Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,282 members, 7,780,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:28 PM

Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility (42265 Views)

FG Creates 193,469 Jobs In Ministry Of Works, Housing / Fashola On Inspection Tour Of Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing Project / Fashola Heads President Buhari's Trusted Team Of Associates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Akinz0126(m): 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
Yes Fashola can do it.He did it in lagos and he can still do it again Tested and trusted that is Raji fashola for you.
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by deucelaw: 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
is he the prime minister / president of Nigeria?. There are precedents and that is what favours him to succeed.

Vyolet:

Nigeria is bigger than Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
ZUBY77:

What exactly are you idiotts celebrating?
That Fashola was named power minister?
How does that transform into Electricity for you?

It is this celebration of mediocrity that kept you animals in the dark for ages.
And one wonders when and if this will ever end.
Subhumans.
wail on brother ...

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by dacovajnr: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
I Swear by this tym nxt year Fashola grey hair go don increase with this appointments shocked..Nazo baba trust am reach..PDP better open their check book and sign Fashola @ whatever amount ahead of 2019 General election since transfer windows still open grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by homirefacuny(m): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
VirginFinder:

You forgot Information and Communication
6 out of the 7 Yoruba ministers have substantive portfolios.
The 7th is not bad. Ondo has never really been considered as part of the NigerDelta. But the appointment of an Ondo man as minister of state, Niger Delta, will change that.
Thannk you baba MI.... Cheers to a brighter future. I can tetisfy that I use light for more than 18 hours a day in my area. Now that I av Fashola in ministry of power..... Na to call Chinedu to come and carry my abiku Generator. grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Vyolet(f): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
dre11:

Running Lagos state is like running some three state within this federation call Nigeria

Just two portfolios

When he was in Lagos state
He was the one controlling the affairs of Lagos even when he was staved of funds....

Let's hope he delivers,Lagos state alone is not Nigeria and his reign in the state cannot be used to judge Nigeria as a whole.
Everyone believed Buhari would perform miracles as soon as he gets there,but the picture is just getting clearer.
Who knows though,the president might just take a rest while his ministers,perm secs and DGs do the work.
ThisMeansWars:
have you heard of the quote that says if you can rule new York successfully, you can rule the world? If you can rule Lagos successfully you can rule Nigeria because every tribe iin nigeria is present in large number in Lagos ...
Lagos is smaller representation of Nigeria..
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by ALISMILE(m): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
homirefacuny:
Aviation is under transportation bro.
got u!
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by ademutiu: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
iluvweed:
grin

Fasho for president 2019....More hope for the yorubas..... grin

And less hope for the Igbos...... grin

You may be right....all he needs to do is to perform
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by ba7man(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

how is this a round peg in a round hole?

What does Fashola, a lawyer, know about power plants, substations, transmission lines...?

The darkness of Nigerians will never make this country progress, I tell u.

Just look at all the illiterates on this thread

A lawyer becomes in charge of Power and someone says it's a round peg in a round hole, msg

God I don't mean to question u, but sometimes I do wonder why you made me a nigerian
That same lawyer will know all about arrest, prosecuting and convicting the corrupt individuals within the system.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by NdRuby(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
RUBYTOPBRIDAL 08183710022

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by jimiMD(m): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
well deserved appointment.... Mk some money http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=80272
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by binbass(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
ZUBY77:

What exactly are you idiotts celebrating?
That Fashola was named power minister?
How does that transform into Electricity for you?

It is this celebration of mediocrity that kept you animals in the dark for ages.
And one wonders when and if this will ever end.
Subhumans.
Who are the animals? You're very stupid for that statement.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by DominoK(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
The strategist builder himself,the epitome of wisdom himself! I hail u, very plenty ekun gba du. Congratulation sir!! I believe u, u can do it!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by iluvweed(m): 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
ademutiu:

You may be right....all he needs to do is to perform

Bros, Fasho be like person wey no go perform

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hey, chill a bit. A minister is an administrative position. Permanent secretaries are the professional positions. A good administrator will manage a ministry properly, and serve as a link to the presidency in terms of project sanctions with technical support from the permanent secretary.

NoMoreTrolling:

What does Fashola, a lawyer, know about power plants, substations, transmission lines...?

A lawyer becomes in charge of Power and someone says it's a round peg in a round hole, msg

God I don't mean to question u, but sometimes I do wonder why you made me a nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by tolzy90(m): 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
Omo this fashola portfolio na die o.. No be child's play @ all. I pray he succeeds tho cos if he does it'll surely boost his chances of ruling this country someday but if he fails make he just kiss hin presidential ambition goodbye. The portfolio na make or mar for am.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Feranmicharles(m): 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
theV0ice:
cheesy cheesy
When I heard it, I was like "PMB wan kill this man?" shocked shocked
Anyway, I believe him. He will deliver
Some people will likely die this night cheesy
you funny oo

1 Like

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Gbawe: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
homirefacuny:

Fashola is the most trusted and reliable.
PMB is well aware of this. Some people will come and cry me a river that yoruba are slaves to hausa now....
Finance....
Power, housing....
Solid minerals....
Health...
Substantive ministers....
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria.
God bless Biafra
God bless Nairalanders.

We are in an age of round pegs in round holes. Buhari Actually stated that today verbatim. Anyone who wants to die with tribalism and "my ethnic group is greater than others" obsession is welcomed to their myopic views. If aslo you think "only my ethnic group can rescue Nigeria" then I urge you to continue with that retrogressive mindset while patriotic Nigerians march forward into an age where important positions are given to those, whatever their ethnic origin, who have proven they are up to the task.

