Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (369601 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
He is really becoming an slowpoke just because he wants to criticize JWs, no break no jam. The virus is really disturbing his brains, even when everyone is saying something sensible or trying to solve a riddle he is only charging to criticize JWs,out of context. Jesus' words are always found to be true and accurate regarding the outcome of those who despises the truth out of hatred. Luke 11:24-26
Hairyrapunzel can't even think straight anymore, all he's doing is jumping from pillar to post ONLY to look for ways to criticize JWs. cheesy cheesy

I love the way I can't think straight. At least 8 old men are not able to deceive me.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

One thing I know Sir, not all atheist believe that the bible was fabricated. You see you have to know more about a persons belief before you conclude. There's the bible, quran, Torah, books of the Hindus etc all believing in a "God" what we believe is it doenst matter what those books say since there's no physical evidence of a god then we don't believe in it. We don't go about trying to prove that the bible is a fabrication , at least not me and some of my friends, we challenge you to prove to us that God exists. One thing I know for sure and evidence proves is that there was someone called Jesus, a saviour, who was crucified by the Romans. This is evident enough for me to research and know more about who this Jesus was if indeed he's who the bible says he is. Some might believe he's fictional,I don't. So get your points right the next time.
Just listen to yourself my friend. First you're an atheist, next you're an observer, then you turned to a judge between debators and now you're claiming that Jesus truly exist but with all of these you can't grasp the fact that this "Jesus" gave specific instructions as in orders to His followers so you don't think a commander like Jesus should have VISIBLE army that's under His control. wink wink
If you don't know something, just try to learn in order to gain insight. All atheists,no matter how you define them have one thing in common "they don't want to be controlled by another intelligent creature like themselves"
That's why i strongly believe that whoever claims to be a Christian but not belonging to any religious group is indirectly an atheist,because if they're under the umbrella of a religious group they must be submissive to the RULES set by such group in accordance with what the group believe as Bible principles.
Jesus didn't send us in search for such rebellious antagonists but for the sake of the "lost SHEEP of the house of Israel". Matthew 10:6,15:24
Now that has deep meaning!
"LOST" means the individual is wholeheartedly worshipping with the wrong set of people or GROUP
"SHEEP" means the person is willing to take divine instructions and act upon it just like sheep heed the instructions from a shepherd.
"HOUSE OF ISRAEL" connotes specific rules and principles gotten from the ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE of the God of Israel as outlined in HIS word the Bible.
So it's totally out of sense if someone is claiming to be a worshipper of the God of Israel yet discarding the idea of a group! Haba the Bible calls JEHOVAH a shepherd (Psalms 23:1) so how come such a hardworking shepherd( John 5:17) won't have a visible group or flock (herd of sheep) that's recognisable by their activities
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:
For the basis or organization and orderliness , let me set some records straight.

I engaged Zodiakzax on his statement that Jesus is equal to the Father in Nature /Form .

To prove his position , he replied as at 9:51pm on November 24 to describe Nature as encompassing the entire Sum and Substance of God .

https://www.nairaland.com/2720878/jehovahs-witnesses-17-facts-people/183#73256579

Based on this premise , Thankfully Form/Nature was also used in reference to humans in the same Philippians , Question is : Does that also mean Sum and Substance ? Or just Substance ( which is my own position )

I cited Hebrews 2:14 where we are told that the human nature Jesus shared his SAME to that of the Children. ( Zodiazzax couldn't reply this so he said on this aspect the below )

10:36am, December 1 he posted

He claimed Hebrew is irrelevant because there is no way he could explain and relate it with the question without somersaulting , He nevertheless acknowledged that scripture cannot contradict , But context must be examined.

Even at that he never cared to explain that Hebrews 2:14 on how Jesus nature is similar to the Children . contradicting himself that context must be examined, and he didn't.

cc: Gruni1234 , OneJ , Captivator .

Knowing that scripture cannot contradict, Explain that Hebrews in relation to Sum and Substance.

Point 1.

