Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (369965 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:27am On Dec 13, 2018
Yes the hole world does see, the JW's in action, and the hole world can read too, and after reading your so called love you have for other Christians outside your denomination, shows truly whom you are and what you stand for..
TATIME:
Friends that's none functioning, nothing to show for their friendship except arguing bitterly and facelessly on social media!
Hellooooooo the whole world can SEE Jehovah's Witnesses and the Love that permeates that single group!John 13:34,35 smiley smiley smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:37am On Dec 13, 2018
All I see is pictures of people posing, who are they, are they anybody special? Are they clowns at a carnival, why are they posing for the camera..Are they selling something-are they selling themselves, do they need food, clothing, do they need a home.
TATIME:
Pagans having visible,bold and confident Witnesses to show for their Paganism but true worshippers dispassed,faceless,timid and without any visible witnesses for identification! embarassed embarassed
Abeg oga, Shey you fit change the subject? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:40am On Dec 13, 2018
Very True.
johnw47:

Hello brocab

What a Friend we have in Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 13, 2018
TruthinAction:

The Scripture never said a day is equivalent to a thousand years. Here what it says,

Psalms 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but AS YESTERDAY when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord AS A thousand years, and a thousand years AS ONE day.

The scriptures above never said a thousand years is equivalent to a day. If you still have a problem understanding the difference, please go back to school. It is a figure of speech.

Saying someone is as bold as a lion does not make him a lion.
Why is it that whenever someone tries to be sure of what most preachers are saying, the next thing is insult and anger? But Jehovah's Witnesses aren't like that in all their presentations (1Peter 3:15)
You can only see someone facelessly insulting you on social media claiming to be one of Jehovah's witnesses. The truth is that Jehovah's witnesses aren't trained to preach facelessly so whenever you see someone arguing bitterly with anger know today that such a person is still an interested person NOT A CONFIRMED member of the organization,so they prefer to preach FACELESSLY on social media since they've not gotten the power of the Holy Spirit which gives true preachers boldness, confidence and coupled with virtue. Act 1:8 compared with Act 26:24-29
That's why i've been asking some of your friends on NL to direct me to those who can be seen since it's obvious all of them are lacking in self-control, perhaps i'll found someone well behaved with deep respect with their approach like the JWs. undecided undecided
What is clearly stated in the Bible is "Adam will die" if he disobey certain instructions( Genesis 2:17) and the Bible confirmed that Adam lived 930 years and finally DIED! Genesis 5:5
You actually discarded an inspired Bible book (Ecclesiastes) because it doesn't go well with your assertions,but i quickly turned to other points to follow up with you perhaps you've gotten it right,but instead you're now angry. angry angry
Well you've given an explanation on why you believe that souls can't die but it's like souls according to my own understanding of the Bible means the personality and it surely dies or seize to exist. Ezekiel 18:4
It would have been ideal if you give sound proofs than to debunk what God's Holy Spirit actually inspired a man of God to pen down for teaching and setting matters straight! 2Timothy 3:16,2Peter 1:21
For your information Sir, off all those inspired of God before the coming of Christ, He(Jesus) publicly declared that Solomon was FULLY inspired with words of wisdom! Matthew 12:42
So if Jesus commended Solomon's wisdom , i can't understand how you can speak against what he(Solomon) penned down under the influence of God's Holy Spirit! embarassed embarassed
I'm now convinced that you're not in anyway different from your friends with the trait you're now displaying, initially i was contemplating meeting you in person perhaps you can display the fine qualities that's obvious in JWs. Matthew 7:15-20
Let me tell you my mind today! I wasn't born a JW and i hate that religion(Jehovah's Witnesses) with a passion i tried all i could to find another happy group just to forget about them but i can't just beat the feeling that they're the ONE and ONLY group that's gotten all the credits when it comes to displaying the qualities of God's Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22,23
God bless you Sir!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 13, 2018
brocab:
Yes the hole world does see, the JW's in action, and the hole world can read too, and after reading your so called love you have for other Christians outside your denomination, shows truly whom you are and what you stand for..
Sorry Sir Jesus Christ Himself knew very well that Mary "His mother" and Simon, Joseph, Jude and James "His blood brothers" (Matthew 13:55) are also worshippers of the God of Israel, before He publicly declared He is much more attached to those having the same mindset with Him! Matthew 12:46-50
So we're extending our love to you by coming to discuss with you in your homes perhaps to reason together and have the same mindset. Isaiah 1:18
But since you're labeling us as "CULT" we can't force you to believe what we believe neither are we going to participate in any kind of sacred services with you!
For your information Sir, Mary(Jesus' mother) later started putting faith in Jesus that's why He entrusted her care in the hands of John (a disciple). John 19:26,27
It's evident that James and Jude later became Christians but Mary would have gone to rest by then!
So we're expecting that one of these days many of you antagonists would see reasons to agree that certainly Christianity shouldn't be divided against itself, but a happy global family of believers having the same mindset and line of thought! Romans 15:5,6,1Corinthians 1:10,2Corinthians13:11,Ephesians 4:1,3,Philippians 2:2
If our beliefs are contradicting and conflicting, surely we're not worshipping the same One and only TRUE God, it can only be Satan (god of confusion) who promote diversity amongst those claiming to be worshippers! 2Corinthians 4:4, Ephesians 2:2, 1John 5:19
God bless you Sir!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 7:10am On Dec 13, 2018
TruthinAction:

