Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,722 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] (16992 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Amaechi Got N257bn From ECA In 2013 - Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by moneygurl: 3:52am On May 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

10 Billion Naira for Lagos Badagry 10 lane project compared to approximately 250 billion Naira for the Abuja contract? Something is definitely not right here.

The lagos 10 lane project which includes rail and dedicated BRT lane is estimated to cost around N250 billion. The N10 billion is just mobilization for the first phase of the project (mile 2 - ebutte metta).
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Abrantie: 3:58am On May 19, 2009
Why do you complain because your government is spending money on INFRASTRUCTURE? Would you prefer they swindle the money into Swiss bank accounts instead? Nigerians fool o. Meanwhile you dey ran come Ghana because electric no dey and your roads bad. Ghanaians don't complain when our government is building roads. This just shows the selfishness of some Nigerians. You don't care about the future of your nation.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by kosovo(m): 6:51am On May 19, 2009
If we are to regard ourselves as a grown-up nation, we must, as the Biblical phrase goes, put away childish things, self-idealization and the search for absolutes in world affairs: for absolute security, absolute amity, absolute harmony

One day, an army of gray-haired women may quietly take over the earth.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2009
someone said there is no rainway and 10 lane in Lagos's masterplan,  can you prove that

some people self,

wait a minute, tosh, how long is the abuja 10 lane road going to be

i would like to compare and contrast that with the lagos 10 lane road plus the 2 different set of rail system, all with #250B
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by walakolobo: 10:21am On May 19, 2009
If done in Lagos, it is ok, if done by the federal government it is termed a waste of money. Tribalists and racist people.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 10:34am On May 19, 2009

opps ha
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2009
wala

how old are u

10 yrs, hmm just wondering
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by KnowAll(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2009
"If done in Lagos, it is ok, if done by the federal government it is termed a waste of money. Tribalists and racist people."

Nobody is saying they should not build their white elephant, red elephant or even green elephant project in Abuja, what is wrong is for the president to launch the project with such a fanfare one would think he has not got work to do. For goodness sake he has a minister for the FCT that should be the person launching what is simply a local acess road in Abuja. He has 38 states to look after he is launching a local road in Abuja. Does he really no what the presidency is all about. If it was opening ceromony that is understandable but launching the commencement of work on is a no brainer and a daft thing to do.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 10:59am On May 19, 2009
na so the Tony Blair built mellenium dome, trust the thing didnt only fail to attract the crowd they predicted but failed completely.

it was so bad, that they think of what they could convert it into, guess what, there arnt any

they tried to sell the dome, the japanese was gona buy it, when the deal was about to close the japanese pulled out

till date, over 5 yrs or so, the thing is left blank

so 10 lane in abuja, 30 lane in lagos when nigeria died like chicken mugget onitsha-lagos, lagos-abuja-kaduna

one of the most revenue generator and the most commercial high way in naija

so as we all know, when are these people gona start reasoning like a human being, instead like tilipain-monkey lipsrsealed
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by KnowAll(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2009
"so 10 lane in abuja, 30 lane in lagos when nigeria died like chicken mugget onitsha-lagos, lagos-abuja-kaduna"

My friend the lagos project is not FG initiated project, if Abia state wants to buld 20 lanes in its cities it is their perogative. The lagos project is a lagos state initated project. The Abuja project is iniated by the FG.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 11:07am On May 19, 2009
hmmm
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by KnowAll(m): 11:14am On May 19, 2009
The 38 states in the federation has the right to ask questions like - is it value for money this $1.7 billion of our commonwealth spent on a local access road in Abuja. Nobody can question what lagos state does with its money because the 37 other states have gotten their own money are free to spend it as they wish.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 11:23am On May 19, 2009
hm
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by honeric01(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2009
What are the state governors doing in the east is there no way they can provide alternative routes for their people? if the FG is keeping quiet, can't the whole eastern states come together, find a solution to their problem must the people suffer because the FG refuse to look their way when they have state government in each states

