as i did when Jehovah's Witnesses presented their own to me.
But if you can't do that i'll just assume you are a noise maker who has nothing as in NOTHING tangible to say other than causing an uproar with agitations!

Coming from someone who believes his all loving jehovah will slaughter people cos they chose not to join the new York publishing company called watchtower organization.

You are still yet to give the name of the group Christians in the Bible were called. You think I have forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 04, 2018
brocab:

If i'm to be in the audience, of course i'll be shocked that a religious group is teaching it's members to be cold towards their family members who aren't members of their religious group.
But whoever reads and meditate thoroughly on the words from Jesus will have a different opinion. (Matthew 12:47-49) It's either you hate Jesus who started all these or you demand for a reason to grasp the practical applications of what Jesus taught and it's benefits!
So if you choose the first option you'll definitely hate those following His instructions since Jesus is no more here in the flesh and you can't slap Him,arrest Him or kill Him. John 17:14
But you dare not choose the second option (asking for the practical applications of what Jesus taught and it's benefits) because if you do, i bet you you will end up becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Coming from someone who believes his all loving jehovah will slaughter people cos they chose not to join the new York publishing company called watchtower organization.

You are still yet to give the name of the group Christians in the Bible were called. You think I have forgotten.
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
tongue tongue tongue

So last last the Christians in the Bible did not have another name for their group. Eya
So they were not even called Jehovah's witnesses? How sad

I follow Bible words not magazine words.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 1:03pm On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:
Point 3

As the discussion progresses, It was stated that Jesus was begotten as Son of God , How was he begotten ?

Evidence reveal that he was reffered to as the Father's Firstborn .. How was he born ? By virtue of Creation

Psalm 90;2 was presented to zodiakzax and his crew but rather than acknowledge that Born in this verse means Create , he kept playing with words. What does the evidence reveal ?

Act 4:24 Gave evidence that Mountains are created as part of the Everything on earth. This Zodiakzax can't deny and thus proved false his assertion that To interpret born at Psalm 90:2 aa create is an assumption. Evidence Reveal its not.

Regarding Jesus been Born by virtue of Creation too ... Revelation 3 vs 14 says Jesus is the beginning OF THE CREATION Of God. Straight to the point and clear . that explains why he was First BORN.

Any objection ?

You are still yet to acknowledge David and Ephraim being Yahweh's firstborns, were first created, were born first, were brought forth into existence first.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2018
OneJ:

Gruni1234, Thomas called Jesus "my Lord, my God" yet the holy Bible confirmed that Jesus himself was created by Yahweh /Jehovah.
Therefore, in consonance with Psalm 82:6, John 10:34-36, Acts 28:6, Acts 12:22, Jesus, " the word is a god" (John 1:1, NWT, Sahidic Coptic Bible, that's the authentic rendition).

Your trinity friends have entered one chance.....

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

So last last the Christians in the Bible did not have another name for their group. Eya
So they were not even called Jehovah's witnesses? How sad

I follow Bible words not magazine words.
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

Barrister Sir, I think you need to do a little study on what the trinity is and the truine God as believed by zodiakzax and the mainstream Christians.

One with the Father

The Father here is part of the trinity, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and these three are ONE

So if these three are ONE in nature and essence then the Holy Spirit is One with the Son and one with the Father.

If he said "same as the Father" then that's where the problem willl be. I think he explained this already. So can you leave this analyses to a third party? I will present your case and his and from analyses see whose is valid or not.

This is exactly why you are not fit to do any analysis here .

He said :

" . The Spirit of God is the same as Him "

The SAME as.

There are two options

1. The Father

2. Triune God

Either way , 1. Means holy spirit is the same as Father . ( this is why he denied 1) unfortunately for him , zodiakzax main reason for quoting that verse is to show that when Jesus said ONLY the Father. Knows, holy spirit knows since he is same as the Father ( that's why he used the verse in the first place , I never accuse him of going out of context for using another chapter or Bible book . keep this in mind. Instead I was able to discuss it with him now he entered problem

2 means holy spirit is the same as Triune God ( Father , son and itself )

So holy spirit is the SAME as Father , Son and itself.

Mr Gruni1234, If you are now sincere ... Ask him that since holy spirit is the same as triune God, does that means Father and son were shared between Moses and the 70 men ??

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2018
[quote author=Hairyrapunzel post=73543351][/quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
If i'm to be in the audience, of course i'll be shocked that a religious group is teaching it's members to be cold towards their family members who aren't members of their religious group.
But whoever reads and meditate thoroughly on the words from Jesus will have a different opinion. (Matthew 12:47-49) It's either you hate Jesus who started all these or you demand for a reason to grasp the practical applications of what Jesus taught and it's benefits!
So if you choose the first option you'll definitely hate those following His instructions since Jesus is no more here in the flesh and you can't slap Him,arrest Him or kill Him. John 17:14
But you dare not choose the second option (asking for the practical applications of what Jesus taught and it's benefits) because if you do, i bet you you will end up becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses! wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

One with the Father

If he said "same as the Father"
then that's where the problem willl be. I think he explained this already. So can you leave this analyses to a third party? I will present your case and his and from analyses see whose is valid or not.

grin grin so what did he say ? Same as who ? Lolzzzzzzzz
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

One with the Father

If he said "same as the Father"
then that's where the problem willl be. I think he explained this already. So can you leave this analyses to a third party? I will present your case and his and from analyses see whose is valid or not.

look at this undercover trinitarian ooooo grin grin so what did he say ? Same as who ? Lolzzzzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Value Of A Good Name" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.