Yes, the dead will still remain conscious.

Genesis 2:17 says,But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The death referred to here is spiritual death which later led to physical death. Spiritual death is separation from the life of God. That is why they were afraid when they heard the voice of God in the Garden of Eden. They have lost the very life and nature of God and the nature of the devil took over. There is no fear in God's nature.

If he was talking about physical death, they would have died that very day. The physical death they later experienced was the result of the spiritual death.

Even today, the Bible refers to those who are not in Christ as dead people - Matthew 8:22, 1st Timothy 5:6.

Genesis 3:17-19 says

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; note

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

In knowledge impactation, you don't give information beyond what the brain could absorb. For instance, when you are in Nursery school, they will teach you that there are five vowels sounds but after you reach a particular level, you are told that there are 24 vowel sounds in the English alphabet.

Adam and Eve where the first created being and they have not had any form of education. So God had to give them information they could take. The information in itself is not false but it's deeper than that.

Dust thou art refers to the physical body. The physical body came from the dust and it will return to the dust. God did not mention anything about the spirit or the soul. But later part of the Scriptures let us know that the soul of the lost goes to hell.

Romans 6:23 says For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The death referred here is eternal separation from God. It also means to be cut off from the life of God which is eternal life.

Ecclesiastes 9:4-7 reads

4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

This information was written by King Solomon and it is wrong. King Solomon was not a prophet and he did not say it was God who gave him that information. Not every statement in the Bible is truth but everything in the Bible is truly stated.

If you read the book of Job, Job said so many things during his period of affliction and they were recorded. But God told him that the things he said were without knowledge.

Job 32:1-2
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE?

If God had not made this comment, today the Church will take everything written in the book of Job as the word of God because it is part of the Bible.

Even Job acknowledged that he said things he did not understand.

Job 42:1-3.

1 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee. note

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I UTTERED THAT I UNDERSTOOD NOT; things too wonderful for me, which I knew.

So, if you really want to establish a doctrine, focus more on the teachings of Jesus because he himself is the TRUTH. Quoting from any part of the Bible will mislead you and generate controversies. Any other portion of the Bible that contradicts Jesus teaching should be discarded. This is the safest way to establish a doctrine.

Thank you so much.