Just a thought sha
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 11:43am On May 19, 2009
^^^

u are mad, seriously mental

the same yeye FG go collect oil money, without wahala go build dam for aboki

my friend take time ooo

let them practice what they preach
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by asha80(m): 11:46am On May 19, 2009
honeric01:

What are the state governors doing in the east is there no way they can provide alternative routes for their people? if the FG is keeping quiet, can't the whole eastern states come together, find a solution to their problem must the people suffer because the FG refuse to look their way when they have state government in each states

Just a thought sha

The benin/ore road why is that the edo and ondo govt have not come together to rebuild it?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by toshacer: 11:47am On May 19, 2009
KnowAll:

"If done in Lagos, it is ok, if done by the federal government it is termed a waste of money. Tribalists and racist people."

Nobody is saying they should not build their white elephant, red elephant or even green elephant project in Abuja, what is wrong is for the president to launch the project with such a fanfare one would think he has not got work to do. For goodness sake he has a minister for the FCT that should be the person launching what is simply a local acess road in Abuja. He has 38 states to look after he is launching a local road in Abuja. Does he really no what the presidency is all about. If it was opening ceromony that is understandable but launching the commencement of work on is a no brainer and a daft thing to do.

Thats your own opinion, dont think it is shared by others and dont think it is 100% right.

Ikeyman - calling people names only points to the fact that you are a deranged antelope who prides itself in running around the bush only to be shot dead by a little hunter doing his round in the bush, your head is full of mucos which is a result of anticipated foolery because when you were born, your mother looked at you and said, this one wey be like elephant so, him no go turn mumu like so? and she passed you to your father who only makes things worst by saying, lets name this one goatisella and you smiled thinking he was praising you, not knowing he was attesting to the fact that you will grow up to become a goat.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 11:48am On May 19, 2009
honer

oya over to u

no hidin out now
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by toshacer: 11:53am On May 19, 2009
KnowAll:

The 38 states in the federation has the right to ask questions like - is it value for money this $1.7 billion of our commonwealth spent on a local access road in Abuja. Nobody can question what lagos state does with its money because the 37 other states have gotten their own money are free to spend it as they wish.

The money for the project is from FCTA and from private organisations, just like what Lagos is doing, sourcing from the private sector.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by KnowAll(m): 12:31pm On May 19, 2009
"The money for the project is from FCTA and from private organisations, just like what Lagos is doing, sourcing from the private sector."

So if its a FCTA project, and it has already being captured by the 2009 budget why is the president launching the commmencement of work, surely that should be the a Hon Minister of the FCT's duty and not Yaradua's. The truth is Yaradua wants to get the credit having known that he has not done anything tangible close to 2 years now.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by toshacer: 12:38pm On May 19, 2009
ok Mr KnowAll.

I forgot you know all. Sorry.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by toshacer: 12:42pm On May 19, 2009
ikeyman00:

na so the Tony Blair built mellenium dome, trust the thing didnt only fail to attract the crowd they predicted but failed completely.

it was so bad, that they think of what they could convert it into, guess what, there arnt any

they tried to sell the dome, the japanese was gona buy it, when the deal was about to close the japanese pulled out

till date, over 5 yrs or so, the thing is left blank

so 10 lane in abuja, 30 lane in lagos when nigeria died like chicken mugget onitsha-lagos, lagos-abuja-kaduna

one of the most revenue generator and the most commercial high way in naija

so as we all know, when are these people gona start reasoning like a human being, instead like tilipain-monkey lipsrsealed

Ikeyman - calling people names only points to the fact that you are a deranged antelope who prides itself in running around the bush only to be shot dead by a little hunter doing his round in the bush, your head is full of mucos which is a result of anticipated foolery because when you were born, your mother looked at you and said, this one wey be like elephant so, him no go turn mumu like so? and she passed you to your father who only makes things worst by saying, lets name this one goatisella and you smiled thinking he was praising you, not knowing he was attesting to the fact that you will grow up to become a goat.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On May 19, 2009
moneygurl:

The lagos 10 lane project which includes rail and dedicated BRT lane is estimated to cost around N250 billion. The N10 billion is just mobilization for the first phase of the project (mile 2 - ebutte metta).

