Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. (56875 Views)

Buhari’s Health Sparks Fresh Debate On Leadership In Nigeria - Vanguard / Buhari Receives GLO CAF Platinum Award For Good Leadership / Niger Delta Struggle And Dream Country Is Not Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by kingjohnny(m): 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
You made few months but your analysis about loss of jobs in the army and parastatals are based on being ill equiped with information, Will biafra not have military to protect her territory.
Also saying Biafra is improverished is baseless it is only in SE you see good index in the MDGs all over the federation.
Anyway no sound person will answer crazyman any way
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by MrEverest(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Every tom, dick & harry now has an opinion on Biafran. Look at this semi illiterate writing griberish on something he obviously lacks knowledge on. Its apparent that most Nigerians that are benefiting from the status qou ante are already jittery that seccesionist struggle is gaining momentum by the day especially since the alliance between SE/SS & the massive protests going on in the Biafran territory. I did not bother myself to read the whole length of the nonsense that was written there. The i.d!ot said that d Easterners will lose their federal jobs in the army,navy, air force etc but he forgot Northerners already dominate the barracks & most federal jobs & as Biafrans are returning, they too will be leaving & d vaccum will be filled by us! People forgot that Nigeria was made dysfunctional through quota system to subdue the south since the north with their lazy & laid-back way of life cannot compete in a merit driven society. Such will not exist in Biafra & we will be like birds released from a cage!
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by tobiasbeecher: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
stagger:

Good post but will those youths marching and burning tires in SE towns learn anything? The SE does not even have a standing army, or even an air force. Who can ever win any modern warfare without air support? Some of these Biafra agitators should go to the TAC Makurdi and other Air Force formations all over the country to see the kinds of weapons they will come against should a secession be attempted.

That is when people will realize that the Fed Govt is not as broke as Buhari painted it and you will suddenly see weapons being bought in millions of dollars from out of nowhere.

Peopel should be wise oo!
Stop talking rubbish, South Sudan that had their independence some years back do they have a standing Army or Airforce? 2015 is not 1967, so stop spewing trash. Though nobody prays for but if for any reason the Biafran agitation results to war, nobody knows where the pendulum will swing
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by MaziOmenuko: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
Because you happen to enjoy a manageable level of comfort, you somehow don't give a damn about others.
You don't care if the million majority finds this country unbearable and unsustainable. As long as you are satisfied.
smh.

There is no country in this world where ALL of its citizens have their desired level of comfort. If every group takes to the streets because of discomfort, then their won't be any peaceful country in this world.

We are channeling our anger at the wrong people! Unemployment, infrastructural decay, poor education and what have you are not as a result of the Nigeria you hate soo much; our state governors have contributed immensely to all these. But we all turn a blind eye on them. Even right now, I am yet to see any of the SE governor with sound economic and developmental blue print.

So my dear, its not about comfort, we all want to be above our comfort zones. But this Biafra cause is one I can't support, becuase I will be blaming the wrong people for my woes if I do.

2 Likes

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by melzabull(f): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Gej threw the door open for a national convention last year, why were these issues not addressed in the convention? You think what you couldn't achieve in a round table will be achieved by force?

Who is marginalizing you? Are south east states governed by the Hausa/Fulani? Were Igbo's not holding lucrative ministerial positions such as finance, labor and productivity, health, aviation and power in the last dispensation? How many roads did the south east governors build? How many meaningful projects did they complete? You are here crying marginalization while our governors are busy looting us dry, the same set of governors that will grab power when ur fight for Biafra becomes successful.

Abeggii
You keep shouting SE governors are looting, tell me which region where there leaders have not looted them dry also. why not you tell me what governors of other region accomplished for their own people?

Like it or not we must continue to shout marginalisation until the issues raised are addressed. or can you tell me the reason why an anambra student will score 250 and denied admission whereas an ab0ki will score 90 and be admitted in same university? why discrepancy in UTME/cut off marks with that of SE callously high?

what value has the quota system added to you when a qualified and more competent person is denied appointment in the name of quota system? or an unqualified ab0ki be made your boss in the name of quota?