Adam died the same day as he could not make it to 1, 000 years which is a day in the eyes of God. grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 13, 2018
brocab:
All I see is pictures of people posing, who are they, are they anybody special? Are they clowns at a carnival, why are they posing for the camera..Are they selling something-are they selling themselves, do they need food, clothing, do they need a home.
Sorry Sir i forgot to add a label!
These are Jehovah's Witnesses from different parts of the earth, unitedly worshipping their God as one big happy family!
Their backgrounds, upbringing, nationality, culture and skin color totally differs but as regards their beliefs and mindset THEY ARE ONE! John 17:15-19
But if you look carefully at them you'll notice (according to what you RIGHTLY said) that these individuals are either "selling something, selling themselves, need food,clothin and homes" FOR REAL. cheesy cheesy cheesy
So you can do well to supply them with what they're BEGGING for at least to show some concern like your charitable friend Pastor,Reverend,Father,Most Sn Apostle, Prophet, Dr zodiakzax (all protocol duly observed) grin grin grin

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2018
Surely what Jesus said is 100% accurate! The Lord said "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"
I wonder where i would have been now if not for the Love shown by Jehovah's Witnesses.
Well to all Jehovah's Witnesses out there, i'm saying "Thank YOU, Thank Jesus and the greatest Thanks goes to JEHOVAH the Provider of every perfect gift" for assembling YOU loving and caring people from different races together for all these fine works!
Jehovah's Witnesses, thank YOU! 2Corinthians 13:11-14

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2018
TATIME:
Surely what Jesus said is 100% accurate! The Lord said "you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"
I wonder where i would have been now if not for the Love shown by Jehovah's Witnesses.
Well to all Jehovah's Witnesses out there, i'm saying "Thank YOU, Thank Jesus and the greatest Thanks goes to JEHOVAH the Provider of every perfect gift" for assembling YOU loving and caring people from different races together for all these fine works!
Jehovah's Witnesses, thank YOU! 2Corinthians 13:11-14

I have always wondered how you JW and the Sabbatharians apply the name of Jesus into your programs.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2018
brodalokie:

I have always wondered how you JW and the Sabbatharians apply the name of Jesus into your programs.
You don't need to wonder or wander Sir.
My brothers and sisters are always coming to knock on your doors, you'll see them standing quietly at bus terminals by our carts. So why not welcome one of us and ask whatever question you have?
Jesus actually sent His own followers to go and meet people in their homes. Matthew 10:3-15 compared to Malachi 3:16-18
He knew very well that during the last days false religious groups claiming Christians will be everywhere. Matthew 24:23-25
One thing that none of them will be able to do is "humbly going to meet people in their homes despite all ridicules and insults" because arrogant,self esteemed, prideful and title lovers won't do that! Matthew 23:8
So you may do well to welcome Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighborhood to know why or what we've got to do with Jesus! Act 1:8
God bless you Sir!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 8:28am On Dec 13, 2018
TATIME:
You don't need to wonder or wander Sir.
My brothers and sisters are always coming to knock on your doors, you'll see them standing quietly at bus terminals by our carts. So why not welcome one of us and ask whatever question you have?
Jesus actually sent His own followers to go and meet people in their homes. Matthew 10:3-15 compared to Malachi 3:16-18
He knew very well that during the last days false religious groups claiming Christians will be everywhere. Matthew 24:23-25
One thing that none of them will be able to do is "humbly going to meet people in their homes despite all ridicules and insults" because arrogant,self esteemed, prideful and title lovers won't do that! Matthew 23:8
So you may do well to welcome Jehovah's Witnesses in your neighborhood to know why or what we've got to do with Jesus! Act 1:8
God bless you Sir!

