Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! (1466 Views)

Osinbajo’s Statement On Magu Was A Personal Opinion – Garba Shehu / PDP Disowns Dokpesi, Says Apology To Nigerians His Personal Opinion / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by peedeeasobie(m): 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
I will give my opinion on this "Biafra protest" going on!

What is this protest for?
Are they protesting against the continuous detention of Nnamdi Kanu or are they protesting for an independent Biafra nation?
If its the first, I really don't see anything wrong with it. Since the court has granted the said person bail and the bail conditions have been met, his detention is illegal.

But if its the second, then I have few but strong concerns...
(1) why do they want this Biafra nation?

A lot of people will say marginalization.
The question is, who is marginalizing who?
Is the Hausa marginalizing the Igbos?
Or is the Yoruba marginalizing the Igbos?
Or is Nigeria marginalizing the Igbos?

To say that the Hausa or Yoruba is marginalizing the Igbos will be an acceptance of defeat.
Why would another ethnic group/tribe marginalize the Igbo?
Could it be that they are better?
Could it be that they are more in number?
Could they be better economically?
Why are the Igbos not marginalizing them?

To say that Nigeria is marginalizing the Igbos will also raise some questions... Why?
Why would the Igbos allow the country to marginalize them?
Let me state some things here...
As I am writing this post now, there is a protest going on in Edo state against the governor because of the poor state of the roads.
How many Igbo states have protested against their governors?

T.A Orji governed Abia state for 8 good years, how many protests was organised against him? His governance was so bad that if you enter Aba, tears will come out of your eyes yet he won election for the second tenure and also to the senate! Abia almost went into extinction, yet no protest!
His son, who terrorized is member of Abia state house of Assembly! In a sane clime, that man ought to be in prison but... He is Biafra!

Rochas Okorocha, is in his second tenure, Imo state is almost a failed state, everything is in limbo, yet no single protest. Workers are owed, pensions are unpaid for months and the man is moving with private jets, no protest!

Kema Chikwe from Imo state was one time minister for aviation, check out Imo airport during and after her time. It was in a deplorable state!
Do we talk about Ojo Maduakwe, Charles Soludo, Chimaroke Nnamani, Polycap Nwite, Orji Uzor Kalu (turned Abia state to a family business), Ken Nnamani, Martin Elechi, Sam Egwu, Etc.
These men and many have at one time held very influential positions in Nigeria, what did they do for the Igbos?

What did they do with the monthly allocations they were given? What of the security bills?
How have they helped the states?
How many protests have been organised against these wicked and selfish Igbo leaders?
Go and check how rich most of these so-called leaders are? Go and find out the amount of monies they have stolen from your government.

You are fighting the wrong battle! You are fighting the wrong people. Hausas are not your problem. Yorubas are not your problem! You are your problem.
If Igbos finally gain the 'much wanted' independence, who will lead them? These same greedy leaders?

No serious nation starts out agitation for self determination like this! Unless the nation is planning to be a failed state before it even starts.

There must be a long term plan/goal!
What do the igbos want to achieve within the next 20 years? Start planning and implementing.
You cannot have majority of your youths as Okada riders and hawkers, yet you want your own nation!
Start building unity!
There must be orientations, sanitization of greed and selfish mentality.
There also must be specific and well directed educations.
There must be demand for excellent governance from leaders!

You are protesting against the wrong people!
Protest against your leaders who have kept you in abject poverty, who have amassed so much wealth to your detriment and that of your children!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by HCpaul(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Silly questions up there^^^
Why did Nigeria cease to release them?
With due repect sir, your personal opinion is ridiculous.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by TechRev: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
They just won't mind their business. Jamb questions. I no want the marriage na by force?

8 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by McLuhan(m): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
A tragedy inside a calamity.
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by athaboi(f): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
Op so u wasted ur hard earned time to ask this crap of a question? Weting concern u? U be igbo? Did they ask u to sugest for them? Are u going with them? U better carry dis ur question join am to ur personal prblm and think on how to solve ur prblms!

9 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Are they protesting against the continuous detention of Nnamdi Kanu or are they protesting for an independent Biafra nation?
If its the first, I really don't see anything wrong with it. Since the court has granted the said person bail and the bail conditions have been met, his detention is illegal.

To say that the Hausa or Yoruba is marginalizing the Igbos will be an acceptance of defeat.

To say that Nigeria is marginalizing the Igbos will also raise some questions... Why?
As I am writing this post now, there is a protest going on in Edo state against the governor because of the poor state of the roads.

