Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal (29974 Views)

Edo Tribunal: Obaseki Files Appeal At The Supreme Court / WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection / Appeal Court Upholds Tribunal’s Judgment Nullifying Wike’s Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Mboi: 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
size40:
It seems INEC in Rivers State has become a political party to file an appeal against a Tribunal judgement. I have not heard of this b4. It is the PDP and Wike, its candidate that are meant to file an appeal against a tribunal Judgement and not the INEC. Except the INEC is constituting itself as a political party which seems to me like the INEC commissioner in Rivers State has been heavily been compromised in Rivers State by the PDP.
The way APC members reason sometimes dey suprise me. It's same type of reasoning that made the APC-influenced tribunal judge base his verdict based on hearsay without due confirmation. Well when an illiterate is a leader, what do you expect?

3 Likes

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by galaxy4u2k(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
that is corruption for you up niger change in no direction
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by cruzyteejay(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2015
size40:
It seems INEC in Rivers State has become a political party to file an appeal against a Tribunal judgement. I have not heard of this b4. It is the PDP and Wike, its candidate that are meant to file an appeal against a tribunal Judgement and not the INEC. Except the INEC is constituting itself as a political party which seems to me like the INEC commissioner in Rivers State has been heavily been compromised in Rivers State by the PDP.

they filed the tribunal because they were ignored
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by godwin120alex: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
I'm afarid of d judiciary under PMB cos he is using them like OBJ did

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by adeniyia33(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
HBD, long life and prosperity...U shall live to witness joys and happiness on earth Hurray

boboLIL:

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by akanbiaa(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
what is going on

PDP: Oga INEC rivers state you better correct the tribunal judgement or else we shall go down together, haba upon all the money we gave you and additional from Mama piss.
OGA INEC Rivers: Please it has not come to that i shall instruct our counsel to file an apeal and all shall be well.
PDP: I dont care how you do it all i want is result or else you will need all the torch lights in Nigeria to see.
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by ojaydedon(m): 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
AdaNri1:
They have SUG in schools NYSC orgs. and other associations after school. I wonder why they can't put these things on the agenda during national congresses. They can field candidates in each states for lower political offices and start from there. Youths for youths to protect, account and decide our future.

many of our youths are already followin the footsteps of those above.. They have lost focus.Many can be bought with little amount of money cos of hardship in the nation. Others are controlled using tribalistic remotes.. They turn blind eyes to the truth. If only youths can open their eyes and see the need to arise and take a stand...

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
I hope this is true...the wayo exuded by the apc is something every right thinking individual should worry about...

The truth is untold violence is lurking around if the apc does not retrace its steps...

Why can't th fools be magnanimous enough to let go of states they know they can't win...buharis dictatorial tendencies have been infused into the blood of every apc member..its all about taking things by force... angry...what nonsense...

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Ebimablog: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
You didnt say so when INEC testified that PDP didnt conduct primary in Taraba
size40:

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
ogunsbanjul:
International observers, INEC oficial and top security (Nigeria army and not egunje people) said the elections in Rivers state were marred with violence and irregularities. Summarily, there was no election in Rivers sate as pronounced by tribunal.
and where are the evidence?...we need videos and everything to substantiate the claim that there was no election..
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Wizlove(m): 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
size40:
Are you aware that inec was a party to these case? Dakuku indicted the inec that they did not conduct the election according to the provision of the law.

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by bumi10(m): 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
hinwazaka:

Of course the INEC in Rivers state has been compromised, but the INEC in the Taraba case is an advocate of law and justice. Ediot

hahahahahahahhahaha let them know my dear

All the APC fanatics will hear word soon

3 Likes

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by boboLIL(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
adeniyia33:
HBD, long life and prosperity...U shall live to witness joys and happiness on earth Hurray

. Tnx

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Descartes: 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
bashydemy:
Stop lying, Jega never said election was free and fair, he said of you have problem with the election you should go to court.