Ok. Does the Abuja project include rail? I yet to read on the length of the proposed highways and so the amount remains suspect. Going by what I know of this, there is still no comparison. The money for the Abuja project still appears to be outrageous considering how big Abuja is, and that it already boasts some of the best roads in the country.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by freezer(m): 3:06pm On May 19, 2009
I am very surprised at the comments people are making, The 10 lane project should have been carried out a long time ago, so wats the fuss about spending money now to do it, we all complain about how slow Yar'adua has been and haw nothing works, lets give him kudos when he initiates projects like this,

Does anyone here live on the outskirts of abuja, maraba/nyaya/karu, dutse/bwari/day-day/zuba/suleja, lugbe/gwagwalada, im sure they wont be complaining wen a govt wants to spend our tax payers money to rehablitate and expand road networks leading into the FCT,

Now would you rather spend 1 to 2 hrs daily to get to work, burning gas u should have used for 10 days in 3 days, or have govt do something fast, would u rather visit the mechanic evry week to change ur clutch disc/brake parts/gearboxes, lets think please, would u rather have these monies siphoned by a greedy few, or have it spent for a whole lot,

Maybe after the abuja expansion, other major cities like Lagos, Kano, Porthacourth will be the next to benefit, Pls when something good is initiated lets support and voice out when we smell fowl play, and what makes you think that power generation hasn't gotten MR President's attention, NIPP has been re-enacted as well,
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by moneygurl: 3:07pm On May 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Ok. Does the Abuja project include rail? I yet to read on the length of the proposed highways and so the amount remains suspect. Going by what I know of this, there is still no comparison. The money for the Abuja project still appears to be outrageous considering how big Abuja is, and that it already boasts some of the best roads in the country.

i was just pointing out to the person that said the whole proect was N10 billion. I dont know if the abuja project has rail (i dont think so).

I think its a good project (abuja), but the cost is another matter
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by emmydee(m): 4:08pm On May 19, 2009
Nigeria is a failed nation and that includes the leaders
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by kshow1(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2009
This is a good project but are they looking into the sagamu - benin express road ?
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by kshow1(m): 5:26pm On May 19, 2009
Abrantie:

Why do you complain because your government is spending money on INFRASTRUCTURE? Would you prefer they swindle the money into Swiss bank accounts instead? Nigerians fool o. Meanwhile you dey ran come Ghana because electric no dey and your roads bad. Ghanaians don't complain when our government is building roads. This just shows the selfishness of some Nigerians. You don't care about the future of your nation.

You open your ghanian mouth to call us FOOLS Wetin concern this charlie for niga mata . NL na for us (nigerians) to discuss and profer solutions to our problems.
Although you talk small sence sha ,
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by ikeyman00(m): 5:35pm On May 19, 2009

i_laugh

i keep telling u to stay in the gay section, u are born gay and decleared gay by ur mum

stop wastin ur time in the politics section
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by londoner: 6:52pm On May 19, 2009
I think the project is a good one, especially as the population of Abuja will grow in the future. I would be happier if it was a project to give Abuja more constant electricity.

I will not criticise the gov for investing in infrastructure, granted the timing and amount may not be helpful. However, not long ago people on this site were complaining that the FG were not building roads. I'm sure I saw a post recently here, where other roads across the nation are also being built/repaired. I'll try and find it.

Sometimes we should be careful of not critising the FG for the sake of it.
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On May 19, 2009
I guess it is more for abuja cos there are more people to be paid, or more palm to be greesed.
I wonder how they determine what and which road to be built, i am sure this has nothing to do with what road service where and what the advantage is to the nation as a whole.
Chicken brain leaders
Re: Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] by jensinmi(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2009
@ post.

Not to talk too much sha.

I would really love to know how this helps NIGERIA move closer to Yar Adua's Vision 20-20 as he says.

Wish I could ask Mr. President to mention 3 ways this moves us closer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

There Is Need To De-congest Lagos And Industrialise The South East - Jonathan / We Must Conduct Elections As Scheduled By INEC- President Jonathan / Buhari At The 3rd Summit Of The Gas Exporting Country's Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.