T.A Orji governed Abia state for 8 good years, how many protests was organised against him? His governance was so bad that if you enter Aba, tears will come out of your eyes yet he won election for the second tenure and also to the senate! Abia almost went into extinction, yet no protest!
His son, who terrorized is member of Abia state house of Assembly! In a sane clime, that man ought to be in prison but... He is Biafra!

Rochas Okorocha, is in his second tenure, Imo state is almost a failed state, everything is in limbo, yet no single protest. Workers are owed, pensions are unpaid for months and the man is moving with private jets, no protest!

Kema Chikwe from Imo state was one time minister for aviation, check out Imo airport during and after her time. It was in a deplorable state!
Do we talk about Ojo Maduakwe, Charles Soludo, Chimaroke Nnamani, Polycap Nwite, Orji Uzor Kalu (turned Abia state to a family business), Ken Nnamani, Martin Elechi, Sam Egwu, Etc.
These men and many have at one time held very influential positions in Nigeria, what did they do for the Igbos?

What did they do with the monthly allocations they were given? What of the security bills?
How many protests have been organised against these wicked and selfish Igbo leaders?
Go and check how rich most of these so-called leaders are? Go and find out the amount of monies they have stolen from your government.

You are fighting the wrong battle! You are fighting the wrong people. Hausas are not your problem. Yorubas are not your problem! You are your problem.
If Igbos finally gain the 'much wanted' independence, who will lead them? These same greedy leaders?

No serious nation starts out agitation for self determination like this! Unless the nation is planning to be a failed state before it even starts.

What do the igbos want to achieve within the next 20 years? Start planning and implementing.
You cannot have majority of your youths as Okada riders and hawkers, yet you want your own nation!
Start building unity!

Protest against your leaders who have kept you in abject poverty, who have amassed so much wealth to your detriment and that of your children!

How is it your business why we want BIAFRA? Nigeria is a failed nonentity, finish, full stop.

Why don't you ask catalonians why they wanted independence or ask the several nations that splitter from USSR. Is Nigeria better than Spain?!

10 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yoruba snakes. Leave biafra alone

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by davido1000: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Leave this ignominous slowpoke slimmy YORUBA scallywag bastards.........BiG SNAKES INDEED

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by omolami: 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Thank God it is your personal opinion. This argument does not carry any weight, the most important thing to do is to give them what they want. How the Igbos run their affairs after that does not concern any one. The truth is that Igbos are marginalised and buhari's administration is making it worse by taking the marginalisation to another irritating level Only a fool can deny the fact that Buhari is showing the seed of discord among the tribes that make up Nigeria by his antecedents. He is highly undemocratic to say the least.

7 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by PedroJP(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
This OP is silly. So mere mention of 95percenters and 5percenters doesn't ring bell on ur head ? More over, 100 yrs now and still counting, despite enjoying natural resources that some nations doing well ain't enjoying, we are lagging behind in so many things that we ought to have counted as passed. So, let's try another approach to see if we can progress, stop ur hypocricy and accept we need to move forward and not to keep having faith in a stagnant Nigeria that has refused to move forward.

Initially u Yorubas said Biafra is an online thing, now u are giving advice. Yoruba should look beyond the little they gain in this fraud called Nigeria and their fear of survival after break up and loss of oil money allocations. Let them think about progress and take charge of their fate.

Biafra is a must by God's grace.

I couldn't imagine dat Buharia had d gut to tell us publicly not to expect same treatment with Northerners from his government. Is he God ? Does he want Igbos to come and worship him cos Obj rigged him in ? God shouldn't just divide this nation, he should punish Yoruba/Huasafulani more. They deserve to perish.

OP another reason we need division is that we'v never been same people, we do not reason alike, not alike, u prefer Islam, we don't, etc. Infact we pretend to love when we see each other but deep down we hate ourselves cos we are not alike. Let's answer our names and compete, not dragging pple back in the name of unity.

Biafra will come to punish injustice

Lastly, yoruba won't enjoy a good relationship from Biafra iF hausa/fulani consents to Biafra b4 them.

7 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by PedroJP(m): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
PedroJP:
This OP is silly. So mere mention of 95percenters and 5percenters doesn't ring bell on ur head ? More over, 100 yrs now and still counting, despite enjoying natural resources that some nations doing well ain't enjoying, we are lagging behind in so many things that we ought to have counted as passed. So, let's try another approach to see if we can progress, stop ur hypocricy and accept we need to move forward and not to keep having faith in a stagnant Nigeria that has refused to move forward.