You are damn right. They are always knocking on my with heart cutting messages from a source I know little about. The point is that they are confusing me
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 13, 2018
This man is brainless, i wonder how he could utter such stupid comment. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2018
He is on reverse psychology.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 13, 2018
brodalokie:

You are damn right. They are always knocking on my with heart cutting messages from a source I know little about. The point is that they are confusing me
That's exactly why Jesus sent His followers out to go in search of people (humble and honesthearted ones) who feels the need of worshipping God in the right sense. But there's another powerful spirit out there that's making things complicated( John 14:30,2Corinthians 4:4, 1John 5:19) so for you to ascertain who is truthfully working for Jesus you must be mild, and you must always think of righteousness. Psalms 37:9-11,Proverbs 2:20,21,Zephaniah 2:2,3 compared to Matthew 5:5
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 13, 2018
brodalokie:
He is on reverse psychology.
Hmmmmmmmmmm you may be right you know, because the man spoke according to what is obvious to his sight and intellect so you only need to try and verify for certain before concluding. smiley smiley
For example Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe said "i can only trust Jehovah's Witnesses when it comes to representatives of God in all things" so as the first ceremonial president of Nigeria, he insisted that it's only the Jehovah's Witnesses that he could respect to come and offer prayers for Nigeria at a memorable event during the early 60s!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 8:51am On Dec 13, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin grin..So why will the gods in psalm 82 die like mere men? Do Gods die? grin grin grin grin..stupid illiterate... these are jugdes, men who God give opportunity to pronounce judgement.... stupid pagan... if Jesus is a god and angels are gods then God is a fool to say I alone I'm God and apart from me there's none.. there's none before me or after me... then Paul is a fool to say there are many lords and many gods but unto us there's but One God and One Lord...... pagan...idiot

"Praise be to the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ," ( Eph 1:3) Jehovah ,our Father and our God, who said his sons are gods and Jesus Christ his son is a god.
Make eee dey pain U.
The truth is never sweet to the ears & hearts of modern day trinity fraud Pharisees
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by gurusubai7(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2018
New lesson! For your spiritual enlightenment....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hMkotu-TQw[b][/b]2

Kindly subscribe and share.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2018
johnw47:

talk about a mumu brain with no understanding

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

God in that verse is "Elohim" which is plural
now it's not talking about plural gods because we know that God is one
so it is talking about plural persons that is God, and which created the heaven and the earth

and here they are creating man:

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Your fake John 1:1 is a contradiction of Yahweh's revelation to Simon Peter (Matt 16:13-17. Matt 3:16,17) and the holy Bible.

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/8-22.htm

"Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation" Proverb 8:22.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" Eph 1:3.

" Jesus said ,The scriptures can not be broken (contradicted), I am God's son"
John 10:34-36. Jesus Christ is a god.

After he was created, Yahweh said " let us make man in our image"

Jesus Christ is the image of his Father , Yahweh , and the first born of ALL creation"
Col 1:15.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2018
johnw47:

talk about a mumu brain with no understanding

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

God in that verse is "Elohim" which is plural
now it's not talking about plural gods because we know that God is one
so it is talking about plural persons that is God, and which created the heaven and the earth

and here they are creating man:

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Your fake John 1:1 is a contradiction of Yahweh's revelation to Simon Peter (Matt 16:13-17. Matt 3:16,17) and the holy Bible.

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/8-22.htm

"Jehovah created me at the beginning of his creation" Proverb 8:22.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ" Eph 1:3.

" Jesus said ,The scriptures can not be broken (contradicted), I am God's son"
John 10:34-36. Jesus Christ is a god.

After Yahweh created Jesus & other angels, Yahweh said " let us make man in our image"

Jesus Christ is the image of his Father , Yahweh , and the first born of ALL creation"
Col 1:15.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2018
brodalokie:

Adam died the same day as he could not make it to 1, 000 years which is a day in the eyes of God. grin

Who has brainwashed you all to believe that one day is equivalent to a thousand years. The Scripture never said that.

It said a day is LIKE a thousand years. It also said a thousand years is LIKE a day. A son is like his father doesn't mean he is the father.

