Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? (25553 Views)

Oyakhilom Speaks About Tithe:be Happy To Give God,i Will Tithe My First $100m(vi / Why Atheists Should Give God A Chance / I Vowed To Give God My First Salary, Now I'm Broke And Need The Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Adewalefrancis5: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
Please understand that offering is 10percent of ur income... Whether she was gorgeously dressed or not we er not in position to judge how large someone's offering should be, based on dressing.... Thanks!!
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by darlenese(f): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
sukkot:
good question

ecclesiastes 12 vs 1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth

What should thou do when thy youth is jobless !
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by andyanders: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
It will be better given to the poor because most pastors use the funds to satisfy their social lives than the lives of those whom they needed to impact on.

Widows, widowers and orphans are out there looking for food to eat and OP you are here ranting over the offering a lady gave in your church. I believe your father is a pastor and you eat from the offering.

Go to some churches and see the kind of cloths the less privileged put on to the church and now look at the pastor, his wife and children the way the dressed to the same church. Have you ever seen these so called pastors give out good chairs to those that rode on expensive cars to the church and they way they show the poor man to go back to where they will not be seen?

Let us allow God judge on this so called offering and tithe as mortal men who claim to be pastors has turned it to business and way of satisfying their social ego.
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Kingsley1000(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
Give God or man? If God can take money from me, I will empty my bank account for him.
But since na man dey chop d money, I will keep puting 10 naira every sunday.
Or are you telling me that the account the money is going into is linked with God's BVN?
Guy, leave story for tortoise abeg.
atheists has invaded this thread
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by lomprico(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
dorox:
The op is still a learner.
Op is a hungry pastor!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by omogin(f): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
Give God or man? If God can take money from me, I will empty my bank account for him.
Or are you telling me that the account the money is going into is linked with God's BVN?

But when your forefathers were taking several animals to the dibias and native doctors they didn't say it was a man eating them in behalf of the idols and dead gods. May you not be over wise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by sukkot: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
darlenese:

What should thou do when thy youth is jobless !
if your youth are jobless then its because they are not thinking outside the box. they are jobless because they are all looking for office job with oyel company, or mtn or etisalat etc etc

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by darlenese(f): 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
sukkot:
if your youth are jobless then its because they are not thinking outside the box. they are jobless because they are all looking for office job with oyel company, or mtn or etisalat etc etc

True , but do u agree that not everybody can do business?
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by yommen: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
If god needs more he should go get a job cheesy. But wait o, E b like this OP na pastor cheesy.

God should get a job? Anyway you typed small letter g and h.
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Rexnegro(m): 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
I can't fit laugh sha... Mr op go read ur bible well jare...if u give 1M and not from ur mind and someone gives 5naira and from him or her mind am so sure heaven will receive that person 5naira to ur 1m...read ur bible well bro...especially the story of the widow who gave penny from her heart....i rest my case.
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by sukkot: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
darlenese:

True , but do u agree that not everybody can do business?
very true, not everybody can do business but thats why there are few jobs for the ones who cant do business. the rest are just not thinking outside the box. nigeria is the perfect place to do business. not too many laws restricting you like they have in developed countries

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
yommen:

God should get a job? Anyway you typed small letter g and h.
Ok let me type it in big letter... God should go get a job, Or should i say Yahweh? tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by mrlaw93(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
omooba969:

@bolded,

Abeg replace the 'seeked' with 'sought' biko. grin
No mind my grammar jare.. Even my fone reject d word bt i stil do stronghead.. tnks

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by niggi4life(m): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... omo that was true and funny grin
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Lordnewton1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hey OP HOW MUCH YOU CON PUT undecided grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
Icecream4U:

God will never come down to accept your offering,he will do so through his servant.if you really want to concentrate on where your offering goes to then you will be doing yourself more harm than Good.After the pastor spends his sleepless nights and day fasting and praying to God,interceding on your behalf then u say "him they chop the money".Well,if you want to look at it from that aspect then I must say he deserves to chop my money.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
omooba969:

Food for thought!

I salute thee. cool

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by fexyrich(m): 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
May God have mercy on your soul..you are in for destruction if you continue like this.This is why some people die like chicken and you would be wondering what happened to them.I pity oyu soul..Repent now and be converted!!
Idrismusty97:
At least i am not a beggar like god smiley.
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Rocktation(f): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
sukkot:
very true, not everybody can do business but thats why there are few jobs for the ones who cant do business. the rest are just not thinking outside the box. nigeria is the perfect place to do business. not too many laws restricting you like they have in developed countries

So since you have now ascertained that there are few jobs for the ones who can't do business, who's going to tell the ones that can think outside the box but who have now occupied some of those few jobs, that the comfort and positions they are occupying are not for them?
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by fexyrich(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
May God have mercy on your soul..you are in for destruction if you continue like this.If you do not reverence your father at home @ least have reverence for the Most high God who made it possible for u to be breathing today..This is why some people die like chicken and you would be wondering what happened to them.I pity you soul..Repent now and be converted!!
Idrismusty97:
At least i am not a beggar like god smiley.
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by fexyrich(m): 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
He is a very big fool already son no need asking him not to be something he is already..We can only pray for God to open his eyes and take away his foolishness..
360ng:

God is not a beggar.. He created ur so called muhammed.. He created money.. God is not broke neither does he need your stinking money.. The money is meant for church expansion.. Dont be a fool to insult our God.
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Lantosed: 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Icecream4U:
6000000 likes

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by sukkot: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
Rocktation:

So since you have now ascertained that there are few jobs for the ones who can't do business, who's going to tell the ones that can think outside the box but who have now occupied some of those few jobs, that the comfort and positions they are occupying are not for them?
water will always find its level. the strong will survive while the weak die off. you must get to a point of desolation and desperation where you start to think outside the box, if not you die off and life goes on. it is what it is. but i understand what the barrier is with these people. its not that they cant think outside the box. its pride. the black man has that huge ego problem. he wants to be seen as the big man so he is only looking for jobs where he can boast amongst his peers. thats really the problem

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by jascon1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
michaelwilli:
Well its true that most of our pastors are d spenders of the money, just drop your offering believing its for the work of God and leave God to deal with the pastor knowing you have played your part.
what are u saying? Thats acting lame. Someone is scamming you in the name of God and u can't ask questions, yet in ur prayers u will ask God to prove himself. Ask your pastors to give account of expenditure is a church not a personal investment. You need to know where ur money goes. And know this, pastors used to live in churches, no More! Now they live in estates and castles. Ask me why?? Cos, ppl like you enrich them with so much luxury that they don't no what else to do with it. God requires service not money. No one gave Jesus money
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Estellar: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
Op must b a pastor.... Na offering wey people drop u go church go look?
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by 360ng: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
fexyrich:
He is a very big fool already son no need asking him not to be something he is already..We can only pray for God to open his eyes and take away his foolishness..

exactly
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by thrillionaire(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
Dude didn't the bible in thess instruct you to learn to mind your own business? You peered into her purse, assessed her dressing and concluded she's sophisticated. You who have been giving God what you deem worthy, why is it that you feel inferior to a "sophisticated" person abi your levels never change yet? You never can tell if she's a huge giver so Learn to mind your OWN business!
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by brownsug(f): 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
God is more interested in our character inward and outward,giving to d needies arnd us,we shldnt also not make pple cry or feel there s no God, give to our parents too

tempex88:
Op is a learner. Please educate me on how u give to God
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by kelvinklein219(m): 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Op... You should always observe from 2 or 3 angles before conclusion, if that same girl wore smelly and torn clothes and gave 500 naira, na you go still come here and open this kyn yeye thread "why do youths like doing competition when it comes to giving in church when they can't afford good clothes " please most people don't have but it doesn't mean we won't take care of ourselves, the Lord said I would build my church, it's men that eat the money, what they do with the money is what matters
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
CrazyMan:
Good morning and happy sunday to you all.

I'm writing this piece to notify most christian youths of their giving attitude towards God. I remember last sunday when I went to church, when it was time for offering, the girl sitting close to me just removed N20 (yes you heard me right TWENTY NAIRA!) From her purse, inserted it into the envelope and dropped it in the offering basket.

Looking at this lady, her sophisticated dressing, her phone, the kind of perfume oozing out from her, then dropping N20 to her creator.

To me I saw that as an insult to God. It would have been better if she didn't give any offering at all than embarrassing God.

If you love someone and want to appreciate him/her, even if you lack the funds to do so at the moment, you'll still go beyond your limits to prove to that person that you really love him/her regardless of what it'll cost you.

Likewise God. If we say we love him (God), then we should prove it by the kind of offerings we give to him.

If you have a boss you want to appreciate for a promotion he gave to you, would you give him a gift of N20 or N50?

Or you're a final year student whom your HOD just waived a course for so you'll graduate with your mates, would you buy him a gift of N20?

You'll end up provoking him and make him regret offering you that help rather than being commended for the gift.

In 2Samuel 24:24 David said.

And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the Lord my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

So if a whole king like david refused to take a land offered free of charge by a law abiding citizen. How much more we who battle with foundational principalities and powers on daily basics, and still come out victorious. Thanks to the power in the name and blood of Jesus.

I want to charge us today that as we go to our various churches, we should appreciate God, if if we have nothing to thank him for, our being alive should be a testimony of his love towards us. So double your offerings by giving him something that cost you much and I'm sure that he in return would bless you abundantly.

Happy sunday to you all.

You are very judgemental. Because she is a good dresser does not mean she is rich enough to give Gid N30. What if she has served God in another way? She could have paid her cousin's school fees or bought foodstuffs for her parents. She could be a volunteer at this same church or in other establishment. There are several ways of serving God, money is but one way of serving God
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
All of you that are opposing giving money to the church are very stupid...... Do u even tink God needs ur money...... In th old testament, people bring rams and food stuff for priest.... Now, we only have to give less, just offering and titles... If u give to the church 'n give to the poor, Dos dt affect u? And if u dnt like, dnt give....... . U guys didn't read malachi 3 vs 10.....

Idris musty and his Co supporter, I pray ur ignorance wunt destroy ur life......

Learn from malachi 3 vs 10
Re: Why Do Most Youths Give God Peanuts? by Rocktation(f): 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
sukkot:
water will always find its level. the strong will survive while the weak die off. you must get to a point of desolation and desperation where you start to think outside the box, if not you die off and life goes on. it is what it is. but i understand what the barrier is with these people. its not that they cant think outside the box. its pride. the black man has that huge ego problem. he wants to be seen as the big man so he is only looking for jobs where he can boast amongst his peers. thats really the problem

Ok, so you do see where the problem lies. No one half is to blame. Those who can't do biz are stuck either way. Out of a job or not, success, even if not huge, is an eventuality to be reckoned with for fellas who can think outside the box, as you say...Sadly, it cannot be the same for others who can't, hence; a sizeable number of the job seekers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Girl & Her Aunt Tortured By Elders In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Accusation (Pic) / Today's Rhema (God's gifts to men). / Daddy Freeze: When Corruption Favours Christians They Call It Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.