Initially u Yorubas said Biafra is an online thing, now u are giving advice. Yoruba should look beyond the little they gain in this fraud called Nigeria and their fear of survival after break up and loss of oil money allocations. Let them think about progress and take charge of their fate.

Biafra is a must by God's grace.

I couldn't imagine dat Buharia had d gut to tell us publicly not to expect same treatment with Northerners from his government. Is he God ? Does he want Igbos to come and worship him cos Obj rigged him in ? God shouldn't just divide this nation, he should punish Yoruba/Huasafulani more. They deserve to perish.

OP another reason we need division is that we'v never been same people, we do not reason alike, not alike, u prefer Islam, we don't, etc. Infact we pretend to love when we see each other but deep down we hate ourselves cos we are not alike. Let's answer our names and compete, not dragging pple back in the name of unity.

Biafra will come to punish injustice

Lastly, yoruba won't enjoy a good relationship from Biafra iF hausa/fulani consents to Biafra b4 them.

God punish Nigeria. Bless Biafra

6 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by peedeeasobie(m): 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
See the abuses and insults because of my opinion.
Firstly, I'm from Abia state. I am more Igbo than most of you ranting!

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by Karanka: 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
OP,clearly,you've raised very valid and dispassionate points that only few posters have attempted to address.
However,it's very obvious that Nigeria's future as a nation doesn't seem to be very bright,even to the most optimistic.
The nation is in serious strife presently and people(not just the Biafrans) are tired of successive useless governments and leaders who say one thing during campaigns and do exactly the opposite; leaders who clearly do not care about the progress of this nation.
Where and what is the pride of being a Nigerian?
What do you gain as a Nigerian?
Is this the kind of country you'll want your children and grand children to have? For how long do we continue to "try" and make it work?
This protest is not totally because the Igbos feel marginalized; rather it's a protest against a failed state.
Only that the Igbos (or Biafrans) are the ones brave enough to come out in the open about it.
I see about 3 or 4 consequences in all these: (1) the Biafrans might be made scape goats (2) the protests may die out naturally (3) the Biafrans might have their own Nation (4) the Nation might be restructured and some of these dissatisfactions addressed. Number (1) though is highly unlikely in this age and time.
Let posterity be the judge.
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by Olabestonic001(m): 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
Honestly, I'm Yoruba and very gainfully employed. I want out of Nigeria or at worst regional autonomy. The Biafran agitation would have been sensible if it were a thought-out one and not one that runs on sentiments and clannishness. If the Igbo's comments and position on Nairaland and Social media shows their mind, Nigeria is doomed!!!.
They are nursing a deeprooted hatred against many people courtesy of their Fathers wrong believes that they are more unique than any tribe in Nigeria. I really want them away from Yoruba's before we loose our cool. Their hatred and disdain for Yoruba's is legendary and I can bow that either they get Biafra or not, we have take note of their deep-rooted hate and will forever deal with them at arm's length.
I do not like the Hausa/Fulani's style either; they are undeveloped and want to remain so. To all my Yoruba brothers, please take the Igbo's hatred to heart because they are sworn enemies to us; they've shown it clearly. They eat in the same plate with us but are eternal enemies. We will deal with them systematically and not follow their open outbursts. We have take note of you lots and shall forever beware of you. We are strategists who waits to hit (just as the Russians) and we shall win you as we won Abacha. Go and check our history, we do not make noises about bit we give deep rooted jab (ask Abacha and GEJ ).

I'm unhappy that Yoruba's have giving room for their enemies for long and as much as we can, we shall deal ruthlessly with you guys for showing us open insults and disdain in your fights for secession.

3 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by basilo101: 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
Olabestonic001:
Honestly, I'm Yoruba and very gainfully employed. I want out of Nigeria or at worst regional autonomy. The Biafran agitation would have been sensible if it were a thought-out one and not one that runs on sentiments and clannishness. If the Igbo's comments and position on Nairaland and Social media shows their mind, Nigeria is doomed!!!.
They are nursing a deeprooted hatred against many people courtesy of their Fathers wrong believes that they are more unique than any tribe in Nigeria. I really want them away from Yoruba's before we loose our cool. Their hatred and disdain for Yoruba's is legendary and I can bow that either they get Biafra or not, we have take note of their deep-rooted hate and will forever deal with them at arm's length.
I do not like the Hausa/Fulani's style either; they are undeveloped and want to remain so. To all my Yoruba brothers, please take the Igbo's hatred to heart because they are sworn enemies to us; they've shown it clearly. They eat in the same plate with us but are eternal enemies. We will deal with them systematically and not follow their open outbursts. We have take note of you lots and shall forever beware of you. We are strategists who waits to hit (just as the Russians) and we shall win you as we won Abacha. Go and check our history, we do not make noises about bit we give deep rooted jab (ask Abacha and GEJ ).