So please change your mentality. Otherwise, you are saying that one thousand years reign of Christ will be equivalent to one million years. Please reset your brain and get away from JW brainwashing doctrines. It just makes you reason in one direction.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2018
TATIME:
Why is it that whenever someone tries to be sure of what most preachers are saying, the next thing is insult and anger? But Jehovah's Witnesses aren't like that in all their presentations (1Peter 3:15)
You can only see someone facelessly insulting you on social media claiming to be one of Jehovah's witnesses. The truth is that Jehovah's witnesses aren't trained to preach facelessly so whenever you see someone arguing bitterly with anger know today that such a person is still an interested person NOT A CONFIRMED member of the organization,so they prefer to preach FACELESSLY on social media since they've not gotten the power of the Holy Spirit which gives true preachers boldness, confidence and coupled with virtue. Act 1:8 compared with Act 26:24-29
That's why i've been asking some of your friends on NL to direct me to those who can be seen since it's obvious all of them are lacking in self-control, perhaps i'll found someone well behaved with deep respect with their approach like the JWs. undecided undecided
What is clearly stated in the Bible is "Adam will die" if he disobey certain instructions( Genesis 2:17) and the Bible confirmed that Adam lived 930 years and finally DIED! Genesis 5:5
You actually discarded an inspired Bible book (Ecclesiastes) because it doesn't go well with your assertions,but i quickly turned to other points to follow up with you perhaps you've gotten it right,but instead you're now angry. angry angry
Well you've given an explanation on why you believe that souls can't die but it's like souls according to my own understanding of the Bible means the personality and it surely dies or seize to exist. Ezekiel 18:4
It would have been ideal if you give sound proofs than to debunk what God's Holy Spirit actually inspired a man of God to pen down for teaching and setting matters straight! 2Timothy 3:16,2Peter 1:21
For your information Sir, off all those inspired of God before the coming of Christ, He(Jesus) publicly declared that Solomon was FULLY inspired with words of wisdom! Matthew 12:42
So if Jesus commended Solomon's wisdom , i can't understand how you can speak against what he(Solomon) penned down under the influence of God's Holy Spirit! embarassed embarassed
I'm now convinced that you're not in anyway different from your friends with the trait you're now displaying, initially i was contemplating meeting you in person perhaps you can display the fine qualities that's obvious in JWs. Matthew 7:15-20
Let me tell you my mind today! I wasn't born a JW and i hate that religion(Jehovah's Witnesses) with a passion i tried all i could to find another happy group just to forget about them but i can't just beat the feeling that they're the ONE and ONLY group that's gotten all the credits when it comes to displaying the qualities of God's Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22,23
God bless you Sir!

Let me deal with the issue of the immorality of the soul and how to correlate it with other Scriptures that insinuate the the soul dies.

The first point I want to make is that in English language, most words have multiple usages. So why a particular word might mean this in a context, it means something else in another context. I will give a few examples to buttress my point.

If you check out the meaning of the word fellowship, see the different meaning attached to it from the dictionary.

Noun
1.A company of people that share the same interest or aim.
2.A feeling of friendship, relatedness or connection between people.
3.A merit-based scholarship.
4.A temporary position at an academic institution with limited teaching duties and ample time for research; this may also be called a postdoc.
(medicine)
5.A period of supervised, sub-specialty medical training in the United States and Canada that a physician may undertake after completing a specialty training program or residency.
6. (arithmetic) The proportional division of profit and loss among partners.

So it will be wrong to take for instance the first meaning and ascribe it to the word fellowship in every context.

In the same way, the word soul is not used in the same context everywhere in the Bible. See the dictionary definition of the word soul.

Noun
1. (religion) The spirit or essence of a person usually thought to consist of one's thoughts and personality. Often believed to live on after the person's death. ▼ show
2. The spirit or essence of anything.
3. Life, energy, vigor. ▼ show
4. (music) Soul music.
5. A person, especially as one among many. ▼ show
6. An individual life.
Fifty souls were lost when the ship sank.
7.(math) A kind of submanifold involved in the soul theorem of Riemannian geometry.

You see the different meaning ascribed to the word soul. However, in the biblical context, it is either used as point 1 or 6 above.

As point 1, it refers to that part of the man that does not die. It is the intellectual center of the man. It is the seat of emotion, reasonings and feelings. That is why the death are still conscious after death. It is the soul of man that goes to hell after death.

