Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers (34402 Views)

Buhari Orders Amaechi, Fashola, Abba Kyari To Resign - Daily Post / Exposed! Power Play Behind Buhari’s Super Ministers’ Appointments: Punch / Tinubu scores once again as Fashola emerge SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by theV0ice: 6:50am On Nov 12, 2015
ABUJA —President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, assigned portfolios to the 36 new ministers with former Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN, and former Governor of Rivers State Rotimi Amaechi emerging as the administration’s point men in the drive to improve the country’s infrastructure and transportation system.

Fashola emerged Minister of Power, Works and Housing with the distinction of having two permanent secretaries working under him.

Amaechi on his part, will supervise the nation’s transportation system, including Aviation, with a minister of State, Aviation under him.

President Buhari, who presided at the swearing in ceremony of the new ministers, said that the assigning of portfolios was done to put square pegs in square holes, adding that he strove to avoid the mistakes of past administrations in placing the new ministers, who he said were carefully chosen to reflect their capacities.

Yesterday’s inauguration of the new Council of Ministers was attended by President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun among other leading political stakeholders.

Following the inauguration, the first meeting of the Council of Ministers took place in the council chambers.............

See more at http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/amaechi-fashola-emerge-super-ministers/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 12, 2015
I believe so much in this government..PMB is tactically preparing Fashola and Amaechi for 2019

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Wisdytech(m): 6:55am On Nov 12, 2015
theV0ice:

See more at http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/amaechi-fashola-emerge-super-ministers/

A welcome development i must say

congrat to them

But, our N5k should not be forgoten.

Thank you

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Wisdytech(m): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2015
tobimillar:
I believe so much in this government..PMB is tactically preparing Fashola and Amaechi for 2019

hmmmmmmmmm

says who?

What will happen in 2019?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by tyson99(m): 7:03am On Nov 12, 2015
I know things are gonna change for good

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Wisdytech:

hmmmmmmmmm

says who?

What will happen in 2019?

In 2019, there would be so much development in Nigeria that Nigerians will beg and cry for buhari to contest.... he won't but he will project fashola and amaechi (being the best ministers who helped in transforming Nigeria) as president and vice or interchangeably

63 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Wisdytech(m): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2015
tobimillar:

In 2019, there would be so much development in Nigeria that Nigerians will beg and cry for buhari to contest.... he won't but he will project fashola and amaechi (being the best ministers who helped in transforming Nigeria) as president and vice or interchangeably

God will make it to happen

i pray

but be prayerful

thats all

30 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by sandraokosun1: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2015
even vanguard a pdp igbo newspaper recognise fash and rotimi as super ministers

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Yanks101: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2015
Amaechi a super minister? If amaechi is a super minister, then what is the minister of trades and investment that is probably Nigeria's most important appointment at this point in time.?
Heaping coals of fire on amaechi's head, innit? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by FreeGlobe(f): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2015
tobimillar:

Only in your fools paradise.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by theV0ice: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2015
Yanks101:
Amaechi a super minister? If amaechi is a super minister, then what is the minister of trades and investment that is probably Nigeria's most important appointment at this point in time.?
Heaping coals of fire on amaechi's head, innit? grin

You should have the grace to admit that Levinus Nwabughiogu who wrote this report is far more knowledgeable than you are on this matter else Vanguard would have consulted you.

Transportation which now supervises Aviation employs a sizeable chunk of Nigerian civil service and a number of cash cows which Nigeria desperately needs now because of crash in oil prices. It has the following MDA's, Agencies and parastatals among others under it

Water Ways
1. Nigerian Port Authority (NPA)

2. Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA

3 . National Clearing and Forwarding Agency (NCFA)

4. Nigeria Shippers Council (NSC)

5. Nigerian Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA)

6. Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT)

Aviation:
1. Federal Airport Authority Of Nigerian (FAAN)

2. Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA)

3. Nigeria Air Space Management Agency(NASMA)

4. Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB)

5. Nigerian College Of Aviation And Technology (NCAT)

6. Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NMA)

Land Transportation
1. Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC)

2. Federal Road Safety Commission FRSC

Now mention one ministry bar Power, Works and housing that has as much?

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by theV0ice: 7:47am On Nov 12, 2015
Wisdytech:

A welcome development i must say

congrat to them

But, our N5k should not be forgoten.