You are a pathetic fellow and a hypocrite.
Read below...
INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega
The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, has disclosed that allegations that the elections in Rivers State were manipulated and flawed was exaggerated.

Jega said the elections in the state was credible and the commission did the right by announcing the winner.

The INEC chairman, according to an online news medium, Per SecondNews, made this disclosure in Washington, DC during a conversation with US policy makers, think-tanks and members of the international community. The event, tagged: ‘Nigeria’s 2015 Elections: What Have We Learnt?,’ was hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and anchored by Jenniffer Cooke, Director, African Programme at the institute.

“We created a three man team to investigate the allegations of electoral malpractice, it was not true that elections didn’t take place in majority of the state, it was not true that results sheets was manipulated. There was no evidence of malpractice or photocopied result sheets, and no substantive evidence to establish alterations.

“Rivers has become quite a big issue, and we did our best to be able to have enough evidence to make an informed decision before results were returned. We received reports of fake results sheets, use of photocopied result sheet, substitution of trend of INEC personnel and allegation of no election taking place in some polling units.

“It came before we announced the results, so we immediately constituted a three-man team made up of national commissioners to go to Rivers State and investigate the allegations.

“It was not true that elections did not take place in majority part of the state, in fact the evidence was that in the overwhelming majority election took place in most areas.

“It wasn’t true that there was fake result sheets, there was no photocopied results sheets, there was no substantive evidence to support the wild allegations.

“From our investigations we were satisfied that there was no substantive evidence to cancel the elections as agitated by some people, we also have people on ground and observers like TMG, and others who also gave us honest report about what happened.

“I don’t think there was massive irregularities as reported in Rivers State, my advice is that they should go to the tribunal, if they have evidence, On our own part we have done our thorough investigation.”

“We have scanned 95 percent of the results sheets from all the polling units and we will put them on our site once we get to 100 per cent.”

“I am not saying their is no irregularities, but not to the magnitude that has been reported.”

He said that the Orubebe incident was unfortunate and regrettable and advised statesmen to be statesmen and urged Nigerians to move on and forget about the incident.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jega-allegations-of-electoral-fraud-in-rivers-greatly-exaggerated/212074/

Jega : We Have No Proof of Irregularities in Rivers’ Governorship Election

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jega-we-have-no-proof-of-irregularities-in-rivers-governorship-election/207442/

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by onimcee1(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
size40:
you are a good example of the saying, common sense is no common. So INEC was not joined in the suit? And it was not the credibility of INEC that was challenged in court?
If you still do not understand, I am sorry, I can't help you.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Skybee1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
Imagin ds country,who r we to biliv nw,jega said election was free n fair den tribunal said it was nat,so r u guys now tellin us dat buari did nat win?coz i wonda wat d so call tribunal wold av said if gudluck decided to head to d so call tribunal wit d fact dt d useless fulani cow pussy suckers whr usin all dos underage aboki to vote n rig d election

2 Likes

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
size40:

PEJ at work
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by speedyGonzales: 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
bashydemy:
Stop lying, Jega never said election was free and fair, he said of you have problem with the election you should go to court.

Jega: Allegations of Electoral Fraud in Rivers Greatly Exaggerated
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jega-allegations-of-electoral-fraud-in-rivers-greatly-exaggerated/212074/

Quote: "Jega said the elections in the state was credible and the commission did the right by announcing the winner."

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
okay.
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by poseidon12: 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
funkybully:
.three states APC want to capture by any means. Rivers, Taraba and Akwaibom.

U can see how they got Taraba irrespective of constitutional provision

Democracy will collapse under buhari if care is not taken

Thanks for the information. That means that the PDP candidate has a strong case at the appeals court. I'm just wondering if some of these tribunal judges actually graduated from accredited law schools.

