Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom (63895 Views)

How To Prevent HIV After You Have Been Exposed. / 16 Signs You May Have HIV Without Knowing / How an hiv positive lady almost lured me into sex without condom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Vaxt(m): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
As HIV becomes a growing threat around the world, people want access to information that can help them to avoid this potentially deadly disease. Medical experts have indicated that co ndoms can be a good way to prevent an HIV infection, but there are other steps you can take to reduce your chances of contracting HIV.

#1:. Abstain The most effective way to not contract HIV is to not have s’ex with anyone until you are prepared to get married. When the time comes, you and your significant other can get the tests done to determine your HIV status, and then make the informed decision that will affect the rest of your lives.

#2:. Be selective on your s’exual partners When you find someone who you have strong feelings for, it is important to have an open discussion about HIV prior to having s’ex. If you are extremely selective about the partners you choose, then you can significantly reduce your chances of contracting HIV.

3:. Consider monogamy One of the surest ways to prevent HIV if you want to remain s’exually active is to be monogamous with someone who is not HIV positive.

#4:. Use only sterile medical equipment Whether you are giving yourself a shot of medication at home or getting an injection from a medical facility, always insist on making sure that the needle is sterile. Avoid previously used needles when you are injecting medication, or when you are getting medical treatment.

#5:. Insist on tested blood If you ever need a blood transfusion, then insist on only using blood that has been
tested for the HIV and AIDS viruses.

#6:. Get yourself tested If you get yourself into the habit of being tested for HIV a couple of times a year, then it becomes easier to insist that your s’exual partners do the same. If you do decide to have s’ex with multiple partners throughout the year, then you should insist that they take the same steps you do in getting tested for HIV and having those results with them to show you. It seems extreme, but it is much better than the alternative.

#7:Get treated for HIV immediately If you had s’ex with someone and start to feel flu-like symptoms soon afterwards, then get tested immediately. The newer HIV medications being used can actually help to stop the infection if it is caught soon enough. The sooner you get tested, the better your chances of stopping the infection.

http://www.naijashine.com.ng/2015/11/10/guys-and-ladies-see-ways-to-prevent-hiv-without-condom/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Favparis(f): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
good, but use paragraph

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
very informative post.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by NinaTohBadt(f): 10:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Terrible disease..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Berrylite: 10:25am On Nov 11, 2015
Good write up. So far so good, there has been no medication to cure HIV/AIDS, but it can be managed.
Management of HIV/AIDS involves medication to help prevent oppotunistic infections that may arise due to compromised immunity.

We have immune boosters in the form of natural supplements for HIV/AIDS and all of our clients have testified positively to the effect of this supplements. You can get my contact details by clicking my profile

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 11, 2015
#7:Get treated for HIV immediately If you had s’ex
with someone and start to feel flu-like symptoms
soon afterwards, then get tested immediately. The
newer HIV medications being used can actually
help to stop the infection if it is caught soon
enough.“
cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by justmenoni: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
I totally disagree with No: 3, let's assume a scenario Mr a is in a monogamy grin grin with ladyb and judging by looks,family background etc one could totally agree that ladyb is an angel as a matter of fact lady b was a Virgin before Mr A took her virginity.

Along the line ladyb met an old friend Mr C who has a sugar-coated mouth and before u say APC, Mr C and ladyb started havin sex(all this Mr A is unaware of it)...Mr C is an acute womaniser that goes for anything in skirt and depending on the situation he doesn't use condom and as a matter of fact he boasts to his friends dat flesh to flesh is the best grin to cut the long story short Mr C has 3 sure ladies ( he calls and hv sex with dem anytime he got konji) the new ladies X,Y and Z are themself serious ashawo ( one works in d hotel,one is a nurse and runs girl while the third is an hairdresser)

To cut the story short Mr C is havin constant unprotected sexwith x,y,z then he will pour is seen in Ladyb and Mr A is also havin sex with her steady...

In my opinion abstaining from sex and sex with condoms ( not gold circles grin) are the best option but u and I know alot of men won't settle for these two options.

justmenoni:
No

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Could pls add more clarity on d drugs to TX early hiv infection.
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by taiyesoul(f): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Choi!.Aint nothing sweet like flesh to flesh.Condom is like licking a sweet without removing the wrapper.But AIDS!!!.Why na?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by mightyhaze: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Nice post! But ofcourse most people already know dese. Was expecting to read sth new. Reminds me of one of klint's comedies,...where a man was abt 2 be injected/infected wit a hiv serum from a syringe,he took xcuse and quickly rolled up a condom and den confidently presented himself for the shot,...afterall condoms prevent hiv infections cheesy tongue

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by kilode100(f): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Skin to bone dey sweet o..

Something must kill a man jawe...

Let's knack freely and be joyous cheesy cheesy

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by xender(m): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
Kay Kay Kay Kay Kay .
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by smileysmiles(f): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2015
if you are monogamus and your partner isnt?? i think abstinence and condoms are the best ways. especially for the unmarried

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by drizslim(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2015
Op U Sounding Like Once A Victim wink
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by IYANGBALI: 10:27am On Nov 11, 2015
rokiatu,prettythicksme,lalasticlala,mukina2 and vickyrotex you need to read dis o
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Beesluv: 10:27am On Nov 11, 2015
Abstainance
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by handie(m): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2015
[q] Get yourself tested If you get yourself
into the habit of being tested for HIV a
couple of times a year, then it becomes
easier to insist that your s’exual partners do
the same.
[/q]. That HIV test na wahala o. I can still remember when I went for HIV test coupla years back. D way they run d counseling will leave u who knows u're HIV free fearing that u actually could be positive. I no like all those counseling Sam Sam! Best thing is abstainence or being faithful to a single partner. Why have double partners sef? All punnies na d same Jare

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Richie0974: 10:28am On Nov 11, 2015
I'll tell them. ..
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by sheddo619(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2015
hmmm and dats hw indecency keeps growing .
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 11, 2015
I was expexting to see a new device or something like that..... Not this ish

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by psychologist(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2015
I laff in swahili

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by flexxygurl(f): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2015

Condom's still the most affordable method.
Abstinence can be a bit extreme for someone who's tasted the ****
I'm for monogamy though...
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by Djdamian(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2015
see how d babe dey tear d condom.... kai konji na bastard
Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by niggi4life(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2015
mscheeeeeeeew. I was expecting to see something like
1. Add salt to water before sexual intercourse
2. Eat corn, cucumber and carrot before d show
3. Add shaving powder to the prick before d show

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by ikombe: 10:29am On Nov 11, 2015
SirWere:
I was expexting to see a new device or something like that..... Not this ish
same here bro grin

1 Like

Re: Ways To Prevent HIV Without Condom by daroz(m): 10:30am On Nov 11, 2015
This information is totally useless cos I was expecting something new, not all these old information that even my grandmum in the village is already aware of . angry

Wasted mb

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help, I'm A Guy Who's Growing Breasts. / 14 Body Parts You Often Damage But Ignore By First Doctor (Photo) / How Push Up Bras Cause Breast Cancer In Ladies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.