Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,239 members, 7,780,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:01 PM

Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs (35753 Views)

Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD / BREAKING: Buhari Appoints Abike Dabiri SSA On Foriegn Affairs / CV Of Geoffery Onyeama-enugu State Ministerial Nominee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by dulaman: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
Date of Birth:
February 2, 1956

Nationality
Nigerian

State
Enugu

Family status
Married with three children

Education

Bachelor of Arts (BA), Political Science, Columbia University (Columbia College),
New York, USA, (1977)

Bachelor of Arts (BA), Law, Cambridge University (St. John’s College), Cambridge,
United Kingdom (1980)

Master of Laws (LL.M), Law, University of London (London School of Economics and Political
Science (LSE), London, United Kingdom (1982)

Master of Arts (MA), Law, Cambridge University (St. John’s College), Cambridge,
United Kingdom (1984)

Academic Recognition

Dean’s List of Columbia College, Columbia University, New York, USA
Professional Qualification

Barrister-at-law, Gray’s Inn, London, United Kingdom (1981)

Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria, Nigerian Law School, Lagos,
Nigeria (1983)

Work Experience

Research Officer, Nigerian Law Reform Commission, Lagos, Nigeria,
(1983-1984)

Law Practitioner, Mogboh and Associates, Enugu, Nigeria (1984-1985)

1985 to present
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

1985-1986 - Assistant Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External
Relations, Bureau for Africa and Western Asia
(The Bureau was renamed the Development Cooperation and External Relations Bureau for
Africa at the end of 1985)

1986-1990 - Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External Relations
Bureau for Africa

1990-1996 - Senior Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External
Relations Bureau for Africa

1996-1998 - Senior Counsellor, Development Cooperation and External Relations
Bureau for Africa
(The Bureau was renamed the Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa at the end of
1997)

1998 - Deputy Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa

1998-1999 - Acting Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa
(The Bureau was renamed the Economic Development Bureau for Africa at the end of 2003)

1999-2006 - Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa

2006-2009 - Assistant Director General, Coordination Sector for External Relations,
Industry, Communications and Public Outreach.
Responsible for: coordinating relations with United Nations (UN)
organizations, other intergovernmental organizations, industry, non-
governmental organizations (NGOs); and responsible for
communication, public outreach, media relations and gender focal point.
* In this capacity, initiated, in 2008, with the International Federation of
Reproduction Rights Organizations (IFRRO), the process within
WIPO that culminated in the adoption of the Marrakesh Treaty to
Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who are Blind,
Visually Impaired or Otherwise Print Disabled

2006-2012 Responsible, during various periods, for the WIPO External Offices in
Brussels, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Tokyo and
Washington, D.C

http://www.theglobalipcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Oneyama_CV.pdf

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
Great profile

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Demmocrats(m): 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
If it was the era of PDP this man would have not even made a local government chairman.

Criminal History is an added advantage in PDP era

Sai Buhari.

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Great profile...the President has done very well.

We should be thankful to the underlisted.

-Almighty God
- President Muhammadu Buhari & VP
- APC Chairman
- APC BOT
- APC Executives
- APC State Governors
- APC Members of NASS
- APC members across the federation
- APC supporters on Nairaland
- Ministers that agreed to serve ( we are aware that some declined)

Sai Buhari......two terms are guaranteed

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Beremx(f): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
This is an intimidating profile. It makes me look as if I didn't attend a university. grin grin

*goes to hide her educational certificates* grin

Chineke meee!!

God bless Mr. President Jare! You know how to get the good brains to run your government.

Lalasticlala,come and see profile o! You go fear na! grin

37 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
Beremx:
This is an intimidating profile. It makes me look as if I didn't attend a university. grin grin

Chineke meee!!

God bless Mr. President Jare! You know how to get the good brains to run your government.

Did you

20 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Beremx(f): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Did you
could you kindly face the topic and don't derail?
Lalasticlala ooooo!!! grin

18 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Missy89(f): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
So, in short, Someone with little diplomatic experience is heading the foreign ministry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by ishiamu(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Beremx:

*goes to hide her educational certificates* grin

Chineke meee!!

Lalasticlala,come and see profile o! You go fear na! grin

Mtcheww good brain ko old brain ni
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by love23a: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
[size=28pt]I dont know him. I dont think it is appropriate for buhari to pick anyone from the east at minister of Foreign Affairs

I am personally fully oppose to anything that will lead to mass starvation again. 1 million die.
People may wish to become a country, but is there life save. If your son , say he want to jump from a cliff, will you allow him.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by 69MissedCalls(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
jixox! all this ontop one person head? na 10 people destiny this man don achieve so shocked

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by freshness2020: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Na wetin
Only one man with all these qualifications and experience ?
I can never be intimidated Nigerian graduate! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by free2ryhme: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
See talent

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by kenniecee: 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Kudos honorable minister
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Sijo01(f): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mr. Geoffery Oyeama tell us about yourself.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by englishmart(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
na their profile person go chop? Start working well jare

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Emekamex(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
love23a:
I dont know him. I dont think it is appropriate for buhari to pick or anyone from the east at minister of Foreign Affairs
Because "east" dey for Togo? Receive serious sense.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by free2ryhme: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
PDP is a curse to nigerian politics

These kind of person exists and they were busy routing for criminals in power

E no go beta for PDP

Gang of thieves

18 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by DeeHaywire: 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
hmmmm..... interesting profile

meanwhile,,, DJ Haywire has released a new mixtape(Slow Buh Dope) containing slow and cool songs that will accompany you every morning on your way to work and prevent accidents from coming your way grin ... click on https://www.nairaland.com/2557055/dj-haywire-solo-birthday-mixtape to see tracklist and download link
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by free2ryhme: 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
angry
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by edward1106(m): 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
....... and employers wud want a 2014 degree holder to av as much work experience. e get as e b

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by timilehing(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by youngvizzy1(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Okay
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Sijo01(f): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
love23a:
[size=28pt]I dont know him. I dont think it is appropriate for buhari to pick anyone from the east at minister of Foreign Affairs

I am personally full oppose to anything that will lead to mass starvation again. 1 million die. [/size]

Trash!

18 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by piagetskinner(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
Impressive profile.... God bless my hustle
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by adioolayi(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
free2ryhme:
PDP is a curse to nigerian politics

These kind of person exists and they were busy routing for criminals in power

E no go beta for PDP

Gang of thieves
Walahi e remain small make PDP finished us as a Nation... thank God for God grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Royalfurnitures: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
Congratulations

Check my signature for your durable and affordable furniture
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by spaceacademy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
work we are not eating profile
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Chinom(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
One of the few round peg in round holes. Appointment was based solely on merit. He was not a partisan politicians. We should NOT make everything tribal.

THE TRUTH MUST STAND ALONE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre / Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership / Leaders From The 6 Geopolitical Regions Meet With Peter Obi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.