Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,740 members, 7,806,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (87818 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by OpeLovely(f): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2008
79 Park Avenue and The Adventurers are my favourites.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Uche2nna(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2008
79 park avenue is not a James Hadley Chase novel. If I remenber correctly, that is one of Harrold Robin's classic.

That novel was the bomb , especially the female protagonist. The way Harrold described the chic kind of wanna make U wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by uchetobi(f): 4:13pm On Feb 21, 2008
Uche2nna:

79 park avenue is not a James Hadley Chase novel. If I remenber correctly, that is one of Harrold Robin's classic.

That novel was the bomb , especially the female protagonist. The way Harrold described the chic kind of want to make You wink

seconded its a harold robins novel. a good one at that
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by OpeLovely(f): 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2008
I'm sorry. My Mistake.

My favourite James Hadley Chase novel is Tiger by the Tail.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by uchetobi(f): 11:04am On Feb 22, 2008
mine is believe this you will believe anything and tell it to the birds
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Uche2nna(m): 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2008
Mission to Siena and Mission to Venice. The lead character was one very funny guy
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by OpeLovely(f): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2008
Mallory, You must be kidding and There's always a price tag are interesting reads! cheesy cheesy
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Chasey(m): 8:14am On Feb 27, 2008
yeah guys let's keep this alive. my favourite was " the dead stay dumb, and "want to stay alive?'. A fellow called Dillon, who loved toting a thompson told another gangster.
' soon i will be running this town, u may come in through the groundfloor or stay out,
stay out and one dark nite someone gonna toss a handful of slugs into ur belly, so
get wise".

I also liked double shuffle and dolls bad news.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Chasey(m): 1:29pm On Feb 27, 2008
OpeLovely, is "There is always a price tag" the one that had a dead person and
there were guys who wanted to collect insurance claim. i think Maddux sniffed the out?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by OpeLovely(f): 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, a woman who was married to a rich guy and wanted him killed to get the insurance claims.

I have a lot of James Hadley Chase novels that my sis handed to me and i haven't read. I think about 20. Some are torn but readable nonetheless.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Chasey(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2008
OpeLovely, make sure u read, ONE BRIGHT SUMMER MORNING, THE VULTURE IS A PATIENT BIRD, & THIS WAY FOR A SHROUD. These are among the best. u won't keep em down once u start. gud luck!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by usefrank(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2008
I have not read up to ten of his books but I think that the man is something else. His power of description, the flow, the atmosphere, the action, the characters Detective Lepski, that's my man
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 17, 2008
These are the only ones I remember reading, all in High school. My friend Maria was my supplier then. Her father had a lot in his collection.

Flesh of the orchid
The guilty are afraid
Just another sucker
The Sucker's punch

Flesh of the orchid was my first JHC novel and till date it still my favorite.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by spicy007(f): 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2008
hmm, lemme see, ok here goes:

no orchids for miss blandish
flesh of the orchid
believe this, u'll bliv anything
u r lonely when u r dead
an ace up my sleeve
i hold all aces
sucker punch
just another sucker

ones i cant remember
death is a ,
no, in the grave,
one about a TV repairer who falls in love with a crippled man's wife and plans to electrocute him

my all-time faves:
one midsummer morning
the vulture is a patient bird
well now, my pretty
no orchids for miss blandish

the rest i cant seem to find in my cranial library, but i think i've read about 40-50, haba, i try small oo
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by foruma(m): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2008
I love JHC.

Great author.

You might want to check this link out to download other great authors, like Sidney Sheldon, Jeffery Archer, Robert Ludlum, Frank Herbert, etc. and also Jame Hadley Chase novels

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-129056.0.html#msg2178767
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by sambaran: 9:14am On Apr 26, 2008
I had once read a chase novel about gangsters where some gangsters plan to blow up a gangsters den by placing explosives in the sewers/drains.

Could you inform me the name of the novel.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bugado(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2008
i have read consider your self dead, this is for real.figure it out ur self.etc so nice,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Arielle: 12:14am On May 29, 2008
I used to devour JHC novels when I was far too young for it to be suitable reading. By the time I was thirteen I had read at least 70. My uncle collects them and he let me read them. I loved Lepski and all his funny noises, as described by the author. And his nagging wife whom he adored. I can remember most of the titles but not the stories attached to each, it was so long ago. There was this sinister character called Vito Ferrari. Can't remember which one he featured in. And Rina who was an extremely bad lot and trouble for any man who got involved with her.
JHC was an extremely talented crime/thriller writer who managed to inject a lot of humor in his books. His talent for description and detail was just amazing.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Madea19(f): 2:04pm On May 30, 2008
My dad was a fan of JHC ,bt unfortunately 4 me,most of his books got missing b4 i was born,so i met wit only 2 namely- u've got it coming & safer dead. But in my search 4 more,i only got 1 frm a friend which is "u find him- i'll fix him". My funniest character among the three is Chet Sladen,& the scary one was Borg
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 8:02pm On May 30, 2008
I have added two new Chase e-books:
Come Easy - Go Easy
You Find Him - I'll Fix Him
To Download, visit: http://www.esnips.com/web/jameshadleychase
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Datope(f): 5:31pm On Jun 04, 2008
Good old JHC

, "raining fit to drown a duck"

, "He has a nose like a horse in a race.

Read almost 70. Started from Secondary School and still craving.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by kochito(m): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2008
You guys really messed up!How can you be talking about graet hadley chase novels and u guys did not tlk about Vulture is a patient bird? Armo Shalik,Lew Fennel,Max Kahleberg etc.
Double Shuffle,Tiger by the tail featuring Matt Holland,etc
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 23, 2008
kochito:

How can you be talking about  hadley chase novels and u guys did not tlk about The vulture is a patient bird, Tiger by the tail?