Scared little girl, you won't even allow me to reply to your previous post, look at his face, all the things you said here are lies from the pit of JW's organizatiom(hell).... all this is irrelevant my friend..I will reply and you will see how you are a liar and an idiot..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:06pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

I'm really shocked how simple truth is denied. I will address all relevant points soon. So many twists and turns. What's bothering me is why protect an organization when clearly has some flaws in their doctrine. Are you being paid for being there? The Jehovah witnesses here have totally disappointed me and has open my eyes to see their own deception. Just to say nothing anyone says will change the truth. I can from my own reading know and ascertain that Jesus Christ is not an angel. This is just the case. I will take all points all have made and write my final thoughts on all matters discussed so far.

@brocab, advice well received, i am not there yet but in time if he is really real then it shouldn't be a problem for him. Thank you.

My friend Gruni123 you see how they lie and distort the truth? Now you know them, so of I say they are stupid and fools, I'm not trying to insult them because that's who they are..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

shut up there, he is called a servant just accept and stop making excuse that doesn't hold water . U mean Jesus was raised with that dishonored body? Does it have blood since flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God ?/

Silly little girl, idiot.....Now you have mouth to talk, when you lied and you were confronted did you respond, now you can talk.... stupid if Jesus wasnt raised in that body why did he have the nail prints in his hands and legs and his pierced side, liars

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:10pm On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:
To address point 2

During the course of discussion on Sum and Substance , A question was posed to Zodiakzax that did Jesus know the end ? He knowing Matt 24:36 said because Jesus is human . he didn't know. So it was asked if that excuse is genuine, Why didn't Holy spirit know?

Logically if holy spirit is a person, it should have been mentioned alongside son and Father at Matthew 24:36. Banker!

But it wasn't , Explaining this Zodiakzax posted that holy spirit hasn't been revealed before that time ( His purpose of saying this is to remove it from the nobody) , but while explaining he made a serious blunder that he cannot rectify without falling into different loopholes .

He said on 7:26pm on November 30

The identify of that HIM . is not something Zodiakzax can do easily , He said that him is not God the Father 3:16am , December 1

Later it includes God the Father again : contradicting himself as posted on 7:26pm on November 30 forgetting I didn't assume but he has said holyspirit is within that Him and One with God which he later said was the Father above.

I want him to reconcile the above contradiction:

" One WITH God "
" one With the Father "

" within God "

Can't be within itself

Within something means that is another entity entirely.

Captivator , OneJ , Gruni1234

Point 2

grin grin grin grin grin Mr analyses I will soon give you a taste of your own medicine let's see what you will say... misquoting someone is the way if that's how to debate now... If you are not scared why don't you post all my statements..look at you taking them out of context. No need to respond to this I can do same.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
There is nothing you can get from reading comments of argumentators on social media my friend. Because each person will just continue to quote the Bible mostly out of context.
If you want to know anything about Jesus of Nazareth, i'll implore you to consider reading through the Bible paying attention to His own utterances,think over what this young man had in mind before talking and then try to figure out those OBEYING His instructions around you today.
His name has survived the most powerful enemies of good reputation in human history so Satan(the principal enemy of truth) has changed his system from "if you can't beat them, join them" to "if you can't beat them, LEAD them" So today many are fighting hard against Jesus' true followers but they thought they're doing so for Jesus.
I'll only give you one single sign. Every religion that's promoting personal interests in the minds of adherents can't be Christians because Jesus is an advocate of selflessness. Matthew 10:39,16:25,Mark 8:35,36,Luke 9:24,17:33
As for your question regarding how humans came up with the idea of the existence of God, i'll like you to ask any questions that comes into your heart and please don't hide your feelings because that's the only way you can get to the root of the sacred secret. If you believe in the power of reasoning, that will be ideal for our discussion since you don't believe in a written document like the Bible so we can make use of our brains and intellect. All are gifts from JEHOVAH but for now let's concentrate on what you think we can use to solve the riddle "our human brains". Thank you!

You see how foolish you are? the guy said hes learning something, you are here saying he can't, are you a witch? You see your people pooing on themselves here so you want to stop someone from learning, stupid pagan..

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2018
Gruni1234:

Sir, first of all show evidences where he said the "Holy Spirit Hasn't been revealed before that time" what he said was the holy spirit wasn't FULLY revealed, and also used the word "COMPLETELY". Like I said you are not qualified to do this.