SE has 5 states others have 6 while NW has 7, why the unequal representation?

and you feel these issues don't need be a dressed?

That it wasn't achieved at the conference means you should fold your arms and be continuously trampled upon? and not sought for justice? Dont you see its because they enjoy the undue advantage thats why they(notth) want the status quo to remain? If you fail to see that these issues really need to be addressed then your case is beyond insanity

1 Like

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by CSTR2: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
obailala:
I specifically asked you to forget the federal level and focus on the performance at the level of states which are dominantly 99.9% Igbos.
The SE as a whole does not get up to $15b as federal allocation for a year.
What kind of meaningful development are you expecting?
To build a high speed rail that would connect the whole SE would cost atleast half of that.
Federalism that should give more economic powers to the state has been jettisoned.
Are you Nigerians allergic to the truth?
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by sukkot: 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
The Nigerian theodore orji and orji kalu and okorocha is a selfish entity. The future is never in his plans.
The fact that he is bequeathing a very entropic nation to his children does not weigh on his mind.
Sad, sad and very sad.
corrected
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by kponkedenge(m): 10:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
sukkot:
lol bros, as in ehn. i think the wiser igbo people need to start speaking up and drowning out the noise of these dumb biafran agitators because these dumb ones are starting to make every igbo person look like they are dumb when that is not the case. these dumb ones are making all igbos look like they have low IQ. how can your own leaders chop all your money but you turn around and are fighting hausa and yoruba who have nothing to do with your poverty ? this is something a low iq person will do. their problem is A but they are fighting B. i think the wise igbo people have to stand up and be counted. your reputation as a tribe is being tarnished all over the world and you are starting to look like a laughing stock. its time for the wise ones to regain the dignity of igbo back again.
Yes my dear broda it indeed is a case of mr A offends u and u begin to fight mr b who isn't part of his problem. in as much as I dislike ibos, I agree with d op of dis thread. Ibos shuld hold their leaders accountable for their woes not yorubas and hausas. D op made a lot of sense but unfortunately his dumb ibo brothers would want to crucify him for speaking d truth. Truth is really bitterm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by CSTR2: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
sukkot:
corrected
Ofcourse, tinubu and co are very considerate.
His financial empires was built for sukkot.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Good luck with your freedom. I am not a slave, I have already found my freedom here in Nigeria. I have a sense if belonging and don't depend on the government for my daily needs.

Maybe you should get useful too and don't wait on the governemt to prepare a table before you.

Once slaves like you have been mentally whipped hard into line...they sing like parrot to their offspring to fall in line...

Mumu...a single policy from government will cripple that your supposed empire...Ask Ibeto cheesy So you need the government and you need their consent too...

I am useful enough already to advice prodigal folks like you cheesygrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by laudate: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
It is not the people that would hold the leaders responsible.
That is where you are wrong. The people can't do that.
It is law enforcement agencies which is already highly nepotic that should do that.
In the civilized world like America for example, the people don't really get to know the crimes of the leaders. It is the FBI that unveils them for the public .
I believe a very efficient anti-corruption agency devoid of tribal interests is achievable in separate national states unlike Nigeria.

Guy, quite often it is the people that blow the whistle or expose the leader's crimes to the world. The law enforcement agencies only take over, to investigate and prosecute after the reports have been made.

If the public is dissatisfied with how the investigation and prosecution is handled, the people take to the streets to demand the resignation of the leader. So your example of America is not totally accurate.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by CSTR2: 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
melzabull:
You keep shouting SE governors are looting, tell me which region where there leaders have not looted them dry also. why not you tell me what governors of other region accomplished for their own people?

Like it or not we must continue to shout marginalisation until the issues raised are addressed. or can you tell me the reason why an anambra student will score 250 and denied admission whereas an ab0ki will score 90 and be admitted in same university? why discrepancy in UTME/cut off marks with that of SE callously high?

SE has 5 states others have 6 while NW has 7, why the unequal representation?