For example, I am a big fan of Ibe Kachikwu. He has done a sterling job at the NNPC so far and has helped Buhari immensely to device and implement solutions that cut cost, aid transparency and minimise corruption, scams and sleaze that were previously robbing Nigeria of billions of dollars. I am therefore very happy Kachikwu will pull the strings in the petroleum sector, as Minister of State, under a Substantive Minister (Buhari) who will be very busy himself with other duties yet will keep him in check to deliver and work for Nigeria always.

Kachikwu will be the brains and innovator of developmental ideas to move our petroleum sector forward. People should not get that notion twisted because Buhari, even with his past experience in the sector, understands that the likes of Kachikwu are up to speed with the Nigerian oil sector needs as things stand today. Buhari is just substantive Minister, because of the critical importance of the oil sector to the success of Nigeria, to keep Kachickwu 'honest' and ensure we never see another Allison-Madueke develop to the detriment of Nigeria. I actually think Kachikwu may become substantive minister in future once he gains the trust of Buhari and shows what Mr.President uncompromisingly requires which is a total dedication to putting selfish interest aside to serve Nigeria and Nigerians.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by mynamewilfred(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
Yeah, is capable. God be with him in his new portfolio!
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by homirefacuny(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
Gbawe:

We are in an age of round pegs in round holes. Buhari Actually stated that today verbatim. Anyone who wants to die with tribalism and "my ethnic group is greater than others" obsession is welcomed to their myopic views. If aslo you think "only my ethnic group can resuce Nigeria" then I urge you to continue with that retrogressive mindset while patriotic Nigerians march forward into an age where important positions are given to those, whatever their ethnic origin, who have proven they are up to the task.

For example, I am a big fan of Ibe Kachikwu. He has done a sterling job at the NNPC so far and has helped Buhari immensely to device and implement solutions that cut cost, aid transparency and minimise corruption, scams and sleaze that previously robbing Nigeria of billions of dollars. I am therefore very happy Kachikwu will pull the strings in the petroleum sector, as Minister of State, under a Substantive Minister (Buhari) who will be very busy himself with other duties yet will keep him in check to deliver and work for Nigeria always.

Kachikwu will be the brains and innovator of developmental ideas to move our petroleum sector forward. People should not get that notion twisted because Buhari, even with his past experience in the sector, understands that the likes of Kachikwu are up to speed with the Nigerian oil sector needs as things stand today. Buhari is just substantive Minister, because of the critical importance of the oil sector to the success of Nigeria, to keep Kachickwu 'honest' and ensure we never see another Allison-Madueke develop to the detriment of Nigeria. I actually think Kachikwu may become substantive minister in future once he gains the trust of Buhari and shows what Mr.President uncompromisingly requires which is a total dedication to putting selfish interest aside to serve Nigeria and Nigerians.

Thank you my broda for that well presented notion. May your wisdom never run dry. Am not being tribal... I sincerely belive in the progress of this our dear nation. But it's a commonplace on nairaland... Where one tribe intentionally but blindly call one tribe slaves to the other.
God bless you and I
God bless PMB
God bless every Nigerian
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by homirefacuny(m): 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
ba7man:
That same lawyer will know all about arrest, prosecuting and convicting the corrupt individuals within the system.
Best reponse of the century.... Fashola is a technocrat. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Walelavender(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
There has always been something unique about this man....Fash Baba
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by skj1377(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
So far so good. I hoped for a long time that fashola be made minister of works am sure now Nigerian federal roads will look like true federal roads.
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by 4nobody4every1: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
wail on brother ...
food don don 4d wailers...hahahahahah grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by lordseun1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
wow! a call to serve Nigerians....may the Lord help you.
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by AreaFada2: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Can Fash finally break the electricity & bad roads jinx?

If anyone can, he's the man.
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by hmuhammad(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Your head over correct
Gbawe:

We are in an age of round pegs in round holes. Buhari Actually stated that today verbatim. Anyone who wants to die with tribalism and "my ethnic group is greater than others" obsession is welcomed to their myopic views. If aslo you think "only my ethnic group can resuce Nigeria" then I urge you to continue with that retrogressive mindset while patriotic Nigerians march forward into an age where important positions are given to those, whatever their ethnic origin, who have proven they are up to the task.

For example, I am a big fan of Ibe Kachikwu. He has done a sterling job at the NNPC so far and has helped Buhari immensely to device and implement solutions that cut cost, aid transparency and minimise corruption, scams and sleaze that previously robbing Nigeria of billions of dollars. I am therefore very happy Kachikwu will pull the strings in the petroleum sector, as Minister of State, under a Substantive Minister (Buhari) who will be very busy himself with other duties yet will keep him in check to deliver and work for Nigeria always.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Harbb: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
So much expectations. I hope he delivers
Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by AreaFada2: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

Dude, I'm a proud wailing 5%. But in serious climes, your profession has no bearing on the ministry you head.
Doctors almost never head ministry of health. A prof or teacher never or rarely heads education ministry.
Nigeria is such an abnormal place, hence emphasis on profession.

A minister is the political head, supervising the ministry to deliver the party's political manifesto. The technical/professional people are in the ministry as civil servants or consultants. The noisemaker GMB called them is not really far from the truth. Only that the empty barrels make the loudest noise. grin cheesy

Fash rightly deserves the "Super Minister" I have always said here on NL he should be made.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by staymore: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fashola has a higher responsibility than the Vice President.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
Dear God, I pray for all the ministers who have now been saddled with the herculean task of managing our dear country, Nigeria. May they receive wisdom to navigate the landmines before them, courage to rise up to the challenge; strength to march on successfully to the end; and discernment to see through all the distractions. Amen. Amen. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Heads Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing: The Biggest Responsibility by johnie: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Warned Osinbajo – Buhari / 6 Islamic Clerics Oppose Tinubu, Ask Muslims Not To Vote Him / PDP crisis : PDP G5 Sheaths Sword, Makes New Demands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.