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by JKisOK(m): 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
size40:

Every electoral case puts INEC on trial, so it is only logical for INEC to defend itself. Furthermore, INEC is usually joined as a Co-Defendant in these suits. And when a Tribunal overturns an election, it is an indictment on INEC, hence, INEC must take such a case PERSONALLY as it were.

And in the case of Rivers State and many of these judicial victories being turned over to APC, all discerning people need to hearken to the voice of INEC. What many of this tribunals are doing amounts to judicial abracadara and it is dangerous for our democracy.

The question we should be asking is: Are these tribunals saying that ALL votes scored by APC are holy and sanctified?

Apparently, INEC (the experts in this case) is saying these votes alloted to PDP are indeed holy, sanctified, free, fair and reflective of the will of the local people.
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
femimailbox:
I support a re-run and a free and fair election in Rivers state.

I rep the voice of well meaning Nigerians
rivers state not nigerians. Abi u go vote if rerun go happen?
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by bashydemy(m): 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Descartes:

You are a pathetic fellow and a hypocrite.
Read below...

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jega-we-have-no-proof-of-irregularities-in-rivers-governorship-election/207442/
You see you are the most pathetic and hypocrite here, dos you read where he said they should go to tribunal? So shut up that is what Jega must say so as to be clean if you have problem with the election go to tribunal and that's exactly what the APC and PDP are doing.
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by bashydemy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
speedyGonzales:

Jega: Allegations of Electoral Fraud in Rivers Greatly Exaggerated

Quote: "Jega said the elections in the state was credible and the commission did the right by announcing the winner."
Did he said they should go to court is they are not satisfy or not?
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by funkybully(f): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
poseidon12:

Thanks for the information. That means that the PDP candidate has a strong case at the appeals court. I'm just wondering if some of these tribunal judges actually graduated from accredited law schools.

They areare acting buhari's dictates forgetting there are learned lawyers
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by Edoblakky(m): 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
bashydemy:
Did he said they should go to court is they are not satisfy or not?
Oga, go school, you nor gree. What is the meaning of ' did he said '? Dullards everywhere! How did we get here?
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by babeshe: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
Pls my fellow pdp people bring up d case of rochase okorocha thatwent for presidential election and he asked his inlaw to contest for him and after that he lose at d presidenttial election his inlaw step down. Pdp we need to arise n fight we should not be afraid of apc pls
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by bashydemy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Edoblakky:
Oga, go school, you nor gree. What is the meaning of ' did he said '? Dullards everywhere! How did we get here?
you ate fool, all I know is PDP lost woefully and will keep loosing
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by kosovo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
size40:

That's why your life is not adding up.. I can't even imagine that 15-dumb people liked your post that lacked every sense of rational thinking.

People like you keep coming to Nairaland ranting like a bush fellow, like you know anything about politics.

For the record, it is the duty of INEC to join the case of any election being contested, up till the Supreme Court. If you have never heard of it, it's either because you are an APC robots or just being plain Slupid.
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by kosovo(m): 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
onimcee1:
you are a good example of the saying, common sense is no common. So INEC was not joined in the suit? And it was not the credibility of INEC that was challenged in court?
If you still do not understand, I am sorry, I can't help you.

The guy is a clown, it shows the rot of our educational system. So sad, and this rat-tag will beat his chest and say he is a graduate.. SMH

1 Like

Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by nobeku: 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
funkybully:
.three states APC want to capture by any means. Rivers, Taraba and Akwaibom.

U can see how they got Taraba irrespective of constitutional provision

Democracy will collapse under buhari if care is not taken
Stewpeedity just got bloated by you..
Re: INEC Faults Tribunal’s Judgment On Rivers Guber Election, files Appeal by funkybully(f): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
[s]
nobeku:
Stewpeedity just got bloated by you..
[/s]

Ur mama's stewpidity is unrivalled. Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profiles Of Technocrats Jostling To Govern Anambra State (Photos) / I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu / PDP Governors Meet At Fayose's House In Abuja Over Supreme Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.