That it wasn't achieved at the conference means you should fold your arms and be continuously trampled upon? and not sought for justice? Dont you see its because they enjoy the undue advantage thats why they(notth) want the status quo to remain? If you fail to see that these issues really need to be addressed then your case is beyond insanity
These guys are evil.
They know it is wrong, but they love it that way.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by chimchim1(m): 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Republic of igbo nation. Why include the Niger delta in ur struggle? I mean akwa ibom, rivers, cross river, bayelsa, delta, Edo state etc. A parasite like Biafra.
Duru1:

From the above rant of an ant, it is clearly you do not understand the relationship between leadership and nation state. It is garbage in garbage out. You cannot arrive at good leadership with a zoo such as Nigeria. Leadership does not make Nigerian society but the dysfunctional Nigerian society cranks out idiotic leadership. In order to even begin to think of good leadership, a change of scenery is absolute in order and in this case, it is disintegration of the zoo called Nigeria. Nigeria created Mallam Rochas Okorocha hence he is bent on keep Nigeria even in its dilapidated state. Any sudden move to Biafra or most admirable to me, Republic of Igbo land, will usher in new and young people that would not want Biafra or Igbo land republic to gravitate towards the state of Nigeria as it is today.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
stagger:

And you fool, why did you vote for TA Orji and keep him in office for 8 years? Or where were you when Elechi was governor for 8 years and left Ebonyi state in ruins? He could not even fix the road from Abakaliki to Abuomege junction in EIGHT F***KING YEARS! Yet you expect such governors to rule you in your Biafra and you think you will get a better deal.

All the SE states will collapse without Federal allocation. And you expect to make progress when you create your landlocked Biafra republic? Such fools we have all over the place....

Point of correction, Abakaliki-Abaomege is a federal road and state can only build the road under the permission of the federal government.

Dave has written to Buhari to let him build this road then the federal pays up later, Buhari hasn't replied.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by badnature: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
yoruba people are always professional in igbo people affair,but so far have failed in coming out with strategy of how to recover ilorin from the fulanis what a stupid people?

2 Likes

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by M4gunners: 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
What do i have to tell someone who called himself Crazeman already. It just unfortunately that craziness got to nairaland.Even the Nigeria government you are talking is borrowing money from China,India, USA and so on . It's a crime if biafra borrow money to run his Country?
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by damton(m): 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man stop comparing South Sudan with the Igbos. No two situations are the same; moreover, the Igbos are very creative that they can make Biafra a better country. BTW, i thought you guys said the Igbos are the problem of Nigeria? Why are you guys refusing to allow the said problem to leave you guys?
Before seceding you need ask yourself some salient questions:

1.what will be your economic base

2. Biafrans working in Nigeria will all lose their job, hope you have a job for them

3. what structures and infrastructure will you fall back on.

4. How do you handle the Investment of Biafrans allover Nigeria. how do they deal with that.

5. What will be the economic mainstay . Before you begin to say oil, how many ND states wants to join biafra.

6. What is the infrastructure base of Biafra to keep it going.

Most importantly, the instigator of the war have mentioned on several occasions that Biafra remains a huge mistake. which is why he even went as far as contesting for the top job in the land.

Meanwhile, no one his forcing anyone to remain in Nigeria, we just want due process to be toed and not violence.

2 Likes

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Awoofawo(m): 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
CrazyMan:

Exactly my brother IPOB is an evil cult just like boko haram.

I wonder why the average igbo youth can't even reason. Even if Biafra is to become a reality, now is certainly not the time. Cos we aren't economically capable of shouldering the responsibilities and challenges we're definitely going to encounter.

Let our youths channel their aggression towards our leaders and demand for a better leadership in the south east.
Exactly what some of us have being trying to tell them. They just want to use their heads to break coconut for other tribes to eat!