I'm unhappy that Yoruba's have giving room for their enemies for long and as much as we can, we shall deal ruthlessly with you guys for showing us open insults and disdain in your fights for secession.
Lol, You are here boasting of superiority at the same time accusing others of doing same, offloading hate speeches u acuse others of?? go and rest joor

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by basilo101: 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Lol, You are here boasting of superiority at the same time accusing others of doing same, offloading hate speeches u acuse others of?? go and rest joor. Go and read Sanusi's article "yorubas are the problem of Nigeria" . all this empty boast of how yoruba strategise and get everything is just funny cos Tinubu and cronies are the one enriching themselves in the name yoruba strategy. an average yoruba peson live here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by basilo101: 11:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
why is the OP ttalking rubbbish, cant u see #Free Nnamdi kanu " on their placads. Isnt it obvious what caused the protest or did biafra agitation start today?? The struggle for biafra continues, but the protest is because of the unlawful detention of someone who has met bail condidtions. PPl want to be alone and u are telling them that they are okada riders and hawkers, imagine nonesense. how is dat ur business the Zoo is just funny

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by peedeeasobie(m): 11:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
cc. Lalasticlala
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Start building unity!

Do u have any idea that some personal opinions are useless, stupidd, etc.

2 Likes

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by peedeeasobie(m): 12:40am On Nov 10, 2015
chuna1985:

Do u have any idea that some personal opinions are useless, stupidd, etc.

yes sir, as stupid as what you just wrote here!

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by lawrenceunaa: 1:07am On Nov 10, 2015
peedeeasobie:
See the abuses and insults because of my opinion.

Firstly, I'm from Abia state. I am more Igbo than most of you ranting!
u are nothing but a f00l . No Igbo is more Igbo than the other
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 10, 2015
J.U.N.K
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by lawrenceunaa: 1:13am On Nov 10, 2015
Olabestonic001:

did ur father fu*ck uu
That's the effect girl ,well that's ur custom deal with it.
The hatred is eternal nothing like #onenigeria
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by obailala(m): 1:31am On Nov 10, 2015
peedeeasobie:

Start building unity!

You have have asked very vital questions and I will advise you not to ever be moved by the insults and slander you get from the pro-secessionists. I have also asked so many of these questions myself and there is never an answer except insults. In fact, with the barrage of insults I get on a regular basis, at a point I was almost beginning to wonder if I was truly not an Igbo man like they keep telling me. But then, I learnt how to ignore the insults. The brains of these guys have been so fried in the oil of delusion, they've been so brainwashed that it is next to impossible to have them settle down for a reasonable debate. The most unfortunate thing is that due the widespread poverty in the land, they would keep gathering easy followers and sypathisers like a wild virus.

All I can say is that you should never give up in asking those questions, I beleive the only reason this virus of delusion is spreading like a wild fire is because as usual, those gifted with wisdom have decided not to speak up.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by obailala(m): 1:36am On Nov 10, 2015
Olabestonic001:

Stop profiling an entire ethnic group over the actions of a few street urchins.

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by peedeeasobie(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2015
lawrenceunaa:
u are nothing but a f00l . No Igbo is more Igbo than the other

I wasn't raised in a gutter so I will refrain from insulting you!
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:17am On Nov 10, 2015
OP! I suggest you Wrap your opinion tightly with a slippery nylon and stick it deep down your arsehole. It's better off down there.

No insult intended
Re: My Personal Opinion On The Biafra Protest! by peedeeasobie(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
OP! I suggest you Wrap your opinion tightly with a slippery nylon and stick it deep down your arsehole. It's better off down there.

No insult intended

Unintelligent people would rather insult than engage in constructive arguments.

When I see abusive comments like yours, I thank my parents for raising me well.

(1) (Reply)

Is Prof Osinbajo Tired Of Being A Vice / Buhari:You cant believe what GMB is spending time doing in Iran(photo) / What APC HOR Member Said About The 2016 Budget In January,do You Agree With Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.