Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

5 Greatest Living Nigerians - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Greatest Living Nigerians (9881 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo. Like Or Loathe Him, Is The Greatest Living Nigerian. / Nigeria's Greatest Living Legends / Stv:nigeria's Greatest Living Legends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 21, 2009
GANI FAWEHINMI
WOLE SOYINKA
OLUSEGUN OBASANJO (FOR DESTROYING THE COUNTRY TO AN EXTENT)
cry
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by Haksalam(m): 4:00pm On May 22, 2009
THEY ARE(IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
MR
MY DAD
MY MUM
MY SISTER
YOU
grin
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by TayoUK(m): 5:43pm On May 22, 2009
Gani Fawehinmi
Wole Soyinka
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by decash(m): 11:13am On May 23, 2009
the five greatest living nigerians can't be complete without my name in:
1.austin okacha
2.pastor Chris Oyakhilome
3.accountant Grace Ntuk
4.evang Ubongabasi
5.Amb. E$hiet of the Most High GOD.
hey guys,
hate or love it, this' the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2009
Dora Akunyili
Kanu Nwakwo
Adeboye

Should be amongst the greatest living Legends, People argue whether Obasanjo should be a legend. The answer is "yes". Ofcourse more in the negative sence. He has ruled Nigeria more than any other individual, he fought the civil war, and so many other thongs. He might not be a typical hero(i don't think he' a role model).

What surprises me is Hakem Olajuwon not even amongst the first ten. He's the greatest African sport legend. The first non-American to win the MVP. The minus is that he didn't play 4 Nigeria. But if Anthony Enahoro and Ojukwu should be mentioned amongst the living legend, What of Hakeem,
o think Chioma Ajunwa should be nominated amongst the living legend
I als
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by shola74: 1:16pm On May 25, 2009
All  I just have to say here is that, it is hi time for we youth of Nigeria to be wise.
Only one man Changed the Destiny of South Africans for Good and put the Name South Africa on the List of G20( sacrificing good 27 of his years.)
grin undecidedOnly one Man revolutionised Ghana and people from here are rushing to live happy life there;
Only one man started the crusade that changed the fate of blacks in America;
They call us resillient in Nigeria and they are taking undue advantage of our God-Given vitue for their own  selfish award for themselves and there families;self aggrandizement.
Now can we stop pasting names of self Glorified elements an endless list of self-acclaimed righteousness, personal achievements that is not in the spirit of patrotism, and seek for maybe one of us on tis thread that would lay down so-much of ourseves to remove Nigeria from one of the three most corrupt and poor nation to maybe something like G40, if you know what I mean. cry

The problem before us is beyond making names from writing well publicised books, or establishing religious sects, or using tax payer's funds in builing good roads and structures, or Being and academic guru home or abroa; we are talking of self less sacrifice for Generations to come. Our unborn children. I mean real Patriotism to a real democratic nation were human basic fundamental rights Count.[i][/i][color=#006600][/color]
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by shola74: 1:20pm On May 25, 2009
All  I just have to say here is that, it is hi time for we youth of Nigeria to be wise.
Only one man Changed the Destiny of South Africans for Good and put the Name South Africa on the List of G20( sacrificing good 27 of his years.)
grin undecidedOnly one Man revolutionised Ghana and people from here are rushing to live happy life there;
Only one man started the crusade that changed the fate of blacks in America;
They call us resilient in Nigeria and they are taking undue advantage of our God-Given virtue for their own  selfish award for themselves and there families;self aggrandizement.
Now can we stop pasting names of self Glorified elements an endless list of self-acclaimed righteousness, personal achievements that is not in the spirit of pa trotism, and seek for maybe one of us on This thread that would lay down so-much of ourseves to remove Nigeria from one of the three most corrupt and poor nation to maybe something like G40, if you know what I mean. cry

The problem before us is beyond making names from writing well publicised books, or establishing religious sects, or using tax payer's funds in building good roads and structures, or Being and academic guru home or abroad; we are talking of self less sacrifice for Generations to come. Our unborn children. I mean real Patriotism to a real democratic nation were human basic fundamental rights Count.[i][/i][color=#006600][/color]
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by mckolynx: 7:25pm On May 25, 2009
firstly, wetin be greatness, some go on praising E.A Adeboye because he is a pastor,
haba naija, people of low mentality,
to me, i can only figure out three:

