Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL (936 Views)

Impostor Slammed With 27 Month Jail Sentence For Job Scam (photos) / Be Warned! Dont Fall A Victim Of This Scam / 2 Nigerians Arrested In Delhi For Job Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by iamok: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
Dont fall for this Job Scam supposedly from SHELL

Although this have been in place and different warnings have gone out but unfortunately people still fall.
For you here, Pls Beware

A friend send this to me.

As I settled down in my office on Monday the 2nd of Nov., 2015, attending to some research students, my phone beeped with an incoming
SMS which is supposedly from a friend. In the word of the sender of the text message “Gbenga, how re u doing? I have been trying ur line network is bad, is Adiele Bright. ur NCCF member@ Benue State. I work with shell (S.P.D.C) Oil Company in Rivers State. Hav u got job? Recruitment is on now, if u will apply call me now 4 more details”. The used phone number is 08162689364 (which i later saved as Ole-1 (meaning Thief-1) on my phone).
My memory zoomed into action, trying to recollect the identity of the so called ADIELE BRIGHT who claimed to be “my member” in NCCF during NYSC. I became more puzzled because I served in Benue State and I was indeed committed to NCCF during my NYSC though I never headed NCCF nor was I part of the state executives, so how come this beloved brother claimed to be “my member”? Am I a Senior Pastor or the G.O of NCCF? Since, I wasn’t looking for job, I decided to ignore the SMS instructions. In fact, I even counselled my students to be excellent in whatever they do and to be associated with good people so that they can be remembered when the need arises! My foolishness… or ignorance rather…
After few minutes (roughly 30 mins), the number called me again and challenged me for not calling nor responding to his message… I started suspecting foul play even though I wasn’t interested in the conversation, I decided to play along… If for nothing, I can at least help some people with my story. We got talking and he tried to lure me with how lucrative the job is with an initial take home of N550, 000 monthly with a potential of increase to N850, 000 monthly within three months of active service! Oops! That’s not bad a pay I guess especially at such a time as this in Nigeria!
I indeed played along and he told me how his brother in law helped him to secure the job and that he has already convinced him to help me.
He said he told his brother in law how good I am to him and how my messages (God’s message I guess) helped his life and his spiritual growth and that he will really desire that I get the job since it can change my financial status within few years! I appreciated him even though I couldn’t remember ever meeting him, and he immediately sent his brother in law’s number to me who is said to be Dr. Charles Gbandi, the
Human Resources Manager of SPDC, Port Harcourt, Nigeria (His phone number is 08062902597, saved as Ole -2 (Theif-2) on my phone). I proceeded to put a call through to the said Dr. Charles Who was quite impressed with my resume. He later forwarded his email address requesting for my CV and other supporting credentials (His email address is drcharlesgbandispdc2@gmail.com). I complied immediately and on Tuesday (3rd Nov, 2015), I received a mail from the email address which reads: “You are hereby advised to print out this form with hard copies colored print and fill it correctly, affix your passport photograph on the provision made for it. Scan it and return to us immediately via email along with your complete data, statement of results as well as your discharged certificate for proper screening and final approval. Thanks, Blessing John, Secretary to the HRM, SPDC”.
I also received a SMS from SHELL-NIG inviting me for an interview at the Shell conference hall. Port-Harcourt by 10:30am on 13th and 14th November, 2015. They also said I should come along with a recommendation letter from the Royal Highness of Bonny LGA and a medical fitness letter. As expected, he told me that the job is meant for an indigene of the town (of which I’m not)
and that they have to lobby the Royal Highness for the letter which will cost me just N50, 000 and another N30, 000 for the recommendation
letter from the LG chairman and Medical fitness certificate. He told me to rush quickly to the nearest branch of First bank and as soon as I get there, I should alert him so that he can send the account details. All these happened between 10am on Monday and 4pm on Tuesday.
As early as 8am this morning (4th Nov, 2015), I feigned to be at the nearest first bank branch and indeed, the said DR CHARLES GBANDI sent
me a first bank account details with Account
Name: GODWIN THANKGOD and Account
Number: 3093921003, First Bank.
I have been trying to play along but I couldn’t play any further since I’m not ready to part with my God-provided resources with those miscreants
who think they are smart enough to dupe every Nigerian thinking we are all gullible as they are! Till now, they are still awaiting the initial deposit of N50, 000, still disturbing me with bugging calls. May they wait till nemesis catch up with them and till they repent of their sins if they will.
Friends, I have decided to publish this story with all the facts because nobody knows who their next target will be. If you can, you can investigate the true identity of those phone numbers using online application softwares… Be smart enough to know that any job prospect that requests that you pay any amount of money is a scam.

Please share this till every unsuspecting innocent friend knows that these predators are all over!

A word is enough for the wise
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by demmy0325(m): 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
tnx 4 d info
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by divinehand2003(m): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
I was also contacted by a different set of scammers with the same lines. I quickly discovered their tricks when they requested for N150000 to obtain the letter of origin from one kingdom in Rivers state. I just blocked them fast from my contact.
I think they use the NYSC mag to reel out the names of possible victims of their heinous crime.
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by david290(m): 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thank you for sharing this useful information. Quite unfortunate that those who need this post more are in another section doing Aproko.
Well I'll be sharing the info right away on my platform. It is what we do on the forum-- exposing scams and scammers. Check my signature
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by ezugegere(m): 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
I've had the same experience before. I wonder how people would fall for this kind of cheap scam.

(1) (Reply)

Child Rapists Should Have Their Organs Cut Off – Florence Ita-giwa / Skyebank Atm Dispense Fake 1000 Naira Note Ayanburen Branch Ikorodu / 19 Nigerian Gang Arrested In Dubai For Robbing Atm's Of DH1.8 Million That Equal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.