Also zodiakzax told us the identity of that him to be God. This shouldn't be difficult to understand Sir, if I say "the Spirit is Not You", what does it mean? It means you are not the spirit. So if i say "the spirit of barristter is him", what do I mean? Meaning that spirit is you. The Trinitarians believe in a truine God so if he says God in question there is God in totality and not one part of the Godhead, it's understandable given their belief. You don't believe in a truine God so it is your assumption that God there is God the Father. Paul said God, not God the Father, was the point zodiakzax made. Sir, you see this wouldn't solve anything because he will also come and do the same. We are not unlearned to determine truth for ourselves? Nay, I can be able to determine all you guys said per evidences you brought. Also I think you should leave OneJ out of your cc's so it wouldn't cause any fumes again. Thank you

And that's why it's good to have readers, carefully following the arguments. Every debator thinks he is right, who will think he's wrong? That's why it's up to the readers to examine and comment on what they read...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
As i said earlier it's not on social media that you can grasp the concept of Jesus' ministry. According to the Bible, the young man ordered His followers to go and meet people in their homes. Perhaps for the sake of answering thought provoking questions that may arise as a result of divers religious beliefs of His time and to allow those considering all the various presentations from different religious groups.
Jesus taught His followers to be bold enough to speak with anyone no matter the position of such a person in the society. So they always try to make a diffense before whoever ask for reason of their beliefs.
The organization has NO reason to bother about arguments on social media, neither are they worried about whatever any person or group of persons say, print or do about our activities as long as each other religious group is free to practice whatever they believe, Jehovah's Witnesses don't care whatever people say against the organization.
What each dedicated member of the group saw that attracted us to the organization is their works which can be seen all around the globe. So whoever wants to do something that's of significance before a dedicated member of the organization should only present another group that's performing better than this group and you'll see how watchtower will become history. But any complaints made against a well established group with adequately equipped and fully competent followers will just amount to envy!
So are you now convinced that God really exist due to the arguments from all these commentators?

My friend shut your mouth, if you can't follow and understand Christ through social media then keep that to yourself, obviously you are not taught to be an independent thinker.... robots
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:

Which proper analysis ?

If truly You are sincere, you should know scripture explains scripture NOT contradict it. If his position on Sum and substance was correct , Why can't he explain the context of that Hebrew and show why that verse didn't negate his view ??

See how you become rough and attack an innocent reader who critically analyses our debate. That's how they are gruni.... bunch of mad dogs..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Coming from someone who believes his all loving jehovah will slaughter people cos they chose not to join the new York publishing company called watchtower organization.

You are still yet to give the name of the group Christians in the Bible were called. You think I have forgotten.

He said there was no name and no group yet he wants name of group....sick fellows, you are soaked in your own vomits.... stupid occultist..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
Barristter07:

This is exactly why you are not fit to do any analysis here .

He said :

" . The Spirit of God is the same as Him "

The SAME as.

There are two options

1. The Father

2. Triune God

Either way , 1. Means holy spirit is the same as Father . ( this is why he denied 1) unfortunately for him , zodiakzax main reason for quoting that verse is to show that when Jesus said ONLY the Father. Knows, holy spirit knows since he is same as the Father ( that's why he used the verse in the first place , I never accuse him of going out of context for using another chapter or Bible book . keep this in mind. Instead I was able to discuss it with him now he entered problem

2 means holy spirit is the same as Triune God ( Father , son and itself )

So holy spirit is the SAME as Father , Son and itself.

Mr Gruni1234, If you are now sincere ... Ask him that since holy spirit is the same as triune God, does that means Father and son were shared between Moses and the 70 men ??

grin grin grin grin grin... assumption man, you are so dumb that common English is difficult for you.... I said the Holy Spirit is the same as Father and Son... can you show me where I said that?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:29pm On Dec 04, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

I showed you something, instead of addressing it you ran to John 1:1 translation . very biased individual . on this issue of John 1:1 you have no point , Someone already pointed out that " a god " is not a wrong translation of theos . so be it. address the issue I present to you at first