Apostle Peter in his first crusade talked about the soul of Jesus not left in hell. And he clearly distinguished it from his body which he said, God did not allow it to decay.

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh (body) did see corruption (decay).

But in other context, the word soul simply means the individual.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul (being).

Gen 12:5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls (people or individuals) that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.

In this context, the soul dies because it refers to the individual.

But in the other context, the soul is that part of a man that lives forever and has memory and very conscious.

Now concerning Solomon being acknowledged by Jesus as a man full of wisdom doesn't mean that all he said and did was right. King Solomon in his wisdom married 700 wives and had 300 concubines which led him astray from God. He even built houses for their gods.

Jesus is the embodiment of truth. Until Jesus came, certain truths were not very clear. He even gave counter instructions to is contrary to the law of Moses which the Jews adore.

If you want to know the truth about any subject, find out what Jesus and his Apostles taught on the subject. Don't use Ecclesiastes or Psalms or any other Old Testament book as an authority. We still get valuable information from the Old Testament but when it contradicts the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles, it should be discarded. Remember, Jesus is the one that has been appointed to judge the world, not Moses or Solomon.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2018
TruthinAction:

Who has brainwashed you all to believe that one day is equivalent to a thousand years. The Scripture never said that.

It said a day is LIKE a thousand years. It also said a thousand years is LIKE a day. A son is like his father doesn't mean he is the father.

So please change your mentality. Otherwise, you are saying that one thousand years reign of Christ will be equivalent to one million years. Please reset your brain and get away from JW brainwashing doctrines. It just makes you reason in one direction.

The father and the son are one. No one has seen God but the beloved that is in his bossom who is here declaring him.

The day you eat, that DAY (1,000 years) you shall die. And all the years that Adam lived was 930 years old and he died. He died the same day in God's calendar.
It was not by mistake that the psalmist wrote down that a day is like A thousand years

You think you can make it to that millennium? Some people think that Jesus is already with us and we are all in the millennium, waiting for Satan to be loosed to deceive the world if he is not loosen yet. Some others think that the beast out there somewhere running our economy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm you may be right you know, because the man spoke according to what is obvious to his sight and intellect so you only need to try and verify for certain before concluding. smiley smiley
For example Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe said "i can only trust Jehovah's Witnesses when it comes to representatives of God in all things" so as the first ceremonial president of Nigeria, he insisted that it's only the Jehovah's Witnesses that he could respect to come and offer prayers for Nigeria at a memorable event during the early 60s!

Good for him. I hope that statement didn't send people to prison then
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmm Solomon was uninspired so his written document regarding the condition of the dead IS WRONG! The Genesis account that says "you will SURELY die" means spiritual death!
Let's meditate thoroughly on what the scriptures presented to us Sir, you said "if HE(God) was talking about physical death, they would have died that very day"
But to me it's like Adam and Eve both died physically and spiritually that same day!
Please if i may ask how many hours makes one day? It's twenty four hours, right? But the Bible says to God a day before HIM is equivalent of One thousand years before humans. 2Peter 3:8 And to buttress that point neither Adam, Eve or any other of their descendants lived up to 1,000 years. If someone eats some sort of poison around 5 am in the morning and it's said that he would not survive that day, can we say that statement wasn't true if he died later around 11:45 pm that same day?
Nobody can say precisely how many years Adam had spent before eating the forbidden fruit, but all his days after eating that fruit amounts to 930 years and he died. Genesis 5:5 So after eating the fruit he surely lived less than 1,000 years! which means Adam actually died that same day considering 2Peter 3:8!
Right from that time onwards human's lifespan began dropping each generation,from 900 ~ 800 ~ 700 ~ 600 ~ 500 until our time now that most people usually die at 70 years and we'll start saying "Glorious exit"
Well your explanation is straightforward and thought provoking, but when it comes to the issue of the DAY Adam died, i think he died both physically and spiritually that same day! God bless you Sir.