The main problem is Igbo inability to recognize the important of building bridges and earning the trust. cool
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by tobiasbeecher: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
ikevin:
This is the same reason the Ibos are hated. A simple question of which states make up Biafra, you guys went on insulting. Any little thing, you insult. You are so filled with hate and bile. This is not the way to go about your interest. But really, which states make up Biafra, try educating us about Biafra a little bit.
Your capital, your currency, exchange rates etc. Please no insults.
Always lazy as usual! Can't you make your own research? Lazy bone
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Codedworld1: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
the Igbo politician are busy looting the treasury why the jobless youth can not hold them responsible all you shout is buhari in abuja wen your governor in your state are just busy looting the funds.

1 Like

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by sukkot: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
Ofcourse, tinubu and co are very considerate.
His financial empires was built for sukkot.
we are not the ones agitating for secession because yoruba leaders are corrupt. you know what, sometimes people cannot see the stupidity of their ways unless a mirror is put to their face so i will help you out. >> yoruba leaders are very corrupt and eat all the allocation to yoruba land from the federal government and because of this, yoruba people start agitating for separation from nigeria because our land is undeveloped. doesnt that sound crazy to you ? shouldnt we be fighting our thieving yoruba leaders instead ?

3 Likes

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
laudate:

Aren't those leaders part of your larger SE community? Are you saying the entire adult citizenry of a state that run into millions, cannot hold their leaders accountable? Are you saying one man can hold the entire citizens of a state to ransom? shocked

So why do your people keep turning up in their thousands to vote them into power??

If you are so afraid of holding your leaders accountable now, what magic would you then use to hold them accountable when you finally achieve Biafra Just wondering. undecided

1)You need strong institutions to function effectively not strong individuals like Tinubu in SW or buhari in North... Ask America and other sensible economies and governments

2)Elections began in Nigeria in 2011 for the current Democratic dispensation... and I believe they made use of it judiciously except for where lapses of weak institutions allowed for manoeuvring by Nigeria groomed thieves and riggers ...

3)Build good, veritable and strong institutions and everybody falls in line...Same Nigerians that disobey traffic here obey same outside here...Thanks
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by CSTR2: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
laudate:

Guy, quite often it is the people that blow the whistle or expose the leader's crimes to the world. The law enforcement agencies only take over, to investigate and prosecute after the reports have been made.

If the public is dissatisfied with how the investigation and prosecution is handled, the people take to the streets to demand the resignation of the leader. So your example of America is not totally accurate.
Whistle blowers are priviledged to be in the know.
Most of the electorates are definitely not in the know.
Btw, whistleblower cases are not that common for obvious reasons.
Most of the prosecutions were started as a result of efficient oversight of all state transactions and projects, and investigating unusual spending by the federal law enforcements.
Btw, I am sure everybody in the SE has whistleblowed on orji and okorocha. Why are they not in jail yet?
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by MaziOmenuko: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

How old are you?...Can states mine or diversify their economy outside of the template of the centre

This your comment just called you out! You are shallow, myopic and too daft to comprehend issues regarding development. Go and join the boys waving Biafra flags on the streets.

2 Likes

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by crystalzt: 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
People will be busy calling for biafra. how many igbos hav their companies at SE how many job oppourtunities are there how good are our roads etc.... dont forget the people that are calling for biafra are not in nigeria they dont know how we are faring here they own their business outside the country.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Curlieweed: 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
obailala:
But strangely, Igbos have always been an integral part of this 55 years of disastrous nationhood both at the federal level and especially at the state levels?... If these set of people in leadership could be disastrous when they answered Nigeria, what sort of fairy tale miracle will make them saints simply because they change name?... No doubt Nigeria is a british contraption, but you will agree with me that Igbos have also contributed a great deal to the dysfunctionality of this contraption called Nigeria....

Let us forget the federal and focus on the state levels, never has it been heard of since 1960 till date that federal allocations were not paid to Igbo states. So my brother, what did Igbo leaders do with the moneys?... If we had problems managing moneys at the local level, how then would changing of name make us any better?... Why can't these agitations be made against local Igbo leaders i.e. state governors, LGA chairmen, councillors, Senators, Reps and traditional rulers?... Why cant these street agitations be made to force the implementation of the national conference report?