Try to shut up and read carefully, if you can't read and understand go andgive it to someone to do so. That's not even the point he was making.... illiterates....pagans
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by stancod(m): 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2018
MVLOX:

check well please .....we believe in Hell but not Hell fire
pls whats the difference between HELL&HELL FIRE
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2018
TATIME:
NO my friend! Indians believe Krishna is GOD, Orientals believe Buddha is GOD, Roman's believe Jupiter is GOD and so on. You can't distinguish between any of these deities unless you mention their names!
The title God simply connotes reverence, fear, submission or worship. So when Paul wrote that Christians have One God, he is simply emphasizing the need for oneness in thoughts, doctrines and teachings.
The title "God" was also used in ancient times for human rulers who have the power to determine the fate of their subjects, So my friend the title 'GOD" means nothing before them unless such so called GOD does something worthwhile just as you are demanding from those who claims to believe in God. Exodus 5:2-4
The irony of this is it's the same you that's demanding for evidence to prove the existence of God that's now defending the idea of one single God, it's that not awful?
Well let me help you out. Muslims are not worshippers of the true God, because they don't even know the name or the laws of Jehovah (the God of Israel). Moreover the Arab world are the first four nations to rule the world that's why they're trying to get back that dominance as they're convinced that Rome ruled longer because of the influence of the Catholic Church, they want to employ the religious system of politics.

grin grin grin grin grin... Tatime the dumb one, so Indians, Buddhist, Romans believed in only one God? grin grin grin
.you would have been killed for this blasphemy... stupid kid, do you know how many gods and goddesses these people have and each one with what they do? Look at you comparing yourself with pagans... stupid Muslim boy... Comparing yourself to pagans...

Besides the ģuy was even talking about greek gods undecided undecided kissyou have eaten too much shit that your brains and eyes are closed.... dogs
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:44pm On Dec 04, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

Barrister was right that you are not fit to do any analysis here, when Tatime ask you to read 1 Corinthians 8:5,6 did you ? U dont or your bias mind is so at work that you didnt see where it reveal the identity of that one God.

English Standard Version
yet for us there is one God, the Father , from whom are all things

Who is the one God ?

Who is one Lord? You are here shouting God alone is Lord, no Lord above Him, Who is the one Lord? You will see he will run away like a scared dog..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 11:49pm On Dec 04, 2018
OneJ:

@ brocab, the SERIAL LIAR (& his crew) ;

Your trinity friends have entered one chance.....

They will come here to vent their frustrations ,resort to name calling & insults rather than accept the truth.

ha ha, mumu man talking about himself again
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2018
OneJ:

Gruni1234 is not being honest.
Many scholars agree that in John 1:1 "the word is a god" is accurate because it is the same Greek grammatical construct with Acts 28:6, 12:22,. Other scholars hold a different opinion. That's actually what "John 1:1 Wikipedia" said , but U came to NL to twist the facts.
Intellectual dishonesty.

Let's see if the evidence supported your claims.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/ english/divine

Divine, definition
1. "Connected with a god, or like a god".

https://biblehub.com/greek/2304.htm

theios - divine
divinity, deity
( Latinnumendivinum)
not only used by the Greeks to denote the divine nature, power, providence, in the general, with out reference to any individual deity"

In other words that verse actually means that Jesus Christ has godlike qualities, attributes of a god.
John 1:1, " the word is a god, (NWT) is accurate.

OneJ, you are stupid little boy, didn't I tell you to go answer my question, you like quoting dictionary to support your stupid claim, not that you even understand them, when i used the dictionary to ask you a question did you answer? And here you are trying to teach something that is above that stupid brains of yours
.. illiterate like you... stupid boy... If you don't have the brains to debate don't come here and be saying stupid things... pagans....fools Who believe in many gods..... so the people saying Paul was a god were Jews or Christians right? You guys sound so stupid sometimes....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:52pm On Dec 04, 2018
The world is full of translators, and the bible had been tossed and rolled over from one language to another, but what you are not understanding is 'at the beginning the apostles wrote the scriptures-led by God, 'it is common sense to know our "flesh wars against the Spirit" there are to many interpretations, because man without the Spirit of God is not satisfied with only One God..
{2 Peter 1:20-21} Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit
It's the Spirit of God who gives us discernment about these different interpretations, I prefer the KJ's..
Gruni1234:
The understanding is clear enough. What you might say I need your Holy Spirit for is to show me that God exists, show me God's power which he is yet to do, that's if God exists.
{John 4:48} Jesus said: "Unless you people see signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe.
If your Christians friends does not show you the fruit of the Spirit by good conduct-and you fill you need more evidence to prove if God exist, then I would be questioning about ones faith-do they walk as they love God, or do they walk enjoying the comforts of worldly lust?
Gruni1234:
You see I've dealt with Christians for some time now and I've really met good open minded ones.
You look for a sign-blind as you are-you don't see the power of God working through your good Christian friends, you did say: these are the same people you dine with, you drink and eat with, and still you look for a sign-If God really exist? By their fruit we know them?
Thomas said: he will not believe until he puts his fingers into Jesus side and hands-Jesus said: bless is he who believes without seeing.
Gruni1234:

That is not the case Young Sir, the new testament was written in Greek. To translate and transliterate to English you need scholars. The Apostles of Jesus did not write in English, they wrote medieval greek. Scholars including Atheist Scholars helped in some versions of the bible, especially in the meanings of the Greek words. You can do a search yourself. You see I've dealt with Christians for some time now and I've really met good open minded ones. For example the Witnesses are saying Jesus is an angel, I was presented with two debaters on both sides trying to defend their claim. Evidence provided was Hebrews that says Jesus was not an angel, I don't think I need your Holy Spirit to understand this. The understanding is clear enough. What you might say I need your Holy Spirit for is to show me that God exists, show me God's power which he is yet to do, that's if God exists.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:00am On Dec 05, 2018
johnw47:

ha ha, mumu man talking about himself again

Don't mind him he's just a stupid kid, when he said Jesus was begotten beacsue he was the messianic king only to be shown that He was wrong and that Christ was begotten before creation, and that his own organization doesnt teach what he teaches, he quickly wanted to change it...

According to dictionary their founder is Charles Russel, I asked him 3 times if he believes that Russel was their founder, he never answered, he's such a foolish boy.. stupid kid sucking his mothers breast...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:07am On Dec 05, 2018
TATIME:
NO my friend! Indians believe Krishna is GOD, Orientals believe Buddha is GOD, Roman's believe Jupiter is GOD and so on. You can't distinguish between any of these deities unless you mention their names!
The title God simply connotes reverence, fear, submission or worship. So when Paul wrote that Christians have One God, he is simply emphasizing the need for oneness in thoughts, doctrines and teachings.
The title "God" was also used in ancient times for human rulers who have the power to determine the fate of their subjects, So my friend the title 'GOD" means nothing before them unless such so called GOD does something worthwhile just as you are demanding from those who claims to believe in God. Exodus 5:2-4
The irony of this is it's the same you that's demanding for evidence to prove the existence of God that's now defending the idea of one single God, it's that not awful?
Well let me help you out. Muslims are not worshippers of the true God, because they don't even know the name or the laws of Jehovah (the God of Israel). Moreover the Arab world are the first four nations to rule the world that's why they're trying to get back that dominance as they're convinced that Rome ruled longer because of the influence of the Catholic Church, they want to employ the religious system of politics.

Stupid Muslim, you were not even a proper Muslims, why dont you people just remove your brains from your ass and read carefully what someone is trying to say...did he tell you whether Muslims worship the true God or not? Why are you so dumb? He said Muslims believe there's only one God and that's Allah, who cares whether Allah is real or not the true God? The point is they believe in One God not many gods like you pagans... illiterates... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 12:57am On Dec 05, 2018
zodiakzax:

Who is one Lord? You are here shouting God alone is Lord, no Lord above Him, Who is the one Lord? You will see he will run away like a scared dog..

Just tell him that since the statement "there is one God the father" means only the father is God then there is one Lord, Jesus Christ means only Jesus Christ is Lord.