Thank you

@the bold, be patient. Even Aisha Buhari is begging on your behalf cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 12, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Only in your fools paradise.

Guy, if not that as a Christian am not supposed to call names i would have called you a mad dog... wetin concern you with my post? if you don't mention me, you won't be happy abi?? Guy cane your lane

26 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Yanks101: 7:53am On Nov 12, 2015
theV0ice:

You should have the grace to admit that Levinus Nwabughiogu who wrote this report is far more knowledgeable than you are on this matter else Vanguard would have consulted you.

Transportation which now supervises Aviation employs a sizeable chunk of Nigerian civil service and a number of cash cows which Nigeria desperately needs now because of crash in oil prices. It has the following MDA's, Agencies and parastatals under it

Water Ways

6. Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC)

7 Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT)

Aviation:

Land Transportation

1. Nigeria Railway Corporation

2. Federal Road Safety Commission

My friend, Nigerian journalists are arm chair journalists.
Btw, amaechi is not the first minister of transport we are going to have. Nobody call them super-ministers in the past because they are not.
It is an important portfolio alright, but nothing super about it.
Infact right now, the super ministry is the ministry of trades and investment and then fashola's 3-in-1 portfolio. It baffles me that no one is talking about it.
Nigeria right now is in dire need of some solid investments and cash inflows. It is the ministry of trades and investments that would see it happen.
I think vanguard is trying to put the pressure on amaechi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by sammyj: 7:54am On Nov 12, 2015
It's well deserved. It pays to be loyal and hard working! !! cool

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by FreeGlobe(f): 7:54am On Nov 12, 2015
tobimillar:

Guy, if not that as a Christian am not supposed to call names i would have called you a mad dog... wetin concern you with my post? if you don't mention me, you won't be happy abi?? Guy cane your lane
weetin also concern you with my post? please swerve
Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by theV0ice: 8:17am On Nov 12, 2015
Yanks101:
Btw, amaechi is not the first minister of transport we are going to have. Nobody call them super-ministers in the past because they are not.
Infact right now, the super ministry is the ministry of trades and investment and then fashola's 3-in-1 portfolio. It baffles me that no one is talking about it.
Nigeria right now is in dire need of some solid investments and cash inflows. It is the ministry of trades and investments that would see it happen.

How many ministers of transport have we had since return to democracy that supervised Aviation also?

Even Stella Oduah as Minister of only Aviation was regarded as an alternate president more powerful than Jonathan. Now you have Amaechi combining ministry of Transport and ministry of Aviation under ministry of Transportation and you're working hard to belittle it? fear God small na grin

Infact, Did you regard Olusegun Aganga who held ministry of trade and investment under GEJ as a super minister? wink

Even in your bad belle, you didn't see Finance as important as trade and investment? haba!

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Yanks101: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2015
theV0ice:

How many ministers of transport have we had that since return to democracy that supervised Aviation also?

Even Stella Oduah as Minister of only Aviation was regarded as an alternate president more powerful than Jonathan. Now you have Amaechi combining ministry of Transport and ministry of Aviation under ministry of Transportation and you're working hard to belittle it? fear God small na grin

Infact, Did you regard Olusegun Aganga who held ministry of trade and investment under GEJ as a super minister? wink
When was stella oduah regarded as an alternate president? It was jonathan that fired her afterall.
I am not belittling anything. It is an important portfolio but let us not take it too far. You are doing amaechi a disservice if you give him undue responsibilities.
As a minister of transport,he is mandated to renovate airports, build new ones where necessary, and then manage the NPA and its revenue generations, and also aviation revenues. That is basically all.
The more important duty of roads and rail construction falls under fashola's ministry of works.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by ddippset(m): 8:29am On Nov 12, 2015
Yanks101:
e pain am!

12 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Yanks101: 8:30am On Nov 12, 2015
ddippset:
e pain am!
That is the sum total of your existence.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by ddippset(m): 8:35am On Nov 12, 2015
Yanks101:
That is the sum total of your existence.
that's a figment of your imagination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by theV0ice: 8:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Yanks101:
When was stella oduah regarded as an alternate president? It was jonathan that fired her afterall.
I am not belittling anything. It is an important portfolio but let us not take it too far. You are doing amaechi a disservice if you give him undue responsibilities.
As a minister of transport,he is mandated to renovate airports, build new ones where necessary, and then manage the NPA and its revenue generations, and also aviation revenues. That is basically all.
The more important duty of roads and rail construction falls under fashola's ministry of works.