Agitating to force the implementation of the conference report is a cause which both the SS and the SW and most parts of the NC would gladly support and join and in no time , we would be very close to achieving regionalism.

These same people voted for Mumuharri who promised to shred the said report and somehow you want them to fight to implement it. Now, who is being unrealistic?

Nigeria is cruel joke and an embarrassment to right thinking black people everywhere. The designers of this abomination didn't do so for your benefit but simply for your exploitation. They made no pretence at building even the semblance of the foundations of a possibly united nation. If they had any intention of allowing this contraption to grow into a working whole, they won't have used two totally different administrative and legal systems to run the two halves of their booty. I am sure that even they would be faintly amused at your naivety (or should I say arrogance) in thinking that you can make it work as one cohesive whole for the benefit of the hapless wretches trapped in this colonial prison camp.

Nigeria was only designed for one reason. Ease of exploitation. That is why successive neocolonial leaders have followed the operating instruction to the letter. A car is designed to be driven on roads. If you decide to fly it then you will have a big problem

I don't buy the familiar "leadership is the problem" explanation. It's too shallow and lacks any empirical rigour. The SE is part of the Nigerian system and systems follow structure, while individuals modify their behaviour to suit the system. There is a famous psychology experiment called the Stanford Prison Experiment. Young men were divided into the roles of Prisoner and Guard and put in a prison-like environment in the basement of the Psychology Department at Stanford University. The study was meant to last two weeks. But the brutality of the Guards and the suffering of the Prisoners was so intense that it had to be terminated after only six days.

The study provided a graphic illustration of the power of situations to shape individuals' behaviour. It has been argued that the Guards acted the way they did because they conformed blindly to their assigned role, as did he in his position as Prison Superintendent: Guard aggression … was emitted simply as a ‘natural’ consequence of being in the uniform of a ‘guard’ and asserting the power inherent in that role. Furthermore, because the Guards could not help themselves, they could not be blamed for their actions.

Scholars have used this simple and powerful account to explain the atrocities committed by very diverse actors – from the suicide bombers who flew into New York’s Twin Towers on 9/11 to the American torturers at Iraq’s infamous Abu Ghraib prison.

1 Like

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by ikevin(m): 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)Yet again like your brothers you have selective amnesia... You blamed Jonathan for your woes in Osun, Lagos, Ogun or Oyo etc ruled by APC more than any party...yet chastise SE if they do same...Why didn't you hold yours accountable too and shifted them to Jonathan... hypocrites!!!

2)Diversification is about so many things including mineral resources...

3)IGR is a function of economic activities there...Why did federal government refuse siting Seaport in proximity to commercial nerve centre of the country?...cheesygrin Do you know what that will do to IGR of SE states?...

4)Cut off marks for enrollment into unity schools in Nigeria or visit to NUC website or Googling MDG achievement rate in Nigeria or representations of Nigeria at competitions home cum abroad will tell you more about SE states with regard to human resources or education cheesygrin

Facts are sacred...Twisting truths and living in denial won't do you much good...
funny enough am a deltan-ibo. With your so called human resources, how come SE is largely underdeveloped? Answer lies with your political leaders yet again. You guys are so filled with hate goodness!!!! Can you remind us the reasons for this agitation please.