Tell him there is no room for cherry picking abi his jehovah loves to cherry pick?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:11am On Dec 05, 2018
Gruni1234:

Yes my dear. It is, the appropriate should have been God or divine. No one had the right to assume it was a smaller god. I have done enough search into that when OneJ asked me to, and from all angles including Atheist greek scholars, the word was divine, that should be left alone as it is or as God. You become a polytheist which your very religion is against. Polytheism is the believe in many gods. So if you say the word is a god, you them say there are two gods.

false jw's do say there are two gods
a almighty god (father) and a mighty god (son)
it's no wonder their confusion leads them to believe that the Word is "a god"
contrary to what God inspired John to say
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:24am On Dec 05, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

It also said one Lord Jesus Christ.
Who is the one Lord?

the Word Jesus is Lord of Lords:

YAHWEH
Deu_10:17  For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Jesus
Rev_17:14  These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:44am On Dec 05, 2018
OneJ:

Gruni1234 is not being honest.
Many scholars agree that in John 1:1 "the word is a god" is accurate because it is the same Greek grammatical construct with Acts 28:6, 12:22,. Other scholars hold a different opinion. That's actually what "John 1:1 Wikipedia" said , but U came to NL to twist the facts.
Intellectual dishonesty.

Let's see if the evidence supported your claims.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/ english/divine

Divine, definition
1. "Connected with a god, or like a god".

https://biblehub.com/greek/2304.htm

theios - divine
divinity, deity
( Latinnumendivinum)
not only used by the Greeks to denote the divine nature, power, providence, in the general, with out reference to any individual deity"

In other words that verse actually means that Jesus Christ has godlike qualities, attributes of a god.
John 1:1, " the word is a god, (NWT) is accurate.

the same word "theos" is used for the Father
so according to you false jw onej the Father being called God(theos)
is connected with a god, or like a god
and the Father has godlike qualities, attributes of a god
the Father is "a god"

but not so oh mumu man who loves to lie and change what God says, which is calling God a liar

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God(theos), and the Word was God(theos).

many bible verses show the Word to be God, i will post some if you ask, laugh

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:51am On Dec 05, 2018
OneJ:

Your sickness done upload.
IBERIBEISM enters "play" mode.
Stupidity steeped in delusion, bigotry & anti JW virus=.
Mumu for life.

and yet what Hairyrapunzel said is true and you couldn't answer it
so your reply to the truth is to accuse and insult
like your daddy would do

see the true false jw smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 3:05am On Dec 05, 2018
many moons ago when false jw's visited me speaking the name Jehovah very often
i started talking about the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
one of them said: "don't talk about Jesus He is no one"
i showed them the door
one of them slipped and fell on the stairs
poor devil
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 3:11am On Dec 05, 2018
TATIME:
Na wa o! So this argument is still causing traffic on NL, well i congratulate Seun for creating this so that people can pour out what they can't even discuss with their neighbors for God's sake but for the sake of argument they can continue till eternity.
Just 17 fact about a group and the next thing is endless arguments. cheesy cheesy
I believe if all these argumentators can be this persistent in going to discuss God's word with enthusiasm, surely Jehovah's Witnesses won't have a say. But it's just so pathetic that they lack the humility, chastity and self-control couple with incompetency regarding what the Bible REALLY teach, therefore they choose to argue facelessly behind social media. grin grin grin

and now you tatime are again causing traffic on NL
choosing to argue facelessly behind social media

you are a false jw pharisee hypocrite
of course
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 3:13am On Dec 05, 2018
it's interisting that Gruni, not yet a believer, is kicking false jw's butt using the bible
but then false jw's god satan is powerless against truth
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 3:49am On Dec 05, 2018
TATIME:
Just listen to yourself my friend. First you're an atheist, next you're an observer, then you turned to a judge between debators and now you're claiming that Jesus truly exist but with all of these you can't grasp the fact that this "Jesus" gave specific instructions as in orders to His followers so you don't think a commander like Jesus should have VISIBLE army that's under His control. wink wink
If you don't know something, just try to learn in order to gain insight. All atheists,no matter how you define them have one thing in common "they don't want to be controlled by another intelligent creature like themselves"
That's why i strongly believe that whoever claims to be a Christian but not belonging to any religious group is indirectly an atheist, because if they're under the umbrella of a religious group~~~~

so a non denominational christian having God's gift of strong faith is indirectly an atheist

see your false jw lies, no of course you don't, your god has blindede you:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

false jw tat, what garbage you speak

christians know that the false jw org.
is a church of satans false prophets
having given many false prophecies,
ask me about them, and
teaching that:

The Word is "a god"

teaching that:

there are in fact "two gods"

a almighty god the father
and a mighty god the son

teaching that:

