Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:51 AM

How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones (10159 Views)

How To View Saved Wifi Networks Passwords On Your Device With ES File Explorer / Facebook Now Helps You Finds Free Wi-fi Network Nearby / How To Get Your Instagram Videos With ES File Explorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by CossyErik(m): 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
Do you have an android phone and Es explorer? Then follow this guide to get into any previously used wifi network with your android smartphone. In this guide, I would walk you guys through the process on how to locate and view an already saved WiFi passwords in android phones. Before you get started, make sure that your android smartphone is rooted, and also make sure that you’ve ES FILE EXPLORER installed on your device. How to find and used Saved Wifi Passwords on Android 1. Firstly, move up a folder to the root folder, and in ES explorer, you would see a directory codenamed “Data”.
2. After that, go to “data/misc/wifi” folder, and locate the file name, “wpa_supplicant.conf”.

3. Now, open the file, and make use of the ES File Explorer‘s built-in text/HTML viewer to view through the text file.

4. In the file, you should see the network SSID and their passwords next to it, simply note the name and the passwords.

That’s it. You’ve successfully located the saved wifi passwords in your Android. You can now use them to flex on your other device outside androids, like laptops, iPhone or any other Wifi enabled device.

Less I forget, try not to alter anything or make any changes on the “wpa_supplicant.conf” file, to avoid wifi not working problem.
If you got any related problem regarding to this topic, feel free to let me know via comment section.
Source: www.Techarena.cf

4 Likes

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by braine(m): 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Is this applicable when the WiFi password is changed, coz I don't understand the purpose of this tweak.

2 Likes

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by Segunagagu(m): 2:27am On Nov 09, 2015
braine:
Is this applicable when the WiFi password is changed, coz I don't understand the purpose of this tweak.
I swear..u are blessed for the question! !!!!!

8 Likes

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by ITbomb(m): 6:48am On Nov 09, 2015
braine:
It is not a tweak but just to show you passwords of wifi networks you have connected to
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by bigtt76(f): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2015
If it's showing me password to WiFi I've connected to, it means I know the password already or better still I might not be within the area I connected to re-use it on my laptop.

Except of course it's at home and I forgot the password to connect to my laptop if new.

Right now I don't see any reason for this.

ITbomb:

It is not a tweak but just to show you passwords of wifi networks you have connected to

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by braine(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2015
ITbomb:

There's no point since I'm connected already. I can always go to my settings to view the password.
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by ITbomb(m): 9:04am On Nov 09, 2015
braine:

There's no point since I'm connected already. I can always go to my settings to view the password.
Yes but this was very useful in a place I had to hand over my device for password to be entered and access granted.
Remember, android is not like windows you can easily reveal the password that you didn't input or else there a way I don't know of

1 Like

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by braine(m): 9:06am On Nov 09, 2015
ITbomb:

Yes but this was very useful in a place I had to hand over my device for password to be entered and access granted.
Remember, android is not like windows you can easily reveal the password that you didn't input or else there a way I don't know of

Alright, this seems valid. But situations such as this is rare.
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by kolexepana: 10:54am On Nov 09, 2015
Have a Phantom5
don't know if it will work on it
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by xtervaganza(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2015
I'm not sure I'll be needing this
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by mickyeddi(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
bigtt76:
If it's showing me password to WiFi I've connected to, it means I know the password already or better still I might not be within the area I connected to re-use it on my laptop.

Except of course it's at home and I forgot the password to connect to my laptop if new.

Right now I don't see any reason for this.

I thought as much as well, why would I go through all that to find the password I know already? This post is useless.
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by saymax(f): 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
Will it work on iPad air?
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by Damolux01(m): 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
Successful connected an Android fone with glo subscription to my pc...but it kept writing 'type network security' which I don't knw...how do I go about it?
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by collinsdata: 11:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
kk
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by fff4444: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by snika: 9:02am On Nov 10, 2015
kolexepana:
Have a Phantom5 don't know if it will work on it
Come on sharrap your mouth Tecno spammer.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by Stephansmily(f): 10:26am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by Xhaka(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2015
Will it work on camon c8?
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by kolexepana: 10:47am On Nov 10, 2015
snika:

Come on sharrap your mouth Tecno spammer.
Must you be stupid?
Did you employ me for tecno?
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2015
kolexepana:

Must you be stupid?

We know u and xhaka n loads more . You al created your accounts in October. We know u are tecno paid troll

1 Like

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by Youngpo413: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2015
saymax:
Will it work on iPad air?
yes,it works on ipad air running on android.

2 Likes

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by snika: 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
kolexepana:

Must you be stupid?

I never said you were employed. I understand that you're employed under a contractor working for TakeNo. And please kindly stop telling us that you are using Phantom 5, please; do you think that TakeNo can afford to give out more units to their agents after giving out 10 units to 10 Nigeria "bloggers" in exchange for their crap "reviews" on their mushroom blogs? Abeg swerve.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by 4peace(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
mickyeddi:

I thought as much as well, why would I go through all that to find the password I know already? This post is useless.

Is it because you dont understand what the op is saying not make his post useless?
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by flawless911(m): 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Youngpo413:
Sarcasm at it's Finest grin
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by saymax(f): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
Youngpo413:
Hmmm. Pls steps on to go about it.
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by mickyeddi(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
4peace:

Is it because you dont understand what the op is saying not make his post useless?
Dude, I'm an android developer, so I know very well what I'm talking about.
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by bedfordng(m): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
braine:
this is helpful should in case the wifi owner only configured your device without releasing the passcode to you. Most organization does this by connecting the device for public users without showing them the password. More over, you will need root access to get this working
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by bedfordng(m): 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
mickyeddi:

to me the post is useful. Some people got their device connected by the wiffi admin without showing them the passcode. I do this often by connecting some one device without showing them the passcode. With this you can get it and connect your other devices. So i guess you can see the usefulness.
Re: How To Find Password Of Wi-fi Network With Es Explorer On Android Phones by bedfordng(m): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
braine:

You may say why can't i just go to my wifi connection and click show password, well, it doesn't work that way if you have already been connected to the wifi.it only works when inputting the password at first connection which normally shows as *** so if you want to see what you are typing, that is when you can use the show password instead of showing the ***, it will show you what you are typing but immediately you have been connected, it won't allow you to use that show password options, it will just show you the cancel and forget button.now you can see where this trick comes into play.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia N70 Offline Mode Help / My Tecno L8 Plus Stops Charging / Differences between a Modem Vs Phone's HotSpot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.