You mean you never heard about the ''legend of the 5 presidents with GEJ as the weakest''? cheesy

Also you didn't mention that Amaechi would also build railways. Do you know how much a single railway coach costs?

22 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Yanks101: 8:44am On Nov 12, 2015
theV0ice:

You mean you never heard about the ''legend of the 5 presidents with GEJ as the weakest''? cheesy

Also you didn't mention that Amaechi would also build railways. Do you know how much a single railway coach costs?
Sorry, i don't take ramblings of a bitter old man serious.
The same '' weak'' GEJ has replaced him as the icon of democracy and governace in africa.
Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by theV0ice: 8:57am On Nov 12, 2015
Yanks101:
Sorry, i don't take ramblings of a bitter old man serious.
The same '' weak'' GEJ has replaced him as the icon of democracy and governace in africa.

Whom do you take serious then??

You regard Vanguard (a pro GEJ and PDP paper) as arm chair journalists. Now you regard the man who highhandedly gifted GEJ the vice presidency and presidency as a bitter old man?

Anyway, they're both having fun at the moment. While GEJ was supervising elections in Tanzania, OBJ was supervising his in Ivory Coast.

Na their problem cool

21 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by PRYCE(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Super ministers? Lol!

Hope they wear Capes to go with the tag!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by fkaz(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2015
Don't forget the slayer of wailers, who is APC chief propagandists Ahlaji Lai muhammed, who double as minister of INFORMATION, CULTURE AND TOURISM

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 12, 2015
O God, give Your love of justice to those who rule our land.
Help them to rule with wisdom and compassion,
so that the poor and powerless may be treated fairly and with justice.
Open their ears to the cries for help from those caught
in cycles of poverty, abuse or violence.
Give them wisdom to know how best to respond,
and courage to do the right thing, even when it may not be popular.
Under their rule, may the people flourish;
may there be lasting peace and plenty for all. Amen.

Long Live Nigeria,
Long Live Mr. President Buhari and His Cabinet
Long Live Ebiraland and Kogi State.

Onelove. Mr. President move in whichever way you think will benefit Nigerians... APC didnt grant Ebira people governorship ticket even when we came second on primaries, deputy was also deny of the ppl also minister was also takenway. still Nigeria must move forward and i believe God is involved... I dont see it as punishment from anybody. But am proudly an Ebirawoman.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Alezy(m): 9:20am On Nov 12, 2015
So now that Amechi is minister of transport, Hope he can complete the Monorail he started.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Frankiss44(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2015
When you talk of super Ministers, I don't think Transportation falls into that category.. Don't get me wrong, transportation is cool, but not super... We have power and works which has been given to Fashola, we have finance, we have petroleum which is our main source of revenue, we have defense which is going to control huge some of money because of insurgency.. Not to mention Justice, Trade and investment...

This is not the first time we have a transport minister, I can't even remember the last transport minister... But I know the power, petroleum, justice and defence Ministers of the last administration.
Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Frankiss44(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2015
theV0ice:

How many ministers of transport have we had since return to democracy that supervised Aviation also?

Even in your bad belle, you didn't see Finance as important as trade and investment? haba!

Only myopic minds felt that Oduah was an alternative president... If any minister came that close, it should be the ex-petroleum minister Allison Deziani

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by Frankiss44(m): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2015
theV0ice:

Transportation which now supervises Aviation employs a sizeable chunk of Nigerian civil service and a number of cash cows which Nigeria desperately needs now because of crash in oil prices. It has the following MDA's, Agencies and parastatals among others under it

Water Ways

6. Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT)

Aviation:

Land Transportation
1. Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC)

2. Federal Road Safety Commission FRSC

Ever heard of the Ministry of defence and Petroleum?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi, Fashola Emerge Super-ministers by theV0ice: 9:34am On Nov 12, 2015
Frankiss44:

Only myopic minds felt that Oduah was an alternative president... If any minister came that close, it should be the ex-petroleum minister Allison Deziani

Go research on ''the legend of the 5 presidents with GEJ as the weakest'' to get up to date my friend cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Does The Crate Challenge (Photos) / Tea Tree Planted By Buhari At Kakara Estate In 1985 (Photo) / Group Calls For Facebook Ban In Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.