Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,437 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:23 PM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (87633 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2005
ok jalal,
we all got misunderstood. ok. cool
the book i read halfway must be my laugh comes last cos it started with the safest bank in the world.
@ nice, indeed its been a while, lol
cheers.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by alistair: 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2005
Hello there ,

I have over 2000 Hadley Chase in different covers , languages , etc...

My favourite is still " THE WORLD IN MY POCKET " - Panther p/b edition of the snake coiled around the steering wheel...

Also have " MISS CALLAGHAN COMES TO GRIEF " and " BLONED'S REQUIEUM " - fairly rare ...
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2005
alistair, would you like to sell? I want to buy, i like the corgi editions but its okay if i can get any at all, panther et all
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by alistair: 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2005
Hi there ,

Inform me of the titles you wish and I shall do my best ! Regards for 2006 ! Alistair .
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2005
"Treason is but trusted like the fox

who, ne'er so tame, so cherish'd and locked up,

will have a wild trick of his ancestors"

Who said this and to whom?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by owo2390(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2005
Worcester to Vernon

from King Henry the Fourth
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2005
owo2390:

Worcester to Vernon

from King Henry the Fourth

Damn! i think you're close. But before i give you the pass mark, who wrote King Henry the fourth?

....because the quote was repeated in a James Hardley Chase novel
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by owo2390(m): 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2005
William Shakespeare
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2005
owo2390:

William Shakespeare

Correct! Men i'm impressed!!!

.... like i said earlier on, it was repeated in a James Hardley Chase novel. I want to know who said it and to whom?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Jalal(m): 11:44am On Jan 02, 2006
@ Alistair over 2000 Chase really Well then there must be some 1920 titles dat i havent read yet!!!
I know the author wrote under various pen names 2 or 3,are all those titles written under the name Chase or under another pen name. pls shed mo light!!!
Thanks
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2006
I wondered at that too Jalal, and perhaps maybe he has same title from different publishers, chase definitely didnt write up to 2000 novels, even titles like "things women do" if anyone has read it will have considerable doubt about chase being the author, merely going by the plot and execution, it cant be chase or he is senile and close to his grave at the time of writing. cool

@Jalal, are we still on, im still waiting o cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 1:06pm On Jan 02, 2006
cushman:

"Treason is but trusted like the fox

who, ne'er so tame, so cherish'd and locked up,

will have a wild trick of his ancestors"

Who said this and to whom?

People, i'm still waiting for the answer!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2006
Its in Trusted like the fox,

i cant remember the names of the characters anymore but it was said about this guy who broke his parole during the war.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2006
Yeah, it's in the Trusted like the fox alright.

Want me to mention the names?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2006
I already said i can't remember the names; I want you to mention the names but it will be unfair of those in this forum who are still trying to figure it out...so wait a little more but while youre still at it, i have my own poser for you:

who said this and of whom was it said?:

She was a phantom of delight
when first she gleamed upon my sight
a lovely apparition sent
to be a moments ornament.

The prize is in two fold

1)Name the Hadley chase the poem was used
2) Who said it and of whom?

You want to give it a shot cushman? Jalal? Bagoma? popeson?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2006
1) Eve

2) who said it and to whom? umm well wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2006
Wrong cushman, next try or pass it to someone else cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 9:17pm On Jan 02, 2006
nice2have,
count me out of this o
never said i was a guru. remember how long it took me to remember titles not to talk of quotes, abeg i pass... wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2006
never mind bagoma, im sure if you consult with your sister you'll get it right.............im still thinking about cushman's question too, i'll release my answer at the end of one week but im sure if you read some of my posts well you'll at least get the first part of the question right cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Jalal(m): 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2006
Me too no idea!!!!!!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2006
@ nicetohave,
the clue you gave led me to no other than[b] Lay her among the lilies[/b]
i hope i'm right and that i qualify for half the prize. wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2006
Bagoma i knew you can do it---yes its LAY HER AMONG THE LILIES now on to the second part for you to win the prize, afterall i had to practically spell the answer out to you  cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2006
ha this na proper ojoro o.
i no gree o.
i want my prize, i want my prize, i want my prize.

(still chanting in a low tone but will steadily increase the tempo if nothing is heard....)
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2006
Dont worry Bagoma, if i dont get a correct answer to the second question you will still be the star winner of a copy of James Hadley chase, for real cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2006
What about those that answered on trial? cheesy
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2006
Cushman you got your prize already, the joy is in participating not really winning.better luck next time..........Bagoma, IM me how you would like your chase delivered once i prononce you the winner, in 48hrs.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 6:51pm On Jan 07, 2006
what of if i answer the second question?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2006
answer it first, and remember there is only one star prize.............judges decision is final cheesy the judges are always fair though cool
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 5:11pm On Jan 08, 2006
nicetohave:

the judges are always fair though cool
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2006
cheesy grin grin
now isn't it 48 hrs yet?

cushman, dont even bother, you can answer the next set of questions wink
abi no be so quiz master? wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 4:52am On Jan 09, 2006
Yessssooooo Bagoma,

anyway here it remains a few hrs before its another day so be patient Bagoma cheesy

It is my pleasure to announce..................
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 5:37am On Jan 09, 2006
yes yes... go on say my name, say my name.... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Three Paths / Last Gang Standing (Crime) / Lethal Matrimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.