Chinua Achebe- he has gained us respect from the white folks,

C.O Ojukwu- gave his all for the actualization of biafra,

Kanu Nwankwo- saved lives with his foot (kanu heart foundation),

as for the pastor, he's only making his cash from you, shocked time to shine your eyesssssss,
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by mckolynx: 7:31pm On May 25, 2009
firstly, wetin be greatness, some go on praising E.A Adeboye because he is a pastor,
to me, i can only figure out four:

OLUSEGUN OBASANJO- distabilized Nigeria in just a couple of years,

as for the pastor, he's only making his cash from you, shocked time to shine your eyesssssss,
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by mckolynx: 7:38pm On May 25, 2009
to me, i can only figure out four:

OLUSEGUN OBASANJO- distabilized Nigeria in just a couple of years,

Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by naliakar: 1:43am On May 26, 2009
CHINUA ACHEBE
WOLE SOYINKA
MURTALA MOHAMED
KEN SAROWIWA
OMOTOLA JELADE EKEINDE
ADEBAYO
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by Tudor3(m): 8:23am On May 26, 2009
It's only in nigeria that a CRIMINAL like pastor adeboye will be made a living legend. What has the thief done to change nigeria? He dupes poor people into giving the little money they have and buys jet,build expensive schools they can't afford and build $60 millon auditoriums. Guys like kanu have a heart foundation which save lives and we prefer to elevate the criminals. In the misdt of corruption in government,you don't see them condemning they dodge and hide from the issue in fear (i thot they're supposed to have the spirip of god in them)
Hasn't he heard of mahatma ghandi of india. That man had no possesion,made his own clothes and fought for freedom. Even if adeJALE buys 300 jets and buids the largest church,he'll NEVER be as great as ghandi.
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by Truthonly(m): 5:29pm On May 27, 2009
Guys wake up!

The newspaper people are not people of authority. Lets not be deceived that because they printed millions of copies of newspapers and circulated them, that means their content are worth reading or its content worth believing. These newspaper houses are the worst institutions in our beloved country. They are instruments of lies, and manipulation. See the way people scrabble to read them like their lives depended on its content.

The vanguard newspaper is no authority to suggest or even define who a legend is, much more a living one. All the names mentioned have their pluses and minuses. But for TRUTH sake, I do not think we have reached a point were they be celebrated as legends, not with the turn of events in the nation, not with the generational failure they instituted.

You want to find legends, look around you and see man who have great multitude of followers who depend on their words and actions for spiritual, economic and inspirational resuscitation. The legends in our midst has to be people talking to us about a hope, teaching us the way, showing us the light out of this shithole.

Trust me, they will never be celebrated in those newspapers. The world was not design to celebrate them, the world was designed to kill them and hang them on crosses of shame. But take a look at the multitudes that rely on these individuals and their institutions for LIFE.

THEY ARE THE TRUE LEGENDS. LIVING OR DEAD, THE LEGEND NEVER DIES, THE MAN MAY DIE, BUT THE LEGACY NEVER DIES.

Forget about those names in the papers. I am so disappointed in some of them who didn't write the newspaper house to delete their names off the list. You are shameless, you want people to clap for your failures, you need help yourself.

MEASURE THE LEGEND BY THE FOLLOWERS AND THE IMPACT OF THEIR IDEALS, STRUCTURES AND INSTITUTIONS THEY HAVE BUILT. Not political or economic institutions.
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by tpia5: 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
nolongTing:

Do you mean they should be nominated for the greatest failures of all time? wink

can you explain anything you ever achieved in your pathetic life that makes you think you're an armchair critic?
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by nolongTing: 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
tpia@:

can you explain anything you ever achieved in your pathetic life that makes you think you're an armchair critic?

I have definitely achieved more than your entire family if they lived their lives over 100 times each! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin muva.fokinn Tranny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by tpia5: 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
^oya, list your accomplishments, loser.

1. you can type
2. you have a keyboard
3. you have a monkey mother
4. your father is a baboon
5. you can "design your own website"

lmao!!!!!!!
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by nolongTing: 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2011
tpia@:

^oya, list your accomplishments, loser.

1. you can type
2. you have a keyboard
3. you have a monkey mother
[size=30pt]4. My father is a baboon[/size]
5. you can "design your own website"

lmao!!!!!!!

I agree with you lol! I have definitely achieved more than your entire family if they lived their lives over 100 times each! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin muva.fokinn Tranny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Greatest Living Nigerians by Topsido(m): 10:41am On Nov 05, 2011
Obasanjo
Soyinka
Bruce
Dangote
Iweala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Raids Unity Bank At Kwali, Fct, Abuja - Breaking News. / NYSC Corpers Serving In Akwa Ibom State Get A Raise In Their Allowance / #BuhariShowYourCertificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.