So if Solomon was uninspired and what he wrote about death is wrong, then what happens to the Spirit when the body dies? ....stupid liars...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
brodalokie:

grin grin grin grin grin grin... if one day is 1000 then Adam should have been exactly 1000years before dying... grin grin grin..the day you shall eat you shall die, 1 day equal 1000 so Adam should have died exactly at yeah 1000.... abi? grin grin ..stupid illiterate....pagan who believes in two gods, one almighty and another Mighty... grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
So these are posing as men pleases, these are the Watchtowers servants, not the servants for Christ!!.Ok....
So they are not begging for food-nor are they begging for clothing, nor are they begging for forgiveness, nor repentance!
So they are just people not looking for love-personally-they are looking for numbers to fill up kingdom hall!
{Ephesians 4:13-16} till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
So if you are expecting me to give up Christ for your rich organisation, a denomination already ripping monies from the servants of the Watchtower-who stand on corners not preaching Christ but Watchtower literature twisting the Word of God-by trickery, in your cunning craftiness of deceitfulness, plotting against the body of Christ! "Then "No" you are out of luck, I will not give to help support your deceitful witchcraft, that only causes fiction between the body of Christ..
TATIME:
Sorry Sir i forgot to add a label!
These are Jehovah's Witnesses from different parts of the earth, unitedly worshipping their God as one big happy family!
Their backgrounds, upbringing, nationality, culture and skin color totally differs but as regards their beliefs and mindset THEY ARE ONE! John 17:15-19
But if you look carefully at them you'll notice (according to what you RIGHTLY said) that these individuals are either "selling something, selling themselves, need food,clothin and homes" FOR REAL. cheesy cheesy cheesy
So you can do well to supply them with what they're BEGGING for at least to show some concern like your charitable friend Pastor,Reverend,Father,Most Sn Apostle, Prophet, Dr zodiakzax (all protocol duly observed) grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin grin grin grin... if one day is 1000 then Adam should have been exactly 1000years before dying... grin grin grin..the day you shall eat you shall die, 1 day equal 1000 so Adam should have died exactly at yeah 1000.... abi? grin grin ..stupid illiterate....pagan who believes in two gods, one almighty and another Mighty... grin grin cheesy cheesy

Your are bias. If a complete day is 1,000 then 930 could be in the evening of the same day

Paganism is a hydra. It will surely kill you if you play into it's turf
Pagans believe in many things but they know that there is only one God.
The Bible said, you believe in one God? Ye do well, the devil also believes there is one God and trembles.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2018
Adam died spirituality as soon as he ate the apple..
brodalokie:

Your are bias. If a complete day is 1,000 then 930 could be in the evening of the same day
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brodalokie: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2018
brocab:
Adam died spirituality as soon as he ate the apple..

Only in figure of speech. Adam can't die. Paul said Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Transferred aggression. He only followed the woman because of love. He was a brainiac
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
If the world was full of JW's then the world will continual in fornication like it had from the beginning-no law 'no crimes to call it sin, living with Doctor Do Little talking with the animals living in unity, living under one roof, worshipping and praising Jehovah in Kingdom hall, on earth as it is in heaven!
Can we just picture how the world will become if the JW's were in power to take over earth, day one 'first of all lets protect the Watchtower protect their crimes within the body of Jehovah, finely the world will come at a shock to human health, we will no longer hear of the el treatment about husbands fighting against their wife's, children forced to commit sexual sins against their will, elders separating mothers, fathers, from Children, visa versa-fathers elders wife's molesting Children, no more elders committing Homosexual activities with young men, visa verse with each other, lesbians with young women, no-more murdering transactions within the body of the Watchtower!
Then why don't you start now-by keeping your mouth shut, we don't need to hear your rude attitude against us every time we mention the Word of God!
TATIME:
This man is brainless, i wonder how he could utter such stupid comment. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2018
TATIME:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...the world will be full if pagans...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2018
grin grin..stupid pagans

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Remove The Vail" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.