1 Like

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by lemolemo: 10:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nigeria a whole is a mess not just the south east and we the populace especially the youth are to be blamed for allowing the politician to take us for a fool this long. We celebrate mediocrity and let the worst of the best rule us. Our problems lies in our leaders, the idiots don't have the masses love in their hearts. Leadership is about serving but in Nigeria it's about enriching oneself and it happens without impunity. A governor buys a wheelchair for a disabled lady it made headline in our society meanwhile it's the social responsibility of a state to help the disabled. Not just one but all. Today TINUBU commissioned some taxi in kaduna that means some 200 plus individuals are about to get taxi whereby they will be made to make monthly payments back to the state. Let's do the maths here, a kia cost 1 million for example but because of kickbacks Kia dealers sold it for 1.2 million. The state lied they paid 1.5 million , 200 pieces ordered that's 300 million spent plus another 10 million on ceremony . Fast forward 3 years all the Taxi are unaccounted for that's 300 million plus down the drain. In advanced countries state don't buy you taxi but only sell you license to run. In the village I lived in the UK not a single roundabout is been maintained by the local council all the roundabouts are sponsored by taxi company thereby saving the council thousands in wages annually. We just fell for the same trick they've been using since the 60s. We need the best leaders elected, when right and good leaders are in power the citizenry benefits. They bring quality leadership, best and bright ideas, investment, open up the economy wide open. Way too many opportunities in Nigeria, all the greedy bastards do is get allocation, pocket some and pay wages months in months out.

1 Like

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by CSTR2: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
sukkot:
we are not the ones agitating for secession because yoruba leaders are corrupt. you know what, sometimes people cannot see the stupidity of their ways unless a mirror is put to their face so i will help you out. >> yoruba leaders are very corrupt and eat all the allocation to yoruba land from the federal government and because of this, yoruba people start agitating for separation from nigeria because our land is undeveloped. doesnt that sound crazy to you ? shouldnt we be fighting our thieving yoruba leaders instead ?
The Igbo Nigerian reality is different from the Yoruba reality.
Secession I believe is to create a chance for a fresh start, a chance to sweep away vestiges of Nigerian injustice and corruption.
A chance to utilize the innate igbo potential to create a truly unified nation bounded by a common heritage.
There is nothing crazy about that.
Ofcourse, there would be challenges, but the shared heritage would generate the patriotism needed to overcome it.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by sukkot: 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
The Igbo Nigerian reality is different from the Yoruba reality.
Secession I believe is to create a chance for a fresh start, a chance to sweep away vestiges of Nigerian injustice and corruption.
A chance to utilize the innate igbo potential to create a truly unified nation bounded by a common heritage.
There is nothing crazy about that.
and when you secede all the corrupt people in igbo-land will vanish into thin air and stop existing ? do you smoke weed if you dont mind me asking ?

1 Like

Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
@OP you are 65% correct.

I totally disagree with you on the aspect of SE States collapsing without FG monthly allocations.

The FG allocation is what is even killing eastern states. SE states are blessed with human resources. A lot of untapped resources everywhere. Do you know that amount of money that exchange hands in Ariaria, Onitsha main market, Nkwor Nnewi, ogbete on daily bases.
I won't ask u to visits Alaba, Lagos trade fair complex, oladipo etc.
All the citizens wants is just basic amenities like Good roads, light,security.
Ebonyi state can survive well without the FG allocation.
Most stones and chippens used by those construction companies are gotten from there. Cement factory (NIGERCEM) at Nkalagu, rice production etc.

We just lack sincere and had working leaders.
IMO and Abia do have palm oil in addition to crude oil.
Enugu also has Coal.
Re: We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Raiders:
who told you states in Nigeria can't develop and diversify their economy without interfering with the federal government? The problem with Nigeria is that state governors are lazy and only depend on free federal government money. There is no law stopping a state governor from building factory, developing their agriculture, expanding commercial trades so as to increase their revenues. Besides apart from oil, most resources in Nigeria are not really economically viable. There is nothing really wrong with our constitution because its similar to that of the US and the US is doing fine

1)Start your education from land use act to why ND areas depend on FG and still struggle for resource control...maybe you understand more...

2)Government has NO business in some areas you listed above...

3)States depend on fg for incentives and subventions to delve into some fields like agriculture otherwise it will be fruitless venture...Ever asked why FG is building silos etc

4)Our constitution is dysfunctional and anti-progress and promotes lazy leadership and parasitic discipleship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Policy Documents: Moment Buhari's Ministers-Designates Picked One Bag Each (Pix) / Saraki Has This To Say About Akpabio's Defection To APC / SHOCK As #bringbackourgirls Founder Gets A Pat On The Back From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.