Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record (34323 Views)

Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker / Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Mztarstrechy(m): 6:19am On Nov 09, 2015
Golden Eaglets’ striker, Victor Osimhen has broken the long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup scoring record of nine goals in an Under-17 World cup tournament with his goal against Mali in the finals.He also won the golden boot award with a total of 10 goals.

The ruthless striker firstly reached 9 goals after his goal in the 4-2 defeat of Mexico at the Estadio Municipal.The 9 goals record was previously jointly held by Frenchman Florent Sinama Pongolle and Ivorian Souleymane Coulibaly.

Osimhen is not only tall, he stands tall with his exploits as his three-goal salvo against Australia on Thursday morning showed that once again, Nigeria may have unearthed another gem, following in the footsteps of Isaac Success and Kelechi Iheanacho, of whom great things are now been expected.

At Chile 2015, Osimhen had earlier achieved a rare feat of equaling the seven-goal scoring record earlier achieved.

Osimhen is Golden Eaglets’ top scorer, going into Chile 2015 with a remarkable 41 goals in 73 international and domestic matches.The striker had opened his Chile 2015 account with a goal in the 2-0 win over U.S. on the opening day.He continued with a brace in the 5-1 defeat of hosts Chile.Osimhen was also Nigeria’s scorer in the 2-1 loss to Croatia to round off the group phase.

He was also in superb form at the commencement of the knockout stage, by grabbing the first hat-trick of Chile 2015 in the crushing 6-0 defeat of Australia in Round 16.The striker followed up his act with a goal each in the 3-0 and 2-1 win against Brazil and Mexico respectively in the quarter and semi-finals.

With his goal in the final match, Osimhen has made a history by breaking the record of most goals in a single tournament at the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Source: http://trezzy2..com.ng/2015/11/golden-eaglets-striker-osimhen-breaks.html

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Demmocrats(m): 6:21am On Nov 09, 2015
grin
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Pavore9: 6:23am On Nov 09, 2015
Good for him and Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by fistonati(m): 6:30am On Nov 09, 2015
He deserves it, may GOD lead him and take him to greater heights in life.
Victorious days ahead for us all.

It takes a hammer of persistence to drive d nail of success.

God bless us all.

37 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Aromas: 6:32am On Nov 09, 2015
For 90mins, everyone forgot their tribe, even those who protested for Biafra became Nigeria suddenly! We re one! grin

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by LastSurvivor: 6:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Good for him, I hope he wunt end up like Chrisantus..
Wish him best f luck..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by IlekeHD: 6:34am On Nov 09, 2015
Aromas:
For 90mins, everyone forgot their tribe, even those who protested for Biafra became Nigeria suddenly! We re one! grin

No we're not.
God punish any Biafra that doesn't protest tomorrow. Lazy touts.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 09, 2015
Wow! I just love the boy. He has everything in a striker and very ruthless in front of goal. GOD bless Him, GOD bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Aromas: 6:38am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

No we're not. God punish any Biafra that doesn't protest tomorrow. Lazy touts.
Bros abeg leave dem now grin

11 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

No we're not.
Hahahahah.... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by speedyGonzales: 6:57am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

No we're not.

hahaha! it pain you ooo! gaga!

7 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by IlekeHD: 7:00am On Nov 09, 2015
speedyGonzales:
hahaha! it pain you ooo! gaga!

I hope you're walking to a protest, young boy. I don't want to see ya online @ such a trying time for Biafra. embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:04am On Nov 09, 2015
Congrat to him and his mates. I hope his star keep shinning beyond U17 WC.

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by speedyGonzales: 7:10am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

I hope you're walking to a protest, young boy. I don't want to see ya online @ such a trying time for Biafra. embarassed

ahaha! I am not igbo and do not live in Nigeria... I will do exactly what I want to do, to your eternal hatred.

6 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by IlekeHD: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2015
speedyGonzales:

ahaha! I am not igbo and do not live in Nigeria... I will do exactly what I want to do, to your eternal hatred.
Already denying his Igbo heritage. I truly understand. You can still protest even if you live in Iraq.

15 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by frankyychiji(f): 7:18am On Nov 09, 2015
Aromas:
grin

1 Like

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by speedyGonzales: 7:23am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

Already denying his Igbo heritage. I truly understand. You can still protest even if you like in Iraq.

I live in UK! doing a masters degree... and you can kill yourself with that knowledge! winkcool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by IlekeHD: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2015
speedyGonzales:

I live in UK! doing a masters degree... and you can kill yourself with that knowledge! winkcool

UK? Perfect place to protest for international recognition. Protest against Luggard sef.

Lazy boy cheesy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Akposkool(m): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2015
They should promote these boys. Just like spain and germany are doing
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by chesterlee(m): 7:52am On Nov 09, 2015
Beta pikin!!!
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by okoro4: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2015
Congrats.Keep making Nigeria proud
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Aitee1: 7:57am On Nov 09, 2015
Akposkool:

The politics in NFF won't allow it to happen!!!
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:04am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

No we're not.
Igbophobic bitcch

12 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Mztarstrechy(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2015
Akposkool:
It is too early for that.They should give them time to mature
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by speedyGonzales: 9:21am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

UK? Perfect place to protest for international recognition. Protest against Luggard sef.

Lazy boy cheesy

haha! you are quite a dimwit! if I am not biafran I don't need to protest, but biafrans want their independent state, I say there deserve it, just like every other people on earth deserve to live free and prosper... but you seem hateful that biafrans would want their own country and self determination, you are a hater. but I will be a lazy and complete my MSc and Move onto my Phd. keep hating backwards dimwit!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 09, 2015
Great
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by ademoladeji(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2015
Chelsea and Jose Mourinho should just replace 'Dragon Coaster' with Victor OSIMHEN.... This dude worth na £63m

9 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by JamesUka: 9:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Nice one
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Mogidi: 9:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Good
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by braine(m): 9:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Good.
Re: Golden Eaglets Striker Osimhen Breaks Long-standing FIFA U-17 World Cup Record by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 09, 2015
One question I keep asking myself is this:-
How come these kids don't retain their performance
and replicate such mastery as they grow?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mourinho: 'Klopp wanted meat and got fish, He didn't like the menu' / Kidnapping: Emenike Advises Mikel To Buy His Parents House Outside Enugu / Boris Johnson: Transgender Women Should Not Compete In Female Sport( Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.