I agree with you who'a! I'll add a few of my all time favorites. . .

I hold the four aces 
No orchid for Miss Blandish
I hold the world in my pocket
You find him, I’ll fix him
Do me a favor, drop dead
I would rather stay poor. . .
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 6:55pm On Jun 28, 2008
Check: www.esnips.com/web/jameshadleychase to get
Lady - Here's Your Wreath e-book.
Can somebody send me the last 2 pages of A LOTUS FOR MISS QUON to my email medwatt@hotmail.com.
I've already computerized the entire book but i dont have the last two pages.
Thanks
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by OpeLovely(f): 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2008
Initially when i was young, i used to run away from his books because of the hardcore females they displayed on the cover until i read one and i was hooked. Very misleading covers. wink
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 1:22am On Jul 18, 2008
I have posted a lot of requests in the e-books that I've created and even in this board to let someone send me the missing pages of some of my Hadley Chase copies but all seem to be in vain. I have already created 15 e-books and have underwent a lot of strain through scanning, extracting, editing , etc and I have only asked for just two or more pages missing where-as I have already scanned about 3000 pages ,
The first Chase book I wanted to read was "This Way For A Shroud" and unfortunately and sadly it is going to be the last book I am going to post in my web. The books I've created are:

This Way For A Shroud
An Ace Up My Sleeve
Tiger By The Tail
A Coffin From Hong Kong
LADY - HERE’S YOUR WREATH
Come Easy - Go Easy
You Find Him – I'll Fix Him
Lay Her Among The Lilies
He won't need it now
I'll Get You For This
Hit and Run
Strictly For Cash
Miss Shumway Waves A Wand
The Soft Centre
Twelve Chinks and a woman
Figure it out for Yourself

, which can be got at: http://www.esnips.com/web/JamesHadleyChase

*I might post other ones, but they'll be in .rar format and with a password. I had intended to do a lot more for free but thats the way the cookie crumbles ,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by muchacho: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2008
my first is NO ORCHIDS FOR MISS BLANDISH
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:50am On Aug 01, 2008
I got a message from Chase fan Subodh Singh saying that he has Chase's rare book, Blondes' Requiem. He'll be sending me the full book and I might create its ebook if he gave me the permission. But here is a small extract from the book:

As I drove down Main Street a smell of dirt and decay drifted in through the open windows of the Packard. In the far distance I could see the high brick stacks of the smelters stuck up against the skyline. They belched black smoke that had, in the course of time, yellow-smoked everything into uniform dinginess.
There was a sordid, undisciplined feeling about the town I didn't like. The first policeman I saw needed a shave, and two buttons from his uniform were missing. The second, directing traffic, had a cigar in his mouth.
The sidewalk, littered with papers and trash, was crowded. Groups of men stood around at street corners. Some of them read news¬papers, while others tried to read over their shoulders. Women slouched past like they had something on their minds. Shops seemed empty ; even the bartenders were standing outside in the sunshine. I didn't have to be told that Cranville was coiled up like a spring with suppressed anger and excitement. I could see it just by looking at the people.
I stopped at a drug-store and, using one of the 'phones, called Lewes Wolf. I told him I had arrived.
"Well, come on out." He sounded like a man used to getting his own way. His voice was harsh and impatient. "You go through the town and turn right at the traffic lights. It's a mile or so further on."
I said I'd be right over and left the drug-store.
There was a small crowd of loafers around my car. I didn't cotton on at first. As I started to ease my way through the crowd, I heard someone say : "That's the privates from New York."
I looked quickly over my shoulder, but I didn't stop. They were a sick, seedy-looking bunch, dirty, tired and angry. A guy with a big Adam's apple said : "If you know what's good for you, you'll get the hell outa here." I was startled to see he was talking to me.
There was a murmur from the other guys. They edged closer and they looked like they wanted to take a poke at me.
I got the car door open quickly and slid under the steering-wheel.
The guy with the Adam's apple shoved his lean unshaven face through the window. "Beat it, Gum-shoe," he said in a gritty voice. "We don't like your kind around here."
I had the engine running. "Take it easy," I said, wanting to hang one on his jaw, and I drove off. In the driving mirror I could see them staring after me.
I felt damp under my arms, but I wasn't here to fight bums. I had other things to do.
I found Wolf's house without difficulty. It was so big I couldn't miss it. From the front wall a half-acre or so of fine green lawn spread in a gentle slope down to the street. The sidewalk and the parkway were both very wide and in the parkway the flowering bushes were worth seeing.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by blackgee(m): 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
I love james hadley but his books derail me: They arouse my passion for sex, adventure, crime,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 12:51am On Aug 07, 2008
I have uploaded today 9 Chase ebooks:
1. Blondes' Requiem
2. Safer Dead
3. The Paw In The Bottle
4. Just Another Sucker
5. Have This One On Me
6. You Have Yourself A Deal
7. You're Lonely When You're Dead
8. Want To Stay Alive?
9. We'll Share A Double Funeral

The total is now 25

Just Go to: www.esnips.com/web/jameshadleychase

Its for free
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by eezzy(f): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2008
I've read nearly all of James Hardley Chase's books, but my all time favourite
is 'An Ear to the Ground' Where Al Barney recounts the whole story of a serial
killer. Its long since I read these books, but that one I cant forget.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by superstan(m): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2008
the best james hadley chase ever is you want to stay alive?

poke toholo(the seminole indian).

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.