Jesus body wasn't resurrected

false jw, your umbrella leaks
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:13am On Dec 05, 2018
TATIME:
You're wrong my friend, because 90% of atheists today were formerly claiming Christians until they noticed that their so called men of God are doing nothing but making fortunes from their stupidity! cheesy cheesy
The Watchtower made its riches through other associated members of the Watchtower! Either it's through tithes, or from other methods of manipulation-the stupidity of all this, is, your Church is running with all the other 90% because they had manipulate the scriptures to gain financial support.
TATIME:
For your information, the only tangible reason for joining atheism is to be free from control, some will selfishly start their own church so that instead of being led, they will lead others.
You are wrong, Atheist are not free they are bound by the law..
TATIME:
1992 when i was studying the Bible with JWs, Mr David Oyedepo now titled "Bishop" was also studying with the same person, it was the same book "You can live forever in Paradise on earth" that the JW was using to conduct the study until Oyedepo started behaving funny. That's when the JW stopped studying with him, he said "it's like the man is determined to become rich as a pastor rather serve the true God"
You use this man as your weapon to be a good example-against the Church of God-bishop Oyedepo is a small man in the flesh, who claims to know Christ-a man of prosperity, and you claim he was taught and studied with the JW's..
TATIME:
There's no way you can be a Christian without knowing how to preach and teach with efficiency. Many following Jehovah's Witnesses organization but who wants to be independent of control became atheists and that's exactly what happened to many who were also blindly following pastors.
Then there is no way you can claim to be called a Christian in the first place-knowing you don't preach Christ, just like the atheist they refuse Christ also..
TATIME:
You're wrong my friend, because 90% of atheists today were formerly claiming Christians until they noticed that their so called men of God are doing nothing but making fortunes from their stupidity! cheesy cheesy
There's no way you can be a Christian without knowing how to preach and teach with efficiency. Many following Jehovah's Witnesses organization but who wants to be independent of control became atheists and that's exactly what happened to many who were also blindly following pastors.
For your information, the only tangible reason for joining atheism is to be free from control, some will selfishly start their own church so that instead of being led, they will lead others. The bitter truth is that many of your so called pastors knew so much about Jehovah's Witnesses but they choose to start their own. 1992 when i was studying the Bible with JWs, Mr David Oyedepo now titled "Bishop" was also studying with the same person, it was the same book "You can live forever in Paradise on earth" that the JW was using to conduct the study until Oyedepo started behaving funny. That's when the JW stopped studying with him, he said "it's like the man is determined to become rich as a pastor rather serve the true God"
So he knew the truth but choose to sell his conscience for riches! Matthew 6:24
Whoever has ears let him listen. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 5:35am On Dec 05, 2018
johnw47:

the same word "theos" is used for the Father
so according to you false jw onej the Father being called God(theos)
is connected with a god, or like a god
and the Father has godlike qualities, attributes of a god
the Father is "a god"

but not so oh mumu man who loves to lie and change what God says, which is calling God a liar

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God(theos), and the Word was God(theos).

many bible verses show the Word to be God, i will post some if you ask, laugh 

mumu post of serial liars everywhere. Greek
theos basically means god / gods,goddess.
The Greek language does not distinguish upper case & lower case , as it is in English. Mumu people, theos is god.
Translators of the Bible into English changed theos to god/ God where appropriate.

John1:1a - in the beginning was the word
John 1:1b- the word was with the god (that's how it is written in Greek)
( John 1:1a/b , there is definite article "the"wink
John 1:1c - the word is god (no definite article there precedes "god", as it is in John 1:1b.

Therefore, indefinite article "a" must precede "god". Hence, Acts 12:22, 28:6,John 1:1c is
" a god." That's the rule of Greek grammar Your KJV knows this , but stuck to falsehood in John 1:1c.

The oldest Bible far older than any English Bible , the Sahidic Coptic Bible in John 1:1c reads. "a god".

"Every one who believes that Jesus is the Messiah has been born from God (Yahweh) and everyone who loves the parent (Yahweh) loves the child" - 1 John 5:1.
But , umu iberibe upgraded the child to usurp his parent by fire by force.
Lol
Una stupidity no go end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Righteousness Rises" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.