Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,603 members, 7,781,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 04:40 AM

Slow Internet Connection On Vista. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Slow Internet Connection On Vista. (782 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / I'm Unable To Watch Online Videos Due To Slow Internet Connection. Any Way Out? / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by HC: 12:47pm On May 14, 2009
Two weeks ago i bought a new computer, here are the specs

HP Compaq 6735s

AMD Athlon
RAM 1GB
160GB HDD
Windows Vista Home Premium

I also have a Visafone Huawei USB Modem with 3.1mbps speed.

Keeping the specs in mind here is the problem:

My internet speed is SLOW, in a nutshell. I have tried the same internet connection on my old computer with XP Professional on and the speed is very good (streams videos etc)

My new vista PC crawls along on the web in EX6 and Firefox, i've tried everything i can think of, i have no Mc Affe or Norton, I turned off automatic updates, and the computer is clean of spyware and viruses etc.

Any solutions or thoughts would be very helpful!
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by sunboy(m): 3:19pm On May 14, 2009
I also use that laptop of that spec but its AMD sepron, it never gave me such problems, wither in cafe or on my friends starcoms , maybe u format ur system or better get an antivirus
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by HC: 3:31pm On May 14, 2009
Why do i need to format the system? Its brand new and i've not done much work on it. Am thinking of downgrading it to XP.
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by Smartsboy(m): 4:08pm On May 14, 2009
Partition, and have a seperate install of XP
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by HC: 9:28pm On May 14, 2009
Does it mean i have run both Vista and XP together?
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by Oxone(m): 12:44am On May 15, 2009
go to visafone office & demand for an updated driver (for vista sp1) for that hardware. that should work
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by aieromon(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2009
the problem should be with the visafone modem.often times,these outdated modems run efficiently on XP systems simply because they were manufactured for use on XP systems.

i had a similar problem with my Starcomms Sierra 580 card when i upgraded my laptop to Vista Ultimate.The card was not recognized and i had to restore my system.When i googled the makers of the air card,i found out that they had even stopped making such cards.i really don't know why we make use of obsolete technology in this country.

you can check visafone care center and find out whether they have a updated driver for Vista.

Ciao!
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by Nobody: 11:56am On May 15, 2009
http://www.google.com/chrome
http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

try either of these browsers

your post is odd though, ie6 on windows vista 

just found this:

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=vista+slows+internet+connection?&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

i always tell peeps your first port of call should be the university of google. it almost never fails   wink

u can also try this:

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=hiuawei+modem+vista+drivers&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Re: Slow Internet Connection On Vista. by paviya: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2014
HC:
Two weeks ago i bought a new computer, here are the specs

HP Compaq 6735s

AMD Athlon
RAM 1GB
160GB HDD
Windows Vista Home Premium

I also have a Visafone Huawei USB Modem with 3.1mbps speed.

Keeping the specs in mind here is the problem:

My internet speed is SLOW, in a nutshell. I have tried the same internet connection on my old computer with XP Professional on and the speed is very good (streams videos etc)

My new vista PC crawls along on the web in EX6 and Firefox, i've tried everything i can think of, i have no Mc Affe or Norton, I turned off automatic updates, and the computer is clean of spyware and viruses etc.

Any solutions or thoughts would be very helpful!

If you have slow net speed,Try to keep in mind the following instructions
1.Get a download accelerator
2.Turn off all unused apps while downloading
3.Don't upload information while you're downloading
4.You must always keep your computer clean of any viruses
5.clear your temporary download history files.
6.Use latest version of any browser
7.Do regular speed test.
When i had the same problem,i followed the same ways.I am sure,it's very useful to increase your net speed.Then you can check your new internet speed using http://www.scanmyspeed.com/

(1) (Reply)

Forgotten Password / Fairly Used Hp Or Dell Laptop Needed In Ph Asap! / Help, My Laptop Battery Is Not Charging!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.